April 19, 2024, 11:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Our Hollowed Out Cities'  (Read 2301 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 27, 2012, 03:41:49 AM »

I keep hearing about radical solutions to the problem of 'our' hollowed out cities.  Where did all the people go? 

Many years ago, some of these same cities were jewels...places of opportunity and prosperity, upward mobility.  What happened?  Where did all the people go?

What's wrong with the big cities?  Corruption?  High taxes?  Poverty?  Crime?  Why did people leave?  What's wrong with the big cities that people keep leaving?

I keep hearing about radical soltuions...FORCE the cities to take in immigrants.   What kind of immigrants?  Illegals?  One city that apparently prospered with immigrants did so by making their city a destination.  It hooked people up with 'services' (a thinly disguised code word for 'welfare')  Drat!!!  If we can't tax the people and steal their money after they move, we'll invite folks illegally and tax the ones that left to support all these imported 'ppor' people.  It seems like 'you don't like the poor' is another code word for racism - 'you don't like illegal aliens AND you are a racist'!!!

Where is the truth?  People left for lots of good reasons.  Corruption?  Higher and never ending taxation?  Crime?  Lack of opportunity for hard working people? 

I wonder how many cities are like Milwauke?  Reporting lower crime, when it's just another case of 'lies, damn lies, and statistics'?

When Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn touted the city's fourth-straight year of falling crime in February, hundreds of beatings, stabbings and child abuse cases were missing from the count, a Journal Sentinel investigation has found.

More than 500 incidents since 2009 were misreported to the FBI as minor assaults and not included in the city's violent crime rate, the investigation found. That tally is based on a review of cases that resulted in charges - only about one-fifth of all reported crimes.

Yet the misreported cases found in 2011 alone are enough that Flynn would have been announcing a 1.1% increase in violent crime in February, instead of a 2.3% decline from the reported 2010 numbers, which also include errors.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/hundreds-of-assault-cases-misreported-by-milwaukee-police-department-v44ce4p-152862135.html

Another case of "if we just give them money, (or pretend they weren't bad) they won't have to be pirates"  Why do people continue to flee the cities? 

How did 'our' cities get 'hollowed ou' in the first place?  Why would anyone want to 'stuff' them with people?  Perpetuate the corrunption?  Crime?  Rip-off?

Why not just let the cities die a noble death?  Let the former city blocks return to green fields?  Let the cycle of life and death complete itself?

Hear about the violent restaurant attack in a Chicago suburb by terrortists?

"Eyewitness recalls violence of Tinley Park restaurant attack "

A horde of masked figures stormed the restaurant in a single-file line, wielding bats, claw hammers and metal batons — their presence announced when one shouted, “‘Hey, bitches, the ARA is going to f--- up this place.’ ”

With that, the shrouded thugs went on a rampage, clubbing diners at The Ashford House restaurant on May 19 in Tinley Park. They did not discriminate as to the targets of their violence, even pushing an 80-year-old woman to the ground, according to an eyewitness who’s a former Chicago police officer.

“Although the terrorist assault lasted only about a minute, it was the longest minute of my life,” the eyewitness said.

read more here - http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/12776463-418/eyewitness-recalls-violence-of-tinley-park-restaurant-attack.html

Who in their right mind would want to live in or around 'our hollowed out cities'?  Cities that ignore crime, criminals, corruption, and seem to grow poverty?  Cities that seem to focus on signing folks up for welfare?  TAxing their neighbors?

What's wrong with these folks wanting to create sanctuary cities for those here illegally?  Criminals?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:58:33 AM »

"Crime statistics gone"

On the Phoenix Police Department's website, you used to find specific information about crimes in certain areas. In a sense, it was a tool to keep you in the know, but now all you get is an option to file a public records request and some general hot spot maps.

"The computer system was in the process of needing to be updated and changed out. As you understand, it was an antiquated system," said Tommy Thompson.

Maybe the crime and violence is spilling over from Mexico?  Drug cartels?

read more here - http://www.kpho.com/story/18629910/crime-statistics-gone

Maybe they could go old school?  Publish the crime statistics in paper format?  Hmmm...just post the text to the net?

"Crime in city rises in 2011, surges in ’12

16% ahead of pace through April"

Statistics for this year show that, through April, the crime rate is up 16 percent compared to this point a year ago.

read more here - http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20120526/LOCAL/305269983/1002/LOCAL

Why do big cities have a problem reporting crime?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 04:05:53 AM »

Ratcheting up his controversial proposal for revitalizing America’s cities, Mayor Bloomberg yesterday suggested that the federal government “deliberately force” large municipalities to take in immigrants as the only hope for salvaging their battered economies.

The mayor also criticized President Obama for deporting more immigrants “than the last four or five presidents put together.”

Bloomberg spoke at a Midtown forum, timed to the release of a new study titled “Not Coming to America: Why the US is Falling Behind in the Global Race for Talent.”
Ratcheting up his controversial proposal for revitalizing America’s cities, Mayor Bloomberg yesterday suggested that the federal government “deliberately force” large municipalities to take in immigrants as the only hope for salvaging their battered economies.

The mayor also criticized President Obama for deporting more immigrants “than the last four or five presidents put together.”

Bloomberg spoke at a Midtown forum, timed to the release of a new study titled “Not Coming to America: Why the US is Falling Behind in the Global Race for Talent.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mike_immigrant_plan_to_save_cities_5Ju0LkpIyG9Dqq29BSeXyH#ixzz1w3S7mLEQ

With the highest taxes in the world, why would they stay and create jobs for Americans?  Immigrants?  How long before they leave the big cities and go to states with no taxes?  Low taxes? 

Crony corruption?

Who exactly is Obama deporting?  Illegals?  Low skilled people?  Highly skilled people?  Wealthy immigrants?  Drug lords? Criminals?

What's wrong with this picture?  What of the millions of poor who come here and take jobs from American?  Live on welfare?  Create a burden for taxpayers?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 04:10:31 AM »

"Clueless Billionaire for Open Borders"

Just like former governor Tom Vilsack of Iowa, who suggested something similar (sans coercion) for his state years ago, politicians are always looking for an easy way out. Could it be that people are fleeing the Big Apple because taxes are too high, regulation too onerous, bureaucracy too officious? Never! Immigrants apparently aren’t human beings, responding to the same incentives as others; instead, they’re a vitamin B shot for mismanaged metropolises reeling from the effects of leftist social policy, 21st-century snake oil that will rid you of warts, straighten your posture, and make your breath smell better.

from the comments -

Why on Earth would they go to the "big and hollowed out cities"? They're hollowed out in the first place because corrupt politicians, unions, and criminals ran the businesses off. Not even Mexican illegals want anything to do with Detroit.

Honestly, how did this man ascend to his position of power and wealth?

Mayor Bloomberg should come to Los Angeles to see a city hollowed out then filled up to overflowing with immigrants. It ain't good.

read more here - http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/300836/clueless-billionaire-open-borders-mark-krikorian#

Perhaps environmentalists should come to the aid of cities trying to rid themselves of crime and corruption and high taxes?  Return themselves to green fields and peace?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.