April 27, 2024, 03:01:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton D. Nelson-Missing Since 9/1/06 Princeton, Louisiana  (Read 922745 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #600 on: March 05, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »

Carolyn
I went back and reread some of your information...I have a feeling that Clinton got into a vehicle with someone...why?  I have no idea..it's just stuck in my head and I can't get rid of that thought. I find it hard to think he would walk that far.  Have you asked for phone records from the police? Could he have called someone to come pick him up that night and went outside to wait on them?  Have they decided to label this case a cold case and can you obtain any of the records at all?  That might help.  It seems that you are going to have to solve this case yourself.  I am sure there are a few of us here that would be more than happy to look over those documents if you could get your hands on them.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »

Carolyn....just checking in to let you know my prayers and thoughts are with you, and to bring Clinton's candles forward.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »

Carolyn
I went back and reread some of your information...I have a feeling that Clinton got into a vehicle with someone...why?  I have no idea..it's just stuck in my head and I can't get rid of that thought. I find it hard to think he would walk that far.  Have you asked for phone records from the police? Could he have called someone to come pick him up that night and went outside to wait on them?  Have they decided to label this case a cold case and can you obtain any of the records at all?  That might help.  It seems that you are going to have to solve this case yourself.  I am sure there are a few of us here that would be more than happy to look over those documents if you could get your hands on them.

Lala's Mom
LE won't release any records.  We know Clinton was trying to get a ride but can't track down anyone that agreed to give him a ride.  I also believe it is unlikely that he would walk that far in the physical condition he was in (injuries from work).  I am trying to get Jeff (Clinton's biological father) to send me the cell records but so far i have not seen them.  If I can get them I would be happy to have the help.  Thank you!

Carolyn

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »

Carolyn....just checking in to let you know my prayers and thoughts are with you, and to bring Clinton's candles forward.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks Mum

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »

Carolyn

Lala's Mom
LE won't release any records.  We know Clinton was trying to get a ride but can't track down anyone that agreed to give him a ride.  I also believe it is unlikely that he would walk that far in the physical condition he was in (injuries from work).  I am trying to get Jeff (Clinton's biological father) to send me the cell records but so far i have not seen them.  If I can get them I would be happy to have the help.  Thank you!

Carolyn

Police should have the cell phone records in the file.
Ask the lead Det for a copy.
AND/or go to the cell phone company President - send a letter explaining who you are etc and get a copy from them if they will comply.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »

Could Clinton have called his dad for a ride?  Did he have a girlfriend that he could have called?  You may have already addressed this, but I am still trying to get all this info organized in my head.  Do you know all the people that were at the house he left?  There has to be someone that can push the LE to give out something to you...if they aren't going to work on the case you should be able to do it.  You are just trying to find out what happened. If you get anything and want to share it email me at cindoal@yahoo.com
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »

Carolyn

Lala's Mom

Carolyn

Police should have the cell phone records in the file.
Ask the lead Det for a copy.
AND/or go to the cell phone company President - send a letter explaining who you are etc and get a copy from them if they will comply.

Kermit,
I did ask LE for the records they won't release them.  The cell phone was not in mine or my son's name it is in Jeff and Debbie's.  The cell company will not release the records to me.

Thanks
Carolyn

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »

Could Clinton have called his dad for a ride?  Did he have a girlfriend that he could have called?  You may have already addressed this, but I am still trying to get all this info organized in my head.  Do you know all the people that were at the house he left?  There has to be someone that can push the LE to give out something to you...if they aren't going to work on the case you should be able to do it.  You are just trying to find out what happened. If you get anything and want to share it email me at cindoal@yahoo.com

I do believe Clinton was trying to get a ride.  Jeff was the last person that we know of to actually speak to Clinton.  Jeff called Clinton - Clinton thought someone (possibly police) were chasing him, the phone went dead and no one has seen or spoken to him again.  This comes from Jeff and has not been verified since we can't ask Clinton.  He did not have a girl friend that we know of. He called my cousin for a ride but she could not pick him up.  I don't have a problem sharing anything, but I don't have anything to send as of now. 

I have spoken to a private detective that has agreed to take on Clinton's case - pro bono!  Hopefully he will be able to get some of the answers we have been looking for!    

Thanks
Carolyn

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »

I do believe Clinton was trying to get a ride.  Jeff was the last person that we know of to actually speak to Clinton.  Jeff called Clinton - Clinton thought someone (possibly police) were chasing him, the phone went dead and no one has seen or spoken to him again.  This comes from Jeff and has not been verified since we can't ask Clinton.  He did not have a girl friend that we know of. He called my cousin for a ride but she could not pick him up.  I don't have a problem sharing anything, but I don't have anything to send as of now. 

I have spoken to a private detective that has agreed to take on Clinton's case - pro bono!  Hopefully he will be able to get some of the answers we have been looking for!    

Thanks
Carolyn

Oh Carolyn...this is great news!!!!I feel really good about this and your Monkey Dance!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2008, 03:27:23 PM »

Oh Gosh Carolyn! That's geat news!  I'll dance with you!

I'll put your PI in my prayers as well. Maybe now you can get all the answers you have been wanting and needing for so long. It's a wonderful thing that he's doing for you, and for Clinton. May God Bless him and guide him as he searches for your son.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2008, 10:42:15 PM »

Thanks
Carolyn

OMG!  Carolyn that is great news.  I can't even begin to say how happy that makes me.  If there is anything I can do to help let me know...I will gladly do research on the net if you need it.  I have plenty of time.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: March 08, 2008, 10:45:38 AM »

Carolyn,
This is great news !

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: March 08, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »

Carolyn ~  Great news about the private detective! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #613 on: March 09, 2008, 05:24:21 PM »

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you don't need these people now, but I will post this anyway, I found it interesting and it could be helpful to others.>>>

Couple helps search for missing people

Mike Melson has a photo of Gretchen McGeeney sitting on a rock in Big Bear -- a few feet in front of her rests the skeletal remains of her son.

The picture might be disturbing to some, but Melson keeps it on his desk to remind himself why he and his wife Bridget devote their time and resources to helping families search for missing loved ones.

"No mother should have to go through that," he said. "It reminds me of what we do and why."

Since 2005, the Melsons have come to the aid of traumatized families searching for lost relatives. Even though the Pleasanton residents are not professionally trained in search and rescue, they use the resources and skills they do have to help family members achieve closure.

"We passionately feel no one should ever be lost forever," BridgetMelson said.

It was their unwavering pledge for answers that led the Melsons to coordinate a new volunteer search effort in Big Bear in September, more than a year after 21-year-old Landon Orcutt had mailed out suicide notes and gone missing.

Days before the new search -- which had been scheduled weeks in advance -- a hiker and his dog stumbled upon what the coroner later positively identified as Orcutt's skull.

A day after an extensive two-day search effort by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office failed to relocate Orcutt's remains, the Melsons set out with McGeeney and her ex-husband.

"We helped bring Landon home," Melson said.

The group found Orcutt's bones 25 yards below the area the sheriff's search team had combed.

"Within an hour of being in the area, Landon's father came across the actual site," McGeeney said from her home in Grand Junction, Colo. "It was amazing the way it happened."

She credits San Bernardino Coroner Dave Van Norman, and the Melsons with eventually finding and bringing her son home.

"If it hadn't been the three of them working in tandem, it wouldn't have happened," McGeeney said.

As a licensed therapist, Bridget Melson, 38, counsels family and friends during search efforts. Mike Melson, 42, a former Silicon Valley executive who now does life coaching, is a licensed pilot with his own plane. He flies over search sites, taking high-resolution aerial photographs.

Working under the name Trinity Search and Recovery, the Melsons coordinate searches, travel arrangements and media inquiries and act as a liaison between families and law enforcement.

And, they do it all out of their own pocket -- or through private donations when they are lucky.

Since Mike Melson first offered his services during a search for Nevada resident Nita Mayo in August 2005, the Melsons have been involved in four cases and numerous searches. Only the search for Orcutt resulted in a recovery.

According to the Department of Justice Web site, on any given day there can be as many as 100,000 active missing persons cases in the United States. Every year, tens of thousands of people vanish under suspicious circumstances.

Search and rescue is a specialized field, with hundreds of teams across the United States, each with its own set of standards.

In California, search and rescue activities fall under county sheriffs, with volunteer team members trained and certified through the California Office of Emergency Services.

Private search groups, such as Trinity, don't go through the same extensive training and certification process as teams recognized by the state. This can sometimes be a source of friction between local officials and private groups.

Chris Boyer, a reserve deputy with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department who serves on the county search and rescue team, said most officials do recognize the role these victim advocacy groups play in missing persons cases.

"They assist families who are obviously grieving the loss of a loved one," Boyer said. "There are a lot of positives with the advocacy groups, because they help the family and help keep hope alive."

Things become a little difficult, however, when law enforcement is coordinating a large-scale search with trained and untrained volunteers, especially when dealing with a potential crime scene and the risk of its contamination.

With certification from the state, Boyer said he knows each search and rescue team shares a standard of care.

"It's almost like a degree program," he said. "They know how to grid search, debrief and handle medical issues."

But the Melsons recognize that their role is to assist law enforcement and not get in their way, while also advocating for families.

But long after law enforcement is forced to pack up and go home, the Melsons said, they can continue the search.

"That leaves the family alone, and I thought 'How could I give up?'" Mike Melson said.

Boyer said scaling back a search effort usually depends on several factors, such as the work schedule of volunteers or whether they have exhausted every inch of a field search.

At that point, the ground search stops and moves to the computer or telephone lines for clues and tips.

"No one should ever be lost forever," Boyer said. "It's very personal for all of us, to search for someone and not find them."

He said missing persons cases are assigned a number and stay open until they are solved, or a tip launches a new search.

Both government and private search and rescue teams recognize they can work together to reach the ultimate goal -- to find the missing person and answers for the family.

"These searches don't automatically find a body," Mike Melson said. "Sometimes you can find evidence."

The Melsons believe they were fated to use their skills to search for the missing. As far as private search companies go, Mike Melson said there is no other like Trinity in California. Across the country, he knows only of Texas EquuSearch, founded by Tim Miller. He and Miller have worked together on several searches.

Working in concert with law enforcement, it's the Melsons' faith and ability to connect with family members that makes them uniquely trained for their chosen path, McGeeney said.

"Mike and Bridget are very special people," she said. "I hope they can continue to find funding to do what they do."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:756913747&start=3

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #614 on: March 09, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you don't need these people now, but I will post this anyway, I found it interesting and it could be helpful to others.>>>

Couple helps search for missing people

Mike Melson has a photo of Gretchen McGeeney sitting on a rock in Big Bear -- a few feet in front of her rests the skeletal remains of her son.

The picture might be disturbing to some, but Melson keeps it on his desk to remind himself why he and his wife Bridget devote their time and resources to helping families search for missing loved ones.

"No mother should have to go through that," he said. "It reminds me of what we do and why."

Since 2005, the Melsons have come to the aid of traumatized families searching for lost relatives. Even though the Pleasanton residents are not professionally trained in search and rescue, they use the resources and skills they do have to help family members achieve closure.

"We passionately feel no one should ever be lost forever," BridgetMelson said.

It was their unwavering pledge for answers that led the Melsons to coordinate a new volunteer search effort in Big Bear in September, more than a year after 21-year-old Landon Orcutt had mailed out suicide notes and gone missing.

Days before the new search -- which had been scheduled weeks in advance -- a hiker and his dog stumbled upon what the coroner later positively identified as Orcutt's skull.

A day after an extensive two-day search effort by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office failed to relocate Orcutt's remains, the Melsons set out with McGeeney and her ex-husband.

"We helped bring Landon home," Melson said.

The group found Orcutt's bones 25 yards below the area the sheriff's search team had combed.

"Within an hour of being in the area, Landon's father came across the actual site," McGeeney said from her home in Grand Junction, Colo. "It was amazing the way it happened."

She credits San Bernardino Coroner Dave Van Norman, and the Melsons with eventually finding and bringing her son home.

"If it hadn't been the three of them working in tandem, it wouldn't have happened," McGeeney said.

As a licensed therapist, Bridget Melson, 38, counsels family and friends during search efforts. Mike Melson, 42, a former Silicon Valley executive who now does life coaching, is a licensed pilot with his own plane. He flies over search sites, taking high-resolution aerial photographs.

Working under the name Trinity Search and Recovery, the Melsons coordinate searches, travel arrangements and media inquiries and act as a liaison between families and law enforcement.

And, they do it all out of their own pocket -- or through private donations when they are lucky.

Since Mike Melson first offered his services during a search for Nevada resident Nita Mayo in August 2005, the Melsons have been involved in four cases and numerous searches. Only the search for Orcutt resulted in a recovery.

According to the Department of Justice Web site, on any given day there can be as many as 100,000 active missing persons cases in the United States. Every year, tens of thousands of people vanish under suspicious circumstances.

Search and rescue is a specialized field, with hundreds of teams across the United States, each with its own set of standards.

In California, search and rescue activities fall under county sheriffs, with volunteer team members trained and certified through the California Office of Emergency Services.

Private search groups, such as Trinity, don't go through the same extensive training and certification process as teams recognized by the state. This can sometimes be a source of friction between local officials and private groups.

Chris Boyer, a reserve deputy with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department who serves on the county search and rescue team, said most officials do recognize the role these victim advocacy groups play in missing persons cases.

"They assist families who are obviously grieving the loss of a loved one," Boyer said. "There are a lot of positives with the advocacy groups, because they help the family and help keep hope alive."

Things become a little difficult, however, when law enforcement is coordinating a large-scale search with trained and untrained volunteers, especially when dealing with a potential crime scene and the risk of its contamination.

With certification from the state, Boyer said he knows each search and rescue team shares a standard of care.

"It's almost like a degree program," he said. "They know how to grid search, debrief and handle medical issues."

But the Melsons recognize that their role is to assist law enforcement and not get in their way, while also advocating for families.

But long after law enforcement is forced to pack up and go home, the Melsons said, they can continue the search.

"That leaves the family alone, and I thought 'How could I give up?'" Mike Melson said.

Boyer said scaling back a search effort usually depends on several factors, such as the work schedule of volunteers or whether they have exhausted every inch of a field search.

At that point, the ground search stops and moves to the computer or telephone lines for clues and tips.

"No one should ever be lost forever," Boyer said. "It's very personal for all of us, to search for someone and not find them."

He said missing persons cases are assigned a number and stay open until they are solved, or a tip launches a new search.

Both government and private search and rescue teams recognize they can work together to reach the ultimate goal -- to find the missing person and answers for the family.

"These searches don't automatically find a body," Mike Melson said. "Sometimes you can find evidence."

The Melsons believe they were fated to use their skills to search for the missing. As far as private search companies go, Mike Melson said there is no other like Trinity in California. Across the country, he knows only of Texas EquuSearch, founded by Tim Miller. He and Miller have worked together on several searches.

Working in concert with law enforcement, it's the Melsons' faith and ability to connect with family members that makes them uniquely trained for their chosen path, McGeeney said.

"Mike and Bridget are very special people," she said. "I hope they can continue to find funding to do what they do."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:756913747&start=3

Nut44x4,
I have spoken to Mike and Bridget on BFN and by email.  Mostly I have spoken to Mike.  I am not going to say I don't need them.  I think right now we have to get a better idea of where Clinton is to utilize resources like Mike and Bridget and Texas Equu Search.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Carolyn

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: March 10, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »

Thanks
Carolyn
Fantastic news!!!! I think this is exactly what you need right now and I hope he can do what the LE could not..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #616 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »

Thanks
Carolyn
Fantastic news!!!! I think this is exactly what you need right now and I hope he can do what the LE could not..

Thanks Everyone.  I appreciate all of the support!  I hope that the PI will be able to find out something.  It would be really nice to know something....anything about what really happened that night!  Please say prayers....not only for answers but for peace!  I am convinced that this is not a simple accident as LE now says they believe.  No matter the outcome it will be very difficult I am sure! 

Blessings,
Carolyn

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #617 on: March 18, 2008, 11:11:11 PM »

Please keep us updated when you can. We haven't forgotten about you.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: March 19, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »

Just dropping by to let you know you and Clinton are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: March 19, 2008, 09:19:18 AM »

I'm always peeking in too, Carolyn, you and Clinton are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bringing Clinton's candles forward.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.