March 28, 2024, 05:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton D. Nelson-Missing Since 9/1/06 Princeton, Louisiana  (Read 921059 times)
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1780 on: September 24, 2018, 01:50:31 PM »

Carolyn, I don't know if this article will be able to help you in any way but I will put it out there for you to view.  This internet group was able to help this one family with their missing son and I thought you might find them useful in Clinton's case:

http://www.lifedaily.com/story/internet-aids-in-mystery-disappearance/source/fb1/#utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&utm_term-dan&utm_campaign=03/22-US-FB12-GratefulTeen-NA-4N-T-A-S1

"Dedicated Facebook Group Helps Solve Grateful Dead Fan’s Disappearance After 20 Years"
Like us on Facebook"

I know it is one of those pesky Facebook ads but you never know.

Thank you Blue Moon!

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1781 on: September 24, 2018, 01:52:01 PM »

Thank you Nut44x4!

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2018/09/20/louisiana-12-year-haughton-missing-person-case-cash-award-100-k/1289989002/

Cash award for tips leading to Haughton man missing for 12 years
Sarah Crawford, Shreveport Times Published 6:00 a.m. CT Sept. 20, 2018

It was Sept. 1, 2006, and from 1,300 miles away, Carolyn Johnson could sense something was wrong with her son. Only six months earlier, Clinton Devon Nelson, 21, had moved from his childhood home of Spearfish, South Dakota, where Johnson still lived, to get to know his father in Haughton and work in the oilfield industry.

“I almost called him, but I didn’t, I talked myself out of it,” Johnson said of that night. “I knew that he had just turned 21 and he was an adult, and I had to let him grow up. I figured if he needed me, he would call me.”

Two days later, she found out that her intuition had been correct. Her son had been missing since that Friday night, when he was last seen attending a party at a home in Princeton.

Since that day, there have been countless searches, tips, rumors and investigations. But 12 years later, Nelson has still not been found.

MORE: Search for answers in disappearance continues 10 years later << available as a link on the link above

“It’s been incredibly hard,” Johnson said. “They say losing a child is the worst thing a person can ever go through in their lifetime. But in the case of a missing person, you’re going through that loss of a child over and over and over again.”

READ more to review details.

Unconnected dots

Bossier Sheriff’s Office Lt. Justin Banet has been assigned as a detective on the Nelson case for a little over a month. When he first took over, parsing through the material collected by previous detectives was a large task, he said.

“There’s so much information — it’s 12 years old,” he said. “Coming into it, I knew the basics of everything, but was just making sure I absorbed everything and got caught up as to where we’re at right now.”

Hundreds of people have been interviewed over the years, Banet said, and detectives will go back and re-interview possible witnesses any time new information pops up.

“There’s multiple possibilities, multiple stories, multiple rumors over the years,” he said. “We follow up on every tip we get, no matter what it is.”

It was a tip that led sheriff's office detectives to join with deputies from the Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office in search of potential human remains in July 2017, about 11 miles south of Coushatta. The search was intensive, but ultimately no remains were found.

It was just one of many fruitless searches over the past 12 years, Madden said.

“Every tip, lead, information that we’ve gotten in the last 12 years, we have run down to the fullest,” he said. “We’ve searched numerous places, we’ve dove ponds, we’ve drained ponds, we have done land searches, we have had cadaver dogs out, we’ve sifted through dirt looking for bone fragments of any kind. Thousands of man hours have been put into it.”

The Nelson case was even featured on the Investigation Discovery show “Disappeared” in 2012, which led to tips coming in from all over the country.

“There was a lot of, ‘I know somebody who looks like him,’” Madden said. “I would have to reach out to other agencies in different states and get them to track them down and just verify that it wasn’t him.”

New tips have come in each time the case is publicized in some way, whether in the media or elsewhere, Madden said. But so far, answers are still few.

“We’ve never been able to connect any dots to say, ‘This is what we know happened for sure,’” he said.

A new reward

The most recent development in the case is a new reward being offered by a private donor for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for Nelson's disappearance, Johnson said.

The reward offer — $100,000 — will expire Dec. 31.

“We just want your information,” Madden said. “We’ll do all the leg work and investigate everything.

“I truly believe somebody out there knows exactly what happened to him,” Madden said. “I just hope for the family’s sake, and for us, that one person comes forward and tells us.”

Nelson had blonde hair and blue eyes, was 6 feet, 1 inch tall and weighed about 160 pounds when he disappeared. He was last seen wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans and a new pair of white tennis shoes.

He also wore distinctive round eyeglasses with silver wire rims. He would now be 33 years old.

Anyone with information about the case should call the Bossier Sheriff’s Office at (318) 965-2203 or Bossier Crimestoppers at (318) 424-4100.

“I will never give up looking for my son — I will never give up looking for answers,” Johnson said. “I firmly believe there are people that know not only what happened, but where he is. Until my last breath, I will not stop until I find him, or I will die trying.”

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: October 01, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »

Carolyn, you are in my thoughts and prayers today as usual.  I hope you get the answers you need and Clinton is found.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1783 on: October 17, 2018, 02:34:45 PM »

I would like to congratulate Carolyn on her recent marriage and her and new hubby's brand new home!! You deserve ALL the happiness 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: October 18, 2018, 03:06:30 PM »

I would like to congratulate Carolyn on her recent marriage and her and new hubby's brand new home!! You deserve ALL the happiness 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1785 on: November 16, 2018, 03:32:23 PM »

Carolyn, you are in my thoughts and prayers today as usual.  I hope you get the answers you need and Clinton is found.

Thank you Bearlyhere!  I appreciate you!

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1786 on: November 16, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »

Ah! Thank you Nut44x4!  I love that you are my friend!  It has been a whirlwind!  The only think that could make it better is if Clinton were home to enjoy it with me!

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1787 on: November 16, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »

Hey everyone - I know I have not been on line a lot lately.  Hopefully now that the wedding and move are over, I can get on here more often.  I thought I would update everyone. 

First - A big thank you to all of you!  You have continued sharing and posting on Clitnon's thread!  It's crazy to think this thread has been read over 667,000 times.

Second - there is a new detective on Clinton's case.  His name is LT. Justin Banet.  He seems nice enough and seems to want to get some answers.  12 years is a long time to sort through.  With that said, there is a reward of 100,000 for new info in Clinton's case. It is only available through December 31.  I do know that there are leads coming in. Hoping there will be enough to connect the dots and lead to finding Clinton.  Please keep sharing and praying.

Much appreciation to all of you - Clinton's mom!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1788 on: November 16, 2018, 07:26:41 PM »

Congratulations, Carolyn!  I'm so happy for you!   

We'll keep sharing and praying until we get the answers you need.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1789 on: November 27, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »

Congratulations, Carolyn!  I'm so happy for you!   

We'll keep sharing and praying until we get the answers you need.   

Thank you Texas Mom

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1790 on: November 27, 2018, 12:58:20 PM »

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been in contact with the detective on Clinton's case.  He is following up on some leads.

Also I got a contact from someone that told me about a John Doe that was found in Oregon in a shallow grave. Some of the details match.  Height 5'8" to 6'1", white tennis shoes, isotopes indicate the man traveled between cold and warm climates within the months prior to death.  The believe the person is 25-45 - that part does not match.  Also it says skeletal remains were found October 23, 2006.  That also seems unlikely.  It would not have been skeletal in 1 3/4 months.  While this does not seem likely, I want to know for sure.

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?threads/big-springs-john-doe-wm-25-45-found-in-linn-county-or-oct-2006-spondylolysis.204/

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1791 on: December 04, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »

I wanted you all to know that Namus compared Clinton's DNA and the John Doe and they are not a match. 

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been in contact with the detective on Clinton's case.  He is following up on some leads.

Also I got a contact from someone that told me about a John Doe that was found in Oregon in a shallow grave. Some of the details match.  Height 5'8" to 6'1", white tennis shoes, isotopes indicate the man traveled between cold and warm climates within the months prior to death.  The believe the person is 25-45 - that part does not match.  Also it says skeletal remains were found October 23, 2006.  That also seems unlikely.  It would not have been skeletal in 1 3/4 months.  While this does not seem likely, I want to know for sure.

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?threads/big-springs-john-doe-wm-25-45-found-in-linn-county-or-oct-2006-spondylolysis.204/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: December 04, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »

Thank you for keeping us posted, carolyn!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: December 30, 2018, 02:06:47 PM »

The location of this find is roughly three hours drive from Clinton's last known location.

https://katc.com/news/around-acadiana/evangeline-parish/2018/12/30/bizarre-twist-old-human-skull-found-in-search-for-missing-child

Bizarre twist: Old human skull found in search for missing child
KATC News
1:12 pm
December 30, 2018

KATC has confirmed via two independent sources that an old human skull was found in a barn yesterday during a search for a missing child.

The child’s parents were arrested this morning and booked on cruelty charges. To read that story, click here.

We’re told the skull is very old, and was found by people searching the area for the missing boy. We’re working to get more information from the Evangeline Parish Sheriff’s Office on the find.

We’ve also reached out to the FACES lab at LSU; we’re told anthropologists from the lab are taking possession of the skull to attempt a reconstruction.

We’ll update this story as soon as we have more information.

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1794 on: January 08, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »

Has anyone seen anything more on this?  I don't see anything additional.

The location of this find is roughly three hours drive from Clinton's last known location.

https://katc.com/news/around-acadiana/evangeline-parish/2018/12/30/bizarre-twist-old-human-skull-found-in-search-for-missing-child

KATC News
December 30, 2018

KATC has confirmed via two independent sources that an old human skull was found in a barn yesterday during a search for a missing child.

The child’s parents were arrested this morning and booked on cruelty charges. To read that story, click here.

We’re told the skull is very old, and was found by people searching the area for the missing boy. We’re working to get more information from the Evangeline Parish Sheriff’s Office on the find.

We’ve also reached out to the FACES lab at LSU; we’re told anthropologists from the lab are taking possession of the skull to attempt a reconstruction.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1795 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »

KATC News
December 30, 2018

I haven't seen anything else yet either, Carolyn.  If I see anything at all, I'll post it here. 

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1796 on: February 05, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »

Thank you Texasmom!

KATC News
December 30, 2018

I haven't seen anything else yet either, Carolyn.  If I see anything at all, I'll post it here. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: February 05, 2019, 04:22:24 PM »

https://katc.com/news/around-acadiana/evangeline-parish/2018/12/30/bizarre-twist-old-human-skull-found-in-search-for-missing-child/

If anyone has any information in reference to the remains located is asked to contact the Evangeline Parish Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division at 337-363-2161.

Carolyn, I think you should contact them if you already haven't
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1798 on: May 09, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »

I did check into it.  It is not Clinton.  It is a female.

https://katc.com/news/around-acadiana/evangeline-parish/2018/12/30/bizarre-twist-old-human-skull-found-in-search-for-missing-child/

If anyone has any information in reference to the remains located is asked to contact the Evangeline Parish Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division at 337-363-2161.

Carolyn, I think you should contact them if you already haven't

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1799 on: July 22, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »

As some of you may know, I was in Louisiana again last week.  There is a new detective on Clinton's case. He is following up on some leads.  Hoping it will lead somewhere.  We got a lot of publicity.  All major networks did stories on Clinton.  We have a $25,000 reward up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.