March 28, 2024, 03:38:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Wood 19 yo, Tillmans Corner AL, last seen 05/31/2012  (Read 331936 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »

Forgot about something Klaas, Brittany's daughter is still a toddler...it has been stated in the press that the juvenile victim contacted police.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

::snipping2::

Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime," said Captain Arthur.

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

"I think that once our investigation is completed and all the individuals are brought to arrest, I'll give you more detail, but I think you'll understand just how serious a crime it is," said Captain Arthur.

True, her daughter looks to be around 4ish but she could certainly talk. 

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime,"

I doubt he would have said toddler.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 06:35:32 AM »

I have had the opportunity to work with Captain Arthur on an unrelated case, and he is top notch. This case will solve.

It will be a nightmare and it is every bit as bad as you think, but it will solve.

God Bless the victims in this case.

B
Thanks Blink for that assurance.
O/T Once I get my new computer up and running, will check in with you.
I heart you back.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-family-collects-donations
Wood's family collects donations
July 7, 2012

MOBILE, Ala. (ALA) - Saturday, friends and family members of missing teen Brittney Wood took to the streets of Mobile to raise money for a reward in order to bring her back.

It's been 38 days since Wood, 19, went missing from her home in Tillman's Corner.

Wood's father, Wallace Hanke, has been searching every day on his own for his daughter. He says nothing has turned up yet.
"We're following all kind of leads but nothing has panned out," Hanke said Saturday.

He feels that Mobile Police aren’t giving his daughter's case enough gravity.

"It's more than just a missing person, something's went wrong somewhere and I think they just need to take it more serious,” Hanke said. “We just want the police to check into it and push the investigation a little further."

Wood's family believes that offering a reward for information on her whereabouts will help push the search further, and in the right direction.

"We believe money talks," said Wood's stepmother, Stephanie Hanke.
The family hopes to raise the money in order to give a anyone who has information that would help find the teen, who has been missing since May 30 , a motivating incentive to come forward.

They have also set up an account for donations. Those interested can go to any Compass Bank and make a deposit into the Brittney Wood Fund.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Brother-of-Missing-Woman-Arrested/ZknItZWouUiM42tsq0lR5Q.cspx

Brother of Missing Woman Arrested

Published: 7/14 9:29 pm

(BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala.) - The brother of a missing teen mom has been arrested in Baldwin County. Derek Wood was arrested Friday night on rape, incest and sodomy charges.

Wood's sister, 19-year old Brittney Wood, disappeared on May 30, in the Styx River area in Baldwin County. Police say the last signal from her cell phone was traced to a tower in Grand Bay.

Days after her disappearance, Wood's phone hit off a tower in the area near her uncle's home. That uncle has since committed suicide.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Brother-of-Missing-Woman-Arrested/ZknItZWouUiM42tsq0lR5Q.cspx

Brother of Missing Woman Arrested

Published: 7/14 9:29 pm

(BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala.) - The brother of a missing teen mom has been arrested in Baldwin County. Derek Wood was arrested Friday night on rape, incest and sodomy charges.

Wood's sister, 19-year old Brittney Wood, disappeared on May 30, in the Styx River area in Baldwin County. Police say the last signal from her cell phone was traced to a tower in Grand Bay.

Days after her disappearance, Wood's phone hit off a tower in the area near her uncle's home. That uncle has since committed suicide.

From same link:

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2012, 07:11:55 PM »

This is not looking good for Brittney.  Unless, she just ran away from all of this.  What a sick sick family.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »

As much rape, incest and sickness that has gone on with this family there are surely those on the inside that covered it up, turned their head away, etc..  Alabama DFACS....if someone here works for them or reads here PLEASE I beg you to pull the little children out or insert a worker in the home(s)  for repeated, constant visits!!!!!!!  The whole family surrounding should be investigated front and back, intensely.   I'm wondering if Brittney went to confront her Uncle because she thought he messed with her child or would try to?  All this stuff didn't just happen on one day! Its been going on for years and their victims need serious help.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »

So, we've got 3 male relatives arrested for sex crimes and one dead after being investigated for sex crimes...what the heck was going on in this family? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/uncle-of-missing-teen-arrested-again

Uncle of missing teen arrested again
Dustin Kent faces rape, sodomy, incest charges
Updated: Monday, 16 Jul 2012, 6:06 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 16 Jul 2012, 4:07 PM CDT

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - Dustin Kent has been arrested for a second time by the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office, charged with sex crimes on a second victim.

Kent is the uncle of missing Mobile teen Brittney Wood.

He faces rape, incest and sodomy charges.

His arrest came one day after Wood's brother, Derek, was arrested for rape and sodomy.
The investigation into the sex crimes continues.

"Not all the people we're looking at were family members. It's unfortunate but our victims were preyed upon by several different individuals, three of which happen to be related," Lowery said.

Deputies said they anticipate at least two more arrests.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »

At this point it seems that the mothers and other relatives of these victims are also complicit in the crimes.  It is time for mass extermination of all these freaks of humanity, there is no other cure for the problem.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »

Fourth relative of missing teen arrested

Updated: Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012, 9:02 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012, 8:54 PM CDT

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff’s said they’ve made another arrest in the fast moving sex crimes case, involving relatives of missing teenager, Brittney Wood.

Deputies said 20-year-old Donald Holland of Daphne was booked in the Baldwin County jail on charges on incest, rape, and sex abuse.

This is the fourth family member to be arrested in this case.

Authorities said Holland’s father, Donnie, committed suicide in May.
more at link:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/bcso-arrests-fourth-relative-of-wood

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »

BCSO: No proof Wood, sex abuse arrests connected

Updated: Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012, 3:31 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 16 Jul 2012, 8:59 PM CDT

Andrew Perez

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - Relatives said the search for missing teen Brittney Wood has seen its share of setbacks.

Since the teen’s disappearance on May 30, three family members have been arrested on sex crimes; and according to relatives, a fourth committed suicide the day she vanished.

“We're definitely focused on finding her one way or another,” said Brittney’s stepmother Stephanie Hanke, who spoke to FOX10 with Brittney’s father. “The not knowing is what is killing us.”

“She is not a victim in our sex abuse case, and our case has been going on much longer than the missing person's report that was filed with Mobile Police Department on Brittney wood,” said BCSO Major Anthony Lowery.

Some of Wood's family, however, said they need more than that.

“That’s not a good enough reason for us,” said Hanke. “They cannot explain to us, to convince us that it has nothing to do with it. They have yet to convince us.”

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/bcso-no-proof-wood-arrests-connected

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2012, 08:06:45 AM »

Older article...so I take it all these perverted relatives are related to Brittney's mom?

Brittney Wood's mom still has faith

Updated: Friday, 22 Jun 2012, 10:32 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 22 Jun 2012, 3:18 PM CDT

Paige Malone
    Photojournalist: James McConatha

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The mother of missing mom Brittney Wood is reaching out to her daughter. Wood has been missing since May 30.

Chessie Wood said it has been tough on the family. She said she can’t eat or sleep.

"We just miss her and want her to come home," said Wood.

As of Friday, Wood hasn’t seen her daughter in 22 days.

"She was happy as she could be. She wasn't upset at all. She walked out of my yard carrying a blue bag and just i thought she was going to a friend's (house.) That was the last time I saw her,” said Wood.
I wonder what this is supposed to mean....coming from Chessie Wood:

"Brittney, honey, you are in no trouble whatsoever. If you believe you may be in some kind of trouble, I’ve done checked it all out. You are not in any trouble. Call me; instant message me; Facebook me or whatever. Just come home or let me know you are safe," said Wood.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-mom-still-has-faith

Karma Is Coming

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »

What are the chances that a missing (and likely dead) teen and a massive family sex crimes case are NOT related????  Please.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »

What are the chances that a missing (and likely dead) teen and a massive family sex crimes case are NOT related????  Please.

Sad but the truth--and this must be quote of the week!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Family-arrests-related-to-missing-teen

Family members feel arrests are related to missing teen

Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 10:41 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012, 3:41 PM CDT

Renee Dials

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The family of missing teen Brittney Wood is offering a $1,500 reward for information that will help find her.

Some family members believe the teen's disappearance and the arrests of several relatives are somehow linked. 

Aikin, who is the sister of Brittney's father, says her family has been following the sex crimes investigation in Baldwin County.

"It just seems to go on and on and get deeper and deeper," Aikin said.

Baldwin County Sheriff's investigators say their sex abuse investigation is not linked to Brittney's disappearance.

Some family members don't believe that.

"Personally, I think it's a good possibility.  More things come out about Donnie Holland since he's committed suicide," Aikin said.

"I know that I've heard he was supposed to be arrested the day that he shot his self," Aikin said.

Two other uncles Randall Wood and Dustin Kent were arrested for rape, sodomy and incest last month. Kent was arrested on additional sex charges again July 16.

Brittney's bother Derek Wood was arrested on the same charges on July 13 but his incest charge was later dropped.

On Tuesday, deputies arrested Wood's cousin Donald Holland, Jr. on the same charges.

"You have to wonder whose next. Things are heating up. I've been praying that the truth will come out," Aikin said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »

The comments are interesting at that link too imo.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Family-arrests-related-to-missing-teen

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mom-arrests-overshadow-search

Wood's mom: Recent arrests overshadow search for Brittney

Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 10:39 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012, 4:46 PM CDT

Andrew Perez

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The family of missing teen Brittany Wood is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to her rescue or recovery.

It’s been seven weeks since the mysterious disappearance of the 19-year-old mother.

Brittney’s mother, Chessie Wood, tells FOX10 the search efforts for her daughter have been overshadowed by recent sex abuse and incest arrests involving four family members.

“I believe something's wrong,” said Chessie Wood.  “My gut has told me that from day one. I do not believe my daughter would leave her child and her family behind period.”

Wood said she was shocked to learn of the sex arrests, which include her son and Brittney’s brother, 21-year-old Derek Wood.

“We're trying not to let it distract us off our focus period because Brittney is our number one goal here, but yes as a human being, yes it's a little distracting,” she said.

Chessie believes the sex abuse case is not related to her missing daughter. However, she says she believes the suicide of Donald Holland may have something to do with it.

“He picked her up at the end of my street,” said Wood. “They did go to Styx River. We know this by telephone pings. Later, her phone pings back in grand bay, once.”

FOX10 News has learned Holland was also a suspect in the family sex abuse case that had been ongoing for several months.

Authorities said two days after Wood vanished, Holland shot himself near his home in Marlow.

Chessie Wood said now she has more questions than answers.

“It seems every day a little piece unravels which is a good thing. The more unraveling we get to, maybe to the bottom we'll get.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:10 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-family-posts-reward-fliers

Officials: Gun uncle used in suicide was Brittney's
Wood has been missing since May 30, 2012

Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 9:55 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 5:38 PM CDT

Andrew Perez
Photojournalist: Michael Reedy

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - FOX10 News has uncovered new information in the case of missing teenager Brittney wood.

Wood was last seen May 30 heading to Baldwin County and the Styx River area with her uncle, Donald Holland.

Deputies said Holland was found two days later with a self-inflicted gunshot wound on June 1. He died in the hospital June 4.

Investigators confirm the Raven .25-caliber handgun Holland used in the suicide belonged to Wood.

We spoke with Wood’s mother about the discovery.

Chessie Wood said she felt her daughter's disappearance was mysterious since the beginning. However, she is unsure how Holland may have gotten Brittney’s gun.

"We believe we have missed something that is hollering our name, and maybe it was so obvious,” said Chessie.

“It just really does not look good that she went missing May 30 and two days later he commits suicide.”

Just a few weeks after her daughter vanished, four family members were arrested and charged with sex crimes, including incest.

A source close to the investigation said Holland was a suspect in that same family sex abuse case and was expected to meet with authorities June 1, about half an hour after he shot himself.

Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun. FOX10 confirmed the weapon did have just one bullet left, after Holland shot himself..

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2012, 01:43:01 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News

Comments under the stories about Brittany and/or the arrests of her relatives are interesting imo.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.