March 28, 2024, 12:39:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Wood 19 yo, Tillmans Corner AL, last seen 05/31/2012  (Read 332044 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »

Why does a 19 year old girl feel the need to carry a gun?  Is this common?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »

Well seeing that most of the adults in her life have been arrested for sex related crimes she may have bought it for protection from them.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=119435454867643&set=a.105298662947989.9118.100004035675318&type=1

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »

If there was a big investigation going on around this family concerning sex crimes, why have we not heard of LE monitoring computer & phone records?  Would it not make sense that LE would be watching those to garner evidence and insight on exactly who was breaking which laws?  If that were being done, LE should know exactly what happened to Brittney.  I just wonder how thorough a job LE was doing in this investigation?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

Well seeing that most of the adults in her life have been arrested for sex related crimes she may have bought it for protection from them.

Yep, exactly.  So sad.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »

Search for Brittney Wood continues

Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 5:23 PM CDT

Published : Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 11:04 AM CDT

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The search for missing teen mom Brittney Wood continues.

Monday morning, FOX10 News spoke to Brad Dennis with KLAASKids Foundation , a non profit organization dedicated to finding missing children.

Dennis said the recent arrest of five people, including Wood’s family members, for sex crimes has raised questions but not halted the search.

“The challenge that we face is trying to determine what took place that night and where,” said Dennis. “We all still believe someone knows something that took place that evening of May 30 or the 31. We believe there are still people out there that saw Brittany during that time frame. We need them to come forward.”

FOX10 News asked Dennis how this case compared to others, considering the turn of events.

more at link:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/search-for-brittney-wood-continues

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »

5th sex crimes suspect heads to court

Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 5:52 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 12:26 PM CDT

FOLEY, Ala. (WALA) - A fifth arrest was made over the weekend in an on-going sex crimes investigation in Baldwin County.  Although not related to missing teen Brittney Wood, family members said he is a friend to the family.

William Bonny Brownlee, 48, was arrested Sunday in Baldwin County.  His charges include sodomy and sexual abuse.

Although officials said the investigation started before Mobile County teenager Brittney Wood went missing, she is a common factor among all of the suspects.

The four men arrested previously are all related to Wood, and investigators said Brownlee was a friend of Donald Holland, Sr.  Holland was Wood’s uncle and was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound two days after Wood went missing
more at link:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/5th-sex-crimes-suspect-heads-to-court

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »

Brittney Wood family wants investigation
Family wants a criminal investigation

Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 5:47 PM CDT

Published : Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 3:01 PM CDT

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Brittney Wood's mother said she wants her daughters missing persons case upgraded to a criminal investigation.

Chessie Wood believes there is foul play suspected in her daughter's case, and she wants authorities to acknowledge it.

"I believe her being listed as a missing person does knock her down on the priority level," said Wood.
 ::snipping2::
Chessie Wood said she's asked police why her daughters case isn't considered to be criminal.

"They said to swap it over to a criminal case, there has to be foul play proven. So I asked them could they prove to me there wasn't foul play? And that is where we are kind of bumping heads right now," said Chessie Wood.

There have been a number of Brittney's family members arrested since she has disappeared. None of them have been criminally linked to Brittney. But Wood thinks police should take a closer look what happened shortly after her daughter disappeared.

"She walks out my door May 30, Her uncle commits suicide two days later. He's the last one she's seen with," said Wood.
"I mean, it was interesting how obviously there was some things going in there family. A family member commits suicide. There have been a number of arrests with other family members. It is interesting; but we don't have anything right now that says that he's in any sort of trouble," said Levy.

Wood's mother believes upgrading her daughters case to a criminal investigation would bring more resources to the investigation. And hopefully, bring her daughter home

"She only had me one grand baby, and I'm hoping that baby could at least be able to visit her mama. My worst nightmare is to be Natalee Holloway's parents never to bring their child back," said Wood.
more at link:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood-family-wants-investigation

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »

5th sex crimes suspect heads to court

Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 5:52 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 12:26 PM CDT

FOLEY, Ala. (WALA) - A fifth arrest was made over the weekend in an on-going sex crimes investigation in Baldwin County.  Although not related to missing teen Brittney Wood, family members said he is a friend to the family.

William Bonny Brownlee, 48, was arrested Sunday in Baldwin County.  His charges include sodomy and sexual abuse.

Although officials said the investigation started before Mobile County teenager Brittney Wood went missing, she is a common factor among all of the suspects.

The four men arrested previously are all related to Wood, and investigators said Brownlee was a friend of Donald Holland, Sr.  Holland was Wood’s uncle and was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound two days after Wood went missing
more at link:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/5th-sex-crimes-suspect-heads-to-court

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »

What were these pervs doing?  I'm beginning to wonder if 'uncle' Donnie really committed suicide or if someone was afraid he was going to talk?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/woods-mother-feels-brittney-was-abused
Edit to correct link per TexasMom.  MB

Wood's mother feels Brittney was abused
Updated: Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 4:44 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 3:35 PM CDT

April Douglas
Photojournalist: Marcus Powe

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The mother of missing teenager Brittney Wood said she believes her daughter was the victim of sexual abuse.

The teen has been missing since May 30, but Chessie Wood said her daughter wouldn't have just walked off.

Chessie Wood believes her daughter Brittney knew arrests were coming in a sex crimes investigation before she disappeared.

She also believes her daughter was sexually abused by her now-dead uncle, Donald Holland, Sr.

"I was told by authorities that Brittney was one of his victims," said Chessie Wood.

She said she feels she is still being victimized by her uncle because he was the last person to have seen her. A source told FOX10 Holland was a suspect in a sex crimes ring but, before he could be questioned, he killed himself.

Chessie Wood says she asked her daughter Brittney if anyone had touched her or made her feel uncomfortable and she told her 'No.'

"A lot of rape victims do this. We don't know why they will protect the molester," said Chessie Wood.

Wood believes Holland held the key to her daughter's disappearance.

"I believe Brittney was trying to protect some people in the family she loved and she paid the ultimate price for it," Wood said.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:01:31 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-2-year-old-doing-fine

Brittney Wood's 2-year-old "doing fine"
Updated: Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 6:15 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 1:44 PM CDT

Letisha Bush
Photojournalist: La-Keya Stinchcomb

GRAND BAY, Ala. (WALA) - The great-grandmother of Brittney Wood's 2-year-old daughter, Payton Hamilton, said she does her best to protect the child from the details of her mother's missing person’s case.

Maxine Harris, 65, said her grandson, Andrew Hamilton, is Payton's father and has full custody of the 2-year-old. Harris said Payton spends a lot of her time with her and she is doing fine.

Harris said the last time Payton saw her mother was two days before she went missing. Since then, Harris said she has only seen her mother's picture on television.

"When the news comes on, they show the picture of Brittney. If she is standing close by she'll go to the TV and she'll point and say that's my mama,” said Harris

Harris said Payton is doing fine, but she notices her mother isn't around and has asked where she is.

“We figured when she gets old enough and asks us questions we can try to explain things to her, but right now all we can do is say she's gone somewhere,” said Harris.

Although hopeful Wood will turn up soon, Harris said she isn't sure if that will happen.

“She wouldn't be gone this long. Maybe a few days would go by that she wouldn't call my grandson which is the baby's daddy. But she would call. So we know something has happened or they got her where she cannot use a phone,” said Harris.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/woods-mother-feels-brittney-was-abused

"Why did Brittney carry a gun?" asked FOX10.

"For protection," answered Chessie Wood. "She had a lot of obsessive ex-boyfriends and look what was going on across the Bay... I guess she was scared."

But Chessie Wood said if her daughter did run out of fear, she would not have left her gun or cell phone behind.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »

http://ht.ly/1lDj5O

Wood's mother feels Brittney was abused
Updated: Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 4:44 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 3:35 PM CDT

April Douglas
Photojournalist: Marcus Powe

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The mother of missing teenager Brittney Wood said she believes her daughter was the victim of sexual abuse.

The teen has been missing since May 30, but Chessie Wood said her daughter wouldn't have just walked off.

Chessie Wood believes her daughter Brittney knew arrests were coming in a sex crimes investigation before she disappeared.

She also believes her daughter was sexually abused by her now-dead uncle, Donald Holland, Sr.

"I was told by authorities that Brittney was one of his victims," said Chessie Wood.

She said she feels she is still being victimized by her uncle because he was the last person to have seen her. A source told FOX10 Holland was a suspect in a sex crimes ring but, before he could be questioned, he killed himself.

Chessie Wood says she asked her daughter Brittney if anyone had touched her or made her feel uncomfortable and she told her 'No.'

"A lot of rape victims do this. We don't know why they will protect the molester," said Chessie Wood.

Wood believes Holland held the key to her daughter's disappearance.

"I believe Brittney was trying to protect some people in the family she loved and she paid the ultimate price for it," Wood said.

Edit to change link.  I thought that link looked odd, it was because of some toolbar that must have been being used by the twitter poster where I first saw the story and followed the link. Fixed MB

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:05:49 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2012, 12:13:52 AM »

Thanks MuffyBee!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/brittney_wood_questions_keep_p.html

Brittney Wood: Questions keep piling up in case of missing teen
Published: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 10:15 AM     Updated: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 1:57 PM
By Michael Dumas, Press-Register

MOBILE, Alabama -- Where is Brittney?
For 61 days, investigators, family members and friends have stared at silent cell phones, empty bedrooms and an inactive Facebook page as they await word of the whereabouts of Brittney Wood.

The 19-year-old mother of a 2-year-old daughter left her own mother’s house in Theodore where she was staying around 7 p.m. on May 30 and hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

According to family members, it wasn’t unusual for the thin brunette with a pierced lip to occasionally be gone for as many as three days at a time, so it wasn’t until the first week of June when they realized that something might be terribly amiss.

They say she had told her parents — her mother and father are both remarried — she was headed out to visit with a friend. But Brittney’s other friends say she was with her uncle, Donnie Holland, at a house where he was staying on Water World Road near Styx River in south Baldwin County.

Brittney’s stepmother, Stephanie Hanke, said it wouldn’t have been out of the ordinary for Brittney to spend time with Holland, and that he’d picked her up from their home several times.

Chessie Wood, Brittney’s mother, said she’d known Holland, her brother in law, for more than 30 years, since she was 6 years old.

But investigators were never able to question Holland about the missing Brittney. On June 1, he drove his black SUV to a secluded clearing overlooking Fish River in the Marlow community of south Baldwin and shot himself in the head.

The first medical responder to the scene that afternoon was Fish River/Marlow Fire Chief Gib Hixon. He said Holland was alive but struggling to breathe in the bloody SUV.

Her family says it didn’t dawn on them that she was missing until they tried to call her after hearing that Holland had shot himself hours earlier.

"Friday we started trying to contact her to tell her what had happened, and when she didn’t respond we knew right then something was wrong," said Chessie Wood, whose sister Wendy was Holland’s wife. "So Saturday I reported her missing."

Since mid-June, four of the men in Brittney’s family, and another man who was a family friend, have been accused of sex crimes for which investigators offer scant details, except for three: That the crimes span years, that the investigation is months old, and that the cases involve juveniles, ages 12 to 16.

In fact, the older Holland might have also been on the verge of arrest at the time he shot himself. He, too, was a suspect in the ongoing sex-crimes investigation, according to a Baldwin sheriff’s spokesman.

Law-enforcement agencies on both sides of the bay officially maintain that the Brittney Wood missing person case and the child sex-abuse investigation are not linked, although they involve members of the same family.

But Brittney’s mother Chessie Wood and stepmother Stephanie Hanke aren’t shy about making the connection, as least as it pertains to Donnie Holland. They believe that he was with Brittney less than 48 hours before he shot himself, based on phone records.

Mobile police won’t comment about details of their investigation into Brittney’s disappearance, or if Holland might have had a role. And Baldwin sheriff’s spokesman Maj. Anthony Lowery said Friday, "We’ve said all we’re going to say about Donnie Holland."

But Chessie Wood has plenty to say.

"We don’t know if he took his life because he didn’t want to go to jail, or did he kill himself because he did something to my daughter, or both?" she said.

The family is offering a $1,500 reward for information. While everyone waits, Brittney’s daughter, 2-year-old Payton, wonders when her mother is coming home.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood-missing-two-months

Brittney Wood: Missing two months
Still no sign of missing teenager

Updated: Monday, 30 Jul 2012, 6:53 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 30 Jul 2012, 1:50 PM CDT

Letisha Bush
MOBILE, Ala.(WALA) - It's been two months since 19-year-old Brittney Wood was reported missing after she left to visit an uncle in the Styx River area.

Brittney’s mother, Chessie Wood, told FOX10 News Monday about a new effort to publicize the case. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children now has the teen listed on its website.

Although the exposure may be helpful, Chessie Wood said she is losing some hope.

"I don't think my baby's alive; I just don't. I wish I could, but I don't,” said Wood. 

Chessie Wood said Brittney left her home in Tillman's Corner on May 30 but she was expected home later that evening.

"It's just hard. She's been gone for two months, and we don't know nothing today that we didn't know the first day she left," said Chessie Wood.

Since Wood's disappearance, the uncle she was going to visit committed suicide, several family members have been arrested as part of a sex crimes investigation by the Baldwin County Sheriff's Department and no sign of the teenager has been reported.

Law enforcement said the arrests of her family members are not related to the teen.

The Mobile Police Department said they believe Brittney is alive and is just not coming forward.

"There have been a number of arrests with other family members. It is interesting; but we don't have anything right now that says that she's in any sort of trouble," said Levy.

Brittney’s mother disagrees.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »

I just don't get LE's attitude.  You have multiple sex offenders, a dead one,  and a missing girl...common sense tells you its somehow connected.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »

I just don't get LE's attitude.  You have multiple sex offenders, a dead one,  and a missing girl...common sense tells you its somehow connected.

I agree.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »

did i miss this post, wonder if LE thinks Brittney, isnt coming
forward bc the uncle used her gun,..JMO

Gun used in uncle's suicide belonged to missing teen Brittney Wood
PUBLISHED: 17:13 EST, 22 July 2012 | UPDATED: 17:18 EST, 22 July 2012
Police have now confirmed that the gun Donald Holland used to kill himself on June 1 belonged to his niece, the missing Alabama teen Brittney Wood who was last seen with her uncle.
Holland shot himself just half an hour before he was scheduled to meet with investigators about the teen's disappearance.

Officials said he used Ms Wood's Raven .25-caliber handgun revolver.

'It just really does not look good that she went missing May 30 and two days later he commits suicide,' Ms Wood's mother, Chessie Wood said to Fox.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177437/Gun-used-uncles-suicide-belonged-missing-teen-Brittney-Wood.html

The Mobile Police Department said they believe Brittney is alive and is just not coming forward
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood-missing-two-months

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.