March 29, 2024, 09:12:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Wood 19 yo, Tillmans Corner AL, last seen 05/31/2012  (Read 332134 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/baldwin_county_deputies_search.html

Baldwin County deputies searching for Derek Wood
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 3:27 PM     Updated: Friday, October 12, 2012, 3:28 PM
  By Thyrie Bland | tbland@al.com

The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a man who eluded deputies after a chase today.

Derek Wood

Derek Wood, 22, of Mobile, was arrested in July on rape and sodomy charges. He was later released from the Baldwin County Corrections Center on a bail of $10,000.

The Sheriff's Office said Wood's bond has been revoked.

Wood is the brother of Brittney Wood, who has been missing since May.

Wood, who was ordered to wear an ankle monitor after his release from jail, was supposed to check in with deputies today, but he did not, the Sheriff's Office said.

Wood's monitor indicated that he was at his home on Lenardo Drive.

When deputies arrived at the house, Wood was in a car with a woman. The driver drove off, and there was a short pursuit that ended when the car wrecked, the Sheriff's Office said.

The Sheriff's Office said that Wood left the accident scene, and deputies have been unable to find him.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/oct/12/police-find-meth-lab-while-searching-suspect-ar-4741694/

Police Find Meth Lab While Searching For Suspect

Dozier Lane meth lab (Added: October 12, 2012)

MOBILE, Alabama --

While officers were searching for a suspect, they discovered a meth lab today in the Tillmans Corner area.  Police were looking for Derek Wood.  ::snipping2::

Wood was due to report in to deputies this morning in Bay Minette and failed to appear. Wood’s Court ordered ankle monitor and GPS tracking device showed Wood to be located at his home on Dozier Lane.

Once at the residence, officers asked if they could look for him inside. That's when they found the meth lab.  Victoria Phillips and another female suspect were arrested at the scene and charged with manufacturing and trafficking drugs.  Wood is still on the loose.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/bcso-derek-wood-cuts-off-monitor-wanted

BCSO: Derek Wood cut off monitor, wanted
Updated: Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 3:06 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 3:06 PM CDT

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office and the Mobile Police Department are currently searching for 22-year-old Derek Wood .  Wood has been out on bond since his earlier arrest on second degree sodomy charges.

Authorities said Wood was due to report in to deputies this morning in Bay Minette and failed to appear.  They said Wood’s Court ordered ankle monitor and GPS tracking device showed Wood to be located at his home.

Officials said deputies traveled to Wood’s address and found him in a car with a female driver.  They said as deputies attempted stop the car, a short pursuit resulted in the suspects’ car wrecking and Wood fleeing on foot.

Deputies later located Wood’s assigned ankle monitor cut off in the weeds.

The Baldwin County District Court has ordered Wood’s bond immediately revoked.

If anyone has information on where Wood is hiding, they are asked to contact the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office or the Mobile Police Department.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

Without any specific addresses, Lenardo Lane and Dozier Lane look to be about 3 miles apart on the map.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Dozier+Lane,+Tillmans+Corner,+AL&daddr=Lenardo+Dr,+Mobile,+AL+36619&hl=en&sll=30.585293,-88.207611&sspn=0.010732,0.013797&geocode=FY7l0gEd2qK--inJfZLjrLSbiDF4_z3Utff1Ug%3BFc2x0gEdBQ---ilvkp8PYLSbiDGTOXgBirMeiA&oq=Dozier+Lane&t=h&mra=ls&z=14

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2012, 11:15:14 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/search-for-derek-wood-leads-to-meth-lab

Search for Derek Wood leads to meth lab

Updated: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 3:04 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 8:53 PM CDT

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Friday, October 12, authorities confirmed they found a meth lab while in the Tillmans Corner area while police were on the hunt for Derek Wood. Wood has been out on bond since his earlier arrest on second degree sodomy charges.

Officials said Wood was expected in Bay Minette Friday to report in to deputies and failed to appear. According to authorities, Wood was located at his Dozier Lane home using the court ordered GPS tracking device on his ankle.

Investigators said while at the residence, officers asked if they could look inside for Wood. They said that’s when they found the meth lab.

Victoria Phillips and Kayln Majors were arrested at the scene and charged with manufacturing and trafficking methamphetamine. Officials said Wood is still on the loose.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »

What aa crazy life!  Good grieg!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mother-pleas-for-son-to-turn-himself-in

(Video at the link)

Derek Wood's mother pleas for him turn himself in
Updated: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 8:22 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 5:41 PM CDT

Andrew Perez

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Monday, the mother of 22-year-old Derek Wood spoke to FOX10 News after her son ran from authorities Friday morning.

Deputies continue to “actively search” for the wanted suspect.

Chessie Wood made a plea to our cameras Monday night, asking her son to call her and turn himself over to authorities.

“I want him to call me and let me come get him and turn him in. That's what I want,” said Wood. “I'm scared. I'm worried about him.”

“I've lost some sisters, half of my family has been chopped off,” said Chessie Wood. “I've lost my son in this. I believe with all my heart I lost my daughter because of this. But yet I still have two babies I still have to raise and be a happy mommy.”

Their mother said she knows her son has made some bad choices, but believes he needs help.

“Derek has a lot on his shoulders. What he did is not going to fix those problems but I know that he's very damaged and he needs help, bad,” she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mother-pleas-for-son-to-turn-himself-in

(Video at the link)

Andrew Perez

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Monday, the mother of 22-year-old Derek Wood spoke to FOX10 News after her son ran from authorities Friday morning.

Chessie Wood made a plea to our cameras Monday night, asking her son to call her and turn himself over to authorities.

“I want him to call me and let me come get him and turn him in. That's what I want,” said Wood. “I'm scared. I'm worried about him.”

“I've lost some sisters, half of my family has been chopped off,” said Chessie Wood. “I've lost my son in this. I believe with all my heart I lost my daughter because of this. But yet I still have two babies I still have to raise and be a happy mommy.”

Their mother said she knows her son has made some bad choices, but believes he needs help.

“Derek has a lot on his shoulders. What he did is not going to fix those problems but I know that he's very damaged and he needs help, bad,” she said.
heart wrenching!

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2012, 07:51:55 PM »

(Video at the link)

Andrew Perez

I just don't know how to respond to this family, this woman or this plea for her son.  It is such an entangled mess of lies, incest and sex with minors ..add meth labs to this scene and the mind boggles at the mental state of those involved..and gasps and cries for their victims..evidently family children..how is their any justice in any of this..I just can't begin to imagine a daughter missing who was last seen with a uncle that was being investigated for child sexual abuse, then turns up date apparently of suicide using the missing daughter's gun, a son thrown into that mix on charges of the same and then him running from the police..and obviously the truth.  Just too sorrid to believe that people in this family have let this go on to the point it got to this extent..wasn't there a decent person among them to say enough and take the children and leave..make a plan..tell the police..come on now folks..the women who stood by all this time are as responsible as the rest.  There is no way you could live in this snakes nest and not know where you were living and who you were living with..Brittany obviously knew..and it cost her her life.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »

Mom: Derek Wood wanted to see little brother
Updated: Thursday, 18 Oct 2012, 5:10 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 18 Oct 2012, 9:53 AM CDT

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff's Department's search has ended for Derek Wood, the brother of missing teenager Brittney Wood.

A mob of law enforcement agents searched for Wood near his mother's home in Tillman's Corner under cover of darkness on Wednesday night.

The 21-year-old fugitive from justice was picked up Thursday morning and taken into custody. He was booked into the Baldwin County Correctional facility with no bond.

Wood has been on the run for nearly a week, after he failed to check in with his corrections officer in Baldwin County. When deputies went to check on him, he fled and cut off his GPS ankle monitor in the process.

The search ended Thursday morning, when he turned himself in. His brother, T.J. Wood, was there when he was taken into custody.

"My brother proved today that he is a real man, he walked out with his head held high," said T.J. Wood.

Chessie Wood said her oldest son, Derek, called her and said he was turning himself in to authorities but first he wanted to see T.J., who was just released from jail himself.

"I took him to his grandmother's house and as soon as he saw T.J. he picked up the phone and called police," said Wood.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/derek-wood-surrenders-to-authorities
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

Derek Wood In Custody, Turns Himself In
Published: 10/18 10:26 am

(BAY MINETTE, Ala.) - Derek Wood is now behind bars after turning himself in to authorities.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Derek-Wood-In-Custody-Turns-Himself-In/tN-Ufjn3x02gzEH_rSbFAQ.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »

Authorities Will Question Derek Wood Again About His Sister's Disappearance
Published: October 18, 2012 Updated: October 18, 2012 - 6:07 PM

BAY MINETTE, Alabama --
The director of a Pensacola-based search and rescue organization believes Derek Wood could have information about his missing sister.

Brad Dennis- who operates Klass Kids Foundation- says it's possible Derek Wood, and five other suspects charged in a sex crimes investigation, are witholding information about Brittney Wood's disappearance.

"We believe they know something, we'd love for that information to come forward," says Dennis.

So do authorities on both sides of Mobile Bay.

"We're talking family here, blood is thicker than water, so it's difficult to get information," says Investigator Eric Winberg with the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/oct/18/authorities-will-question-derek-wood-again-about-h-ar-4785597/
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2012, 12:22:19 AM »

This just boggles the mind with so many family members involved in incest, rape, sodomy with underage children.

So her brother turns himself in..but where does that leave anyone else...the victims of this crime.  And did he turn himself in because he knows he is safer in jail then with the uncles that are now out on bail..do I have that right..the uncles that were arrested have made bail.

And wanting to see his brother..okay..why...what about Mom and his missing sister...I just can't wrap my head around the minds of this family...and can't see where there is any rehab that will work for the perps of these crimes..they are family..they believe what they have done is okay as much as any other crime family believes what they do is okay...no they aren't the Mafia..they are a crime family with a different bent..they prey on children for sexual gratitude.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2012, 02:11:46 AM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html

Testimony: Mobile man raped daughter while her father watched
on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, updated October 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM

MOBILE, Alabama – The uncle of missing Mobile teenager Brittney Wood forced a different relative to have sex four years ago while the victim’s father watched, a police detective testified today.

Sgt. Scott Congleton of the Mobile Police Department, testified at a preliminary hearing in Mobile County District Court that the sexual abuse occurred in 2008 when the girl was 13 years old. Congelton testified that the victim, now 17, did not come forward until the death of her father this summer and a subsequent high-profile search for Wood.

“She was very credible,” Congleton testified.

Mobile County District Judge George Hardesty determined that prosecutors had enough evidence to send first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy charges against Dustin Alton Kent to a grand jury. He allowed Kent 36, to remain free on bail but ordered that he have no contact with the victim or children younger than 16 except for immediate relatives.
Congleton recounted the victim’s harrowing account of the 2008 incident. She told investigators that it occurred in September or October of that year, the detective said.

He testified that the girl’s father, Donnie Holland, picked up his daughter and told her they would go to a pet store to buy a hamster. Instead, Congleton said, Holland drove to Kent’s workplace. The three of them then went to Shipyard Road near Rangeline Road off Interstate 10.

They went to an industrial park that never was developed and, Congleton testified, Holland turned onto a dark trail at dusk. During the ride, he testified, the girl had a headache, and Kent was rubbing her head. He started to kiss the girl, but she pulled away, the detective testified.

After the Chevrolet Tahoe came to a stop, Kent took the girl’s clothes off, performed oral sex on her and then raped her, Congleton testified. He said that Holland watched the entire time.

“She kept telling him to stop. He did not,” he testified

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html

Testimony: Mobile man raped daughter while her father watched
on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, updated October 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM

MOBILE, Alabama – The uncle of missing Mobile teenager Brittney Wood forced a different relative to have sex four years ago while the victim’s father watched, a police detective testified today.

Sgt. Scott Congleton of the Mobile Police Department, testified at a preliminary hearing in Mobile County District Court that the sexual abuse occurred in 2008 when the girl was 13 years old. Congelton testified that the victim, now 17, did not come forward until the death of her father this summer and a subsequent high-profile search for Wood.

“She was very credible,” Congleton testified.

Mobile County District Judge George Hardesty determined that prosecutors had enough evidence to send first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy charges against Dustin Alton Kent to a grand jury. He allowed Kent 36, to remain free on bail but ordered that he have no contact with the victim or children younger than 16 except for immediate relatives.
Congleton recounted the victim’s harrowing account of the 2008 incident. She told investigators that it occurred in September or October of that year, the detective said.

He testified that the girl’s father, Donnie Holland, picked up his daughter and told her they would go to a pet store to buy a hamster. Instead, Congleton said, Holland drove to Kent’s workplace. The three of them then went to Shipyard Road near Rangeline Road off Interstate 10.

They went to an industrial park that never was developed and, Congleton testified, Holland turned onto a dark trail at dusk. During the ride, he testified, the girl had a headache, and Kent was rubbing her head. He started to kiss the girl, but she pulled away, the detective testified.

After the Chevrolet Tahoe came to a stop, Kent took the girl’s clothes off, performed oral sex on her and then raped her, Congleton testified. He said that Holland watched the entire time.

“She kept telling him to stop. He did not,” he testified

And he is walking the streets right now.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »

Uncle of missing teen Brittney Wood 'raped different relative, 13, while her father watched' - as FIVE family members are now charged with sex crimes
 Brittney Wood, 19, vanished in May as she went to visit an uncle
 He shot himself dead two days later - just before he was to be quizzed by police in a sex-abuse investigation
 Brittney's brother, cousin, aunt and 2 uncles arrested on different charges
 Three of the men are accused of raping 12-year-old girl
19:33 GMT, 23 October 2012| UPDATED:20:35 GMT, 23 October 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222021/Dustin-Kent-Brittney-Woods-uncle-raped-family-member-father-watched--FIVE-family-members-charged-sex-crimes.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »

Man accused of raping niece while father watched
Published: 10/24 11:20 am Share Updated: 10/24 11:25 am

Missing teen Brittney Wood's uncle allegedly raped a different family member, 13, while the victim's father watched.

Sgt. Scott Congleton of Mobile, Ala., testified in Mobile County District Court that Dustin Alton Kent raped his niece, now 17, when she was only 13 years old in 2008

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Man-accused-of-raping-niece-while-father-watched/RcsVDsaAY0OMc4Ts3QDMRA.cspx
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

SICK....its the only word that comes to mind.  Nothing seems strong enough to describe it.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »

SICK....its the only word that comes to mind.  Nothing seems strong enough to describe it.

ITA!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/bsco-dustin-kent-arrested-for-violating-probation

Sex crimes investigation suspect re-arrested
Family: Kent repeated set off ankle monitor

Dustin Kent

Updated: Friday, 26 Oct 2012, 10:45 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 25 Oct 2012, 6:39 PM CDT

Andrew Perez
MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - Authorities at the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office said Dustin Kent was arrested on a probation violation on Thursday.

The story is still developing, but authorities said he was arrested just hours ago by the community corrections center.

Relatives said this arrest had to do with Kent setting off his electronic monitoring device numerous times.

Kent was out on bond for rape and sodomy charges tied to what Baldwin County investigators have called an elaborate, incestuous sex ring involving underage victims in both Mobile and Baldwin counties.

He appeared in front of a judge on Oct. 22. During that hearing, prosecutors said investigators testified in court that Kent raped a minor while his brother-in-law Donald Holland, Sr. watched.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.