March 28, 2024, 08:00:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Wood 19 yo, Tillmans Corner AL, last seen 05/31/2012  (Read 332066 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/23/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Toxic Secrets Emerge in Missing Woman`s Family; High Schoolers` Fantasy Sex League?; Honey Boo-Boo`s Candid Interview

Aired October 23, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, a sickening development in the search for missing Brittney Wood. One of her uncles is facing charges of raining a 13-year-old relative. It would appear that this beautiful young woman was surrounded by some very toxic family secrets that are just unbelievable. We`re going to bring them to you. Did it have anything to do with her disappearance? We`re investigating that and talking to a relative next.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL (voice-over): Incomprehensible developments in the case of Brittney Wood, the beautiful Alabama teen who mysteriously disappeared six months ago. Her uncle killed himself two days after Brittney vanished while on a visit to him.

Now, in a separate case, police accuse Brittney`s other uncle of raping a 13-year-old relative as the girl`s father watched. And Brittney`s brother and a cousin have also been arrested and accused of raping a 12- year-old girl. We are uncovering the terrible toxic secrets in this family. And we are taking your calls.

::snipping2::

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I want you, baby. We love you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thursday Brittney Wood told family members that she was headed to this house near Styx River to see her Uncle Donny. Donny Wood returned home to Fair Hope on Friday and shot himself. Brittney hasn`t been heard from since.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Her uncle has committed suicide. And supposedly he was the last one she was with. And so we`re worried about that.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m hoping to God and I really don`t think he`d hurt my baby.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And we haven`t talked to her in over a week. And we need some help finding her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You know your children`s routine. She has not done nothing routine. She always calls me. She ain`t called me.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, truly shocking family secrets revealed. Beautiful young mother Brittney Wood vanished back in May, and she`s been missing. She was last seen visiting her uncle`s house. But what would happen next would stun everyone. Just as Brittney is reported missing, that uncle, Donny Holland, committed suicide with Brittney`s own gun.

Now another uncle, Dustin Kent, is facing charges that he allegedly raped and sodomized a 13-year-old relative. What on earth, what the hell is going on here?

Good evening. Jane Velez-Mitchell coming to you live.

Brittney Wood disappeared from Mobile, Alabama, leaving her 2-year-old daughter behind. She has not been seen since. Look at this beautiful young woman.

Her last cell phone transmission happened less than a mile from this rural Alabama area where her uncle reportedly had a home near the Styx River. She reportedly told her friend she was visiting her Uncle Donny there. When she didn`t return, her frantic mother called the cops.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Brittney, come home. We love you. Please come home to your family.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Since Brittney disappeared, several members of her family have been caught up in lewd, really lewd, sex crime charges, including her own brother.

Derek Wood, 22, arrested just last week by a fugitive task force. Back in July he was charged with rape and sodomy charges.

As the search continues for Brittney, you`ve got to wonder what happened to this family that cops call sadistic. How did so many of them get caught up in alleged sex crimes? And does it have anything to do with Brittney`s disappearance?

I want to hear from you. Call me: 1-877-586-7297, 1-877-JVM-SAYS.

Straight out to our very special guest tonight, Brittney`s stepmother, Stephanie Hanke.

Stephanie, thank you for joining us. I know this is difficult for you. What do you make of the arrest?

STEPHANIE HANKE, STEPMOTHER OF BRITTNEY (via phone): Thank you for having me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. What do you make of the arrest of Brittney`s Uncle Dustin?

HANKE: The whole thing has us all by shock. That is all on her mother`s side. So I don`t really know that family that well.

As far as she has two uncles that are arrested. Her own mother`s brother`s one of them. And you`ve got Dustin, which is married to Brittney`s aunt, which is the twin of Donny`s wife, who Donny`s wife is also charged in this with child endangerment for having knowledge of these crimes and not reporting them.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m going to do a list of the family tree. And then I want to get your reaction, Stephanie, to did you notice anything? Because I mean, I`ve been a reporter for many years, and I`ve never seen anything quite like this. We`ll break it down and then get your insight.

I know this is not your side of the family. So we are making that very clear. But OK, let`s take a look. There`s Brittney who vanished five months ago. The uncle Brittney went to visit on May 30, Donald Holland Senior, shot himself to death two days after Brittney went missing. He was reportedly under investigation for molestation. His wife, Wendy, has been arrested on child endangerment charges.

Now that dead uncle`s son, who is Brittney`s cousin, Donald Holland Junior, has been arrested for allegedly raping a 12-year-old girl.

More than a year before Brittney vanished, Brittney`s 22-year-old brother, Derek Wood, has also been charged for allegedly having sex with the same 12-year-old girl. And another of Brittney`s uncles, Randall Wood, the brother of the missing teen`s mom, was arrested on charges of incest, sodomy and sexual abuse.

And then there`s 36-year-old Dustin Kent, another uncle, who has been accused of raping a 13-year-old relative while that girl`s father watched.

OK, and cops say that assault occurred four years ago, long before Brittney vanished. So again, six of Brittney`s relatives, five men, one of whom killed himself, and a woman. I mean, what on earth? I`ve got to go back to the missing woman`s step mom. Stephanie, did you sense anything sick and toxic within that side of the family?

HANKE: No. I only had a couple of occasions as far as with around Dustin. I`m not going to lie, he did give me -- he did put off a weird vibe. Like I said, I only had one occasion with him. Now, he is facing seven charges. He`s facing charges for child molestation and also in Mobile all tied into the sex ring. He`s facing the most charges so far.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I mean, I am blown away by this. Can I ask you to stand by for one second, Stephanie? I want to bring in Vinny Parco, a famed private investigator out of New York City. You know him from a show he`s on.

Vinny, I honestly -- have never seen this. Is your understanding from all your years of investigating that -- sexual molestation, alleged, can run in families?

VINNY PARCO, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Yes. You have to take the fabric of the family. Look at the charges against all the people in the family. They`re all molestation of young women.

I`m sorry to say this, but I`m sure Brittney was molested for many years also. I know she`s 19 years old, and her uncle killed himself. I`m sure that he had something to do with it, had some remorse and killed himself.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I got to tell you, if you take a look at this story, just take a look at one of the cases, this recent one that just came out that we`re just learning about now, charged with first degree sodomy, second degree rape and incest. Reports are the victim is a 13-year-old relative. She`s now 17. came forward this year because Brittney`s missing, we`re in crisis, I`ve got to tell the truth. I`ve got to talk.

Now, published reports say detectives testify that the alleged rape took place in front of the girl`s father. Jon Lieberman, I have no words.

JON LIEBERMAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT: I was at "America`s Most Wanted" for seven years. We helped hundreds of victims get justice. I have never ever in my life seen anything like this family.

Now, Jane, the only positive that we could pull out here is this. Police have a lot of ammunition to press the heat on all of these members of the family, hoping to get some answers as to where Brittney is, what happened to Brittney. There`s that very remote chance in our hearts, we want to keep hope open. There`s that remote chance she ran away. It`s unlikely. But somebody in this family knows where Brittney is, what happened to her, and the cops are going to use these charges to press them.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s go to out the phone lines. Debbie, I missed what state you`re from. Debbie, Pennsylvania. Your question or thought, Debbie.

CALLER: Hi, Jane. We love you. We listen to you every night. I have two questions.

First, who is the father of the 2-year-old? And, second, are there any plans to remove that child from that family, since there is a history of pedophilia?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Stephanie Hanke, again, you are the stepmother of Brittney Wood, the missing woman. This does involve your side of the family. But we`re seeing Brittney with a 2-year-old toddler. Who is the father?

HANKE: The father is Andrew Hamilton. He has custody of Peyton. Peyton is not in the Wood family. I get Peyton every weekend. Sandy and his grandmother, they are the caregivers of Peyton. She is not having anything to do -- we have kept her away from that entire side of the family. Andy has custody.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, that`s excellent news. That is wonderful news. Now we have to find out what happened to her mom, the beautiful -- and I mean beautiful, look at her -- Brittney. Where is she? An innocent in the web of what would appear to be, according to cops a family that is steeped in molestation and sexual crimes.

More on the other side.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: His name came up in our investigation and with our cooperation with Baldwin County. We were able to determine that we have a juvenile victim three years ago with his name surfacing in that investigation, it`s certainly brought interest into other people.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That officer is talking about this guy, Dustin Kent, who allegedly raped a 13-year-old relative as her father watched. And he`s the uncle of missing Brittney Wood. Is there a connection?

When Brittney vanished five months ago she was visiting another uncle, Uncle Donny, who was also under investigation for molestation. And he later -- two days after she disappeared shot himself in the head and killed himself. But apparently, many in the family didn`t consider him a threat. We talked to Brittney`s stepmother back in June. And here`s what she said. This is a different step mom. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE (via phone): I do not believe they had a relationship. He is married to my sister. My sons even went to their house a lot. We don`t know if she even made it to Donny`s. She was not actually seen with Donny. The reason we`re searching that area is because her phone was pinged there.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. And you just heard, actually, from the biological mother of Brittney Wood, saying she didn`t consider him a threat.

Now, I`ve got to go to Jayne Weintraub, criminal defense attorney. This is one of the sickest cases I`ve seen. I mean, how can you say that somebody, given everything now that we now know and the fact that he was being investigated for molestation is not considered a threat?

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I think that he is a threat. And I think that everybody in this family knew what was going on. And I think that it was an accepted behavior.

I think that. along with Jon, I hope that she did run away. I just can`t understand why she would leave a 2-year-old behind. But the bottom line here is this girl disappeared on May 30. They didn`t even call and report her missing until the end of the day June 2. So were they really so crying and screaming where is their child?

You know, family`s supposed to protect children. And a 17-year-old or 18-year-old girl is a kid. And they didn`t protect her. They exploited her. Shame on them. They don`t deserve to have children like these beautiful girls.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It`s a very disturbing case. Just the sheer number of relatives that are involved allegedly in these heinous sex crimes.

Let`s go to the phone lines. Phyllis, Illinois, your question or thought, Phyllis?

CALLER: Miss Jane, I can`t believe it. Oh, I am just so thrilled to meet you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Right back.

CALLER: I want to see you on "Dancing with the Stars."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, OK. I`m there.

CALLER: Yes, ma`am. I just had a question. You know, there appears to be an increase in missing women and girls. Is it just because the times we`re living in? Or is it unprecedented? Or is it just because we learn more because we have access to the media? This is weird.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It`s so funny that you should say that. And I got to bring this back to Vinny Parco, private investigator. We were talking about this today, because there was another missing girl in Arizona. And thank God she was found. And we all in the newsroom went, yay, she was found. Because we were like what`s going on here with all these missing women and girls?

VINNY PARCO, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Well, a lot of these girls are on Facebook, on social media. And they tell their friends where they`re going to be. These degenerates, these pedophiles, they watch Facebook. They look at these things, and they know where these kids are going to be.

So what they do, they have a blueprint to do their perversion. They know where these kids are going to be by looking at Facebook, watching the kids in a neighborhood, stalking them. And then when they have the opportunity, they snatch them.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: On the other side of the break we`re going to talk to an investigative journalist who has been tracking this case in the Alabama area for a long time. Stay right there.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is the last place her phone was pinged. They found the signal bouncing off one of these towers. And we haven`t talked to her in over a week. And we need some help finding her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You know your children`s routine. She has not done nothing routine. She always calls me. She ain`t called me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s Brittney`s devastated mother. Where is she?

This uncle just arrested, accused of raping a 13-year-old relative as her father watched. I want to go to Michael Dumont, investigative reporter who`s been on this case for a while.

So he`s accused of raping a 13-year-old relative while the father watched. The father`s not being identified to protect the identity of the accuser. But what happened to that father? Was he arrested? Is he another family member?

MICHAEL DUMONT, REPORTER: No. No. This is, I believe what they`re referring to in this case, is Donald Holland Sr., who committed suicide on June 2 and is suspected to be the last person that Brittney ever saw before she went missing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Does any of this have a connection in terms of all of these family members being accused of something involving rape, or sodomy, incest and/or? Does it connect to her disappearance? How do we draw that link?

DUMONT: Well, when I spoke to investigators both in Mobile County and Baldwin County, you know, Brittney was a resident of Mobile County when she disappeared. But a lot of this family activity, and the extended family you`re speaking of, they live in Baldwin County, which is across Mobile Bay.

Investigators on both sides have not -- on the record have not, you know, tied these cases together. I`ve tried to speak with family members and other people to see if she had ever expressed any sort of, you know, concerns or shared anything about any sort of abuse that she herself was a victim of. And never heard where that had been identified.

But speaking with the investigators extensively, you know, there`s an underlying current where everybody wants to put one and one to equal two.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely.

DUMONT: In the case like one of your guests spoke about, but we -- we just don`t know.

All we know is that the person -- and just to talk about -- to address about the family not -- actually, reporting her missing for a couple of days. When I spoke to Brittney`s mother, she told me that it was not, you know, really unusual for Brittney to be gone for a couple or three days at a time.

And Ms. Hanke who you spoke with, she told me during an interview that, you know, at times Donald Holland, the deceased, would pick Brittney up from her father and stepmother`s residence, although he would not come into the home.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you have a depth of knowledge on this case that is extraordinary. Michael, thank you so very much. We`re going to stay on top of this. We`re not going anywhere. We want to find out what happened to Brittney.

Jayne Weintraub, very quick, is this learned behavior within the family?

WEINTRAUB: I hope not, but I would listen to the experts, and unfortunately, I think it is. And I think it`s beyond sick. I agree with you. And that`s as a mom.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Absolutely. Thank you, fantastic panel.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/dustin-kent-appears-for-bond-hearing

Sex abuse suspect Dustin Kent released from jail
Updated: Monday, 29 Oct 2012, 4:51 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 29 Oct 2012, 10:56 AM CDT

Chasity Byrd
Photojournalist: Robert Brown

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - A hearing was held on Monday for sex abuse suspect Dustin Kent.

Kent, although still on electronic monitoring, did not have his bond revoked as prosecutors had hoped. The state wanted Dustin Kent to stay behind bars.

But Monday morning, the judge sided with the defense.

"They were claiming that he went across the street into a neighbors yard at 2 or 3 in the morning, it absolutely didn't happen," said defense attorney John Beck.

Kent was re-arrested last week after authorities said he violated a bond condition and set off his electronic monitoring device numerous times. Beck argued the device was faulty.

"The judge found insufficient evidence to support the allegation," Beck said.

Testimony from state prosecutors claimed that Kent had been already given a "new" device, and showed the judge a map of the area where Kent had allegedly gone. The judge went over Kent's bond agreement with him, he restated that he is only allowed at home, church, to see a doctor or to see his attorney.

Kent is free on bond on charges of rape and sodomy. His arrest was a part of the investigation into a sex ring that spanned multiple people and two counties.

Kent's case has been bound over to a grand jury.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html

Judge declines to revoke bail for Mobile man accused of raping niece

By Brendan Kirby | bkirby@al.com
on October 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM, updated October 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM

MOBILE, Alabama – A Mobile County judge this morning denied a request by prosecutors to revoke bail for a man accused of raping of his niece.

Authorities arrested Dustin Alton Kent last week after an electronic monitoring device he was wearing indicated that he left his home without permission on four consecutive days. His attorney claimed the defendant was the victim of a malfunctioning Global Positioning System device.

“He’s a threat to the community,” Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Kristy Dugan said in court. “He’s dangerous, which is why he was put on electronic monitoring in the first place.”

Kent is the uncle of missing teenager Brittney Wood, who disappearance earlier this year garnered widespread attention.

District Judge George Hardesty set Kent free and ordered him to follow the same conditions of bail, which includes having no contact with the alleged victim or other minors, except for immediate relatives. He first made sure that authorities had no allegations that Kent had violated the no-contact order.

“I don’t want to see you down here again on bond,” the judge said.

“Mr. Kent absolutely, categorically denies leaving his house,” Beck told the judge.

Beck said his client’s wife was prepared to testify that her husband has muscular dystrophy and does not get up in the middle of the night. A woman who lives in a trailer home where the GPS device indicated that Kent went also would testify that he never was there, the attorney said.

“I have yet to see a piece of technology that is perfect,” he said.

Beck said outside the courtroom that he believes his client has undergone greater scrutiny because of the nature of the charges and the media attention they have attracted.

Kent could face a life prison sentence if convicted of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy.   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »

Judge Allows Man to Keep Bail After Hearing
Updated: 10/29 5:46 pm

(MOBILE, Ala.) A man the Mobile County District Attorney says is dangerous will not have his bail revoked.

Dustin Kent was in court Monday morning.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/Judge-Allows-Man-to-Keep-Bail-After-Hearing/P7X-POsckE6SiBIiB-kAiw.cspx
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Group-Resumes-Search-for-Brittney-Wood/AWCn6DxlQkCjbDvQ4O-P_w.cspx

Group Resumes Search for Brittney Wood
Video

Search Continues for Brittney Wood

Print Story Published: 12:53 pm Share Updated: 6:41 pm
(TILLMAN'S CORNER, Ala.) -- It's been six months since Brittney Wood, 19, disappeared.

Monday a Florida Search Team resumed their search for the young mother, after receiving a tip from police.

The Klaas Kids Foundation from Pensacola searched three remote areas along Tillman's Corner -- Rangeline Road, Nevius Road and Dozier Lane -- hoping to find Wood.

Family members believe foul play was involved in Brittney's disappearance, and they do not believe she will be found alive.

"With the sex crimes and the family stuff going on, and all that entails, her uncle Donnie shooting himself with Brittney's gun, and just nothing of her's turning up, it's very unlikely in our minds," says Stephanie Hanke, Brittney's stepmother.

Crews will wrap up their search in Tillman's Corner Monday night.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:40 PM »

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Group-Resumes-Search-for-Brittney-Wood/AWCn6DxlQkCjbDvQ4O-P_w.cspx

Video

Search Continues for Brittney Wood

Print Story Published: 12:53 pm Share Updated: 6:41 pm
(TILLMAN'S CORNER, Ala.) -- It's been six months since Brittney Wood, 19, disappeared.

Monday a Florida Search Team resumed their search for the young mother, after receiving a tip from police.

The Klaas Kids Foundation from Pensacola searched three remote areas along Tillman's Corner -- Rangeline Road, Nevius Road and Dozier Lane -- hoping to find Wood.

Family members believe foul play was involved in Brittney's disappearance, and they do not believe she will be found alive.

"With the sex crimes and the family stuff going on, and all that entails, her uncle Donnie shooting himself with Brittney's gun, and just nothing of her's turning up, it's very unlikely in our minds," says Stephanie Hanke, Brittney's stepmother.

Crews will wrap up their search in Tillman's Corner Monday night.

There was no date on the article, but I copied this from the video on the same story.

Nov. 19, 2012. 06:01 PM EST [1:13]

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2012, 09:23:53 PM »

http://wkrg.com/ar/5002108/

Search Crews Continue to Look for Brittney Wood

Crews Search Tillman's Corner for Brittney Wood (Added: November 19, 2012)

By: Lauren Vargas
Published: November 19, 2012

MOBILE, Ala. --
A small but dedicated group from KlaasKIDS set out on their latest search for Brittney Wood on Monday morning. The team split into groups around Tillman's Corner using search dogs, looking for any clues about the young woman's disappearance.

"She went missing with jean shorts, she had a pink and teal backpack with her, so those are all items that we're looking for," said Brad Dennis with KlaasKIDS. "But we're also looking for anything that's just out of the normal."

The now 20-year-old mother has been missing for more than five months, but her stepmom Stephanie Hanke says she'll never stop looking for her daughter.

"We can't give up, got to keep looking for her. I would hope nobody would give up on me," said Hanke.

The support group KlaasKIDS has helped Brittney's family since she was first reported missing.

"Part of this is a process of elimination," said Dennis. "Eliminate as many key areas as we possibly can. If we find nothing, then that's still critical to the investigators because they can rule that out and start focusing in other places."

Much of their search on Monday focused on Dozier Lane in Tillman's Corner, where Brittney's brother, Derek, led authorities on a chase last month. He had failed to show up for his scheduled corrections meeting, and cut off his ankle monitor device.

Search crews and family hope they can find some closure to Brittney's case before the holidays.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/mobile_county/klaaskids-searching-for-brittney-wood

Baldwin County search continues for missing woman
Family still offering $1,500 reward

Updated: Monday, 19 Nov 2012, 4:34 PM CST
Published : Monday, 19 Nov 2012, 11:47 AM CST

April Douglas
MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The search for missing teenager Brittney Wood has turned its focus to the Rangeline Road area.

Monday, volunteers with Klaaskids combed a wooded area in Tillman's corner looking for any sign of the missing 20-year-old.

Stepmother Stephanie Hanke said she is losing hope that Brittney will be found alive. She also said the holidays will be tough, especially for Brittney's young daughter.

"Thanksgiving is in just a few days. Peyton is asking for her mom more and more. It is going to be hard, but we are going to have to make it, for Peyton," Hanke said.

Brad Dennis with Klaaskids said volunteers understand the task at hand.

"They understand we are looking for Brittney... but Brittney went missing wearing a tank top blue jeans shorts, and white flip flops. Those are also items we are looking for," said Dennis.

The 10 volunteers searched about 30 acres all with one mission: to find Brittney Wood. Hanke said the location is based on cell phone records of Brittney's late uncle, Donald Holland.

Mysteriously missing since May

Since then, several members of Wood's family have been arrested for sex crimes, including her own brother. Dennis said the search was planned for Monday based on information gathered from an investigation by Mobile Police.

The Rangeline Road area was spotlighted by MPD, according to Dennis. Hanke said it is the same area where Wood's brother, Derek, removed his ankle monitor while running from police in October.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

Thank you, Texasmom, for the many updates.   
It's good to know that they are still looking for Brittney.  I hope that she is found soon.  What a family...unreal. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »

Sick, sick family.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2012, 01:49:29 AM »

Sick, sick family.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2012, 01:59:55 AM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/11/search_teams_find_no_sign_of_m.html

Search teams find no sign of missing mother Brittney Wood
 By Theresa Seiger | tseiger@al.com
on November 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM, updated November 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

MOBILE, Alabama -- After searching about 30 acres of land in Tillmans Corner, search crews found no sign of missing mother Brittney Wood, 20, on Monday.

"At this point, it's all about the investigation until they uncover something that would lead to another search," said Brad Dennis, national search director for the Klaas Kids Foundation.

Near Rangeline Road, a team of searchers and dogs looked for signs of Wood, including the clothing she was last seen in.

"Right now, it's a process of elimination," Dennis said.

In June, Dennis headed a team of volunteers and law enforcement in Baldwin County's Styx River Basin, searching for Wood.

Wood was last seen on May 30 when she told friends she was going to visit her uncle, Donald Holland, at a home where he was staying near Styx River in south Baldwin County. She was 19 at the time.

Two days later Holland killed himself, according to Fairhope police.

Wood was reported missing on June 2, when family members couldn't get a hold of her while trying to tell her about her uncle's death.

The search was prompted by a tip from the Mobile Police Department. Although Dennis didn't know what exactly the tip was, the acres searched included the area where Brittney Wood's brother, Derek Wood, led authorities on a chase in October.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »

Video at link

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/nov/29/br-ar-5075693/

Brittney Wood's Aunt Accused of More Sex Crimes
Published: November 29, 2012 Updated: November 29, 2012 - 4:25 PM

BAY MINETTE, Alabama --
After being arrested in August, Wendy Holland showed up for court Thursday morning expecting to go to trial on misdemeanor child endangerment charges but a grand jury changed everything according to assistant district attorney Teresa Heinz.

"The grand jury met and has indicted her on the child endangerment charge as well as sodomy on a child less than 12, sex abuse on a child less than 12, as well as sexual torture."

Her trial never happened. Instead she was re-arrested on felony charges and led to jail in handcuffs. "Any time we have child victims things come out in piecemeal. That's been the case here."

The sex abuse investigation started at the first of the year and so far five relatives and a friend have all been arrested on numerous sex abuse charges involving children 12 and under.

Wendy holland now joins her stepson Donald Holland, Jr., her nephew, Derek Wood, Dustin Kent, Randy Wood and William Brownlee with charges ranging from incest and rape to sodomy and sexual abuse.

"It's going to be a long road, and unfortunately I believe it will be an even longer road ahead and for us and for our victim," says Heinz.

And then there's the Brittney Wood connection. The teenaged mom missing since May after Donnie Holland, Wendy's husband, killed himself. The investigation into her disappearance continues.

"I think bits and pieces are separate and bits and pieces are tied together," says Heinz.

Both investigations are not over yet and prosecutors say there could be even more twists and turns ahead.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »

What horrible, horrible people!!!     The things they subjected children to, is just atrocious!  And to think there's probably a lot more.     Poor, poor children. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »

What horrible, horrible people!!!     The things they subjected children to, is just atrocious!  And to think there's probably a lot more.     Poor, poor children. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »

ITA!   

I'm not surprised at all at the new charges, I'm only disappointed it took so long.

From my observations of Wendy, she's a monster folks...plain and simple!  Did you watch the video of her in court?  Who laughs and chews gum like they don't have a care in the world while they're in court for child endangerment charges?

I'm glad the grand jury came through for the victims...all of them.  That woman needs to stay behind bars so that others (that I feel certain exist) feel safe to come forward as well.  But it won't surprise me if she bonds out quickly.  I hope to goodness law enforcement is following the money as well with these people!

Every day these sickos spend with their own children is an injustice!  I don't really know what the current arrangements are for Wendy Wood's children, but I read a while ago that her daughter was removed from the home because of the investigation but the boys stayed in the home with Wendy.  WTH?  Dustin Kent has repeatedly bailed out on his charges and goes home to be with his wife (Wendy's loyal twin sister Mendy) and their son!  WTH?

It just infuriates me.   

I think Brittney knew a LOT and could/would have been a vital witness in the sex crimes investigation, and I believe that is why she "disappeared".  I hope she's alive, but sadly I doubt it very seriously.

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com//dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/wendy-holland-indicted-on-more-sex-charges

If Holland is able to make bond, she will not be allowed to have contact with the victim or any child under the age of 18.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=254724114656019&set=a.225514127577018.52878.225242460937518&type=1

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
Yesterday
Wendy Wood Holland mugshot from BCSO booking on 11/29/12

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2012, 11:04:26 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com//dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/wendy-holland-indicted-on-more-sex-charges

If Holland is able to make bond, she will not be allowed to have contact with the victim or any child under the age of 18.

::justice2NJ::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »

If the information at this link is correct, she's still in jail.

http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx#

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.