March 28, 2024, 04:56:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Wood 19 yo, Tillmans Corner AL, last seen 05/31/2012  (Read 331938 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=262690413859389&set=a.225514127577018.52878.225242460937518&type=1&relevant_count=1

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
William Bonny Brownlee is back in jail!!! Unsure if this means an indictment was returned by the Grand Jury or if he was arrested on new charges. We will update as soon as we know. It is looking more and more like it will be a very Merry Christmas. If we can get a few returned against Dustin Kent before the 25th that will definitely make it so!
Like ·  · Share · Wednesday
21 people like this.
2 shares

Stephanie Staley Hanke Yes he was indicted by the Grand Jury!!
Thursday at 7:37am · Like · 9

::snipping2::

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Alabama/Baldwin-County-AL/William-Bonny-Brownlee.32879146.html

William Bonny Brownlee
The following Official Record of William Bonny Brownlee is being redistributed by Mugshots.com and is protected by constitutional, publishing, and other legal rights. This Official Record was collected from a Law Enforcement agency on 12/19/2012. Address herein provided within Official Records, visualization provided by Google Maps.

Booking No: BCSO12JBN008229
Mugshots.com ID: 32879146
Booking Date: 12/19/2012 at 14:24
Charges: N/A
Address: 428 South Shelton Beach Road, Eight Mile, AL 36613, USA

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/authorities-await-remains-id

Mobile, Baldwin authorities closely watch Lillian remains
Updated: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 5:29 PM CST
Published : Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 2:36 PM CST

Chasity Byrd
LILLIAN, Ala. (WALA) - Cpl Chris Levy said the Mobile Police Department gets hundreds of reports of people who are missing. He said many are found, but not all families are that lucky.

Levy said when the human remains were found in Baldwin County earlier this week, two cases came to mind.

"We have that open case involving Brittney Wood. Obviously there are some circumstances that led to Baldwin County back over to Mobile, and we still haven't located her," Levy said.

Then there's the case of missing 14-year-old Brittany Robinson .

"She was reported missing when her father took her for a visit, and he never returned her. He has since been arrested and won't talk about her location," Levy said.

Officials in Baldwin County also have two outstanding missing person investigations. Eric Winberg with the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said one is from last year.

"The first was a Raymond "Scooter" Amison. He went missing in April of 2011," said Winberg.

Amison was last seen after he asked someone to drive him to a wooded area. Authorities at that time, said Amison could be suffering from mental impairment. Kay Sheehan is the second cold case. She vanished from her Robertsdale home in 2001.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2012, 03:29:05 AM »

i didnt realize how big baldwin county is

http://goo.gl/maps/s77oU

body and tillman
http://goo.gl/maps/w3c02

Thanks cw618!

I'm thinking the Lillian location would be even closer to where "Uncle Donnie's" place in the Styx River area was...

if you look to the left midway from  LILLIAN, there is a town named foley
was one of the arrested fam mems from there

LILLIAN, Alabama and area of last cell ping
34 mile
http://goo.gl/maps/GCjyY

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/dec/28/5/top-baldwin-county-stories-2012-ar-5258592/

Top Baldwin County Stories for 2012

By: DEBBIE WILLIAMS | WKRG
Published: December 28, 2012
Updated: December 28, 2012 - 5:54 PM

In May, a young mother goes missing. "We're searching for our daughter and we don't know what to do."

The search for Brittney Wood near Styx River turned up nothing. She remains missing today.

Meanwhile a sex scandal involving her family members has led to at least five arrests and prosecutors say there could be more.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/27/2012-top-videos-year-end

HLN On Air | See all 2247 items
The year in video: Top 5 stories of 2012
By Imaeyen Ibanga
updated 9:44 AM EST, Fri December 28, 2012
NEED TO KNOW
In Case You Missed Them: It's HLNtv.com's top 5 videos of the year
Here are the stories that resonated with you the most

Brittney Wood went missing on May 30. She told her family she was going to visit her uncle. No one has seen the 19-year-old since. When her uncle returned home on June 1, he killed himself. It's still unclear if she ever met up with her uncle and this story of intrigue remains unresolved.

(Video at the link)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=451047351628169&id=225242460937518

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood · 673 like this
Friday at 11:41pm ·
Lillian remains update: Rest in Peace Nancy Craycraft. Sad

FIND Nancy
On the 19th of December, human remains were found in Florida, close to two critical points in the case. Testing came back today. My mother has finally been found. Hopefully he can be prosecuted. Thank you everyone who shared this page. I will still have the donation fund set up at any first merit should anyone want to help with the final expenses. You need my name Ashley Marie Booth. Thank you for everyone's time. There may still be an update or two on this page, but the case has been solved.

Gina Brauner This link says remains found in Florida but Lillian is in Alabama, isn't it?
Saturday at 10:49am via mobile · Like

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood Yes, Lillian is in AL, it is just over the FL/AL border. I think that was just a typo from her daughter who lives out of state. I think Nancy lived in FL but traveled to an AL bar that was right near the border the night she went missing.
Saturday at 11:54am · Like

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=273314172797013&set=a.225514127577018.52878.225242460937518&type=1&relevant_count=1

World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
COURT UPDATE: Dustin Alton Kent, Wendy Wood Holland, Donald Paul Holland, Jr., Randall Scott Wood and Derek Thomas Wood will appear in Judge Reed's Baldwin County Courtroom on Wednesday, January 16th at 9:00 AM.

It is our understanding they are scheduled for their 2nd arraignment to hear formal charges and enter their pleas. We are awaiting additional information on the exact schedule and will update accordingly.
World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood Billy Brownlee is scheduled to appear on Jan 17th for a possible bail reduction hearing, we think... still confirming that. We think his 2nd arraignment is scheduled for the middle of February. We are just now hearing this information but wanted to share all that we know with everyone ASAP.
Yesterday at 1:25pm · Like · 3

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/notes/world-wide-search-for-the-truth-about-brittney-wood/please-read-share-brittney-nicole-wood-events-on-may-30-2012/280264315435332

PLEASE READ & SHARE - Brittney Nicole Wood Events on May 30, 2012

by World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 1:54pm ·

In an effort to reinvigorate the public's interest & support with the efforts to find Brittney we feel that it is in her best interest to repair some misconceptions and attempt to clear up some information concerning her disappearance.   The sex crimes investigations and the statements that her disappearance are unrelated have left a very negative impact on the public's perception and the need to find her.  It is unfortunate but not really surprising that the public believes she ran to get away from them, is somehow involved in the crimes and is avoiding prosecution or that she is just a runaway who took off without a single word to anyone. 

Brittney lived on her cell phone and on social media.  She has never been away from contact with at least a family member or close friend even when she was not at home with her family.  In other words, Brittney was never "off the grid".  She is far too social to be without a human connection of some kind for more than a couple of hours. She simply does not disappear into thin air without a trace.  People who are running away do not make dentist appointments.  They do not leave their family, their baby and the only friends who they have known their entire lives, from the only place they have ever lived, without any money, the gun they had for protection and without a single word to anyone.  Maybe an infinitesimally small number of people have but those people are unlike Brittney in so many ways.  It defies common sense and logic to assume otherwise.

Please take a moment to read the summary of events below and share with your friends and family.

Summary of Events

Brittney Nicole Wood did not run away.  Someone knows what happened to her and she deserves to be found.  Payton deserves to know where her mommy is and that she didn't abandon her. 

On May 30, 2012 Brittney made several calls and sent text messages to a few family members & friends throughout the day.  One of those calls was to schedule a dental/ortho appointment for early the following week.  She also made a few calls and exchanged several text messages with her uncle Donnie Holland. 

Donnie Holland picked up Brittney from Chessie, Mendy & Dustin's neighborhood around 7:30pm on Wednesday, May 30th.  Records show that Brittney & Donnie arrived together at the home where Donnie Holland was staying in Styx River around 8:20pm. 

Throughout the evening Brittney texts back & forth with a few friends until around 11:20pm.  After that time she does not answer any calls or texts she receives. Her cell phone dials her voicemail at 12:07am but disconnects after a few seconds.  This was the last time her phone pinged in the area of the Styx River home. 

There is no more activity or pings from her phone until 1:47am when a text message is sent from the Grand Bay exit off I-10.  This was also the last number she sent a text to about 40 minutes prior to the 12:07am VM call in Styx River.   Her phone never made another call, sent a text or pinged again. 

Donnie's phone left Styx River around the same time Brittney's phone accessed her voice mail at 12:07am, as noted above.  One hour later, his phone pinged in the Tillmans Corner area.  Donnie's phone never pinged in the Grand Bay area. 

Donnie sent Brittney a text early the next morning (May 31st), she does not reply.  That day and continuing over the next day and a half he sends her several text messages and calls her up until the morning he allegedly shoots himself with her gun on June 1st.  The shooting occurs around the same time he was expected to turn himself in to BCSO for the four month investigation into the same sex/molestation crimes as the others who have been indicted since her disappearance. 

Where is Brittney??????

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/notes/world-wide-search-for-the-truth-about-brittney-wood/brittneys-immediate-extended-family-members/276643549130742

Brittney's Immediate & Extended Family Members
by World Wide Search for the Truth About Brittney Wood
on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 1:06pm ·

Brittney's immediate relatives:

Wallace Hanke - father
Stephanie Hanke - stepmother

Chessie Wood - mother, sister of Sonya Wood, Scott Wood, Wendy Holland & Mendy Kent
Paul Houseknecht - "stepfather" (not technically married to Chessie)

*Derek Thomas Wood* - older brother, son of Wallace & Chessie
TJ Wood - younger brother, son of Wallace & Chessie

Payton - daughter, lives with her father & paternal great-grandmother, has liberal visitation with Wallace & Stephanie only, she is not one of the victims involved in the sex crimes and does not have any contact with the Wood family members.

Brittney's extended relatives:

Donald Paul Holland, Sr. - "Donnie", deceased maternal uncle by marriage to Wendy Holland, last person known to be with Brittney
*Wendy Wood Holland* - maternal aunt, twin sister of Mendy Kent, widow of Donald "Donnie" Holland, Sr.

Mendy Wood Kent - maternal aunt, twin sister of Wendy Holland, wife of Dustin Kent
*Dustin Alton Kent* - "Dusty", maternal uncle by marriage to Mendy Kent, brother-in- law of Donnie & Wendy Holland

*Donald Paul Holland, Jr.* -  "Paul", maternal step-cousin by marriage, son of Donnie Holland & stepson of Wendy Holland.

*Randall Scott Wood* - "Scott", maternal uncle

Sonya Wood - maternal aunt

Kim Aikin - paternal aunt, still maintains a close personal relationship with Chessie

Other:

*William Bonny Brownlee* - "Billy", close family friend of Donnie & Wendy Holland
Martha Hanson - "Marty", Billy's wife or longtime girlfriend, close family friend of Donnie & Wendy Holland

Will and Jennifer Moore - close family friends of Donnie & Wendy Holland, own the home at Styx River where Donnie was living and where Donnie & Brittney traveled to the evening he picked her up in Tillmans Corner.

*Individuals* who have been arrested and indicted on Sex Crime charges.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2013, 02:57:59 PM »

im confused, B. the Oasis Travel Center,was the last ping,reported in june
now its reported @ A,is the last ping.  NOTE :i used the  steak house,as a
refrence point because its at a mall at the Grand Bay exit makes it easier
to locate the exit

B.on the map
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13217.msg1528719#msg1528719
http://www.facebook.com/scott.wood.714?sk=wall
Every morning at 8:30 family and friends will gather at the Oasis Travel Center located on I-10
at the Wilcox Rd Exit 53. This is the last known location of her phone.

A.on the map
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13217.msg1552322#msg1552322
https://www.facebook.com/notes/world-wide-search-for-the-truth-about-brittney-wood/please-read-share-brittney-nicole-wood-events-on-may-30-2012/280264315435332
Summary of Events
There is no more activity or pings from her phone until 1:47am when a text message is sent from the Grand Bay exit off I-10.  This was also the last number she sent a text to about 40 minutes prior to the 12:07am VM call in Styx River.   Her phone never made another call, sent a text or pinged again. 
----------------------------------------
A.LongHorn Steakhouse U.S. 90 Daphne, AL 36526,near the Grand Bay exit
B.Oasis Travel Center, 27801 County Road 64 #53, Robertsdale,which is near
styx river house/camp
18.3 mile between A and B
http://goo.gl/maps/H7JXE

Tillmans Corner,Grand Bay exit,Oasis Travel Center
http://goo.gl/maps/JZemR

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

Man Discovers Human Skeletal Remains While Sifting Through Trash
Published: 3/04 11:11 pm
Updated: 8:00 am

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WPMI) The Mobile County Sheriff's Office is investigating after human remains were found in the Theodore area.

Deputies were called out to Dep Busby Road off Old Pascagoula Road Monday afternoon around 3 p.m.

"It was startling. It was mind boggling," said Robert Fisher, who made the disturbing discovery while searching for scrap metal in a field at the end of Dep Busby Road, an area commonly used for illegal dumping.

"There was some tin laying over there with some bags on top of it and when I pulled the bag up the skeleton rolled over sideways. When I saw the teeth that's what made me realize it was a skeleton and I kind of jumped off the pile," said Fisher.

Sheriff's deputies got the call from Fisher around 3 p.m.

They soon confirmed what he found was a human skull and several bones.

Investigators stayed on scene until the sun went down and will return Tuesday morning at 8 a.m.

"They will meticulously sift through the dirt and the surrounding areas to try and recover as many bones as possible and from there the remains will be taken to a state lab to attempt identification and cause of death," said Lt. Paul Burch, investigator with the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.

The next step is pouring over local missing person cases.

One of the first that comes to many people's minds is Brittany Wood. The young mother disappeared May 30th and last lived in a home only five miles from where the bones were discovered Monday.
http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Man-Discovers-Human-Skeletal-Remains-While/BOmMy-83AU-HjBJij6H3bA.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »

While it must have been a terrible experience for Mr. Fisher, perhaps the bones can be ID'd and family or friends will know where their loved one is.  I hope there is enough evidence to bring justice.  I believe Brittney Wood is no longer of this world and perhaps these are her remains.  Very sad.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:31:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »

Tillmans Corner, AL - TO - Dep Busby Rd, Theodore, AL 36582
7.9 mile
http://goo.gl/maps/yR4Dr

couldnt believe it Gman could walk there
close up Dep Busby Rd, the only thing i see
http://goo.gl/maps/4Z9zK
house back down road
http://goo.gl/maps/pez0s

--------------------------
Deputies finish search for bones in Theodore; remains sent to forensics lab (updated)
By Theresa Seiger | tseiger@al.com
on March 05, 2013 at 4:53 PM, updated March 05, 2013 at 6:26 PM

MOBILE, Alabama -- The Mobile County Sheriff's Office has completed a search in a Theodore field after a local found a human skull in the area Monday.

The bones will be sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for identification. The remains left no way of telling the deceased person's age, gender or any other identifying characteristics, according to Lt. Paul Burch of MCSO.

Burch said officials hope dental records can be used to identify the bones.
Officials found a few more bones today during the search, which was prompted by a local who found a human skull while searching for scrap metal and cans in the area on Monday.

The field on Dep Busby Road is commonly used for illegal dumping
The Klaas Kids Foundation, a national group which organizes searches for missing children, helped with the search. Brad Dennis, national search coordinator for the foundation, said he could not comment about what was found.
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/03/deputies_expect_bones_found_in.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »

Thanks for the maps cw618!   

Wow, this one's really close.

Wondering if this area was ever searched, and how long it will take to get an ID on the remains?

Sad...   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36:52 AM »

Good questions...I am keeping my eyes peeled on this...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2013, 10:00:39 AM »

Good questions...I am keeping my eyes peeled on this...

Thanks Nut44x4! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: March 11, 2013, 02:36:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=576594275684930&id=451298481547844

The Hometown search for Brittney Wood · 1,351 like this

about an hour ago ·

Over the past week I have tried to know what to write and I'm still not sure. We are waiting on the remains to be IDed not knowing how to feel, but wanting answers for Brittney's Baby Girl and for us. This one is tough over these past nine almost ten months there has been remains, skulls and bodies found in are area and we knew within 48 or less hours that it wasn't Brittney, this time it's been a week today and we know no more than we did on Tuesday of last week. Hanging on every word of the news reports listening for any detail to give any answer. But all we can do now is wait and Pray that this helps bring a family closure, if not mine then someone elses that is going through the same thing. Until we find Brittney we will continue to search and dig into everything we can she deserves that and I plan on giving that to her and Payton!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: March 11, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/uwf-professor-examines-skeletal-remains

UWF professor examines human remains
Updated: Wednesday, 06 Mar 2013, 10:12 AM CST
Published : Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 7:32 PM CST

Russell Colburn

PENSACOLA, Fla. (WALA) - Two recent cases of human remains discovered in Alabama will be analyzed across the state line at the University of West Florida.

Dr. Joanne Curtin, a UWF associate professor in the Department of Anthropology, is looking into the remains found in Baldwin County on February 16 and the bones discovered in Mobile County Monday, March 4 .

Once she's done, she'll send a report to the medical examiner.

“It’s a collaborative effort; it’s not one person," Dr. Curtin said.  “I do the first step, just essentially telling them that they’re probably looking at, for example, an adult Caucasian female between the ages of 35 to 45 who might’ve been about 5’2.”  That’ll give them a starting place to look.”

Curtin said she’s often asked to provide an opinion on cause of death or how much time has passed since.

“In terms of the biological profile, we do a lot of measurements.  The shape and the size of the skull, the shape and size of the pelvic girdle can give us a lot of information about sex, for example," Curtin said.  "That’s an important distinguishing characteristic.”

Curtin said identifying youngsters is easy since they’re bodies are still developing. Adults are much more difficult.

“We have to rely of degenerative changes, and those are highly idiosyncratic; they’re dependent on your lifestyle," Curtin said.  "We look at things like the degeneration of bones in the pelvic girdle, changes to the rib heads, for example- osteoarthritis- things of that nature that can help us narrow down the age of death for an adult.”

FOX10 News asked Curtin how long this process may take. She said it depends on the skeleton, how complete it is.

Curtin said for a full skeleton, it can take her several days to analyze the bones and produce a report.

But for fragmented remains like the ones found in Baldwin County, there’s only a limited amount of information that can be discovered.

Curtin knows that many anxiously await her discoveries, especially those with missing loved ones.

She said she has a responsibility to the public.

“We like to assist the community in any way we can, and this is part of the way we give back to our community," Curtin said.

Curtin will begin studying the two cases next week.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/remains-identified-suspect-arrested

Remains identified, suspect arrested

Updated: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 9:08 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 8:53 PM CDT

Paige Malone
Photojournalist: James McConatha

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The Mobile County Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in a nearly two year old case. Officials said human remains found off of Dep Busby Road earlier this month were identified early Thursday, March 14, as Michael Blue Watson.

Bryan Lewis Gibson has been charged with Watson's murder.

Watson was reported missing in April 2011. Deputies said Gibson has been a suspect for some time.

Once deputies identified the body, an arrest warrant was signed for Gibson.

Gibson was arrested Thursday evening.

During the course of the arrest, investigators said components of a meth lab along with Spice and drug paraphernalia were discovered in Gibson’s vehicle, and is facing felony drug charges.

Deputies also arrested Brandon Wayne Johnson on felony drug charges.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2013, 11:02:29 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/remains-identified-suspect-arrested

Remains identified, suspect arrested

Updated: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 9:08 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 8:53 PM CDT

Paige Malone

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The Mobile County Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in a nearly two year old case. Officials said human remains found off of Dep Busby Road earlier this month were identified early Thursday, March 14, as Michael Blue Watson.

Bryan Lewis Gibson has been charged with Watson's murder.

Watson was reported missing in April 2011. Deputies said Gibson has been a suspect for some time.

Once deputies identified the body, an arrest warrant was signed for Gibson.

Gibson was arrested Thursday evening.

During the course of the arrest, investigators said components of a meth lab along with Spice and drug paraphernalia were discovered in Gibson’s vehicle, and is facing felony drug charges.

Deputies also arrested Brandon Wayne Johnson on felony drug charges.

My condolences to the family and friends of Michael Blue Watson. After two years, they now know where he is.   I hope Brittney Wood's remains will be found soon and she can be laid to rest.  Perhaps there will be some forensic evidence to bring justice. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com//dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

Special Report: Missing Brittney - The Untold Stories
Updated: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 11:08 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 8:19 AM CDT

Andrew Perez

(WALA) - For nearly a year, the disappearance of Brittney Wood has remained unsolved - with few answers or explanations.

At only 19-years-old, the mother of one vanished from her home in Mobile on May 30, 2012. She was last seen driving off with her uncle, Donald Holland.

Local and national search crews spent months combing for clues.

The search continued as authorities arrested relative after relative in connection to an alleged child sex ring involving Brittney's family and friends.

Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing.

"We oftentimes look for that golden nugget. That one person that can make the difference in your case," said Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County. "In this particular case, Brittney Wood was that person. She was the person that could tell the whole story."

Its a story that technically began February 26, when investigators said Brittney's uncle, Randall Scott Wood, called authorities to report the family sex abuse.

Investigators, along with Brittney's mother, believe the missing teen was a victim herself. In fact, authorities believe Brittney was one of the only victims who knew that other children were being abused by numerous relatives.

The teenage mother went missing some three months after the sex crimes investigation began.

"I believe the sex crimes have everything to do with Brittney's disappearance. Everything," said Brittney's father, Wallace Hanke.

Detectives said Brittney's cell phone battery and handgun were found in Donald Holland's car after he was discovered with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

FOX10 is uncovering new details surrounding the disappearance of Brittney, including Facebook messages from Wood about the alleged sex abuse investigation. We're also tracking her last known whereabouts.

FOX10 News reporter Andrew Perez recently sat down with the Wood family, including  Brittney's father, who is speaking out for the first time.

Brittney's  brother, Derek, who was also arrested in the sex crimes investigation, is also opening up for the first time as well about the family sex abuse and his personal experiences.

We've also got never before seen video and tell-all interviews from family and investigators.

Missing Brittney: The Untold Story is set to air Monday, April 29 on FOX10 News at 9 p.m.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.