March 28, 2024, 02:33:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Wood 19 yo, Tillmans Corner AL, last seen 05/31/2012  (Read 331931 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #420 on: November 12, 2015, 06:38:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/225242460937518/photos/pb.225242460937518.-2207520000.1447373429./318116774983419/?type=3&theater

Justice for Brittney!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 07:48:59 AM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2016, 12:57:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/SarahWallFox10News/photos/a.486045168096167.116452.429796207054397/1295610467139629/

Sarah Wall FOX10 News
Yesterday ·

Chessie Wood trial starts Monday -> she is facing child sex abuse, child sex ring charges.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2016, 06:04:59 PM »

http://local15tv.com/news/local/chessie-wood-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-charge

Chessie Wood pleads guilty to misdemeanor charge
BY JASMINE WILLIAMS MONDAY, OCTOBER 24TH 2016

(Source: WPMI) Chessie Wood appeared in court Monday

MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WPMI) — The child sex ring case involving the family of missing teen mom Brittney Wood came to an end in court Monday. Chessie Wood, Brittney's mother, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

Chessie Wood, who always maintained her innocence, declined to comment, leaving the courtroom charged with a misdemeanor. The 41-year-old initially faced sodomy and child sex abuse charges.

Investigators say Chessie Wood and Brittney's uncle Donald Holland, who committed suicide last year, forced a young family member to perform sex acts.

Wood, along with nearly a dozen other family members have appeared in court a part of what investigators call one of the most elaborate family sex rings that they've seen in years.

Monday was the end. Wood, the final family member believed to have been involved, has been charged.

"This is one of the very last of a lot of cases. What was done today was a misdemeanor plea and that was done in full cooperation and conjunction and really at the request of the child victim and her family," said Nicki Patterson, Mobile County Assistant District Attorney.

What is still ongoing, the case into the disappearance of Brittney Wood. She was last seen with Holland when she disappeared in 2012. A day later, Holland committed suicide.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »

http://local15tv.com/news/local/brittney-wood-possible-new-leads-in-missing-mothers-case

Brittney Wood: Possible new leads in missing mother’s case
by Jasmine Williams

BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. (WPMI) —
As search crews canvassed an area on Bryant Street in Bayou La Batre, Chessie Wood stood by watching and waiting.
Tuesday afternoon, a man stumbled upon human remains in that area. Authorities believe the bones are that of missing man Jotham Lyons. Lyons was last seen in December 2011. Wood heard about the gruesome discovery and came out to the scene. She was wondering if the remains were her daughter.
“Sometimes, I want it to be Brittney,” said Chessie Wood, “and on the other side, I don’t want it to be Brittney because that means she is gone”.
19-year-old Brittney Wood went missing in 2012 and was last seen with her uncle Donald Holland. Her disappearance shed light on her family’s elaborate child sex ring. After several court appearances and criminal charges, her mother never stopped searching for her daughter. Now, she’s pursuing new leads. Chessie Wood’s attorney told Local 15’s Jasmine Williams that a person who was incarcerated may have information on Brittney Wood’s whereabouts. They are planning to search areas near the Mobile area soon.
“We are getting together a search on a new lead,” Chessie Wood said, “I will never stop searching. Never even slowed down”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #424 on: April 18, 2019, 01:08:00 PM »

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/two-mothers-bond-in-new-search-for-missing-woman-brittney/article_43f56a18-d5a7-11e8-a568-e72e6bcd2c6c.html

Posted Oct 21, 2018
Two mothers bond in new search for missing woman, Brittney Wood

MOBILE, ALA. (WALA)-It's one of the most highly profiled missing person's case in our area. Brittney Wood disappeared without a trace 6 years ago. Soon after, nearly a dozen family members and close friends were arrested in a child sex abuse ring.

Through the years, Brittney's mother, Chessie Wood, never gave up the search to find her. Sunday, she, along with missing Mobile woman Danniella Vian's mother-in-law, lead a Mobile County search looking for any signs of Brittney.

With a plan, a prayer and shovels in their hands, Wood, Julie Thomas and a handful of others set out to search the wooded area across from Travis Road Baptist Church in Mobile County for any trace of Brittney Wood.

Wood said, "We have covered this whole road of Travis Road, except for this spot, because many years ago when we were here we got a lead that took us off of Travis Road and we have realized that so we came back to eliminate this area."

Like Wood, Thomas knows the pain of missing a loved one her daughter-in-law, Danniella Vian hasn't been seen for over 3 months now. That common denominator has brought the two together.

"She reached out and just basically let me know that she's been there. She knows what it's going to be about and she's there for me if I needed her and I have needed her," Thomas said.

Wood said, "When Danniella came up missing she was a young mother and I connected to her so I reached out to Julie and she kept saying that I was there for her but she's been there for me also."

A bond between the women that they wouldn't wish on anyone else, but it's that same bond that gets them through.

"She's been doing it for six years and she still doing it so that tells me that I need to have that as well regardless of what it takes. We just need to keep going until we find them," Wood said.

Sunday's 11-acre search turned up empty of any clues, Wood said she'll never stop searching.

She said, "It's been six years and her daughter is getting older by the day so we want answers for our grand babies. That was my answer six years ago and it'll never change. This is all for my grand baby."  video at link

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2019, 09:41:17 PM »

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/new-search-for-brittney-wood-years-after-disappearance/article_a836a0fe-ea24-11e9-b669-370a3753072b.html

New search for Brittney Wood 7 years after disappearance
Hal ScheurichUpdated 2 hrs ago | Posted on Oct 8, 2019 

A desperate mother is still searching for her missing daughter seven years after she disappeared. Brittney Wood disappeared in 2012 and hasn’t been seen since. The Mobile teen was last seen at her uncle’s house near Styx River. That’s where a search was conducted Tuesday morning, October 8, 2019.

Klaas KIDS team members were there with a search dog. The dog and its handler spent about 30 minutes looking around the property off Waterworld Road in the Styx River community. Brittney Wood’s mother, Chessie Wood was there, but didn’t take part in the search.

The focus of the search was around a concrete slab which Wood said was poured around the time the 19-year-old mother disappeared. Brittney was last seen before she went to visit her uncle, Donnie Holland who later committed suicide.

A film crew from London videoed the search as part of an ongoing documentary shoot about the missing persons case. A special piece of equipment was used to record images from underneath the concrete slab. Wood is hoping they will reveal new clues about what happened to Brittney.

Baldwin County Sheriff’s investigators previously conducted a search of this same property using cadaver dogs with no results. That was at the request of Mobile Police, who worked the missing persons case. In the months and years after Brittney’s disappearance, some of Wood’s family members were arrested and later prosecuted in Mobile and Baldwin counties as part of a sex crimes ring.

Chessie Wood said no conclusive evidence had been found by the end of the search day.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/mynbc15/photos/a.390772696586/10157306767496587/?type=3&theater

WPMI NBC 15 News
· 6 hrs

BRITTNEY WOOD
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released an age progressed picture of Brittney Wood, missing since 2012

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/ncmec-release-age-progressed-picture-of-brittney-wood-missing-since-2012

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: July 27, 2020, 04:26:21 PM »

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_county/new-tip-on-whereabouts-of-brittney-wood-leading-to-search-of-grand-bay-property/article_57d0b1ba-d027-11ea-abb1-43cbbd998895.html

New tip on whereabouts of Brittney Wood leading to search of Grand Bay property
Tyler FingertUpdated 3 hrs ago | Posted on Jul 27, 2020  0

GRAND BAY, Ala (WALA) – Investigators are set to start a search this week for Brittney Wood in Grand Bay after a tip last week.

Mobile Police previously said the new tip came in after FOX10 News aired the story on Wood’s age-progression picture that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created.

Mobile Police said after getting the tip, the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office got a search warrant for an address on Ramsey Boulevard in Grand Bay. A K-9 was taken to the area and alerted to something.

MCSO was initially going to start the search on Monday but by 11:30 a.m. Capt. Paul Burch said they are “suspending operations for today.”

MCSO searching Ramsey Blvd in Grand Bay

This week, as soon as weather permits, MCSO will execute the search warrant to do the dig.

According to MPD, MCSO is conducting the search for their case because the location is outside of MPD jurisdiction.

MPD’s lead investigator, Sgt. Jeffrey Corley, says the area on Ramsey Boulevard was previously searched, but with the new tip and the hit from the dog, they will search it again.

In the months after Brittney disappeared in 2012, nearly a dozen of her family members were arrested, some later prosecuted as part of a child sex abuse ring.

Brittney was last seen at her uncle’s house near Styx River.

That same uncle, Donnie Holland, killed himself just days later. Police believe he had something to do with her disappearance.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: July 28, 2020, 12:24:52 PM »

Video at the link:

https://mynbc15.com/news/search-continues-at-trailer-indicated-in-brittney-wood-tip

Search continues at trailer indicated in missing mom Brittney Wood cold case tip
by Jaysha PatelTuesday, July 28th 2020

(WPMI) Search continues at trailer indicated in missing woman Brittney Wood cold case tip

GRAND BAY, Ala. (WPMI) — Captain Paul Burch with the Mobile County Sheriffs Office tells us the trailer and property they’re searching on Ramsey Boulevard in Grand Bay is connected to a family friend of Brittney Wood.

8 years ago, Brittney went missing after she visited her uncle in the Styx River area in Baldwin county.

2 days later her uncle committed suicide.

Some of her family members and family friends have been charged and convicted for a sex ring that extended into Mobile and Baldwin Counties.

Investigators received a tip that came in after an age-progressed photo of Brittney was released.

Captain Burch says there’s an area further into the woods behind the trailer that they’re looking into.

Machinery arrived on scene earlier to further help the investigation and Brittney's family has been here all morning while search efforts continue.

“Right now, we are shielding this all from her daughter because we don’t want her at the edge of her seat, but if we find her here I’ll have to sit her down. Everybody believes we’re doing these searches for the family. We are doing these searches for her daughter. She’s 10 now. She wants her mama,” Chessie Wood, Britney’s mother, said.”

Captain Burch tells us they’ll be here as long as it takes until they’ve thoroughly searched the area.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: May 30, 2021, 07:47:08 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheHometownSearchforBrittneyWood/posts/4368206426523677

The Hometown search for Brittney Wood
46m  ·
9 year's ago today Brittney vanished and our lives have been forever changed. We learned of the horrors of this world and the pain of not knowing. Please join us in lighting a candle to help light her way home.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: August 18, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/mobile_county/mobiles-big-mystery-brittney-wood-disappearance-now-the-subject-of-a-new-docuseries/article_b2c0e0e0-0078-11ec-8d91-03f26cbfdbb5.html

Mobile's big mystery: Brittney Wood disappearance now the subject of a new docuseries

TYLER FINGERT UPDATED 5 HRS AGO | POSTED ON AUG 18, 2021

MOBILE, Ala (WALA) – It is one of the Gulf Coast's biggest mysteries.

Nearly 10 years later, we still do not know what happened to Brittney Wood.

The then 19-year-old, left behind a little girl who is now growing up without a mother.

“I don’t want to leave this world with her baby growing up trying to figure out who did it and where her mommy is,” said Chessie Wood, Brittney’s mom.

Chessie’s determination to get answers never wavering, but now a new docuseries set to be released this month is shining a whole new light on the case nearly a decade in.

“I hope it leads to new leads and helps me find my daughter after all these years,” she said.

The three-part documentary called “Monster in the Shadows” takes a fresh look at the disappearance of Brittney.

“This case just sort of jumps to the top,” said Thomas Leader, Director, Producer, and Editor of ‘Monster in the Shadows’.

Leader is the man behind the project. He sifted through thousands of possible stories to profile before landing on Brittney’s.

“It was filmed pretty much over three years and we do go on this journey and we do use ground penetrating radar on a concrete slab which Brittney’s mom Chessie has wanted searched,” he said.

In 2012, the then 19-year-old mother was last seen at her uncle’s house near Styx River. That same uncle, Donnie Holland killed himself just days later. Police believe he’s the prime suspect.

In the months after Brittney’s disappearance, nearly a dozen of Wood’s family members were arrested, some later prosecuted in Mobile and Baldwin counties as part of a child sex abuse ring.

“At the end you’re going to wonder who did it,” Chessie said. “It’s not going to be ‘oh Donnie did it’, cause that’s not the truth. We don’t know.”

The title of the docuseries “Monster in the Shadows” comes from a quote from a victim of the sex abuse case.

The series talks to many people involved working to uncover what happened.

“I hope that this documentary can maybe bring us closer to finding that truth,” Leader said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.