April 30, 2024, 11:55:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaren Lockhart , 22yrs old, New Orleans, last seen 06/05/12(BODY FOUND)  (Read 185180 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »

texasmom and melisb, thank you for the updates.  I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the atrocities people do to one another.  Drugs, bi-polar, etc or not, is there no longer a deep-seeded sense of right and wrong or have we as a society generally just gotten so complacent?  It is very disturbing.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »

http://www.wafb.com/story/18960694/lockhart-murder-investigators-look-for-clues-in-tv-interview

Lockhart murder investigators look for clues in TV interview

Posted: Jul 05, 2012 6:58 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 06, 2012 5:55 AM CDT
By Al Showers - bio | email

::snipping2::

Glenn Grannan, Chief Investigator with the Hancock County Sheriff's Department, remarked after hearing Sanchez's statement, "If he killed your best friend, wouldn't you be upset? She felt like the dismemberment was the proper thing to do. It's very strange. It didn't appear to be normal behavior."

Grannan said he found it odd Sanchez seemed so understanding about the man who killed her friend and then took his own life. And that gave them insight into Sanchez as a suspect.

"What we determined basically maybe added just a little bit of conformation of what we believe is Margaret Sanchez's basic character. Other than that, it's not helpful in trying to produce the kind of evidence we need to complete this investigation," explained Grannan.

Sanchez has not been charged in the death of Jaren Lockhart, a New Orleans woman whose body parts washed ashore on the coast last month.

The crimes aren't linked, but investigators can't deny the odd coincidence that Sanchez's friend was dismembered and now she's a suspect in a similar murder.

"Some of the comments Miss Sanchez makes are consistent with some of the behavior that we felt makes her the prime suspect for us and continues to make her a prime suspect," said Grannan.

Investigators now want to speak with some of the other people interviewed on the show who know Margaret Sanchez. They also want to see an un-edited version of Sanchez's interview.

The interview with Margaret Sanchez was shot 15 months ago. The producers of the show have added a note on the Final Witness website about her connection to the Jaren Lockhart case.

If you missed Wednesday night's show, you can watch the full episode online: http://abc.go.com/watch/final-witness/SH55206839/VD55216566/graveyard-love

hmmm....Maybe Margaret fed the dismemberment and disposal idea to these two men?  Could be she was jealous of the young women. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2012, 09:52:43 PM »

http://www.abc26.com/news/local/wgno-detectives-lockhart-murder-suspects-had-fake-bourbon-street-wedding-20120705,0,844884.story

Detectives: Lockhart Murder Suspects had Fake Bourbon Street Wedding
Sanchez Reportedly Sour After Learning She Wasn't Really Married

Sheldon Fox
WGNO News
11:12 p.m. CDT, July 5, 2012

NEW ORLEANS—
Hancock County investigators say while Terry Speaks and Margaret Sanchez aren't saying much during questioning, Sanchez did vent over a Bourbon Street wedding she said she had with Speaks, a marriage that turned out not to be legit.

Detectives tell us Sanchez said she and Speaks were married earlier this year by a minister who also works as a doorman in Bourbon's 300 block. 

Cops who interviewed her said she was miffed when she later learned she wasn't legally married.

Sanchez complained about having to pay the minister $100 dollars for the middle of the street ceremony, deputies said.

According to investigators, the unofficial wedding took place in the same block where Jaren Lockhart worked.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »

They're looking at murder and mutilation charges but have only discussed that they are miffed about spending $100 on a fake minister?  WTF!  Rot in hell is all I got for them!  Had they planned on killing before now and thought being married gave them some privilege?  Tooeffinbad!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2012, 02:01:26 AM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/19051345/investigators-track-down-phone-records-in-lockhart-murder-case

Investigators track down phone records in Lockhart murder case

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 5:13 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 19, 2012 5:52 AM CDT
By Trang Pham-Bui - bio | email

HANCOCK COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

It's been about six weeks since Jaren Lockhart's body parts washed ashore in Hancock and Harrison Counties. Now, Hancock County Sheriff's investigators hope phone records will reveal some clues into her gruesome murder. They are tracking down hundreds of phone numbers belonging to the Louisiana woman and the two suspects.

Investigators say leads are still coming in, but not as many as the weeks after Lockhart's dismembered body washed up in South Mississippi. One of those leads is phone records. They're focusing on several days before and after June 6, the day the New Orleans woman disappeared.

"To see if the last point that we can definitively say that Jaren was okay at this time until after her disappearance, to see if the phone has been turned off, if anybody else is using her phone, to see if we can find her phone," said Steve Saucier, the lead investigator with the Hancock County Sheriff's Department.

Investigators are also trying to figure out who the numbers belong to, the people's relationship to Lockhart, and whether they were phone calls or text messages. Their starting point is the last number Lockhart contacted from her phone.

"We have to start at one number and work our way down. We can't just throw all of these numbers into a big data base and out it pops out all this information," said Saucier.

Investigators are still waiting for results of DNA and physical evidence collected from a vehicle and the home of two people last seen with Lockhart before she vanished, Margaret Sanchez and Terry Speaks. The evidence is being processed at the FBI's forensics department in Quantico, Virginia.

"We're hoping to find the magical piece of evidence that's going to tie everything in together," said Saucier.

The lead investigator said he hopes to interview Sanchez and Speaks, but he said right now, they're not talking.

"It's been a long, long process and we've still got a long way to go on it," said Saucier. "I feel that it's progressing well. I do feel confident that there will be a resolution to it."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:01 AM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/19051604/possible-witness-identified-in-jaren-lockhart-murder

Link wouldn't work for me so I searched the available text of the article...until I found the article posted elsewhere.

Maybe they're just updating the original article?

https://www.facebook.com/reginald.barnes.52/posts/492104304140426

Reginald Barnes

July 18 at 6:32am near Pascagoula, MS ·

Authorities in Hancock County say phone records have now identified a possible witness, someone who may be able to shed some light into what happened the night Jaren Lockhart was murdered.

But, investigators are getting no help from Margaret Sanchez, one of the two suspects in the case. She refuses to talk with investigators about this new lead.

You may recall, Sanchez was just featured in the ABC show Final Witness, talking about a similar murder case in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.

Both Sanchez and her boyfriend Terry Speaks are in police custody on unrelated charges

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:25 AM »

http://www.abc26.com/news/local/wgno_finalwitfolo-071812,0,6235155.story

Cops Still Seeking Show Footage in Jaren Lockhart Murder Probe
Crime Show Featuring Suspect Sanchez Still an Issue For Hancock Detectives

Sheldon Fox
WGNO News
July 18, 2012

HANCOCK COUNTY, MS— Clues in the Jaren Lockhart murder case could come from a show that aired on ABC two weeks ago, but the raw footage used to produce the program are what detectives say they really want but are having trouble getting.

Detectives from the Hancock County Sheriff's Office say they're dealing with "red tape" as they try to acquire unedited interviews and footage from a July 4th airing of "Final Witness," an ABC crime show, which featured interviews from Margaret Sanchez, one of two suspects in the June murder and dismemberment of Jaren Lockhart, the 23-year-old New Orleans exotic dancer who disappeared after a shift at the Bourbon Street strip club where she worked. Sanchez, 28, was featured on "Final Witness" as an interviewee on the 2006 murder and dismemberment of her friend Addie Hall.

Detectives say that Sanchez knew two women in the French Quarter murdered in such a similar way is a "coincidence" which "can't be ignored."

Hancock County chief deputy Don Bass says his sheriff's office has tried to subpoena the video, but learned the show's production company doesn't legally have to turn over their material.

Bass says Hancock County's District Attorney's office is working to get a New York state subpoena for the footage.

"I'm very interested," said Bass. "How many people know two people in their lives (who were) murdered, dismembered and decapitated?"

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2012, 03:09:00 AM »

Ryan=Riot? 

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/books/106227/the-forgotten-confederate-jew?all=1

The Forgotten Confederate Jew
How history lost Judah P. Benjamin, the most prominent American Jew of the 19th century
By Daniel Brook|July 17, 2012 7:00 AM

Temptations is a New Orleans strip joint whose neon sign declares it “The Gentlemens’ [sic] Club in a Class By Itself.” Open noon ’til dawn, it sits on a crowded stretch of Bourbon Street between the century-old Galatoire’s restaurant and Larry Flynt’s Barely Legal Club. Inside Temptations, the ground-floor parlor is done up in antebellum-period décor, with a pair of grand fireplaces and crystal chandeliers. The paint on the walls cracks with antiquarian charm. At the rear of the room, red velvet-upholstered stools line a bar that serves up chilled cocktails to cut the bayou heat. The parlor is centered around a stage with a dance pole, where, during a recent late-night visit, a stripper billed as “Ryan” Lockhart was hard at work, wriggling her g-string-clad body around the head of a bald man with a fist full of money.

When Lockhart finished her routine, redonning her leopard-print brassiere and shredded black dress and joining the half-dozen other ladies working the floor, I asked if she was aware of the building’s notable history as the former home of Judah P. Benjamin, the Confederate secretary of state and America’s first openly Jewish senator. She was not. I told her that up the staircase to the lap-dance rooms had once ascended “the brains of the Confederacy,” the U.S. Senate’s whip-smart “Gentleman from Louisiana,” a gifted orator—the most prominent American Jew of the 19th century.

Lockhart’s ignorance was unsurprising—and not just because the exotic dancer is no Civil War buff. Benjamin has confounded even the myriad professional historians who have tried to rescue him from his obscurity as the enigma who stares out from the Confederate $2 bill. But how could so prominent a man, anointed in the moonlight-and-magnolias-besotted chronicle of the antebellum Southern aristocracy, A Class by Themselves, as “arguably the greatest of all Southerners,” be so utterly forgotten today? Temptations, I pointed out, didn’t have so much as a plaque acknowledging its building’s tremendous significance to New Orleans, Southern, and American-Jewish history.

Lockhart, having mastered her profession’s art of feigning interest in men’s minds as a way into their wallets, pressed her hand insistently to my thigh and gushed, “That explains why the place is haunted.”

On the floor of Temptations, such heady concerns felt remote. As Lockhart’s successor on the pole spun around in a pink teddy, patrons downed enough liquor to blot out whatever would happen in this house a few hours from now, let alone a few centuries ago. Lockhart had told me that the upper floors of the home are inhabited by a ghostly woman in a white dress, whose presence can be felt moving through the darkened hallways and empty lap-dance rooms. She agreed it would have to be Ninette, Benjamin’s Parisian-raised daughter, still searching for her absentee father, a man lost to history not least because he doesn’t want to be found.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »

Ryan=Riot? 

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/books/106227/the-forgotten-confederate-jew?all=1

The Forgotten Confederate Jew
How history lost Judah P. Benjamin, the most prominent American Jew of the 19th century
By Daniel Brook|July 17, 2012 7:00 AM

Temptations is a New Orleans strip joint whose neon sign declares it “The Gentlemens’ [sic] Club in a Class By Itself.” Open noon ’til dawn, it sits on a crowded stretch of Bourbon Street between the century-old Galatoire’s restaurant and Larry Flynt’s Barely Legal Club. Inside Temptations, the ground-floor parlor is done up in antebellum-period décor, with a pair of grand fireplaces and crystal chandeliers. The paint on the walls cracks with antiquarian charm. At the rear of the room, red velvet-upholstered stools line a bar that serves up chilled cocktails to cut the bayou heat. The parlor is centered around a stage with a dance pole, where, during a recent late-night visit, a stripper billed as “Ryan” Lockhart was hard at work, wriggling her g-string-clad body around the head of a bald man with a fist full of money.

When Lockhart finished her routine, redonning her leopard-print brassiere and shredded black dress and joining the half-dozen other ladies working the floor, I asked if she was aware of the building’s notable history as the former home of Judah P. Benjamin, the Confederate secretary of state and America’s first openly Jewish senator. She was not. I told her that up the staircase to the lap-dance rooms had once ascended “the brains of the Confederacy,” the U.S. Senate’s whip-smart “Gentleman from Louisiana,” a gifted orator—the most prominent American Jew of the 19th century.

Lockhart’s ignorance was unsurprising—and not just because the exotic dancer is no Civil War buff. Benjamin has confounded even the myriad professional historians who have tried to rescue him from his obscurity as the enigma who stares out from the Confederate $2 bill. But how could so prominent a man, anointed in the moonlight-and-magnolias-besotted chronicle of the antebellum Southern aristocracy, A Class by Themselves, as “arguably the greatest of all Southerners,” be so utterly forgotten today? Temptations, I pointed out, didn’t have so much as a plaque acknowledging its building’s tremendous significance to New Orleans, Southern, and American-Jewish history.

Lockhart, having mastered her profession’s art of feigning interest in men’s minds as a way into their wallets, pressed her hand insistently to my thigh and gushed, “That explains why the place is haunted.”

On the floor of Temptations, such heady concerns felt remote. As Lockhart’s successor on the pole spun around in a pink teddy, patrons downed enough liquor to blot out whatever would happen in this house a few hours from now, let alone a few centuries ago. Lockhart had told me that the upper floors of the home are inhabited by a ghostly woman in a white dress, whose presence can be felt moving through the darkened hallways and empty lap-dance rooms. She agreed it would have to be Ninette, Benjamin’s Parisian-raised daughter, still searching for her absentee father, a man lost to history not least because he doesn’t want to be found.
Very interesting.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/19250614/lockhart-murder-suspect-released-from-jail

Lockhart murder suspect released from jail

Posted: Aug 10, 2012 5:31 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 10, 2012 5:31 PM CDT
By WLOX Staff - email

Hammond, LA (WLOX) -

Margaret Sanchez, one of two suspects in the Jaren Lockhart murder investigation, was released from the Tangipahoa Parish Jail Friday. Sanchez was being held on a charge of harboring a sex offender, but officials in Louisiana have decided to drop that charge.

Sanchez and her boyfriend, Terry Speaks, were seen in the French Quarter on surveillance video with Lockhart the night she disappeared. Days later, Lockhart's dismembered body parts washed up on South Mississippi's shoreline.

Speaks was extradited to North Carolina, where he faced charges in an unrelated case.

Investigator Glenn Grannan, with the Hancock County Sheriff's Department, said they're still waiting for the evidence in the Lockhart murder to be tested at the crime lab. He said the FBI Crime Lab still has the evidence in Virginia. Grannan said investigators call to check on it every week, but as of now have not received the results they need to move the investigation forward.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19250707/authorities-releasing-suspect-in-jared-lockhart-murder-case

Authorities releasing woman linked to Jaren Lockhart murder case

Updated: Aug 10, 2012 6:12 PM CDT
Written by: FOX8Live.com Staff

Tangipahoa Parish, La. -

Margaret Sanchez's public defender says his client is being released from the Tangipahoa Parish jail.

The 28-year-old woman was named a suspect in the murder of Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart.  Sanchez has been behind bars in Tangipahoa Parish since June 12, the night she and fellow murder suspect Terry Speaks were arrested.  Sanchez was charged with resisting arrest.

Sanchez was charged later with harboring a sex offender, a felony offense.  Her bond has been set at $250,000.

But Friday, public defender Allen Harvey told FOX 8 News that the District Attorney's office had sent a "rejection letter" Friday, indicating Sanchez would not face the harboring charge, after all.

A spokesperson for the Tangipahoa Sheriff's Office says Sanchez was either released or in the process of being released.

Chief Deputy Don Bass of Hancock County Sheriff's Office, which is leading the murder investigation, says he's not surprised Sanchez was being released.  But he says both Sanchez and Speaks remain suspects in Lockhart's slaying.

"My investigation is still active," Bass tells FOX 8 News.

Neither Sanchez nor Speaks currently face formal murder charges.  Bass says his investigators are still waiting for results from forensic testing by the FBI, performed at Sanchez's Kenner home and car -- then, he tells us, they'll determine how to proceed.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »

http://www.actionnews17.com/News/AllNews/tabid/83/ArticleID/2484/ArtMID/435/BREAKING

UPDATE: DA's office rejects charges; Sanchez released from Amite jail

AMITE---Late Friday afternoon, Margaret Sanchez was released from the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after prosecutors refused to pursue charges against her.

Sanchez, 28, known as the woman who was classified by law enforcement as a "person of interest" in the murder and dismemberment of a New Orleans dancer, faces no further charges and should be released from the Tangipahoa Parish Jail after serving almost two months in prison.

Sanchez is believed to be one of the last two individuals who interacted with 22-year-old Jaren Lockhart, a native of Tangipahoa Parish who was living in New Orleans. Lockhart went missing from the New Orleans French Quarter in early June, and her dismembered body started washing ashore on Gulf Coast beaches just days later.

Hancock County, Mississippi authorities named Sanchez and a 39-year-old companion as "persons of interest" in the Lockhart investigation after they were identified along with Lockhart in surveillance video obtained from the French Quarter the morning Lockhart was last seen leaving a New Orleans nightclub.

Arrested in Tangipahoa Parish approximately one week later after a traffic stop between Loranger and Hammond, Sanchez has been held in police custody for almost two full months. During this time, she has never been charged in the Lockhart case.

Speaks was taken into custody by federal authorities. Sanchez, however, lingered in the Amite Jail, appearing in court numerous times to face allegations. She also reportedly submitted to psychological testing at a Hammond mental health facility.

According to Tangipahoa Parish Jail records, Sanchez was released shortly after 5 p.m. Reliable sources say authorities notified her father of her impending release.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »

Article from a court appearance in July, before Margaret Sanchez was released.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/lockhart-163620726.html

Suspect in Bourbon Street dancer murder case appears in court

wwltv.com
Posted on July 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Updated Tuesday, Jul 24 at 5:41 PM

Ashley Rodrigue / Eyewitness News
Email: arodrigue@wwltv.com | Twitter: @ashleyrwwl

NEW ORLEANS -- The case against a woman suspected in the murder of a Bourbon Street dancer can move forward.

A Tangipahoa Parish judge ruled Tuesday that authorities have probable cause to pursue Margaret Sanchez for allegedly harboring a sex offender.

That sex offender is Terry Speaks, the other suspect in Jaren Lockhart's murder and dismemberment, though neither has been arrested in that case.

On Tuesday, Sanchez headed to court in Amite with her blue hair half grown out, braided and in pigtails. Both in the jail van and in the courtroom Sanchez appeared to be in a back-and-forth mood, sometimes laughing, other times crying.

Tangipahoa Parish Detective Mike Moore testified at the preliminary exam about the night Sanchez and Speaks were pulled over last month. It was days after Lockhart's body parts started washing ashore in Mississippi, and after a surveillance video of Sanchez and Speaks with Lockhart was plastered across the New Orleans area.

The detective said Speaks lied about his identity to authorities several times before running from the car Sanchez was driving. He also said Sanchez lied about the fact they were married.

However, Moore said Sanchez admitted to authorities she knew Speaks had a history in North Carolina, and that he may have a warrant there. The detective repeated to the court that Sanchez never indicated she knew Speaks was a sex offender.

Prosecutors argued Sanchez's lies to authorities meant she was trying to prevent Speaks from getting in trouble, and Judge Brenda Ricks agreed, saying the state showed probable cause for continuing with any charges against Sanchez for harboring a sex offender.

"The standard's very low in terms of what the court has to find to hold somebody over for trial. The judge listened to the evidence put on by the state, certainly we took a contrary position and the judge found probable cause," said Sanchez's Attorney, Allen Harvey.

Sanchez's father said, off camera, he had nothing to say that could help his daughter and he was surprised the judge couldn't see the case against Sanchez is weak.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »

This article is also prior to Margaret Sanchez's release.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3459119-125/suspects-relationship-to-prior-victim

Suspect’s relationship to prior victim eyed
BY HEIDI R. KINCHEN
Florida Parishes bureau
July 29, 2012

A coincidence too striking to ignore is the discovery that a Kenner woman now held in the Tangipahoa Parish Jail was close friends with one dismembered young woman and the last person seen with another, Hancock County, Miss., investigator Steve Saucier said Friday.

Investigators believe the dismembered body of New Orleans dancer Jaren Lockhart, which washed ashore on several Mississippi beaches June 7, was dumped inside Mississippi state lines, Saucier said, but the events leading up to that point remain unclear.

Saucier and his team are still awaiting the FBI’s forensic analysis of evidence taken from the home of suspects Margaret A. Sanchez, 28, and Terry Christopher Speaks, 39, he said.

But in the meantime, they are poring over phone records and working to subpoena a video of Sanchez describing the brutal death of another New Orleans woman — Addie Hall — in an interview recorded just 15 months before Sanchez would become a suspect in Lockhart’s death.

Lockhart, 22, was reported missing June 6 after she did not return home from work at a Bourbon Street club. Her partial remains began turning up on beaches the next day at Bay St. Louis and elsewhere along the Mississippi coast, authorities said.

Oceanographers studying tide flow and wind currents determined Lockhart’s body could not have traveled into Mississippi waters from outside the state in the amount of time between her disappearance and the discovery of her remains, Saucier said.

Hancock County investigators are scrutinizing Lockhart’s cellphone records in an effort to reconstruct a timeline of events surrounding her death, he said.

The records indicate Lockhart’s last conversation was around the same time she left Temptations strip club in the 300 block of Bourbon Street at 2 a.m. June 6, Saucier said.

Video surveillance shows Lockhart departing with a man and a woman investigators believe to be Speaks and Sanchez, authorities said.

The Kenner couple are the primary suspects in Lockhart’s death, Saucier said, though neither has been arrested in the slaying.

Saucier declined to comment on whether Lockhart’s phone records revealed any communications with Sanchez or Speaks, but investigators have said they are reviewing the suspects’ phone records as well.

Other efforts to reconstruct events, such as studying business surveillance videos along the Mississippi coast, have revealed “nothing of evidentiary value” thus far, Saucier said. “But something of extreme importance could pop up at any time, so I certainly wouldn’t say any avenue is closed.”

In the meantime, investigators are working with New York authorities to subpoena the raw video footage of an interview ABC conducted with Sanchez about 15 months before Lockhart’s death, Saucier said.

Sanchez appeared on a July 4 episode of the network’s “Final Witness” series discussing the 2006 death and dismemberment of New Orleans resident Adriane “Addie” Hall, 30.

Hall was strangled and dismembered by her boyfriend, Zackery Bowen, 28, who later jumped from the roof of the Omni Royal Hotel and died, according to news reports at the time.

Bowen left a note in his pocket leading police to the couple’s apartment, where he had left Hall’s cooked body parts in pots on the stove and in the oven, according to news reports.

Sanchez told ABC she worked as a bartender alongside Hall in the French Quarter and called her “my best friend, my sister. ... Anything that a woman could be for another woman, she was that for me.”

Sanchez described Hall and Bowen as star-crossed lovers to whom life had dealt a bad hand that could have played out no other way.

“He just snapped,” Sanchez said of the night Bowen strangled Hall after an argument. “I can imagine, just shock. What am I gonna do to get rid of the body? That would be the first thought. What did I just do? How am I going to fix this?”

Hancock County investigators found Sanchez’s comments about the Hall case unusual and intriguing, Saucier said.

“The two cases are strikingly similar, with the dismemberment and beheading, and she (Sanchez) is best friends with the first woman and the last seen with the second,” Saucier said.

“We can’t really ascertain whether she had anything to do with this case based on the previous one, but it’s definitely something we want to go more in-depth with,” he said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/Woman-held-in-Jaren-Lockhart-case-appears-in-court/-/9853400/15661678/-/ke6xmtz/-/index.html

Woman held in Jaren Lockhart case appears in court
Margaret Sanchez faces judge
UPDATED 5:54 PM CDT Jul 24, 2012

Margaret Sanchez, 28, appeared before a Tangipahoa Parish judge on a charge of harboring a sex offender.

"The detective testified that he did not have any information to provide to the court that she actually knew that Terry Speaks, Terry Christopher Speaks, was a sex offender," public defender Allen Harvey said.

Judge Brenda Ricks ruled for probable cause for Sanchez's arrest warrant. Her attorney said it was the only decision she could make.

"It goes beyond this, and you know, it goes beyond this charge. This thing has been going on for two months now, and no one wants to say we did the right thing, and followed the law, and let her go and something happens," public defender Reginald McIntyre said.

While leaving the courthouse, a man who identified himself as Sanchez's father said his daughter thought she had met the man of her dreams and was now living a nightmare. He said he thinks the guilty person is still out there.

Sanchez and her boyfriend, Terry Speaks, were arrested on unrelated charges but are under investigation in the gruesome death of Jaren Lockhart.

Lockhart went missing in early June. Her body parts washed ashore on beaches in Mississippi days later.

Speaks and Sanchez were the last people known to be seen with Lockhart, police said. They were arrested in Tangipahoa Parish during a traffic stop.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »

Suspect in dancer's killing pleads guilty to sex-offender charge
Published: September 13, 2012 

HANCOCK COUNTY -- Terry Speaks' guilty plea to a crime unrelated to the killing of New Orleans dancer Jaren Lockhart means he will remain in custody until he's sentenced, while investigators try to solve the murder of the dismembered young woman.Speaks pleaded guilty Sept. 4 to failing to register as a sex offender. He is being held for a Dec. 13 sentencing in federal court in Winston-Salem, N.C. Speaks, 39, faces up to 10 years in prison and could receive post-release supervision for five years to life."We anticipated that," said Glenn Grannan, chief investigator of the Hancock County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/09/13/4185625/suspect-in-dancers-killing-pleads.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Detectives-still-chasing-leads-in-case-of-slain-of-French-Quarter-dancer-174690621.html

Detectives discuss challenges in case of slain French Quarter dancer

Posted on October 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Updated Wednesday, Oct 17 at 10:40 PM
Scott Satchfield / Eyewitness News
Email: ssatchfield@wwltv.com | Twitter: @satchfield

NEW ORLEANS -- It’s been more than four months since Jaren Lockhart's dismembered body washed up along the beaches of Hancock County, Mississippi, and detectives there are still trying to find out who killed her, and why.

Investigator Steve Saucier, with the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office, said his team has run into plenty of obstacles along the way.

"There's not a lot of people talking about this. There's not a lot of people that want to come forward, that want to speak to us, and we urge those people to come to us," he said.

While both Speaks and Sanchez remain suspects, authorities are still trying to piece together clues.

"It's definitely been one of the most challenging cases I've ever worked on. It is without a doubt, the most heinous case I've ever worked on,” Saucier said.

Saucier said evidence has been hard to come by, but items have been collected through the course of the investigation.

That evidence, officials said, is still being processed by the FBI in Virginia.

As investigators chase some promising new leads, Saucier said he recently decided to visit Lockhart's mom.

"One of my main goals was to reassure her that this still was an active case, that it wasn't a cold case, that we were actively working on it," he said. "We don't want to leave any stone unturned. We don't want to leave any lead unfollowed."

Saucier believes his team is on the right track, and he says they’re more determined than ever to bring justice to Jaren’s family.

"Once we get to know who (Jaren) was -- the mother she was, the friend she was, the child she was -- it's very difficult at times, because you want some resolution and I will not stop until it is resolved," he said.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: November 27, 2012, 12:19:23 AM »

Authorities follow new leads in Jaren Lockhart killing

Hair to be compared to strands found in suspect's vehicle

UPDATED 6:18 PM CST Nov 16, 2012

Speaks was taken to North Carolina where he faces sex offender charges unrelated to the murder investigation. Sanchez was eventually released after being held for more than a month in Tangipahoa Parish.

“We have reason to believe she did leave the state of Louisiana,” Saucier said. “She's possibly in the southwest United States.”

With Sanchez possibly out of state and Speaks in North Carolina, Saucier believes more information will come forward.

Tips from witnesses aren’t the only leads investigators are following. Evidence turned over to the FBI after a forensic search of the suspects, car  found hair that can be used for comparison.

“Jaren Lockhart's hair coming from her hair brush -- we're hoping that if any hair fibers or any strands of hair were in that vehicle, we can use that for comparison,” Saucier said.

Hancock County authorities feel they know who committed the heinous crime.

Now, they said it's just a matter of bringing them to justice.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/Authorities-follow-new-leads-in-Jaren-Lockhart-killing/-/9853400/17450666/-/item/1/-/jl6i4sz/-/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2012, 12:21:17 AM »

Hair of Hope? Feds Send Hair Sample of Murdered, Dismembered Dancer, Lockhart
Monday, 19 November 2012 20:39

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/component/k2/item/170463-hair-of-hope-feds-send-hair-sample-of-murdered-dismembered-dancer-lockhart
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2013, 12:17:06 AM »

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetracker/meeting-between-investiga

Meeting between investigators, DA in Jaren Lockhart case postponed for a 3rd time

Photos provided by the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office.
CRIMETRACKER
WDSU

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 1:05pm

HANCOCK COUNTY, MISS (WDSU-CNN) — A planned meeting between Hancock County, Miss., investigators and the district attorney’s office about possible charges in the death and dismemberment of a Bourbon Street dancer has been postponed for a third time.

Jaren Lockhart was reported missing on June 6. Her torso washed ashore on a beach in Bay St. Louis, Miss., and other parts of her severed body washed up days later. Authorities in Hancock County, Miss., are looking for her killer. This timeline follows the events of the investigation.

Investigators in Hancock County, Miss., said a meeting with the district attorney in the case surrounding the killing of Jaren Lockhart was rescheduled for Friday.

Authorities were scheduled to meet this week to present their case in the homicide investigation of Jaren Lockhart.

Initially, they were set to meet on Monday, but that was postponed until Wednesday. Then, that meeting was rescheduled until Friday.

However, authorities told WDSU on Friday that scheduling conflicts has forced the meeting to be postponed again.

No date has been set.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.