April 23, 2024, 12:54:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preteens Kidnap One-Year-Old  (Read 4227 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« on: July 10, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »

This is from an AP article that was in my local paper.  

ENID, Okla.  Detectives arrested a 12-year-old and her 10-year-old sister for allegedly abducting their neighbor's one-year-old son and demanding $100,000 for his return.  

Brandon Wells was back home and safe Thursday night, hours after intruders broke into his family's residence and took him while his mother slept, police said.  

The siblings, who were not identified because of their ages, are accused of sneaking into Sheila Wells' home about 5:30 a.m., taking her son Brandon and leaving a ransom note.  

The plan began to unravel when the girls' mother saw them with the child, police said.  They told their mother they had found the boy on the corner, police said.  

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »

LiL Puma,
I would love to know where the two kids got the idea. There is more than one crime going on there, and I am glad it has a happy ending in that the one year old is home and safe.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:41:28 AM »

Could very well be.  Maybe a teenage sibling or neighbor encouraged them to do it.  

I'm appalled of the age of these "perps".  It's hard enough to understand some of the crazy and violent things teens do, but a 12-year-old?  Sure makes me wonder what we're doing wrong in the child-rearing category.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

No updates on this, but good reading here RE: the crime......
http://bubbaworld.com/2007/07/07/pre-teen-kidnappers-of-enid/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.