March 28, 2024, 10:32:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his 4 yo daughter  (Read 7254 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 11, 2012, 05:58:51 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html
Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter
June 11, 2012

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.
 ::snipping2::
The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.
Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jun/10/jp_homocidefolo_061112_179093/?counties
Shiner residents support father involved in homicide
Originally published June 10, 2012 at 11:06 p.m., updated June 11, 2012 at 9:16 a.m.

Sheriff Micah Harmon said deputies were called about 3:45 p.m. Saturday after a father witnessed a 47-year-old Gonzales man molesting his 4-year-old daughter in a detached barn. Harmon said the father attempted to stop the man from sexually assaulting his daughter and physically struck him on the head several times, killing him. It is unknown how the men were acquainted.

The Gonzales man was declared dead at the scene by Alene Lyons, Lavaca County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4.

"He got what he deserved, big time," said Sonny Jaehne, a Shiner native.

Jaehne and friend Mark Harabis were among a handful of people Sunday at Howard's convenience store in Shiner who discussed the community's reaction to the homicide.

"I agree with him totally," Harabis said. "I would probably do worse. The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives."
Sheriff Micah Harmon said deputies were called about 3:45 p.m. Saturday after a father witnessed a 47-year-old Gonzales man molesting his 4-year-old daughter in a detached barn. Harmon said the father attempted to stop the man from sexually assaulting his daughter and physically struck him on the head several times, killing him. It is unknown how the men were acquainted.

The Gonzales man was declared dead at the scene by Alene Lyons, Lavaca County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4.

"He got what he deserved, big time," said Sonny Jaehne, a Shiner native.

Jaehne and friend Mark Harabis were among a handful of people Sunday at Howard's convenience store in Shiner who discussed the community's reaction to the homicide.

"I agree with him totally," Harabis said. "I would probably do worse. The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »

Give him a metal!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter
By Jack Maddox, CNN
updated 3:22 PM EDT, Mon June 11, 2012
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

A father punched a man repeatedly in the head after catching him abusing his daughter, officials said
    Authorities have not identified either
    The girl is "OK besides the obvious mental trauma," the sheriff says
    The father is "very remorseful," the sheriff says

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

Authorities were withholding the deceased man's name while they notified next of kin. Officials did not know immediately if he has a prior criminal history.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Not only is the girl traumatized by the attack, but also "causing" the death of the perp, as Maya Angelou recounted.  Sad on all sides.   Mad

There's already a thread started on this in the True Crimes Forum under  "Crimes Against Children, Elderly and the Disabled".  I'll merge the two threads, with this thread/post merging into the first thread automatically.   MB

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:19:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

Give him a metal!

Amen and Finally!  I would do the exact same thing!  Thank the Lord Above he went and checked on his child!  What a smart man!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:58:13 AM »

Give him a metal!

I'll second that and say AMEN. One less scum bag.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »

TY, MB.  You are my hero!

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/12/texas-district-attorney-to-present-beating-death-case-to-grand-jury-after-probe/

Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death

Published June 12, 2012

James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.
“Assuming it’s true that this guy was molesting the daughter, and we don’t know what exactly happened at this point, he would then have the right to defend [her], and hit him enough to have him stop,” Harrington told FoxNews.com. “But you cannot summarily execute him, even though I can understand the anger he would have.”

This type of defending of criminals is sickening!  The POS was raping a 4 yr old.  What was the daddy supposed to do?  Ask him nicely to stop? 
Mr. James Harrington should be ashamed of himself.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/12/texas-district-attorney-to-present-beating-death-case-to-grand-jury-after-probe/

Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death

Published June 12, 2012

James Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, an Austin-based nonprofit group, questioned the father’s decision to “summarily execute” the alleged molester without due process.
“Assuming it’s true that this guy was molesting the daughter, and we don’t know what exactly happened at this point, he would then have the right to defend [her], and hit him enough to have him stop,” Harrington told FoxNews.com. “But you cannot summarily execute him, even though I can understand the anger he would have.”

This type of defending of criminals is sickening!  The POS was raping a 4 yr old.  What was the daddy supposed to do?  Ask him nicely to stop? 
Mr. James Harrington should be ashamed of himself.

BBM - Austin is a liberal island in a very conservative state.  I don't see a grand jury in any county in Texas indicting this father.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/12/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Inside Sandusky Testimony
Aired June 12, 2012 - 21:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

PINSKY: All right. We`re going to switch gears and talk about a father who kills the man who allegedly attacked his little girl. First of all, would you behave like that? Some of us might and would you put that dad in jail? After this.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY (voice-over): Father catches another man allegedly molesting his four-year-old daughter and snaps, punched him in the head, and now, the accused molester is dead. Should the dad be charged with a crime? Call now, 1-855-DrDrew5.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY (on-camera): A Texas father killed a man he says molested his four-year-old daughter. What would you do if you witnessed your child being sexually assaulted? Should this father face charges? The sheriff in that precinct says no. Call now, 855-373-7395.

Our buddy criminal defense attorney, Mark Eiglarsh, is here. Mark, it is so good to see you. It has been way too long. And --

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Wonderful to see you too, my friend.

PINSKY: Yes. And I don`t have my Pepto-Bismol or nothing. All right. Mark, it`s not up to the --

EIGLARSH: I don`t either.

PINSKY: It is not up to the sheriff to press charges, but it`s -- is a parent`s rage an excuse to kill?

EIGLARSH: Well, I`m not going to say yes in general. I will say definitely yes under these unique facts and circumstances. Apparently, the sheriffs conducted an investigation and based on that, they made some very unique factual findings. He caught the molester attempting to sexually molest his own four-year-old daughter.

And in doing so, he was trying to keep this guy away, and he started to hit him, and the guy was resisting, and through that process, he was defending his precious offspring, which is something that all of us would do under those circumstances. The fact that he died, well, that was a consequence of the molester`s actions, and the prosecutor should use their discretion and not bring charges.

PINSKY: So, so you support the idea that this guy not be brought to any kind of justice? Let`s take a quick call. Shirley in North Carolina, what`s your opinion about this?

SHIRLEY, NORTH CAROLINA: Hey, Dr. Drew.

PINSKY: Hi, Shirley.

SHIRLEY: First of all, I commend the father for serving justice on the man who molested his daughter.

PINSKY: So, he was the arm of justice acting the way he did?

SHIRLEY: Yes, he was. Our judicial system, it`s too lax on the so- called punishment that they slap on sex offenders. They possibly --

EIGLARSH: Well, Drew, I take exception to that.

PINSKY: Go ahead, Mark. Go ahead.

EIGLARSH: Well, listen, I am not in favor of what he did because it`s important to carry out his vigilante justice. I support what he did because factually, he was defending his daughter.

This shouldn`t serve as a symbol to those -- to go around, it`s OK to kill people because you think that they might have molested somebody, because you`re going to have people abusing the law if that was the law, like they`re doing stand your ground here in Florida.

PINSKY: I was going to say. We all know in Florida this would be fine to kill somebody. It`s perfectly OK in Florida, but now, Texas is following suit.

EIGLARSH: No, listen, Texas leads the way. That`s Texas justice out there.

PINSKY: Oh, really?

EIGLARSH: What I`m saying is, you catch someone in the act, you can defend that person, but you go over to their house later on that night and you kill them, that`s a different story.

PINSKY: Got it. Debbie in Tennessee, what do you want to say to us?

DEBBIE, TENNESSEE: Well, I think that the father should be given a medal for pulling this jerk off of his child and protecting her. An animal in the wild will protect their young and I say nothing wrong with that man defending his daughter and looking out for her good.

PINSKY: Go ahead, Debbie. I`m just thinking, I can see where this could go further where somebody -- who are saying this is OK, Mark, somebody could follow somebody and then knock their block in a more premeditated fashion.

EIGLARSH: Without question. I mean, again, the investigators here found that factually, what the father was saying was supported by the evidence. But in other circumstances, it would be very convenient for someone to say well, yes, I heard that he was molesting. And then, you know, again, it`s fact sensitive.

You catch someone in the act, and there`s evidence to support that. You can defend someone else, and that`s what he did and that`s what I would do if anyone, God forbid, laid a hand on my precious offspring.

PINSKY: OK. I want to bring in a defense attorney. His name is Jack Bradley who had a similar sort of a case. Now, Jack, you defended a teen, a teen young man, a teen boy, who killed his accused molester, and I guess, received a very low sentence from the court. Is that right? So, he was -- it was OK for him to -- did he kill the molester?

JACK BRADLEY, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Yes, he did.

PINSKY: Yes.

BRADLEY: And after a trial, in front of a judge, he received probation.
PINSKY: All right. And so, did we understand this as also a special circumstance, very much like the man in Texas?

BRADLEY: In my particular case, the young man was 16 years of age. The perpetrator of the crimes against my client who had been molesting him since he was 14 years of age went too far. He promised to stop. He didn`t.

And my young man went into a rage and ended up hitting him with a very large pickle jar in the head three times and then stabbing him approximately 57 times, demonstrating that he was in a total rage and was not in control of himself. The police thought that it was a murder. The judge found that it was a voluntary manslaughter and was able to sentence him to probation.

PINSKY: Let`s take another call. Sarah in Louisiana, you have a comment?

SARAH, LOUISIANA: Yes. I believe that the man who accidentally murdered his friends for catching he was doing something horrific was just totally justifiable. Any loving parent would do the same thing if they saw something so horrific happening to their four-year-old daughter. I think that he did exactly what needed to be done.

PINSKY: And Mark, let me go to you and ask if we`re getting on a slippery slope here. I mean, yes, I`m all in favor of defending children. I`m in favor of perpetrators defending themselves. I mean, victims coming to their own defense but stabbed 57 times? You still on board with that?

EIGLARSH: Well, again, I told you earlier, it solely depends upon the facts. And he didn`t get away with it. They prosecuted him because they probably said, you know what, that wasn`t the answer. He wasn`t doing it at the time and in self-defense he did it. He just went into a rage.

So, he was found guilty of a serious offense, but the judge considered all that in mitigation, in the sentencing phase, and I think that that was appropriate.

PINSKY: Thank you, Mark. Thank you, Jack. I appreciate you guys for sharing those stories with us.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/12/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
George Zimmerman`s Wife Arrested for Perjury; Woman Allegedly Set on Fire by Ex-Boyfriend; Father Kills to Defend Daughter
Aired June 12, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And Jane, I think this is a case where the state of Texas is going to have to decide what they want to do. I want to get to a final thought on this. Do you think that the state can end up pursuing charges here, or do you think, as you see this, that ends up being a justifiable circumstance?

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: I don`t think they can take the father`s word for what happened. They have to see the evidence backs up his version of events. I think it`s horrible, and if what he said happened did happen, then he should not be charged.

But they need to investigate and find out if the DNA evidence, if the little girl`s story, if all of it matches up with what he says happened that terrible day.
BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A father told authorities that a 47-year-old man who helps with his horses tried to sexually assault his 4-year-old daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The 23-year-old father of the young girl then attacked the man after learning what was happening.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He got what he well deserved. And you can say that nationwide.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He was just merely defending his daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The father ended up beating the man to death with his bare hands.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t think he should be arrested for it. I don`t think any charges should be filed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I would do the same probably ten times worse if somebody would have done that to my kid.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cops say a Texas father walks in on his young daughter being raped, and then kills the alleged rapist with his bare hands. Should he be hailed as a hero?

It all happened Saturday in Shire Texas, a small town with a population of 2,000. The victim, a 4-year-old girl. She was feeding chickens on her grandfather`s ranch when she was taken away by a 47-year- old man visiting the property.

That`s when her dad says he leapt into action. The sheriff said they heard the girl yelling and then the father ran to her and found then half naked, the man attempting to rape the child. The dad then started fighting with the alleged rapist, striking him in the face with his fist repeatedly.

Now even the sheriff doesn`t know what to do.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In the defense of her, trying to get her away from him that he struck the man in the head several times.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you think this father should be charged?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Let`s don`t ask that question.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This story trending very high with millions of Americans weighing in. Virtually everybody says don`t arrest this father. He`s a hero.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Anybody been talking about the same thing, they would have done the same thing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t think he should be arrested for it. I don`t think any charges should be filed.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Somebody abused my grandchild like he did, I think he deserved everything he got.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Especially 4 years old. That`s terrible.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Would you charge this father with a crime? Call me: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Mark Eiglarsh, criminal defense attorney, former prosecutor, should this case be prosecuted?

EIGLARSH: No. I mean, that`s just the clear unequivocal response based on what the evidence and the specific facts are in this case. I`m not saying that someone deserves to die because they molest a child. I might have my own personal things about that.

But this guy caught him in the act. The guy, the perpetrator, allegedly, was resisting. There was fighting going on between them. This man, this father, was defending his daughter. And he has the legal right to do so. A death resulted. Too bad.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The name of the little girl, her father and the alleged attacker not being released tonight. But the grandfather of the child spoke out. Listen to what he said he saw when he got there.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE (through translator): I jumped the fence and saw the man on the ground, he says. At that point I didn`t know if he was dead or not.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But Pat Brown, criminal profiler, police do still have to investigate. Don`t they have to see if the evidence in this case weighs up and adds up with what the father said happened?
PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Yes. Absolutely, Jane. They`ve got to know that there was an assault in progress. If there was no assault, let`s say the little girl was just hanging around and this man got mad at this guy for some other reason and started beating him to death and say because he was raping my daughter, you know, that obviously would be a murder. But they`ve got to prove that the girl was being assaulted.

And if she was being assaulted, I`m all for his action. It was pure self-defense. Man got what he deserved.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you`ve got a lot of company. The town of Shriner, Texas has seemingly united behind this dad. Listen to what this neighbor of the father said about all this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I would have done the same. Everybody feels that it was justified, you know. I haven`t heard any details about it. But I mean, that`s just a comment. You talk around town.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, we`re going to go out to the phone lines. Bill, Ohio, your question or thought.

BILL, OHIO: Hey, Jane. I was put in jail because I caught my cousin molesting his own daughter and he did not get jail time, but I got three years of probation. I beat him pretty bad. Why isn`t -- why is this man even being charged with a crime? He walked in on something. That was totally wrong I think.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did cops tell you why you were charged? I mean, that doesn`t seem fair. It seems like a very similar situation. And you got the short end of it, it seems, Bill.

BILL: You know the people that do right in the United States usually do. Either the prosecutor wants to make a name for themselves, just like in the George Zimmerman case, he should not have been charged -- my personal opinion. But in this case the father never should have been charged.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It`s interesting you mention the George Zimmerman case. Virtually everyone is supporting the dad in this case. But you have to wonder should we automatically just accept his version of events. The other person is not here to give his side of the story.

This kind of reminds me in a certain way of how cops in Florida instantly believed George Zimmerman. And remember what he told them?
BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, CHARGED WITH TRAYVON MARTIN`S MURDER: I`m with the neighborhood watch and we`ve had some burglaries and vandalisms lately. And this gentleman was walking in the neighborhood. I`ve seen before on trash days going around picking up trash. I don`t know what his deal is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Is he white, black or Hispanic?

ZIMMERMAN: Black.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So that was the initial 911 call from George Zimmerman. Of course we have learned -- the whole world has learned that the story was very different from what he initially described. Trayvon was at a 7-Eleven buying Skittles and iced tea. He was walking back to his house talking to his girlfriend and he was gunned down, essentially. And now George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder.

Mark Eiglarsh, should we be so quick to accept this father`s version of events?

EIGLARSH: No. And I don`t think law enforcement would immediately accept what he`s saying. It appears though after an investigation they then reported these are the following facts.

But all of these cases, especially Zimmerman, hinges upon what the facts are after an appropriate, extensive, thorough and fair investigation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Got to go out to Rich Dool, our HLN producer who`s been monitoring Twitter and other social media. That is just off the charts literally millions of people weighing in, Rich.

RICH DOOL, HLN PRODUCER: Yes, Jane. We`ve gotten hundreds of responses. And the vast majority of people think this father should not face any charges. We had a couple people that said he should. Teresa is tweeting, "Jane, murder is murder. Once the guy was off her, he was no longer protecting her, it was revenge."

Shirley says "I totally understand the father`s fury, but we`re supposed to be a civilized society and not become vigilantes."

But like I said, the vast majority think not only should this father not face charges, but he should be given a medal, or an award.

Maggie is saying, "Finally, someone has done what many felt like doing. Sometimes justice needs to be taken in our own hands."

Amber says "A true case of justified homicide. Any good parent would have done the same. I`m actually surprised that there was enough left of the guy to identify and bury."

And Leslie says, "No, give him a trophy for dad of the year" -- Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, obviously the whole country is united behind this father. And to me the best news is that this 4-year-old girl is ok and she was rescued before anything truly, truly, truly horrific could happen.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/13/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Mistress Hires Hit Men from Jail; Father Charged with Murder for Saving Daughter; Bizarre Texas Murder-for-Hire Trial Developments
Aired June 13, 2012 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: And tonight, Daddy catches a child sex predator sexually molesting his 5-year-old little girl, and he punches the perv to death! But now Daddy facing murder charges?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A shocking story out of Texas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What started as a get-together turned deadly.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A father told authorities that a 47-year-old man...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Took the girl out into some brush and attempted to molest her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The father went to look for her and found her half-naked.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The father told police he heard his daughter scream.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She was screaming.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was a fight.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And in a fit of rage.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: As the dad punched the man repeatedly in the head.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Beat a man to death.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: With his bare hands.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I was trying to get her away from him (INAUDIBLE) several times.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The father has not been arrested.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You have the right to protect your daughter and use force to do it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I would have done the same.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He got what he well deserved.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How could this happen? How could you beat a man to death with your bare hands?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) get the results of the autopsy, you know, (INAUDIBLE) trauma to the head, or was it something else?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The sheriff says a grand jury will decide if the father will be charged in this case.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you think this father should be charged?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) don`t ask that question.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The little girl was sexually assaulted.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Took the girl out into some brush and attempted to molest her.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Her father went to look for her.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The father of the young girl then attacked the man after worrying what was happening.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And found her half naked.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: He punched the man several times. The man whose name has not been released died at the scene.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: He catches a child sex predator actually molesting his 5-year-old little girl. Punches the guy, kills him. Now he could face murder charges? What a twist. Lady Justice is crying tonight as far as I`m concerned. This perv got what he asked for.

Straight out to John Phillips, KABC. John, what happened?

JOHN PHILLIPS, HOST, 790 KABC: Well, this was a dramatic incident as you just described where you had a barbecue that was going on in this rural part of Texas just west of Houston. And as this barbecue is going on, a man hears his 5-year-old daughter screaming at the top of her lungs.

He rushes to his daughter to find out what happened, and finds this monster on top of his daughter, allegedly molesting her, right in the act, catching him right there as he`s doing it, and physically intervenes to try to prevent this from going on. Pulls the daughter away from him, punches the guy in the face. He ends up dying due to blunt trauma to the head and the neck and it`s a mess.

GRACE: Joining me also is Jim Lago, morning host at KKTX.

Jim, thank you for being with us, Jim joining us from Corpus Christi.

Jim, you know, I have done a straw poll and everyone I have spoken to, and I did not prejudice them in any way with my question, says the child molester deserved what he got.

JIM LAGO, MORNING HOST, 1360 KKTX: Yes, that`s exactly the sentiment here, too. John described it perfectly. Nobody has any tears to shed for this guy. In fact I ran a poll on my show, 4-year-old, father punches a child molester and he dies, what would he get? Jail time, anger management counseling or father of the year award? It was, like, 96 percent father of the year award.

GRACE: I`m all about father of the year. Because, you know, my head nearly blew off, Jim Lago, when I found out a little bully at John David and Lucy`s class, he`s much smaller than them, hit John David in the head with a block. All right? But I didn`t want to on the front page of the "Enquirer," tracking down the kid in the parking lot. So I held back.

But come on, the father finds this perv actually molesting his 5-year-old little girl. Do you know my children are about to turn 5 years old?

LAGO: Well, I`ve had three -- I have three daughters. OK? And let me tell you, as a father of three daughters, everything rational that you have ever studied, thought of, in your life, completely escapes you when you hear your child scream. And if it`s a terrified scream, you are charged with enough testosterone and energy to power a small city.

GRACE: You know what? You`re right, Lago.

To Caryn Stark, psychologist joining us out of New York.

Caryn, you`ve been with me on many occasions since I had the twins. If I hear a child cry, much less the twins, there`s just something instinctive, I just immediately, even though, say, we`re at the studio or in a restaurant or walking down the street in Manhattan, it`s an instinct that kicks in. And I just don`t think any jury in this country would convict the father. And I agree.

CARYN STARK, PSYCHOLOGIST: And I agree, I strongly agree because it`s so primal, it`s just a basic instinct. Think about a bear with its cubs. There is nothing stronger than the bond between a parent and a child. And not only does he hear her scream, but he actually sees this act going on. What could fuel his adrenaline more than something like that? It`s really a heinous crime.

GRACE: With me right now, special guest Marc Klaas, president and founder of KlaasKids Foundation.

Weigh in, Marc.

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Like he said, he is the father of the year. My concern is more for the little girl. She was traumatized in numerous ways. First, she was taken away to this secret location, then she was molested by this guy and then she watched her father beat this man to death. She`s obviously going to require some counseling and some social services in order to help her put this in context and put her life back together. And I just truly hope that she`s not forgotten and that she receives the services that she requires.

GRACE: You know I notice the control room in New York is continually showing shots of this chicken coup, they obviously are not familiar with life out in the country.

Catherine Torrez, it doesn`t matter if you`re in a big city or if you`re out in the country, or where the molestation happens, you are scarred for life. You can go on and be successful, as you are, at catherinetorrez.com, but what will this child face, Katherine? And to me, I think she`ll be proud of her father.

CATHERINE TORREZ, SURVIVOR OF CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE: I actually think she`ll be proud of her father, too, as she grows older. One of the main things that she`s going to face right now is confusion. Because of all the issues that are surrounding their family right now with her father possibly being in trouble, a little -- possibly maybe even a little bit of guilt, but all of that is something that she will be able to work through with counseling, especially with the support of family --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Well, Catherine, can you imagine what she`ll go through if her father is charged with murder?

And people, this is going to the grand jury. The district attorney refuses to say, hey, this is not a case, I`m not going to put it up. This is actually going to the grand jury to see if they will charge daddy with murder one.

What will this child go through if her father is charged, much less convicted of murder?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: He catches a sexual predator actually molesting his 5-year-old little girl, punches him, and it kills the molester. Now he is facing murder charges? It`s all bass-ackwards tonight in near Corpus Christi, Texas.

Out to Julie in California. Hi, Julie, what`s your question?

JULIE, CALLER FROM CALIFORNIA: do you actually believe that the grand jury will make this man face charges for this?

GRACE: You know what, Julie? My common sense tells me no. But just when I think I know what a jury is going to do, I think, O.J. tot mom. And that, you know, that`s the reality with a jury or a grand jury. You don`t know what they`re going to go.

So, back to you, Jim Lago, joining us out of Corpus Christi, KKTX. When is the prosecutor putting this to the grand jury?

LAGO: Well, wait, wait, wait. Hold on a minute. We`re talking about Texas here. All right? You folks may do this differently in New York or California with O.J. We don`t do that. We got Texas justice going, and it went down. And as far as traumatized little girl, I think she`s going to be really proud of her daddy. I don`t think she is going to be traumatized at all. And I think --

GRACE: Well, Jim, I appreciate that. I don`t know if you`ve been able to hear the rest of the show, but that`s exactly what we`ve been saying. So your sentiment is not just isolated to Texas.

Mark Smith, do I understand correctly that you think the dad should be charged?

SMITH: No, you don`t understand correctly. I said the case should definitely go to grand jury and hopefully the grand jury will return a no bill. It`s still a country of laws, and there`s no death penalty for child molesting yet. And so we`ve got to go by that.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Little girl was sexually assaulted.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Father told authorities that a 47-year-old man who helps with his horses --

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Got together, took the girl out into some brush and attempted to molest her.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: His 4-year-old daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The sheriff of Lavaca County says the father ended up beating the man to death with his bare hands.

GRACE: Absolutely a miscarriage of justice. He catches a sexual predator molesting his daughter, he punches the perv, and it kills him? And now he is getting taken to the grand jury?

We are taking your calls, but I want to go out to the lawyers very quickly, Padowitz, Cohen and Parag Shah.

Darryl, this is a miscarriage of justice.

COHEN: No, Nancy, it`s not. It`s terrific. Because when the grand jury - - and you and I know that grand juries are rubber stamps. When the prosecutors said to those grand jurors, do not indict, they`re going to turn out a no bill which is a lot stronger --

GRACE: OK. Is that true, Ken Padowitz?

PADOWITZ: That`s ridiculous. This prosecution, grow a backbone and ditch this case now. And be the end of it. She`s supposed to be a minister of justice. Give me a break.

GRACE: Agree or disagree, Parag Shah?

SHAH: I agree with Darryl. I think that public opinion is that he is father of the year and the grand jury will solidify that.

GRACE: I agree. District attorney, grow a spine, do the right thing. Don`t put this father through a grand jury.

I agree with you, Ken Padowitz.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:33 AM »

If this is true, and I have no reason to think it is not, then this Father had the right to stop his daughter from being molested.  It is sad all around.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »

I agree with you Sister. The father had every right to protect his daughter.  Prayers for him and his family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:59 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/father-kills-molester-texas-no-charges_n_1610465.html?1340144123&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D171378

June 20, 2012

Father Who Killed Daughter's Alleged Molester Won't Face Charges In Lavaca County, Texas

In declining to indict the 23-year-old father in the June 9 killing of Jesus Mora Flores, a Lavaca County grand jury reached the same conclusion as investigators and many of the father's neighbors: He was authorized to use deadly force to protect his daughter

Glory Hallelujah!!! Now the man and his family can start healing.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/father-kills-molester-texas-no-charges_n_1610465.html?1340144123&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D171378

June 20, 2012

Father Who Killed Daughter's Alleged Molester Won't Face Charges In Lavaca County, Texas

In declining to indict the 23-year-old father in the June 9 killing of Jesus Mora Flores, a Lavaca County grand jury reached the same conclusion as investigators and many of the father's neighbors: He was authorized to use deadly force to protect his daughter

Glory Hallelujah!!! Now the man and his family can start healing.
I am so glad this turned out this way.
 ::justice2NJ::

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »

Great news!!!!! 

I know this entire family will require counseling.  Can you imagine the trust issues these young parents will have with others now.  And the little girl will too.  But, I think she's going to grow up seeing her daddy as a hero and a protector.  And that's the way every little girl sees her daddy.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »

Thank God for loving fathers who protect their child  an angelic monkey

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »

Great news!!!!! 

I know this entire family will require counseling.  Can you imagine the trust issues these young parents will have with others now.  And the little girl will too.  But, I think she's going to grow up seeing her daddy as a hero and a protector.  And that's the way every little girl sees her daddy.

Glad the GJ did the right thing -- otherwise I would have had to eat my 10 gallon hat. 

As a child, Maya Angelou was sexually molested by a "friend" of her mothers.  She recounts this episode in her autobiography, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, which I recommend to anyone who has been a victim of sexual abuse.   When the family found out they were outraged.  The perp was never charged but he has found beaten to death and no one was ever charged in his death.  When Angelou found out what haWppened to the man, she knew it was one or more of her uncles that had killed the man she was so appalled at what her words had caused, she refused to speak for over a year.  There wasn't counseling back then, especially for young black girls, so she was sent to live with her grandmother in Arkansas.  She later was befriended by a woman who was able to help her work through the guilt she felt for causing the perp's death.  What she felt is very common among sexual abuse victims.  So, yes, the whole family will need counseling and especially the little girl.  I hope she gets it but considering where she lives, the services available there are very limited. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.