April 23, 2024, 04:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #655 7/11 - 7/12/2007  (Read 132572 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 07:49:05 AM »

I think the drug bust with LvR is a cover for something much bigger.  If they hauled him in without a visible reason everyone would immediately assume it was to do with Natalee's case.  This way they can make it look like a routine drug bust and not have to explain any further until they are ready.  I would bet that the KLPD is grilling him over more than a few hobby plants!

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 07:52:21 AM »

Yep, I would have the whole operation documented in full, plus some backup protection.  I am sure all this is being well taken care of by Tim and the professionals carrying out the search.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 07:52:47 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
I believe I would have a sharpshooter and someone taking video on board the ship too.  

Just in case the natives get restless.

Good one Peaches.  So sad but so true.  Got to document everything - can't trust anyone.  

I agree re the secrecy on arrival etc.  The problem is that it's gotta be hard for a 350 ft vessel to sneak into any area.   Laughing But I would try to do as much as possible in international waters.  No sense in going onto land and talking to anyone since that would just be a waste of time anyway.

Yep- a sharpshooter and someone with a camera documenting the whole thing.  Works for me.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
I think the drug bust with LvR is a cover for something much bigger.  If they hauled him in without a visible reason everyone would immediately assume it was to do with Natalee's case.  This way they can make it look like a routine drug bust and not have to explain any further until they are ready.  I would bet that the KLPD is grilling him over more than a few hobby plants!

That’s my hope.  Whether he was directly involved or not, people living his lifestyle tend to hear about the dark side of things.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 07:55:37 AM »

Nice talking to you early bird monkeys but it is Bunkey time in this part of the world.  Catch you later in your day.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 07:58:37 AM »

Has anyone ever seen a source for online nautical maps of the waters surrounding Aruba?
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 08:16:25 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Has anyone ever seen a source for online nautical maps of the waters surrounding Aruba?

I can't recall but I bet there are some out there and some smart monkey will find them.

I bet the US Navy has some.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 08:20:47 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I can't recall but I bet there are some out there and some smart monkey will find them.

I bet the US Navy has some.

Last time I did a search I wound up at a Dutch site and got a virus.  Had to clear stuff and re-install IE just to get rid of the thing!   Shocked

I would like to see the water depth, distances from land and currents.  That is going to be a huge undertaking unless there has been a good tip.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 08:23:42 AM »

I've always thought contained and dropped into deep water would be the logical, quick way to dispose of something on Aruba.  But considering how very little any private property was ever searched, who knows....
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »

I agree, Easy.  

It's difficult to get one's head as far up one's ass as would be necessary to make good common sense of the actions and motivations of the "natives".

I'm thinking machine gun on the bow, maybe under a nice blue tarp.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 08:34:20 AM »

M&C thread tops 36,000 views - 36,026.

Good morning.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 08:39:42 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/   07/11/2007

Stolen police laptop found back  

ORANJESTAD – The laptop stolen from the home of a Dutch police official was found back.  Two detectives of the Police Corps Aruba ( KPA ) traveled to the Dominican Republic to recover the laptop, which contains a whole lot of information on the criminality in Aruba and a strategic plan.  

The stolen laptop belonged to an official of KPLD from the Netherlands .  He is in Aruba since March to make a so-called ‘combat criminality’ analysis.  The coordination is with the Public Prosecutor (OM).  Janneke Ponsioen of the OM says that the data on the laptop is especially from public sources, like annual reports.  The reason why the OM , the police, and the Detective Cooperative Team ( RST ) wanted the laptop back is according to her, the amount of time that was put into this analysis.    

Up till now, five persons were arrested in this case and five houses were raided.  In one of the homes it appears that a person had bought the laptop and taken it with other stolen goods to the Dominican Republic .  The Dominican police have arrested this person.

With this investigation, the police have found a group of burglars with a permanent receiver.  The investigation is being continued.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »

I agree, Easy.  

It's difficult to get one's head as far up one's ass as would be necessary to make good common sense of the actions and motivations of the "natives".

I'm thinking machine gun on the bow, maybe under a nice blue tarp.

One thing for sure and that is the internet spokespeople for Aruba have done a damn good job of making the place look like Devil's rock!  I've never read such garbage and then it ends up in print in some "newspaper."  WTH are these people thinking?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

ORANJESTAD – The laptop stolen from the home of a Dutch police official was found back.  Two detectives of the Police Corps Aruba ( KPA ) traveled to the Dominican Republic to recover the laptop, which contains a whole lot of information on the criminality in Aruba and a strategic plan.  

The stolen laptop belonged to an official of KPLD from the Netherlands .  He is in Aruba since March to make a so-called ‘combat criminality’ analysis.  The coordination is with the Public Prosecutor (OM).  Janneke Ponsioen of the OM says that the data on the laptop is especially from public sources, like annual reports.  The reason why the OM , the police, and the Detective Cooperative Team ( RST ) wanted the laptop back is according to her, the amount of time that was put into this analysis.    

Up till now, five persons were arrested in this case and five houses were raided.  In one of the homes it appears that a person had bought the laptop and taken it with other stolen goods to the Dominican Republic .  The Dominican police have arrested this person.

With this investigation, the police have found a group of burglars with a permanent receiver.  The investigation is being continued.

WOW!!!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 08:56:06 AM »

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »

M&C thread tops 36,000 views - 36,026.

Good morning.

MsMarple,

I love your Ms Marple avatar, hope you keep it!

On the Murder and Crime Thread, I hope Dugga can help us put it in a place that is easier to find in the new forum or whatever is coming.  Now one would just about have to know it is in the ICDocuments or have a link to it.  I wish it were located in such a manner that a person from even another country, say The Netherlands for instance  Wink  Rolling Eyes , could just go to the Forum Index and see where it is.

Yes, we are getting a couple of hundred hits a day.   Shocked Some days more.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 09:02:37 AM »

Interesting that they could find a laptop in the Dominican Republic, but they couldn't find a missing girl when they were taken directly to the last people seen with her.  Did they use F16's to find that laptop?
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2007, 09:06:13 AM »

Yes, I thought that recovered laptop article would be good for a few laughs.

Meanwhile, the Comments keep coming in Palm Beach County, Florida. Here is a sample:

MIP
Oranjestad, Aruba  Reply »
|Flag |#48 1 hr ago
Kudos to Palm Beach County Florida in making Mr. Jorge Pesquera the top choice to lead the tourism board for your county.
PBC’s gain will most certainly be Aruba’s lose, as Mr. Pesquera has been a leader by example in his efforts to improve the tourism product for Aruba.

Pay no attention to the 40 some comments from those who claim Mr. Pesquera to be something that he is NOT. Those folks come from a small internet site whose only goal in life is to hate anything and everyone even remotely associated with Aruba. Most of them have never been beyond the city limits of their own hometowns and as the tag line on the site states are “like minded”. Like minded in this case has a couple of meanings, first it means they all share a single brain cell among the active membership of about 50 and secondly it means for the most part they are all xenophobic haters who have nothing more in their miserably lives to do than spend hours daily coming up with ways to “destroy” Aruba. Lastly these like-minded **** are nothing more than keyboard chips, hence the name of the site “Scared **** They spend their days and nights pounding at the keyboards thinking what they do gives some meaning to their empty lives.

Again congratulates in the chose of Mr. Jorge Pesquera to lead the Palm Beach County tourism efforts, I see great things ahead for Palm Beach with Mr. Jorge Pesquera at the helm.

Here is a link to the most current Comments page:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-sun-sentinel/TQHLISI1HSQRHTQMV/p3

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2007, 09:07:43 AM »

Oh, my!  It is certainly telling when even the KLPD is not safe from crime in Aruba.

That comes to mind first and secondly that someone wanted to see the contents of that computer very badly!  And looks like that is one crime they actually bothered to investigate.

The article 2NJ posted yesterday gave that murder rate of 30 per 100,000 with the U.S. only having 7 per 100,000 but then the author goes on about how safe it is in the Caribbean anyway just as though those stats don't count.

And he does NOT take into account other crime.  I certainly don't want to be robbed as KLPD just was, raped or beaten either and it does not address those issues.  Crime in that region is just totally out of control and I think KLPD having their lap top stolen is a good example of that.  Room invasion would frighten most of us, too, especially if we woke up with strangers in the room going through our belongings.

But in a way, I do get a chuckle out of the good ole KLPD having to deal first hand with the crime the tourists are coping with daily.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2007, 09:18:18 AM »

MsMarple,

You debated whether or not to post that very long article on the mafia in Aruba but I tend to agree with Klaas.  It is pretty old information yet some take it to smear everybody with the last name Mansur.

It is so odd how people named Croes, Weaver, etc. can all be non-related and not even know each other and yet everyone named Mansur has to be very, very closely so.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.