March 29, 2024, 02:15:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Janice Klein, 47yrs old missing since 6/22/12 Plano, TX(SAFE)  (Read 11980 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 24, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/18862048/search-underway-for-missing-plano-woman

Search resumes for missing Plano mother

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 5:20 AM PDT Updated: Jun 24, 2012 2:21 PM PDT
By: Kevin Lynch - email
By: Adrian Arambulo - bio | email

Search efforts to find 47 year old Janice Klein resumed Sunday morning. Six hundred volunteers  participated in the efforts to find the missing Plano mother today.

Klein was last seen at her Plano home Friday afternoon at 1:30 pm. When she told her daughter  she was going to sit in the backyard. When family members went to check on her three hours later they say Klein had vanished leaving her personal items, including her purse, cell phone and vehicle.

::snipping2::
Edit to add "safe" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:44:15 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »

Find Janice Klein - FB

http://www.facebook.com/groups/385948761454201/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3798414911668&set=o.385948761454201&type=3&theater

Recent photo:

Another recent:

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/06/janice-klein-missing-from-texas.html

Saturday, June 23, 2012
Janice Klein: Missing from Texas

Janice Klein, 47, has not been seen since she told her daughter she was going to sit in the backyard of her home on the 4500 block of Salerno Circle in Plano, Texas on Friday.

More than 400 volunteers searched for her on Saturday and distributed fliers.  THey focused the search near Park Blvd. and Preston Rd. where a manager at the Williams-Sonoma store told police that a woman that matched Janice's description was seen there on Friday afternoon.

Janice who is a former teacher at Prestonwood Christian Academy, had been suffering from stomach pains and headaches and her family think she might have become disoriented and walked away, leaving her purse, cell phone and vehicle behind.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »

http://www.kcentv.com/story/18863691/neighbors-search-for-missing-plano-woman

Neighbors Search for Missing Plano Woman
Posted: Jun 23, 2012 3:44 PM CDT Updated: Jun 23, 2012 3:44 PM CDT

(NBCDFW) -- Neighbors and friends from the Janice Klein's church spent Saturday searching for the missing woman from Plano.

They showed up at the Klein home in the Preston Meadows and Spring Creek area around sunrise. They started taking fliers to homes and businesses in the area after their friend basically vanished.

"Her keys, car, credit cards phone are all here. We're all just wanting to know where she is this morning," Klein's husband Robert said.

Robert Klein says he left his house around 1:30 Friday afternoon. His wife Janice and daughter were home. When he got back around 4:00 p.m., he asked where his wife was. His daughter didn't see her leave. Neighbors said they hadn't seen her. Klein said his wife hadn't been feeling great lately suffering from headaches but there was no indication she would take off.

Plano Police say there's also no evidence of foul play.

The first possible lead came late Saturday morning. A manager from a nearby Williams Sonoma, told volunteers with fliers he may have seen Janice Klein in his store Friday afternoon. That's it so far.

"We don't know where to turn," says Robert Klein.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-search-continues-for-missing-plano-woman-20120623,0,7662008.story

Search Continues for Missing Plano Woman

Charles Bassett
Charles.Bassett@cw33.com
9:56 p.m. CDT, June 23, 2012

Plano, Texas—
The last 24 hours have been tough for Robert Klein as he struggles to find out what happened to his wife, Janice Klein, 47.

"She's just the most wonderful wife and mom and she's dedicated her whole adult life to raising two great kids and we just want her home", he said.

"We're just at a loss. I mean she wasn't feeling very well she had migraine headaches on and off. Nothing like this ever before has ever happened so we're just at a loss as to where she could be", Klein said.

She didn't take her cellphone, purse, or any cash or credit cards with her.

"She has trouble with her feet. She just never leaves anywhere without her phone. And it's painful for her to walk long distances. That is just something I just don't think she would do", Robert Klein said.

There was a possible sighting of Klein Friday at the William-Sonoma store on Preston Road in Plano but there is no video.

Police say they don't know if Klein left voluntarily or against her will but they still need to find her.

"There's nothing definitive to lead us to believe foul play is suspected. But we do not want to take that chance. We want to put out every available resource we have to return her safely to her family", said Andrae Smith with the Plano Police Department.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for her safe return.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2012/jun/24/search-missing-person-janice-klein-plano-continues/?refscroll=662

Sunday, June 24, 2012
Search for missing person Janice Klein of Plano continues

Police say they do not have any developments in the case, other than a possible sighting this weekend at Williams Sonoma that has not been confirmed. Volunteers have handed out 9,000 missing person fliers in the area, and PegNews staffer Shannon Sutlief says that she received a phone call recording about Klein's disappearance.

Klein's husband Robert Klein told NBCDFW his wife "hadn’t been feeling great lately suffering from headaches but there was no indication she would take off."

The search team is based at the Daffron Elementary school gym in Plano. Volunteers say that anyone who can help look for Klein can join the search. They will start Monday, June 25 at 8 a.m.

Police ask anyone with information to call 972-424-5678 or 911.

Her family has offered a $10,000 reward for information about Klein's whereabouts, WFAA reports.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »

http://www.kens5.com/news/160187875.html

Urgent search continues for missing Plano woman
Posted on June 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Updated today at 6:05 PM

PLANO — Plano police have asked for the public's help to find a woman who vanished on Friday afternoon.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter and a search and rescue team with dogs joined the search for Janice Klein, 47, who hasn't been seen since she told her daughter she was going to sit in the backyard of her home in the 4500 block of Salerno Circle.

Klein was home with her daughter Friday afternoon when she mentioned at two p.m. she was going to the backyard.   Klein's husband, Robert Klein came home around two hours later.  The family called police at 5:30 p.m. after not hearing from the wife and mother. 

Police are  trying to figure out what happened.
Some of the volunteer teams focused on the area near Park Boulevard and Preston Road, more than three miles from Klein's home, where a manager at the Williams-Sonoma store told police that a woman matching her description was seen on Friday afternoon.

No surveillance video was available, but  investigators were talking with the manager.  Another person reported a possible sighting Saturday afternoon about a mile away from the Klein home.  Officers checked both tips, but they were not successful.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3636659074282&set=o.385948761454201&type=3&theater

Jennifer Easter Harrison posted to Find Janice Klein
about an hour ago

We are so very grateful to Ross Perot, Jr. for providing the use of his helicopter this afternoon as we continue the search for our sweet Janice. Please, PLEASE continue to pray that God has his loving arms wrapped around her and that HE will lead her to us, or us to her. AMEN!!
80 people like this.

Barbara Brown Williams I work for Dell in Plano (use to be Perot Systems). I have flyers to post through out the complex at work tomorrow (Custer & Plano Pkwy). The Perot's are wonderful, giving people. God Bless them!
45 minutes ago via mobile · 9

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-search-continues-for-missing-plano-woman-20120623,0,7662008.story

Search Continues for Missing Plano Woman
9:56 p.m. CDT, June 23, 2012

She was home with her daughter and told the daughter she was going to the back yard. About two hours later, when Klein's husband and son got home, they started looking for her but she was nowhere to be found.

She didn't take her cellphone, purse, or any cash or credit cards with her.

"She has trouble with her feet. She just never leaves anywhere without her phone. And it's painful for her to walk long distances. That is just something I just don't think she would do", Robert Klein said.
Police brough out extra officers to comb the neighborhood; a police dog searched the back yard, and a police helicopter circled the neighborhood broadcasting information about Klein.

The biggest help to police now is coming from family and friends of the missing woman. They turned the couple's home into a staging area. They outlined a grid map of Plano and dozens of volunteers came in and out all day Saturday picking up flyers and going door-to-door throughout the city handing them out.

They fear time is running out and they want as many people as possible to be on the lookout for Klein.

"We need residents to check your backyards, check your shed your cars your garages, and double check them", said family friend Paul Harrison.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

Video at link

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Husband-of-Missing-Plano-Woman--Lets-Find-Her-Today-160172725.html

Husband: "Let's Find Her Today"
Day two of full blown search continues for wife, mother of two missing since Friday afternoon
Sunday, Jun 24, 2012  |  Updated 8:22 PM CDT

Robert Klein had few words Sunday morning as people started showing up to try to help find his wife.

"There are no words to describe the numbness that we feel without our wife, mother, daughter, friend," said Klein. "We're devastated to know Janice has been missing since Friday but we're grateful and will forever be in awe of the love of our friends and our community."

And that community started showing up at an elementary school gym by the hundreds before 8:00 a.m. They grabbed maps and assignments to search greenbelts and neighborhoods within several miles of the Klein's home.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:14 PM »

Video at link

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Volunteers-battle-sweltering-heat-in-search-for-missing-Plano-woman-160188325.html

Heat adds desperation to search for missing Plano mom
Posted on June 24, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Updated today at 8:34 PM

More than 600 people joined the search Sunday from a command post set up at Daffron Elementary School, including Klein's husband and children.

"When you look over and see one of the children out, they're right there with everybody else," said family spokesman Paul Harrison. "They want her more than anybody."

Police worry that Klein might have become disoriented because she had been struggling with headaches and stomach pain.

Volunteers thoroughly checked the area around Klein's home and also revisited the Williams-Sonoma store at Park Boulevard and Preston Road, where a manager told police a woman matching the missing woman's description entered the store on Friday afternoon.

Police also received another tip from someone who thought they might have seen Klein near the corner of Preston Road and Charles Place, 1.3 miles north of the Williams-Sonoma store and before she was seen at that establishment.

Investigators are also checking Klein's cell phone and computer for any possible clues. Hospitals and shelters are also being monitored.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/06/24/search-for-missing-plano-mom-grows/

Video at link

Search For Missing Plano Mom Grows
June 24, 2012 10:18 PM

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - Volunteers are searching an area in North Dallas, where a missing Plano mother may have been seen.

Family spokesperson, Paul Harrison, said Plano police had received three tips of her walking in the area bordered by Frankford, Hillcrest, McCallum, and Coit streets sometime between 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Sunday.  The tips are consistent enough, he said, that they are raising hopes.

More than a thousand volunteers joined the search for 47-year- old Janice Klein Sunday.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »

With the migraines she was having, wonder if she just got disoriented and walked off? 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »

With the migraines she was having, wonder if she just got disoriented and walked off? 

Quite possible.  Tim Miller, Texas Equusearch, is there helping with the search!  Ross Perot paid for the helicopter to search for her! WOW!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

oops, looked at the article again...the low flying helicopter is on loan from Ross Perot. 
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »

Sometimes people are misdiagnosed with migraines when they really have other, more severe health issues.  I hope she's found soon.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 01:13:08 AM »

JANICE IS FOUND!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:13 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missing-Plano-Woman-Found-160203855.html

Missing Plano Woman Found
Janice Klein reportedly located at hospital.
Sunday, Jun 24, 2012  |  Updated 11:51 PM CDT

A family spokesperson tells NBCDFW that Missing Plano mother Janice Klein has been located.  She is now in a local hospital.  Spokesperson Paul Harrison declined to say which hospital.  Her condition was not immediately known.

Janice Klein disappeared Friday. On Sunday, the family released a recent home video from a cruise they took.

Plano Police Spokesperson Andrae Smith said another police agency found Klein.

A media briefing has been scheduled at 12:30 a.m. in Plano.  Look for more information on NBCDFW.com and on NBC 5 Today from 4:30-7:00 a.m. Monday morning.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 01:54:44 AM »

Great news!   

So glad they found her, hope she's o.k.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.