April 20, 2024, 02:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listeria prompts recall of 1,000 cases of Dole bagged salads  (Read 3116 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« on: June 25, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »

June 25 '12

Dole Fresh Vegetables has recalled 1,077 cases of bagged salads sold at Kroger and Wal-Mart stores in six states because of concerns about potential listeria contamination.

No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall. The products carry a best-use date of June 19, 2012, and should have already been removed from retailers' shelves, but consumers should make sure they don't have the products at home.

The products being recalled are Kroger Fresh Selections Greener Supreme coded N158 211B 1613 KR04 and UPC 11110 91039; Kroger Fresh Selections Leafy Romaine coded N158 111B KR11 and UPC 11110 91046 and Wal-Mart Marketside Leafy Romaine coded N158111B and UPC code 81131 02781.

The product code and use-by date are in the upper right-hand corner of the package; the UPC code is on the back of the package, below the bar code. The salads were distributed in Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

The precautionary recall was initiated after a product in North Carolina tested positive for listeria, Dole officials said in a press release.

Listeria monocytogenes is a pathogen that can cause foodborne illness, particularly in pregnant women and adults with weakened immune systems. Symptoms of infection may include fever, muscle aches and stomach problems including nausea and diarrhea.

Dole officials are cooperating with the federal Food and Drug Administration. This is the second time in three months that Dole has recalled bagged salad because of contamination concerns. On April 14, the company recalled 756 cases of Seven Lettuces Salad because of potential salmonella contamination.

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/25/12399144-listeria-prompts-recall-of-1000-cases-of-dole-bagged-salads?lite
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »

I prefer Fresh Express.........

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.