April 15, 2024, 10:18:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen prostitutes rescued, pimps held, in FBI sweep  (Read 1834 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« on: June 25, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »

June 25 '12

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Seventy-nine teenagers held against their will and forced into prostitution were rescued at hotels, truck stops and storefronts in a three-day sweep of sex-trafficking rings across the United States, law enforcement officials said on Monday.

The FBI said 104 alleged pimps were arrested during sting operations in 57 U.S. cities including Atlanta, Sacramento, and Toledo, Ohio. The operation lasted between Thursday and Saturday and involved state and local authorities as well as the FBI.

The teenagers, aged from 13 to 17 years old, were being held in custody until they could be placed with child welfare organizations. They were all U.S. citizens and included 77 girls and two boys, the FBI said.

One of the minors recovered in the sweep reported being involved in prostitution from the age of 11, according to Kevin Perkins, acting executive assistant director of the FBI's Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch.

He said the cases were not "one-off" incidents, but evidence of "criminal enterprises" that lure minors in, often through social media, hold them against their will through threats to them or their families, and then traffic them through different U.S. cities.

Child prostitution is "a problem that happens in all kinds of American cities and it happens to American kids," said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

"People in this country believe it is only a problem that happens somewhere else," he said.

He estimated that at least 100,000 minors were victims of child prostitution and trafficking each year but said assessments were hampered due to under-reporting and other data complications.  ::snipping2:: 

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-prostitutes-rescued-pimps-held-fbi-sweep-210737236.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

OMG!  How many of those teens have been reported as missing or runaway?  What is wrong with people to do this to children?  I just don't understand.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 01:15:34 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/fbi-rescues-7-kids-held-as-sex-slaves-in-us/?test=latestnews
FBI saves 79 kids held as sex slaves in US

Published June 25, 2012

The minors – two of whom were boys, the rest girls – were taken from 57 different cities during “Operation Cross Country” raids on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The youngest kid was 13, while another told of being held as a sex slave since age 11, said Kevin Perkins, the head of the FBI’s criminal division.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 01:20:05 AM »

I wonder if this thread is related?
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13255.0

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.