April 24, 2024, 12:56:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Newbold 6 yrs old missing 6/26/12 West Jordan, Utah (Found Deceased)  (Read 21680 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 28, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-girl-6-found-dead-canal-home-sexual-assault-police-article-1.1103674
Utah girl, 6, found dead in canal near home after sexual assault: police
June 27, 2012

Sierra Newbold, 6, was reported missing Tuesday from her home in West Jordan, Utah. Authorities are now searching for a suspect.

A 6-year-old girl found dead in a canal near her home was sexually assaulted, and authorities are now searching for a suspect, police said Wednesday.

Police in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Jordan said the girl was reported missing by her mother early Tuesday morning. On Wednesday, police ruled Sierra Newbold’s death a homicide and said an autopsy determined she had been sexually assaulted.

“At this time no suspects have been identified and we do not have any persons of interest,” Police Chief Doug Diamond said Wednesday.

He said that while residents in the area shouldn’t panic, “there’s obviously a predator out there.”
 ::snipping2::
Diamond said the girl’s parents, Kathy and Brad Newbold, have been cooperating in the investigation. He asked the public to respect the family’s privacy at this time, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

Reed Newbold, the girl’s grandfather, said her mother found her missing from her bedroom early Tuesday.

“We don’t have any idea” how the girl disappeared or whether she was taken from the bedroom, Reed Newbold told The Associated Press. “It’s a complete mystery.”

The parents “are devastated by this,” he said. No working telephone number could be found for the parents, and authorities had cordoned off the neighborhood with police tape and patrol cars, where pink and purple ribbons hung on trees and mailboxes.
Officers found Sierra’s body in the canal about a block from her home, just 30 minutes after her mother “discovered she was not there and called us,” police Sgt. Drew Sanders said.

Sanders declined to comment on any possible motive in the case. Investigators also are withholding a precise chain of events leading to the girl’s disappearance.
Police have said there were no signs of a break-in at the family’s home, and they declined to release any more details about the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:01:29 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/27/utah-6-year-old-found-dead-in-canal-was-murdered-police-say/
Utah 6-year-old who disappeared from bedroom found dead
June 28, 2012

WEST JORDAN, Utah –  A 6-year-old Utah girl was found dead in a canal Tuesday after her mother reported her missing from her bedroom.

Police say Sierra Newbold was sexually assaulted, murdered and left in the canal near her home in West Jordan, a suburb of Salt Lake City, Fox 13 reports.

The girl's grandfather tells The Associated Press the child's mother went into her bedroom at about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning and Sierra was gone.

"We don't have any idea how the girl disappeared or whether she was taken from the bedroom," Reed Newbold told The Associated Press. "It's a complete mystery."

Police say they found the child's body in the canal just 30 minutes after her mother reported her missing. An autopsy revealed she had been sexually assaulted and investigators officially ruled her death a homicide Wednesday.

Police Chief Doug Diamond says at this point investigators have no suspects, but believe the murder was an isolated incident.
Police say the child's parents are cooperating in the investigation, and Newbold says the parents are not suspects.

Police said there were no signs of a break-in at the family's home, but declined to provide further details of the investigation

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »

This all happened so quick we didn't even have a thread for her.  RIP Sierra

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/28/utah-authorities-search-for-suspect-in-killing-sexual-assault-6-year-old-girl/

Utah authorities search for suspect in killing, sexual assault of 6-year-old girl

Published June 28, 2012

Authorities in Utah are searching for a suspect in the killing and sexual assault of a 6-year-old girl after she was found dead in a canal a block from her family’s home.

Police say an autopsy revealed that Sierra Newbold, 6, from West Jordan, a suburb of Salt Lake City, was sexually assaulted and murdered in a 30-minute span from when her mother reported her missing from her bedroom, to her being found dead in a canal.

Police Chief Doug Diamond says at this point investigators have no suspects, but believe the murder was an isolated incident. The Salt Lake Tribune reports that even family members were not ruled out as potential suspects.

Police say the child's parents are cooperating in the investigation. Authorities are studying surveillance video around the family’s home to aid the investigation, Fox 13 reports.

Diamond says that while residents in the area shouldn't panic, "there's obviously a predator out there."

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:15:15 AM by klaasend » Logged
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »

Poor sweet baby.   
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »

My heart hurts so much for this precious little girl.  I am so sick of perverts doing this to our children.  There HAS to be something that we can do about this.  There just has to be. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:44 AM »

Muffy we both started a thread.  I put it in Missing Found Deceased as that is how it began.  Just they found her body very quickly.  I"ll merge the two threads.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »

Muffy we both started a thread.  I put it in Missing Found Deceased as that is how it began.  Just they found her body very quickly.  I"ll merge the two threads.

Sure. 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:42 AM »

‘Monsters’: No leads yet in West Jordan girl’s assault, death
First Published Jun 27 2012 11:06 am

Police found Sierra’s body on Tuesday about 8 a.m. in a canal about a block from her home. The discovery occurred about 30 minutes after her mother reported the girl missing from the family’s home, near 2400 West and 7100 South. There were no obvious signs of a break-in at the home, police said.

At the time the mother called police, her husband had already left for work, Dia­mond said, but a younger sister and an older brother were home. He didn’t know if Sierra might have been specifically targeted.

http://**/sltrib/news/54385955-78/police-sierra-sanders-west.html.csp

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »

‘Monsters’: No leads yet in West Jordan girl’s assault, death
First Published Jun 27 2012 11:06 am

Police found Sierra’s body on Tuesday about 8 a.m. in a canal about a block from her home. The discovery occurred about 30 minutes after her mother reported the girl missing from the family’s home, near 2400 West and 7100 South. There were no obvious signs of a break-in at the home, police said.

At the time the mother called police, her husband had already left for work, Dia­mond said, but a younger sister and an older brother were home. He didn’t know if Sierra might have been specifically targeted.

http://**/sltrib/news/54385955-78/police-sierra-sanders-west.html.csp

Oh no, I have a starred article. 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »

Well, when I preview the post it does not show the offenders...but, at the following link you can view the sex offenders in that particular area.

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-West-Jordan-Utah.html

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:40 AM »

Obituary: NEWBOLD, SIERRA

Sierra Lynn Newbold"Our Sweet Angel"West Jordan, UtahOur precious daughter, sister, and friend Sierra was tragically taken from us on June 26, 2012 in West Jordan, Utah. She was born November 8, 2005 in Salt Lake City, to Kathy and Brad Newbold. Sierra was outgoing and made friends everywhere she went. She was eager to grow up, drive, and get her "very own" cell phone. She loved to draw and was an incredible artist at a very young age. She loved dancing, hiking, and being active. She loved life and lived it to the fullest. She was a proud member of the West Jordan Youth Soccer team "Orange Crush". She learned to read and loved reading while in kindergarten and was looking forward to starting first grade. Her best friend was her little sister, Taylor. They did everything together. She had the amazing ability to make everyone happy with her big brown eyes and her beautiful smile. Those looking forward to seeing her again are her Mom and Dad, (Kathy and Brad), Sisters Aubrey, Jami, and Taylor, her incredible Big Brother Troy, "Stepbrother" Bobby, Grandma and Grandpa Newbold (Reed and Francis), Grandma and Grandpa Mahoney (Dan and Pat); several Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Friends. Those rejoicing with her in a sweet reunion are her Grandma Newbold (Enid), Aunt Sydni, Uncles Brian and Neal, and Cousin Heather. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday June 30, at the West Jordan 27th Ward, 2666 West 7000 South. A viewing will be held from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, June 29th at the church as well as an hour and a half prior to services on Saturday. The family would like to thank the outpouring of love, prayers, and support from our family, neighborhood family, and community. Sierra will leave a huge hole in the hearts of everyone who knew her. She will be deeply missed and is loved dearly by her family and friends.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765586510/Obituary-NEWBOLD-SIERRA.html?pg=all

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »

Here is the canal that is taped off...I looked up the approximate location and am guessing that the canal runs behind the home. 

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/sierra-newbold-murder-6262012-west-jordan-ut-her-body-was-found-in-the-canal-autopsy-showed-she-was-sexually-assaulted-and-murdered/

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:59:37 AM »

There are pictures of Sierra with her family here, I just didn't know if I should post them:

http://411bookworm.blogspot.com/2012/06/tragedy-of-girl-6-who-vanished-from-her.html

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »

Sierra Newbold was reported missing at 7:27 a.m. A short time later West Jordan police were knocking on neighbor's doors asking for their help in finding the six year old. Ruby Farnworth told ABC 4 she and other neighbors went out looking for Sierra but it wasn't long before they were told they could stop searching. "Other neighbors who were out looking told us they found her body and that we could stop looking," said Farnworth. Less than an hour after she was reported missing, and less than 200 feet from her home, the body of the missing six year old was found.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Body-of-missing-6-year-old-girl-found-at-West/gFM5DZAZw0m40WLy9ktncw.cspx

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »

Sierra Newbold was reported missing at 7:27 a.m. A short time later West Jordan police were knocking on neighbor's doors asking for their help in finding the six year old. Ruby Farnworth told ABC 4 she and other neighbors went out looking for Sierra but it wasn't long before they were told they could stop searching. "Other neighbors who were out looking told us they found her body and that we could stop looking," said Farnworth. Less than an hour after she was reported missing, and less than 200 feet from her home, the body of the missing six year old was found.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Body-of-missing-6-year-old-girl-found-at-West/gFM5DZAZw0m40WLy9ktncw.cspx

Updated: 6/27 2:45 am | Published: 6/26 10:41 am

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:44 AM »

Investigators gather evidence in an area that burned Saturday next to the canal in West Jordan where the body of a 6-year-old girl was found Tuesday, June 26, 2012.

Published: Wednesday, June 27 2012 5:25 p.m. MDT

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558174/West-Jordan-6-year-old-was-sexually-assaulted-murdered-police-say.html

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »

Home taped off. 

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558174/West-Jordan-6-year-old-was-sexually-assaulted-murdered-police-say.html

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »

Building by the canal.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:05 AM »

A view leading into the canal?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.