March 28, 2024, 03:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Newbold 6 yrs old missing 6/26/12 West Jordan, Utah (Found Deceased)  (Read 21645 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »

Investigators gather evidence in an area that burned Saturday next to the canal in West Jordan where the body of a 6-year-old girl was found Tuesday, June 26, 2012.

Published: Wednesday, June 27 2012 5:25 p.m. MDT

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558174/West-Jordan-6-year-old-was-sexually-assaulted-murdered-police-say.html
It looks like somebody had set up a "camp".
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »

The fire is likely from this (fires are all over Utah):

WEST JORDAN — Even as firefighters battle a more than 6,000-acre blaze in Eagle Mountain, authorities are responding to a three- alarm fire at about 2305 W. 7095 S. in West Jordan.
June 23rd, 2012 @ 2:23pm

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20966958

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:43 PM »

WEST JORDAN — Even as firefighters battle a more than 6,000-acre blaze in Eagle Mountain, authorities are responding to a three- alarm fire at about 2305 W. 7095 S. in West Jordan.

Thanks, I didn't realize Utah was having such a tough time too.  These are awful times in so many ways 
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »

Thanks, I didn't realize Utah was having such a tough time too.  These are awful times in so many ways 

Oh, don't worry...I didn't know either.  I went to investigate that further and saw it. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 12:29:29 AM »

http://fox13now.com/2012/06/28/neighbors-friends-help-family-of-murdered-w-jordan-girl/

Neighbors, friends help family of murdered W. Jordan girl
Posted on: 6:26 pm, June 28, 2012, by Aaron Vaughn

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/28/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Teardrop Rapist Sought in L.A.; Manhunt for Utah Predator; Live Better Now; Salute to Troops
Aired June 28, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

::snipping2::
Plus, tragedy strikes a small Utah town as a beautiful 6-year-old girl is found dead, sexually assaulted, her body left in a canal. Cops made the gruesome discovery just half an hour after her mother reported her missing. With no sign of a break-in and no suspects, how will cops stop this killer who is still on the loose? And could the key be in a precise chain of events that cops are withholding? We`ll have the latest.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight cops put a quaint Utah community on high alert as they hunt for the monster who kidnapped, sexually assaulted and then murdered this adorable, beautiful, angelic 6-year-old girl.

Investigators say this terrible crime took place in West Jordan, only about 14 miles outside Salt Lake City, Utah. Cops say little Sierra Newbold`s body was found just about half an hour after her mother reported her missing. Cops say there was no sign of a break-in at the house.

Listen to this from ABC`s "Good Morning America".

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And police have yet to identify any suspects after the brutal killing of a 6-year-old girl in Utah who disappeared from her bedroom. Sierra Newbold`s body was found in a canal near her home less than one hour after her mother reported her missing. She had been sexually assaulted --
(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cops say, quote, "There`s obviously a predator out there that is a monster that has murdered a child." Straight out to Sergeant Drew Sanders with the West Jordan Police Department; Sergeant thank you for joining us tonight on this really tragic gut-wrenching story. What`s the latest you can tell us? What have you learned? Have you been able to eliminate anybody as suspects? Do you have a suspect? Do you have a motive?

SERGEANT DREW SANDERS, WEST JORDAN POLICE DEPARTMENT (via telephone): Well, right now our investigation is just continuing through its normal course. We are not really discussing anyone in the way of suspects or anything like that at this point. We have not identified a person of interest or named a suspect at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, little Sierra was found about a block from her house. So we`re going to show you a map right now. That would take absolutely no time to walk. Cops say they even have surveillance images from Sierra`s house that they hope will lead them to the suspect.

So, Steve Moore, former FBI agent, there`s apparently according to published reports no sign of a break-in to the house. Ok. The body is discovered in a canal just a block from her home only 30 minutes after her mother discovered she was not there. What thoughts occur to you with that?

STEVE MOORE, FORMER FBI AGENT: The thoughts that occur to me are that this is not likely one of those cases where the parents are going to be big suspects because usually when the parents are involved or something, the child is not found. This is somebody who took the child and did horrible things and left. That`s why the child was found so close by.

I think the fact that the police are calling this a predator out there -- they`re not going to say that if they`re not sure that it`s somebody outside the house. I think when they say they haven`t identified a person of interest or a suspect it doesn`t mean they don`t have one. It means they haven`t identified them.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, look, cops are still looking for everyone as a suspect. They haven`t eliminated anyone. But even though stranger abductions are rare, they do happen.

And I think we all remember the tragic case of little Jessica Lunsford, the girl known as the girl in the pink hat. Listen to her father, Mark Lunsford -- one of my heroes -- pleading for her return.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MARK LUNSFORD: I just ask you to please help me find my daughter and bring her home.
END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It turned out Jessica`s neighbor, John Couey, a convicted sex offender broke into her room, kidnapped her and kept her hidden in the trailer right across the street as police searched the area even knocking at one point on that trailer door. And then he buried her alive with her teddy bear. It was one of the most horrific cases. It just kills me to even repeat those facts.

But, Wendy Murphy, do you see a parallel here to that kind of case? A stranger abduction?

MURPHY: Yes. And you know, I don`t usually say that on your show in these cases. Jane, we`ve had too many of these kinds of stories, girls disappearing from their beds in the middle of the night. I`m always primarily suspicious about the parents, drugs and all this stuff.

But this does seem a little bit different. I agree. And the good news is -- I know this is weird to call it good news -- but because the child was found so quickly and there was a sexual assault, there`s at least a chance that there will be forensic evidence. And I do think that there was code in the investigator`s description of "we don`t yet have a suspect to announce". I think they know what happened. And that`s a good thing for any other little kids in the area.

I`m sure the parents in that region are terrified. It`s unusual, but when it happens, this is pretty much what it looks like.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, this also shares some commonality with another unsolved case. We all remember this one. Little missing Isabel Celis from Arizona; she was snatched from her bedroom. And her parents made desperate pleas to anyone who might have kidnapped her for ransom.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SERGIO CELIS, FATHER OF ISABEL CELIS: We are cooperating to the fullest extent with the investigation. We are increasing the reward. Just please, please to the person or persons who have Isabel, tell us your demands. Tell us what you want.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s a little bit different because cops are still hunting for little Isabel Celis. And Utah police say that Sierra`s mom, brother and sister were home when she was reported missing, but her dad had already left for work.

So Sergeant Drew Sanders, in terms of DNA, have you gotten -- because as Wendy Murphy said, this angelic child`s body was recovered so quickly -- have you been able to get DNA given it was a sexual assault? Have you been able to see if there`s a match to that DNA?

SANDERS: Well, we have gathered evidence. Unfortunately, I can`t really discuss what that evidence is at this point in the investigation. But understandably DNA is something that takes a while just to analyze and to grow and get it into a condition where you can start making matches with it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you think this is a stranger abduction?

SANDERS: I think I can`t comment on what I think at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, the only thing we know is that this beautiful -- look at this smiling face. It just makes me so heartsick to have to report that this little child is dead. Whatever happened to her, happened quickly; that`s the only thing that we can go to for any kind of solace that she`s in a better place right now we hope.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »

Any news lately?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:20 AM »

http://**/sltrib/news/54441944-78/police-sanders-sierra-girl.html.csp

11 days later, police mum on Utah girl’s murder investigation

First Published Jul 06 2012 08:23 am • Updated 6 hours ago
Eleven days after 6-year-old Sierra Newbold was found dead in a West Jordan canal, police say they’re investigating all 95 tips called into a public hot line but won’t say how close they are to making an arrest.  ::snipping2::

"The investigation is progressing, although answers are slow in coming," said Sgt. Drew Sanders in a news release Friday morning, adding the case remains the department’s "top priority."   ::snipping2::

Investigators declined to release further information on their progress in the case, citing the need to "maintain the integrity of the investigation." Sierra’s family "remains very cooperative" and they continue to assist police, Sanders said.

Officers also asked anyone with information that could help solve the crime to call the tip line 801-256-2211.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:48 AM »

oops........can I post that???? Yes Nut, it's okay to post now.  Klaas is leaving the filters in place, though.  MB
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:14:24 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »

I keep waiting to hear that this case has been solved.  No one should be able to take a child from her bedroom and thirty minutes later the child be dead.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »

http://fox13now.com/2012/07/07/neighbors-hold-yard-sale-to-help-family-of-murdered-w-jordan-girl/

Neighbors hold yard sale to help family of murdered W. Jordan girl
Posted on: 4:36 pm, July 7, 2012

WEST JORDAN, Utah – As police continue their investigation into the murder of 6-year-old Sierra Newbold, friends and neighbors organized a yard sale on Saturday to help her family.

Police haven’t released much new information in their investigation beyond saying that they’re following up on dozens of tips in Sierra’s murder. Some are getting worried that there haven’t been any arrests, but their focus on Saturday was on Sierra’s parents Brad and Kathy.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/06/ng.01.html
Utah Girl`s Body Found 30 Minutes After Missing Report
Aired July 6, 2012 - 20:00:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, to Salt Lake City suburbs. A parent`s worst nightmare, Daddy heads to work, Mommy at home with the children 7:00 AM when Mommy notices 6-year-old Sierra missing from her own bedroom. Mommy immediately makes a frantic 911 call.

Bombshell tonight. Just 30 minutes later, Sierra`s tiny body found just one block from home, dumped into a canal, investigators seizing surveillance video from inside the family home the day Sierra vanishes.

Who snatched and murdered the little girl with the big brown eyes, 6- year-old Sierra? Tonight, we want justice.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What happened to 6-year-old Sierra Newbold?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Six-year-old girl disappeared.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her parents reported her missing after they didn`t find her in her bedroom.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The 6-year-old was taken from her home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Less than one hour after her mother reported her missing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She was found dead by police in a nearby canal.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sexually assaulted, murdered and dumped in a canal.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The body shows no significant signs of trauma.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But she was just always smiling, always running around.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police say the home shows no signs of a break- in.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know what has happened.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Now police are searching for clues, looking for answers.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In a prepared statement, her father wrote, quote, "Our family is devastated. We are cooperating fully with the police in the hope that the responsible person is ultimately arrested and prosecuted."

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police say they have no person of interest.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have not identified a person of interest or named a suspect at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Who killed 6-year-old Sierra Newbold?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Tonight, the investigation begins. Salt Lake City suburbs, a parent`s worst nightmare, Daddy heading to work, Mommy at home with the children, 7:00 AM, Mommy notices 6-year-old Sierra missing from her bedroom. Immediately, Mommy makes a frantic 911 call. But just 30 minutes later, the body of Sierra found just one block away, dumped in a local canal. What happened?

We are taking your calls? Straight out to John Phillips, talk show host joining us from KABC. John, what do you know?

JOHN PHILLIPS, KABC RADIO: Well, at this point, Nancy, there`s a lot more that we don`t know than what we do know. But by all accounts, this is an all-American family in an all-American neighborhood, where Daddy wakes up in the morning, like you would do on any normal day, goes to work. Mom`s at home with the kids.

And then to her shock, around 7:30 in the morning, she discovers that her daughter, her precious daughter is not in her bedroom. She panics. She calls police. Police come. And 30 minutes later, they find the body of this little angel dead by a canal. We later found out that she was also sexually molested.

GRACE: You know, I want to narrow down the timeline. To Jim Kirkwood, host with KTKK. Jim, I`m trying to narrow down the last time they saw, actually saw, the little girl. Was it when they put her to bed the night before? When was it?

JIM KIRKWOOD, KTKK (via telephone): That is our understanding, Nancy. It was the night before. And then the mother goes in in the morning, 7:00- ish, to get her going for the day, and she`s gone. And you can imagine how she felt.

GRACE: Do we have any idea, Jim, what happened the night before? Did they go to the mall? Did they go to a ball game? What happened the night before, and what happened that morning? Any idea?

KIRKWOOD: We do actually have a really good idea. The family had installed surveillance cameras, and the police are examining them and have called in the FBI for enhancement and help in that. And they`re examining those surveillance -- the home`s surveillance system to see who came and went and when the girl left.

GRACE: Well, that would say to me, Ellie Jostad, also on the story, that if they had surveillance like nannycams in the home, they would also have burglar alarms.

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Yes, Nancy, you`d think that those two things would go hand in hand, although police haven`t said -- you know, they`re saying that this was a surveillance security system in the home, although they won`t tell us, you know, where exactly those cameras were positioned, whether they were inside or outside of the home, although it does sound like there were cameras inside, whether or not they would have captured someone driving by, a vehicle pulling into the driveway, those sort of things.

Those investigative details police are keeping silent on right now because they want to preserve this investigation.

GRACE: Out to the lines. David in Georgia. Hi, David. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hi, Nancy. First, thank you for being my hero and my inspiration. I have to tell you, Nancy, this absolutely makes me sick to my stomach. This child -- if they do have the surveillance cameras in the home, I would agree with you, they should have an alarm system on the house. And do I understand that the father left for work just a short time before she was found missing?

GRACE: That`s exactly correct. Back to you, Ellie Jostad. Give me the father`s movements again? I think he left that morning shortly before her body was found.

JOSTAD: Well, Nancy, we don`t exactly what time Father left for work. That`s a question we`ve asked police. It`s something they won`t discuss. Like I said, they don`t want to release the specific timeline of when Dad left for work, whether or not he checked on her. But we do know that he was an electrician. It`s very possible he had to be at a job site very early that morning. So I don`t know how soon after he left the house that Mom discovered Sierra wasn`t in her bed.

GRACE: And you know, another thing. Very quickly, Greg Kading, former LAPD detective. Greg, very often, you get a package of nannycams or home surveillance with your burglary alarm system. Are you familiar with that?

GREG KADING, FMR. LAPD DETECTIVE: Yes, I am, Nancy. That`s exactly right. You will get a package of, you know, an alert system that will go to a service that`ll provide police response. You get recorded video equipment that can be used to capture this type of imagery. So there is a combination, so to speak.

GRACE: Quickly, I want to go back to you, John Phillips, talk show host from KABC. John, do we know whether the other children in the home have been questioned? Have they been examined to determine whether they, too, have been molested?

PHILLIPS: No, we don`t know that information yet. We don`t know the basic information as to who else was in the room, if there was somebody else in the room with her when she was abducted and taken. The police are very tight-lipped about what went on in that house prior to the incident and the day of the incident, Nancy.

GRACE: OK, Jim Kirkwood, it`s SOP -- standard operating procedure -- when one child ends up dead, the other children are at least interviewed by DFACS, Family and Children`s Services. And this is not about the mother and father. This could be anybody. This could be somebody at the church, somebody at the grocery store, somebody in the neighborhood that has access to these children.

They all need to be questioned, interviewed, and they all, unfortunately, need to have a physical exam, Jim Kirkwood.

KIRKWOOD: Yes, and I understand the police are investigating that aspect. They are interviewing everybody in the family. So you are correct, Nancy.

And one thing I want to add. That area, that canal there, I`m familiar with it. The homes and businesses back up to it all along the way. Pretty much, the child had to have been dumped there when it was dark, which would be 5:30 when it gets sunrise here. So this gives us a different timeline. This did not happen that morning.

GRACE: You know, when you think of a canal, you think of something a lot larger than this body of water. Let`s see it again, Liz.

Tell me what else do you know about this canal, this little waterway. It`s not very much of a canal. It looks more like a ditch or a gully, Jim Kirkwood.

KIRKWOOD: Ten feet wide, paths on the side of 6 to 8 feet. I know the station backs up to it about two miles from there, so I`m very familiar with it. And during the daylight...

GRACE: Hey, Jim, where in the canal -- I`m sorry. You go ahead.

KIRKWOOD: There is no way this crime could have been committed there at the canal after 5:30 in the morning or before 9:00 o`clock at night because it was too bright and there are too many homes around. Homes and businesses back up to this thing all along it.

GRACE: So bottom line, if the assault and the murder had happened along the canal itself, it would basically have been in somebody`s back yard.

KIRKWOOD: Exactly.

(CROSSTALK)

KIRKWOOD: A chain-link fence, Nancy. That`s all that`s between the canal and a home.

GRACE: Jim Kirkwood, another question regarding this canal and the location of the discovery of little Sierra`s body. Was the body found, for instance, right behind the house in the canal? Was it found a mile away in the canal? Where was it found as it relates to the house?

KIRKWOOD: It`s about a block away, a couple hundred feet. That area is heavily populated with homes. As I say, businesses where the station is, about two miles from there. But down there in West Jordan, it is just homes, nothing but homes. So I cannot imagine if this crime happened during daylight hours, someone wouldn`t have seen it.

GRACE: So Jim, you went out on me. Did you say the body was a block away from the home in the canal?

KIRKWOOD: Yes. A block away, Nancy. And that`s a city block, a small block.

GRACE: Out to you Peter Odom. What`s your analysis?

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Nancy, the police have indicated already that they believe a sexual assault took place. Now, they`re being very closed-mouthed, but one thing that we might gather from that is that there`s biological evidence.

GRACE: Seema Iyer?

SEEMA IYER, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Agree with Peter Odom here. And I think that because the canal was so shallow and so small, the killer, who probably knew this family and this little girl, probably put the body in the canal in hopes of perhaps washing away or getting rid of some of that biological evidence, which clearly wasn`t completely done here.

GRACE: So Jim Kirkwood, though, the reality is with the canal, the body isn`t going to -- Seema has got a good point about a lot of people think that evidence is going to disappear in the water, such as semen or blood. But the body itself couldn`t wash away. I mean, this canal`s basically going nowhere.

KIRKWOOD: Well, and especially with the drought going on here. There would not be a lot of water in that canal. We`re having terrible drought conditions right now in Utah.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She was just always smiling, always running around.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The 6-year-old was taken from her home, sexually assaulted, murdered.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hours later, she was found dead by police in a nearby canal.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is somebody who took the child and did horrible things.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police are calling it a possible homicide.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: When was Sierra taken, and when was she killed?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The hole left in our lives by her absence can never be repaired.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Heart-broken sums up this West Jordan neighborhood.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Six years old, her life barely started.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Now police are searching for clues, neighbors looking for answers.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: OK, I got a lot of questions here. First out to you, Jim Kirkwood, host of KTKK. There are a lot of people in the home, right? They`ve got surveillance video in the home. It should reveal something. Who`s sleeping in the room with Sierra? I don`t think that every child has their own room.

KIRKWOOD: That has not been made clear yet, Nancy. We`re trying to find that out.

GRACE: All right, John Phillips, what do you know?

PHILLIPS: Well, I think you`re raising the right question. Was there another kid in there? And another question I think that`s very important here is if they`re so vigilant that they`re putting cameras in the house, my guess is they`re not leaving doors unlocked. They`re not leaving windows unlocked. And there`s no evidence so far of a break-in.

So how did somebody get inside this house and take this little girl out of a bedroom, if she`s there with another kid, if she`s sharing the bedroom with another sibling? It doesn`t make sense.

GRACE: John Phillips, why do you say there`s no evidence of a break- in?

PHILLIPS: Well, that`s what been reported so far. The police are not saying that there has been a break-in. They`re, of course, quite tight- lipped about the specifics about all of this. They`re tight-lipped about the specifics of the timeline. And I think that the police, here, the...

GRACE: But John, you`re saying...

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: ... the police are not saying there has been a break-in. But are police saying there were no signs of a break-in? I know no forced entry. There weren`t any windows broken. A door wasn`t beaten down.

PHILLIPS: Right.

GRACE: But do we know that somebody did not come in, say, an open window?

PHILLIPS: Right. That`s the potential there. But if you`re putting up the video systems, if you`re having that in your house because you want to keep your kids safe, my guess is that you`re going to keep the doors locked, you`re going to keep the windows shut. This is something that the police need to explain. They need more information out here.

GRACE: You know, where I`m going with this -- out to you, Marc Klaas, president and founder of Klaas Kids Foundation -- is this. Very often, when somebody is taken from the home, a child is taken from the home, immediate suspicion goes on the family themselves, typically the father.

And I get it because it`s so unusual that someone could come into your home, especially a home with video surveillance cameras, and not be detected. But I remember prosecuting a guy known as the "red rapist" in inner-city Atlanta. And I think that I must have worked up at least eight to ten similar transactions. In the heat of the summer, he would come through open windows. He would always be wearing red somewhere on his body and would often leave a red rose behind after he raped the victim.

He was coming in and out of windows. So it`s not unheard of, Marc Klaas.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, of course, it`s not unheard of, Nancy. And this is very similar to the Isabel Celis case, to the Baby Lisa Irwin case to...

GRACE: Elizabeth Smart...

(CROSSTALK)

KLAAS: In each one of these situations, exactly the same thing happened. And none of those have been solved. Was the door left unlocked? Were there windows open? Is there other surveillance around the neighborhood -- I`m sure there probably is -- to be able to determine the comings and goings around the time.

There are way too many unanswered questions and we have way too little knowledge to be able to really process it and come up with even possible scenarios.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Let`s go to Phillip in Ohio. Hi, Phillip. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. I was calling to find out if the police have any idea yet at all if it might be somebody in the neighborhood or maybe a relative? Are they saying anything at all about this?

GRACE: OK, hold on. Number one, you don`t sound like Phillip in Ohio. You sound more like Ruth in Oregon. Oh, this is Phyllis! OK, Phyllis in Ohio. All right. Phyllis, give me your question one more time?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I was wondering if the police have any idea if it was somebody in the neighborhood or if they`re really thinking it might be a relative.

GRACE: Good question. Back out to you, Ellie Jostad. What do we know?

JOSTAD: Nancy, police are saying that they have not cleared anybody as a suspect, and that does include family members. They haven`t been cleared, although police do say they`re being cooperative.

And neighbors say that police are going door to door in the neighborhood, asking them very pointed questions about their background. So it sounds like they are checking out everybody who live in this vicinity.

GRACE: OK, Ellie, this home is a beautiful home. We know it has surveillance video. We know there`s several siblings. Now, didn`t Elizabeth Smart happen in Salt Lake City also?

JOSTAD: Yes.

GRACE: They were members of the LDS, I believe. This family`s members of the LDS.

JOSTAD: Right.

GRACE: Of course, Elizabeth Smart beats the odds, and in a miracle, is found.

What do we know, Ellie, about the last time this family was seen out and about and everyone saw Sierra?

JOSTAD: Right. That is a question we`ve asked police, and again, it`s one they won`t answer. We want to find out when was she last seen alive and well? What time exactly did the parents put her to bed? And did anybody check on her between time she goes to bed and Mom discovering her missing at about 7:30 in the morning? And we just don`t know the answers at that point.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: What happened to 6-year-old Sierra? A lot is being made of the fact that there`s no sign of a forced entry. But let me remind everybody there was no sign of a forced entry when Elizabeth Smart was taken out of her home also there in Salt Lake City by some crazy kook and his wife.

We`re taking your calls. Let`s go out to Ruth in Oregon. Hi, Ruth. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. I am wondering if there were any registered sex offenders in the home?

GRACE: I don`t think there were in the home, but what about the neighborhood? Out to you, Ellie Jostad. What do we know about registered sex offenders?

JOSTAD: Right. And you can see it there on the map. There are 22 registered sex offenders within about a five-mile radius. But Nancy, I should point out these parents do not have any criminal record. So obviously, no sex offender living in the home.

GRACE: OK, what more do we know about the home, El?

JOSTAD: Well, Nancy, we do know from the property assessment records that there are five bedrooms in this home. So with five kids plus the parents, it probably is likely that at least some of those kids were sharing a bedroom. And I would imagine it would make most sense that it would be the two youngest girls, Sierra and her little sister.

We do know, too, that there is a -- what looks like a cinderblock wall around the house. But from the looks of it, it just -- from pictures and video I could see, it doesn`t necessarily look like it was secured to the point that somebody couldn`t get over that fence.

GRACE: OK, let`s see it again. Take a look at that. I don`t know, El. Take a look at that, everybody. That to me looks -- the street fence looks like it is solid wood or brick. To me, it looks like it`s over five feet, which would be, in my mind, kind of tough to scale. That`s a lot to go through to get into the home.

I want to go back to a special guest joining us, Bishop Vaughn Shosted. He is the Newbold family`s bishop.

Bishop, again, thank you for being with us. Sir, when was the last time other people saw Sierra before she went missing, outside the family?

BISHOP VAUGHN SHOSTED, FAMILY`S LDS BISHOP (via telephone): Boy, I don`t know. I can`t answer that. I don`t know.

GRACE: Were they at church the previous Sunday?

SHOSTED: Oh, yes. Yes, they were there.

GRACE: What else can you tell us tonight, Bishop, about the family`s thought process, what they are going through tonight, the siblings, how they are dealing with the fact their sister is gone?

SHOSTED: Again, it`s a tough situation they`re in. They`re all feeling a great loss. And also, you know, they`re hoping that this person could be taken off the streets for fear that -- you know, they`re just worried about other children in the neighborhood or other children in the - - anywhere. They don`t want to see this happen again and hope that there`s enough clues that the police department can find this person and take them to justice.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Six-year-old girl.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Disappeared.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her parents reported her missing after they didn`t find her in her bedroom.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The 6-year-old was taken from her home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Less than one hour after her mother reported her missing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She was found dead by police in a nearby canal.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sexually assaulted, murdered and dumped in a canal.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The body shows no significant signs of trauma.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She was just always smiling, always running around.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police say the home shows no signs of a break- in.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know what has happened.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Now police are searching for clues, looking for answers.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In a prepared statement, her father wrote, quote, "our family is devastated. We are cooperating fully with police in the hope that the responsible person is ultimately arrested and prosecuted."

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Police say they have no person of interest.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have not identified a person of interest or named a suspect at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Who killed 6-year-old Sierra Newbold?

(END VIDEOTAPE)

NANCY GRACE, HLN HOST: We are back and taking your calls, this little girl, happy, carefree, part of a big and loving family. Daddy leaves that morning for his job as an electrician, mommy goes to check on the children around 7:00, 7:30 and realizes that 6-year-old, Sierra, is gone. She immediately called 9/11 in a frantic distressing call, though within an hour, the child`s body is found. She is dead in a nearby canal, just moments away from the home.

We are taking your calls.

Unleash the lawyers. Joining us tonight is Eleanor Odom, death penalty qualified prosecutor, Seema Ire, defense attorney New York, Peter Odom, defense attorney Atlanta.

First of all to you, Eleanor. We can learn a lot by just what we`re seeing. You and I both know from prosecuting so many murders, Eleanor that you can tell a lot about who the perpetrator is, for instance, where the murder weapon is thrown.

I mean, look at the Robert Blake case. Remember that? His wife was murdered right behind, I think it was Vitelli`s Italian restaurant and the murder weapon was thrown into a dumpster, right there. In other words the killer didn`t stray very far from the scene.

On many occasions when I have had a murder that I was prosecuting, we needed to find the purpose weapon. I would say, OK, let`s drive a straight line from the scene of the crime to, for instance, the suspect`s home or job. Let`s see if we pass any bodies of water, any bridges, any big ditches. Sure enough, there would you would find the murder weapon.

So here, we`re seeing the body of this child very close by, thrown into a canal, a body of water. What does that say to you, Eleanor?

ELEANOR ODOM, DEATH PENALTY-QUALIFIED PROSECUTOR: It says to me -- well, first of all trying to get rid of some type of evidence, especially with that sexual assault evidence, that could potentially be there obviously they didn`t get rid of it.

Nancy, it is interesting to me in so many sexual assault cases, we often find no evidence of an assault. You know, you just have the victim`s word. So here, the fact that they found some evidence, tells me that it was very recent and it was traumatic. So those are two key pieces of evidence which did not get destroyed amend that`s great for the prosecution.

GRACE: Out to you Peter Odom, what`s your analysis?

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: There`s biological evidence. If that`s the case, once the biological evidence is analyzed, they can compare it to the family members and more importantly, they can compare it to some of those local sex offenders and see if those people might be in the national DNA database. It is an investigated avenue that you know the police were looking at.

GRACE: Joining us right now is special guest. This is bishop Vaughn Shosted. He`s the Newbold family`s bishop.

Thank you for being with us. Sir, what can you tell us about how the family is doing tonight?

BISHOP VAUGHN SHOSTED, FRIEND, BISHOP OF MURDERED 6-YEAR-OLD GIRL`S FAMILY (via phone): Well, as you probably know, they`re devastated. This is such a hard thing for them. They`re a very, very good family and loved by everyone in the neighborhood, and, you know, in our LDS ward and also in the community. And they are just devastated at this point. And, I don`t know what else to say.

GRACE: What more can you tell us about the family themselves? What did the parents do for a living, to start with?

SHOSTED: Well, father`s an electrician. And works for a small company there in the area. And the mother just had a small part-time job working at a dance studio that her daughter attended. And she may have had one other part-time job that was a couple of hours a week, but that`s really about it.

GRACE: How long had they been living there?

SHOSTED: They have been married and living there about ten years that I have known them that full-time.

GRACE: And what about brothers or sisters for Sierra?

SHOSTED: Sierra had a little sister, and also two older sisters and an older brother.

GRACE: Is the community afraid this evening that there is a predator on the loose?

SHOSTED: Well, they`re very concerned, that`s for sure. We just -- everybody`s been told and asked to be watchful of the surroundings around them and be aware. And watch out for each other the best they can. I know the local police department is doing a wonderful job monitoring the area and that kind of thing, but I`m trying not to cause a huge panic here. But at the same time, we want to be careful and be aware of our surroundings and report any suspicious activity in our neighborhood.

GRACE: You know, police have stated there`s obviously a predator out there. What more do you know, Bishop Vaughn Sholsted about what`s being told to the community.

SHOSTED: I don`t know anything more, they`re being very careful about what they say just as a matter of procedure and we`re supportive of that. But there`s not a whole lot else being said. I know they`re working hard, I see them out every day and as late as this morning come across two police cars coming through the neighborhood, just monitoring and watching.

GRACE: Bishop, has the family been apprised of the cause of death?

SHOSTED: I couldn`t tell you, I do not know.

GRACE: How often do you see the family?

SHOSTED: I have seen them at least daily since this has happened. Talked to them, you know, consoled them, my wife and I have had them over to our house, we have tried to do the best we can to help them through this.

GRACE: How are the other children doing? Did they see or hear anything that evening?

SHOSTED: I didn`t hear the last part of your question.

GRACE: I was asking how her siblings, the other children are doing and did any of them see or hear anything unusual that evening?

SHOSTED: Well the first part of the question is, they`re struggling as well. They`re missing their sister, and it creates a huge hole in their hearts, I`m sure. Something they`re going to struggle with for a long time. As far as them hearing or seeing anything that morning or evening before, I`m not aware of anything.

GRACE: Did Sierra share a room with one of her sisters?

SHOSTED: I don`t know that.

GRACE: Have you ever actually been in their home?

SHOSTED: Yes, I have been in their home a few times. But I haven`t gone any farther than the living room.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her parents reported her missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have gathered evidence.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What happened to 6-year-old Sierra Newbold, now police are searching for clues.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The 6-year-old was take from her home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sierra`s body found in a canal, just feet from the home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sexual assaulted, murdered and dumped in a canal. Police have no suspects.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: To all parents that are listening tonight, the mystery unfolding regarding the death of this little girl, 6-year-old Sierra Newbold. She`s found face down in a canal, a shallow canal, not far from her own home.

Daddy gets up and leaves for his job as an electrician early in the morning. Mom notices around 7:00 or 7:30, her little girl is gone. She immediately called 9/11 that within the hour, the body has found in canal, just a block away from the family home. This canal abuts the backyards of everyone`s homes. It is adjacent to their yard. And many spots, the only thing separating the water from the yard is a chain link sense.

Evidence highly suggests that Sierra Newbold was molested before her death. We don`t have the cause of death as of yet.

We are taking your calls and looking for clues.

To Dr. Bethany Marshall, joining us tonight, psychotherapist, author of "deal breakers," joining from L.A.

Bethany, let`s talk about what we know. I believe the body was clothed. Hold on one moment, to you, Jim Kirkwood, was the body clothed?

JIM KIRKWOOD, HOST, AM RADIO KTTT (via phone): That is not clear yet, the police are not releasing that.

GRACE: Depending on whether the body is clothed or unclothed, Bethany, that also tells us a lot about who committed the murder?

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR, DEAL BREAKERS: Yes, it does. Because - well, first of all, we know that there were multiple children in the house, so this would have been a feeding frenzy for a sex predator. And whoever broke into that house knew there were little children there. So, who was familiar with the family?

As my colleague Greg was pointing out. Whoever did this may have suffocated her in order to keep her from crying out for help from her parents and if that person suffocated her and the clothing was still on and there`s biological evidence, did he rape her through her underwear? Was he a sadistic rapist? Was there anal mutilation which is what you see with sadistic rapist?

We know it was not a masturbatory act or that might have been washed away even in a still body of body. So, whoever did this, either cut her, hurt her, penetrated her and did it so hastily that he didn`t even remove her clothing.

GRACE: And it`s someone who doesn`t want to leave her behind as a witness, alright? That also suggests that it is not random.

Another thing, the disposal of the body is a disposal of convenience. This is someone that was not going to drive 20 miles and put her body in a swamp, or drive her far away and dig a grave and bury her out in a shallow grave out in a wooded area. This was a convenience disposal.

I want to go out to Dr. Bill Manion, medical examiner and expert joining us out of Philadelphia. What can we learn from the body, Dr. Manion.

DOCTOR BILL MANION, M.D., NEW JERSEY MEDICAL EXAMINER (via phone): Well, I`m not sure, was the body found next to the canal or was it in the water itself?

GRACE: In the water. In the water.

MANION: Well, that will hurt the forensics because water will dissolve any fluids, any semen, or blood or anything like that. So that will hurt forensics. They will --

GRACE: But not inside her body, it won`t. It will not get rid of semen or blood, in vaginal, anal, oral orifices of her body. That is not going to happen.

MANION: Yes, that`s correct. That`s correct. But I`m not sure how long she was in that canal. It seems she was unaccounted for throughout the night, and then although she was found 30 minutes after she was reported missing, they`re not sure when she really went missing, so that may have been hours before they found the body.

So, definitely forensics will be working to try and regain -- obtain DNA and try and get a good DNA specimen to try and match the perpetrator in this case.

GRACE: And to Marc Klaas and Greg Kating, let`s put both of them up.

Greg Kating, if you have security surveillance, if you have, say, a nanny cam in your home, if it`s at night, unless you have a particular type of camera, the camera will not pick up who was walking around in a dark bedroom.

GREG KATING: Yes, it is going to depend on the quality of that equipment, how sophisticated it is which brings up a good point. It`s like you have to back up and ask, what about the person who installed this equipment, would they know how to detour it? So, it could lead to other suspects, you get a sexual predator that is working for a company and they install this.

GRACE: Marc Klaas?

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT, FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, Nancy. I would like to talk about what people can do in this situation. I mean, there`s not to be some desperate folks in this neighborhood.

Now, I think what they have to understand is from this point forward they need to secure their homes, they need to secure their windows, they need to know where their young children are at all times, they have to ensure that their children are not left by themselves. They need to show their children the safest places to play in their neighborhood and areas to avoid. They also need to start organizing their community and do a good neighborhood watch program for their looking out to each other`s children and for each other`s property.
COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s hard to lose your child.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She was just 6-years-old. Her life barely started. But someone wanted little Sierra Newbold dead.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Straight out to Debbie in Utah.

Hi, Debbie. What`s your question?

DEBBIE, CALLER, UTAH: Hi, Nancy. I have a question about the surveillance. I know that they were looking at the video. I was just wondering if they are any closer to getting a clear image on that.

And really quickly, I live in Salt Lake City and think people here are complacent thinking this is a safe environment. I have a neighbor that has three kids who sleeps with their windows open. And I just think people need to start being more careful about protecting their children, Nancy.

GRACE: You know, hold on. Debbie in Utah, I`m surprised that that attitude is prevalent there after the Elizabeth Smart case.

DEBBIE: Well, I think people still -- people ever very trusting and I think sometimes there is a false sense of security. Like I said, I have a neighbor who has three children. And they sleep with their windows open. And I just, you know, at some point I think we all need to just start protecting our kids a little better and being more careful.

GRACE: Let`s go to Jim Kirkwood, joining us out of Salt Lake this evening from KTKK. Any answers to those questions?

KIRKWOOD: Well, Debbie is absolutely correct, Nancy. This downtown Salt Lake is a little rough at times. But you get in the bedroom communities by West Jordan. This is very tranquil, and mostly religious people, very low crime rates. Something like what happened here to little Sierra is so unusual. I am sure everybody in the area is in shock. I know, I am and I live a town away from it.

This is -- we have a sense of security here because it is a really good community and it is a safe community on the whole.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The a brutal killing of a 6-year-old in Utah.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just before 7:30, her parents reported her missing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Welcome back. We are taking your calls.

What happened to little Sierra?

I want to go back again to Jim Kirkwood, joining us out of KTKK there in Salt Lake.

Jim, I am just wondering, are police sounding the alarm that there is a predator on the loose?

KIRKWOOD: Yes, the chief of police in west Jordan, put out a statement about there is a monster and predator on the loose. Then he backed up and said don`t be panicky. We are watching things.

But the fact is there is one. And whoever did this and we have absolutely at this point no idea because there is no person of interest. But, whoever did this could well have enjoyed it and wanted to do it again, Nancy. I mean, you are a former prosecutor and know what I`m talking about.

GRACE: To John Phillips, KABC, joining us, what more do we know, John?

JOHN PHILLIPS, TALK SHOW HOST, 790 KABC RADIO: Well, KSTU, which is a local station out there, is reporting that the police said they believe is an isolated incident which you suggested earlier when you said the evidence leads you to believe it was not a random act. Well, that is being backed up by the police in this community, Nancy.

GRACE: Everyone, the tip line is 801-256-2211.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/BenWinslow

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
DNA taken from Black matched Sierra. That led to the charges, DA says. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

55s Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Black arrested for stealing a car, robbing a bank nearby. Cops say he lived at an apartment complex nearby.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
W. Jordan police officer found Sierra's body face down in a canal. She had been raped, strangled and drowned. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

1m Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Black accused of breaking into Newbold house, taking Sierra. He was caught on surveillance camera entering home at 3:05 a.m. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

2m Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Black charged with aggravated murder, child kidnapping and rape of a child. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

BREAKING NEWS: Transient Terry Lee Black charged with the murder of Sierra Newbold. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Diamond says investigators kept perspective broad to avoid missing anything. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

52s Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
W. Jordan Police Chief Doug Diamond: "We're very glad this crime has been solved."

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Terry Black is NOT a transient, cops say. He'd lived in the area for about 10 years.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Chief says Black attended the same church the Newbold family did. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

32s Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Was this a random crime? Chief says he doesn't know, won't speculate. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

Chief thanks Newbold family for their cooperation and patience. "This is a good day." @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

"Our focus to this point has been to find Sierra's killer and that investigation. Our focus now is a successful prosecution," chief says.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Black had charcoal from the burnt field, chief says. Appears he hadn't cleaned himself in days.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Black allegedly walked into Wells Fargo Bank and asked for $100. Teller asked for debit card, he told her it was a robbery.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
.@fox13now has obtained a probable cause statement from Black's arrest on the robbery. It happened June 29.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
"This crime could have gone a totally different direction," had it not been for detectives connecting the dots, chief says. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

Cops won't say if Black has confessed to the crime.

http://fox13now.com/2012/07/10/announcement-expected-in-murder-case-of-west-jordan-girl/

Police identify suspect in murder of West Jordan girl
Posted on: 10:16 am, July 10, 2012, by Meredith Forrest Kulwicki and Scott McKane, updated on: 03:09pm, July 10, 2012

VIDEO at link

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
"Miracles do happen," chief says of the circumstances leading to the arrest of Black

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Newbold family "shocked" at Black's arrest, chief says. It took them a moment to recognize him

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
"There are predators on the street. We have one in jail now," chief says.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Terry Lee Black, arrested in the murder of Sierra Newbold. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬ http://instagr.am/p/M6lGqsArMK/

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Detective Bigelow declines to comment about the "6th sense"(as chief says) that clued him in to pay attention to Black. @fox13now ‪#Utah‬

53s Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow
Black, 41, is expected to appear in court within 48 hours. Bail set at $2 million

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/authorities-announce-arrest-in-death-sexual-assault-of-6-year-old-utah-girl/2012/07/10/gJQAoJFRbW_story.html

By Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, July 10, 2:47 PMAP SALT LAKE CITY — A man has been arrested in the death a 6-year-old Utah girl after authorities say he sneaked into her home through a sliding glass door in the middle of the night, then raped and killed the child.

Terry Lee Black, 41, a neighbor of the girl, has been charged with aggravated murder, kidnapping and rape of a child, Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said Tuesday. ::snipping2::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.