April 28, 2024, 10:11:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #656 7/12 - 7/14/2007  (Read 133459 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2007, 03:31:28 PM »

Hi Guys!

OK, where are all the cute avis coming from, and Klaas, where's that adorable owl?

Geez..... turn my back and you guys have discovered something without me!!!!  Shocked
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: July 13, 2007, 03:35:21 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
I'm told Pesquera took a lot of heat from the Aruban government when he dared to tell the truth about the noticeable drop in tourism and that could be why he wants off the island.

Inquiring mind want to know why Palm Beach Florida would consider hiring a former Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association president who admits that there was a "noticeable drop in tourism" under his watch.

Janet

And then there was this event in Palm Beach. Nothing against Palm Beach, but you can see why someone with this particular Aruba experience might fit in. You never know when you're gonna need a good rape defender.

1991 rape charge and acquittal

In 1991, Smith was tried and acquitted on a charge of rape. He was represented by prominent Miami-based criminal defense attorney Roy Black. The trial attracted extensive media coverage because of the prominence of the Kennedy family.

The incident began on the evening of March 30, 1991, when Smith, then 30 years old, was in a bar (named Au Bar) in Palm Beach, Florida in the company of his uncle, Senator Ted Kennedy, and his cousin Patrick Kennedy. Smith met a 29-year-old woman, Patricia Bowman. Patrick became acquainted with Michelle Cassone, another young woman who was at the bar. The four of them then went to a nearby house owned by the Kennedy family. Smith and Bowman went for a walk along the beach. She alleged that Smith raped her; Smith testified that the sex was consensual. At a criminal trial later that year, Smith was acquitted of all charges against him.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »

TACOMA POLICE 'EXPECT' TO CHARGE CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN DEATH OF KIDNAPPED 12-YEAR-OLD ZINA LINNIK

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com
crazybabyborg
« Reply #523 on: July 13, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
I'm told Pesquera took a lot of heat from the Aruban government when he dared to tell the truth about the noticeable drop in tourism and that could be why he wants off the island.

Inquiring mind want to know why Palm Beach Florida would consider hiring a former Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association president who admits that there was a "noticeable drop in tourism" under his watch.

Janet

And then there was this event in Palm Beach. Nothing against Palm Beach, but you can see why someone with this particular Aruba experience might fit in. You never know when you're gonna need a good rape defender.

1991 rape charge and acquittal

In 1991, Smith was tried and acquitted on a charge of rape. He was represented by prominent Miami-based criminal defense attorney Roy Black. The trial attracted extensive media coverage because of the prominence of the Kennedy family.

The incident began on the evening of March 30, 1991, when Smith, then 30 years old, was in a bar (named Au Bar) in Palm Beach, Florida in the company of his uncle, Senator Ted Kennedy, and his cousin Patrick Kennedy. Smith met a 29-year-old woman, Patricia Bowman. Patrick became acquainted with Michelle Cassone, another young woman who was at the bar. The four of them then went to a nearby house owned by the Kennedy family. Smith and Bowman went for a walk along the beach. She alleged that Smith raped her; Smith testified that the sex was consensual. At a criminal trial later that year, Smith was acquitted of all charges against him.

As I recall, John Jr. showed up at the trial for support.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #524 on: July 13, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »

Quote from: "San"
TACOMA POLICE 'EXPECT' TO CHARGE CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN DEATH OF KIDNAPPED 12-YEAR-OLD ZINA LINNIK

San, I'm not near a TV. Is that the little girl who was abducted on the 4th of July and her Father heard her scream? I think an older gray van was seen speeding away and partial tag numbers were identified.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: July 13, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
O/T - I didn't know Robots was in the medical field  Laughing  Laughing

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070713/D8QBSO9G0.html

Robot Visits Patients When Doctor Can't

Jul 13, 3:00 PM (ET)

By ALEX DOMINGUEZ

BALTIMORE (AP) - Has it come to this? Robots standing in for doctors at the hospital patients' bedside?

Not exactly, but some doctors have found a way to use a videoconferencing robot to check on patients while they're miles from the hospital.

One is at Baltimore's Sinai Hospital. Outfitted with cameras, a screen and microphone, the joystick-controlled robot is guided into the rooms of Dr. Alex Gandsas' patients where he speaks to them as if he were right there.

"The system allows you to be anywhere in the hospital from anywhere in the world," said the surgeon, who specializes in weight-loss surgery.

(snipped)
 Laughing

I know a doctor that responded to an overhead page for Code Blue. After arriving at the patient's bed, the robot arrived (another doctor had sent it and was on the screen). The first doctor (a cardiologist) was flabbergasted that someone would send a robot to Code someone. Wonder how much each got paid for consulting. Anybody see Sicko??
 Obviously, this local robot was no relation to "our" robot.   Laughing  Laughing
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: July 13, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »

Some familiar clowns are making up new accusations about the mysterious $4,000.00 today.  I get this feeling that a couple of people were trying to extort money out of Beth when she was at her weakest, but I can’t figure out the $4,000 thing.  What does that equal in florins, or whatever they are?

I wish Beth would slam dunk those people.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: July 13, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Quote from: "San"

San, I'm not near a TV. Is that the little girl who was abducted on the 4th of July and her Father heard her scream? I think an older gray van was seen speeding away and partial tag numbers were identified.

Yes this was the little girl that was kidnapped on the 4th of July.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #528 on: July 13, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »

Some familiar clowns are making up new accusations about the mysterious $4,000.00 today.  I get this feeling that a couple of people were trying to extort money out of Beth when she was at her weakest, but I can’t figure out the $4,000 thing.  What does that equal in florins, or whatever they are?

BINGO! That's the feeling I got from watching JQK last night. Beth determined the caller was an opportunist taking advantage of the situation and trying to collect money from her.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: July 13, 2007, 03:51:48 PM »

The Holloway case is not going away, ever. Not until we know what happened. Arubans misread Americans if they think this will disappear.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #530 on: July 13, 2007, 03:52:29 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "AZSunny"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Klaas

Would you please see if you can squish down this avatar like you did the one yesterday? I redressed her, and I wanna see if Easy can find a way to make fun of this one.  Laughing

Thanks!

You were cute!  why was he making fun of you? Bad boy Easy!

He said the shadow on the leg of my brown pants looked like poopies running down my leg.  Rolling Eyes  Laughing

He's just jealous there is nothing that hangs down his leg that far...teehee. Wink

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: July 13, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

BINGO! That's the feeling I got from watching JQK last night. Beth determined the caller was an opportunist taking advantage of the situation and trying to collect money from her.

Yeah and Julia and Angela were really pushing for the pay-off.  Why?
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »

We stayed with the Chandra Levy story until the answer appeared. We're still staying with the Ramsey story; it has the power to make headlines, even after all this time. The Holloway story has the same power; it won't go away until a satisfactory explanation comes forth. Aruba's best strategy now is to produce an explanation and let justice fall where it may.

That's what the grown-up PR people would tell Aruba.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2007, 04:00:32 PM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
We stayed with the Chandra Levy story until the answer appeared. We're still staying with the Ramsey story; it has the power to make headlines, even after all this time. The Holloway story has the same power; it won't go away until a satisfactory explanation comes forth. Aruba's best strategy now is to produce an explanation and let justice fall where it may.

That's what the grown-up PR people would tell Aruba.

Chandra's remains were found, but no one brought to justice.  I was reading on a site that had conspiracy theories concerning her murder.

I don't know what to think about little JonBenet's death.  It's such a ridiculous mess.  Poor little girl...

As for Natalee, keeping the case out there in the media may be the way to find an answer.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »

So let me get this straight.

Someone had Natalee, wanted $4,000.00, Beth would only pay $1,000.00 so they killed her???

Do they ever read their words????

My guess when Beth arrived on a private jet, every one's mind went to MONEY, they thought they could get money from a hurting mother like was it Jacobs tried to do to Dave when he arrived by asking "How much money do you have?"

Extortion plain and simple...

Maybe the person needed a drug fix...Who knows...They are lunitics I tell ya...

OS out

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »

It is time to return Natalee,and for justice.The story will not be forgotten.I think we need to boycot,more and more.Oh Muffy,copperheads don't kill,but they do hurt,badly.Even with dogs.Trust me on that one
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: July 13, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »

Yes, Ospainter, it's a pretty bizarre story, isn't it.  Like Beth would bargain for the life of her child.   Evil or Very Mad   I think it's a case of some bad folks trying to profit off a mother with a missing child.  I read there were 2 people arrested for trying to bilk Maddy McCann's parents out of money.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #537 on: July 13, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »

Yeah and Julia and Angela were really pushing for the pay-off.  Why?

Uh maybe they were the masterminds mind behind it.!!!!! Who would have thought????Very revealing imo....

now really

OS out

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: July 13, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »

I'm looking at this from Aruba's point of view.

If they want to maintain or restore tourism, they have to come forward with a full explanation of what happened to Natalee.

Right now, tourism is affected because people fear that young women can disappear on Aruba and never be found.

Whether Aruba brings anyone to justice in the case is a separate question. It's less risky for them, I think -- from a PR point of view -- to identify the perpetrators but be unable to convict any one person of a specific crime. Let's say they demonstrate that a series of unfortunate incidents took place, perhaps starting with a tragic accident, and they know what happened but don't have enough evidence to convict under their system -- I think we could accept that and move on. We've had to swallow similar situations under our own system, where people were commonly known to be guilty but were not convicted by a jury.

I think Aruba would be better off to be an island paradise that can't always bring bad guys to justice than to be an island paradise that doesn't want to.

What will linger as a bad taste for quite a while is the delay -- how very long it is taking them to come clean, and the resultant torture for the family.

Be that as it may: Best to get on with it now, Aruba, and begin to put this behind you.

Public relations advice to Aruba. FWIW.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: July 13, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »

Quote from: "ospainter"

So let me get this straight.

Someone had Natalee, wanted $4,000.00, Beth would only pay $1,000.00 so they killed her???

Do they ever read their words????

My guess when Beth arrived on a private jet, every one's mind went to MONEY, they thought they could get money from a hurting mother like was it Jacobs tried to do to Dave when he arrived by asking "How much money do you have?"

Extortion plain and simple...

Maybe the person needed a drug fix...Who knows...They are lunitics I tell ya...

OS out

Maybe the plan was to get some quick cash as a test and go from there.  Something very strange about all of that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.