April 27, 2024, 10:08:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #656 7/12 - 7/14/2007  (Read 133394 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: July 13, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
Pure conjecture on my part, but this is how I imagine the meeting between Beth and Julia occurred.

Someone did email Aruba Today, told the story of Natalee missing her flight and asked for help.  Julia responded to that email the way that was documented.  She then made a few calls and got in touch with Beth or someone close to Beth and offered her assistance.  Being so desperate and so thankful to hear from an American living in Aruba, a meeting was arranged.  Beth and friend went to the office of the paper and told them how they were not allowed to distribute “kidnapped” posters on the island.  Julia and Angela asked questions then came up with the softened “Call Me Hootie” cry for help.  They also volunteered to field all tips by printing their cell numbers on those posters.  The deception was off and running and Beth thought she had found some true allies in the search for her daughter.

That could all be hogwash, but that is the image I get when thinking through those first few days.

I agree Easy.

I hate to think all of the phone calls that those two got and never reported to Beth.

Me Too!  Because we now know that their offer of help was less than honorable.  I would also love to know who was tipping Anita off when and where a search was going to take place.  My gut feeling is that it all leads back to the same place……
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: July 13, 2007, 10:15:11 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Pure conjecture on my part, but this is how I imagine the meeting between Beth and Julia occurred.

Someone did email Aruba Today, told the story of Natalee missing her flight and asked for help.  Julia responded to that email the way that was documented.  She then made a few calls and got in touch with Beth or someone close to Beth and offered her assistance.  Being so desperate and so thankful to hear from an American living in Aruba, a meeting was arranged.  Beth and friend went to the office of the paper and told them how they were not allowed to distribute “kidnapped” posters on the island.  Julia and Angela asked questions then came up with the softened “Call Me Hootie” cry for help.  They also volunteered to field all tips by printing their cell numbers on those posters.  The deception was off and running and Beth thought she had found some true allies in the search for her daughter.

That could all be hogwash, but that is the image I get when thinking through those first few days.

I agree Easy.

I hate to think all of the phone calls that those two got and never reported to Beth.

Me Too!  Because we now know that their offer of help was less than honorable.  I would also love to know who was tipping Anita off when and where a search was going to take place.  My gut feeling is that it all leads back to the same place……

Without a doubt it was these two.
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #742 on: July 13, 2007, 10:15:44 PM »

Simian Says: June 24th, 2005 at 5:51 pm

Remember when they were pumping the pond by the Marriott? That is what they need to do in Montaña Noord.

Is that dumpsite near the Sloot home on private property? Was it ever searched by divers?

In My Opinion
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: July 13, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »

What ever happened to the search .. Tim Miller ..
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #744 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:10 PM »

Pita,

Please check your pm at BFN.
Also e-mail. Important message.
Thanks.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: July 13, 2007, 10:18:17 PM »

Quote from: "Spock"

Remember when they were pumping the pond by the Marriott? That is what they need to do in Montaña Noord.

Is that dumpsite near the Sloot home on private property? Was it ever searched by divers?

Wasn't TES trying to search and I believe there were Dutch reporters their making a lot of comotion at the time of the search and it was causing a problem.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 13, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »

From Vanity Fair

When Beth walked into the paper's office the day after she arrived, Renfro, a statuesque blonde, stopped the presses to run a front-page photograph of Natalee. Renfro and Munzenhofer both have children, and they identified with Beth's desperation; the three women became inseparable. The first flyers posted around the island carried two numbers people could call with tips: Renfro's and Munzenhofer's cell phones. "At the beginning, I was the one Beth trusted," says Munzenhofer.
...At dusk the searchers returned to their hotel rooms, having found no sign of Natalee. Then, early the next evening, Munzenhofer took an urgent call from a source, who said Natalee was staying in a downtown house with certain unnamed "friends" who wanted to "protect" her. But, the source went on, her friends had agreed to turn her over to the family for $4,000—a quasi-ransom. Renfro relayed the message to Beth, and within an hour everyone had met at the Buccaneer, the restaurant Munzenhofer's family owns. Jug had a thousand dollars, and the Munzenhofers volunteered to donate the other $3,000 from the cash register.

By now more of "the Fabulous Seven" had arrived. Eight men were in the group, and Munzenhofer's husband took them to scout the downtown house where Natalee was supposed to be. It turned out to be what Arubans call a choller house—a crack house. When the men returned, everyone headed downtown to stake it out. "We were scared—scared to death," Renfro recalls. "We didn't know these people, how dangerous they were, whether they had guns and knives. So we called the cops. It took them 45 minutes to come a quarter-mile. They went in and looked around." Natalee wasn't there

http://tinyurl.com/36y9ta
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:17 PM »

Easy
I think you are durn close  w/o knowing details.
I have a gut feeling this meet up may have occured after Beth went to meet with the ALE on the morning of 31st (?) and had to wait in line for the corn flakes to consumed.

After that reception I may well have usee an Editor's phone# vs a police# for contact info.
But I do not think the deception was off & running at that point..
Some concern  & Snag on to some $ from a thankfull family that flew in on a private plane ... Yup... BUT I do think the deception came a tiny bit latter after THEY got a phone call.. (TIP) .. to them.
JMO and speculation of course

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »

I’ve read two accountings of that encounter.  One was a post by Julia that she had received an email from a concerned reader of Aruba Today that told her of the incident.  She went on to thank the person that sent the email and said they would have known nothing of it except for that email.

The other version is that Beth and a friend walked into to Aruba Today and asked for help.

Somewhere betwixt the two stories truth is hidden.  I wish Beth would tell us what really happened!

Evening to all!  Easy, I hope this and other questions will be ansered in Beth's book...

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

In three weeks.... I think Confused

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:59 PM »

hey Sunny... good to see you!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: July 13, 2007, 10:26:04 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

Hi Mrs. Red!  How was  dinner?  Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: July 13, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"

good... i am too full ...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: July 13, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"

good... i am too full ...

Me too...... (burp) did ya read Easy's scenerio of how Beth and renho might have met....very good...and so plausible

Rest in Peace Caylee

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: July 13, 2007, 10:29:34 PM »

Quote from: "*******"

Alcazar's Revenge

Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:03 am Post subject: Raids

Even the fact that when they busted into his house they found him crouched under the kitchen table begging not to be hurt.

This part is probably accurate. There aren't a lot of balls on Aruba. Certainly not in ALE where pansies do the interrogation, and Joran weeps in front of the police and judges. PVDS running from reporters and sweating incessantly on the verge of a total nervous breakdown in front of three women. GVC and Koen sleeping with their mothers, GVC getting mommie to bring his pillow and blankie in jail. Good thing they had a bunch of cowardly Dutch judges ruling from afar to cover their asses.

Maybe someone down there or in Holland will find a real set of nuts and solve the case.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #755 on: July 13, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »

Instead of doing a deep water search 5 miles from the island, why not search the water 5 min from the Sloot home? I have seen pictures of a deep pit with fridges, trucks, and probably 20 feet of water. Shouldn't take TES but a day or so to search that place.

In My Opinion
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: July 13, 2007, 10:30:16 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

In three weeks.... I think Confused

I read here earlier today that it was said at BFN and I guess that Dave told Debbie...  Question  makes sense to me any way...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »

Instead of doing a deep water search 5 miles from the island, why not search the water 5 min from the Sloot home? I have seen pictures of a deep pit with fridges, trucks, and probably 20 feet of water. Shouldn't take TES but a day or so to search that place.

They may have already searched that, I"m not positive.  I want to say they did.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:24 PM »

Sorry, link does not work

Wednesday, June 1st, 2005, 02:21 PM

I was encouraged by this caring editorial sent by a local newspaper to all other local media. The editor had been contacted by Natalee's mother. Thank you, Sandra, for the other newspaper link and for summarizing it for me.

Subject: Missing American Teenager

Dear Colleagues,

It is extremely sad to find out that an American Tourist has either been lost, abducted or possibly worse here on Aruba on Sunday evening / Monday morning. The 18 year old girl named Natalee was seen leaving Carlos and Charlies at 1:30am with 3 young men driving A car. She was here on a group trip with 180 other students from her school.

How is it possible that we all know what tourist was at at Amazonia this week and somehow raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Tsunami Victims in 48 hours and we don't know that this young lady is missing. How can we help this American Couple find their precious daughter, who happens to be a straight A student and in the honor society of her school in Alabama.

If Aruba Today had not received an e-mail from a concerned American who happened to hear about it and contact me, Aruba Today would have never been in the loop. Every moment that passes, increases the odds of not finding this beautiful gift to the world. I personally went to every frequently visited spot on Aruba tonight; gas stations, fast food, resorts, restaurants and found that NOBODY knew of her disappearance. When we all should be looking for her!!!!

We are such a small community with such a loud voice. Please put into place the Amber Alert and find Natalee today. Her mother called me tonight and her message is clear "Just give me back my baby girl, it doesn't matter what has happened, we need her back." They have no bad intentions for Aruba and are able to forgive and forget everything that might or might not have happened -- no matter how critical it might be.

Please give Natalee back to her mom and dad who flew into the island to take their daughter back home.

We have the ability to find her, so lets do it!

Thank you,

Julia Renfro

Editor-in-Chief

Which story is correct...hmmmmm...
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:27 PM »

Dayhiker wrote:
This part is probably accurate. There aren't a lot of balls on Aruba. Certainly not in ALE where pansies do the interrogation, and Joran weeps in front of the police and judges. PVDS running from reporters and sweating incessantly on the verge of a total nervous breakdown in front of three women. GVC and Koen sleeping with their mothers, GVC getting mommie to bring his pillow and blankie in jail. Good thing they had a bunch of cowardly Dutch judges ruling from afar to cover their asses.

Maybe someone down there or in Holland will find a real set of nuts and solve the case.

Laughing  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.