April 27, 2024, 10:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #656 7/12 - 7/14/2007  (Read 133428 times)
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #860 on: July 14, 2007, 12:43:38 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "robots"
Has anyone else ever bought themselves an expensive, useless trinket?

I’ve always been too practical to do such a thing, always concerned about this and that.  Only once did I buy a new car and that was many decades ago.  Such things have never been that important to me.

Can you tell where this is going?

In a moment of weakness, I bought a very nice watch, the only watch that I have ever picked out for myself.  Now I feel guilty, because I can’t tell the time with the thing!  Looks good though! lol

Sorry in advance, because I know my rambling will upset several people…..

is an electric guitar a trinket ??? Cool  Laughing

Only if you can't play it! lol

LOL

Cool  Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: July 14, 2007, 12:43:43 AM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "msmarple"
What's so strange about the mentality of this $4,000 story is that since Beth didn't pay it, she's the villian of the piece ...

(Assuming of course that such a thing happened as described ... )

I also wish this Amigoe.com article was a FP post. FP things are easier to find.

I'll talk to Red about that.  He may have chosen not to give Renfro and Dompig another audience for their crap.

Klaas ... I believe that the comments generated from a FP posting of the article - The Other Side of the Holloway Case -  will expose Julia and Angela's  agenda for what it is ... a dispicable attempt to shift the focus from Joran and Paulus to ... the mother and stepfather of Natalee Holloway.

Janet

I'll bug Red about it tomorrow.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: July 14, 2007, 12:44:27 AM »

I’ve always been too practical to do such a thing, always concerned about this and that.  Only once did I buy a new car and that was many decades ago.  Such things have never been that important to me.

In a moment of weakness, I bought a very nice watch, the only watch that I have ever picked out for myself.  Now I feel guilty, because I can’t tell the time with the thing!  Looks good though! lol

Yes I have done this too.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #863 on: July 14, 2007, 12:44:44 AM »

Quote from: "*******"
Everyone has cell phones now so the watch is more for looks.. As long as it looks good..Chics will dig it Mike.. Wink

Good!  Because I am keeping it!  I like the way it looks and feels.  Hell, the box it came in would cost more than my last watch!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: July 14, 2007, 12:46:56 AM »

Everyone has cell phones now so the watch is more for looks.. As long as it looks good..Chics will dig it Mike.. Wink

Good!  Because I am keeping it!  I like the way it looks and feels.  Hell, the box it came in would cost more than my last watch!

My husband watches some TV program that has watches for sale.  Some are nice and some are really ugly.  He loves watches, may have to get him one for his birthday.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #865 on: July 14, 2007, 12:47:10 AM »

Quote from: "San"

What did you buy?  lol
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: July 14, 2007, 12:49:15 AM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "msmarple"
What's so strange about the mentality of this $4,000 story is that since Beth didn't pay it, she's the villian of the piece ...

(Assuming of course that such a thing happened as described ... )

I also wish this Amigoe.com article was a FP post. FP things are easier to find.

I'll talk to Red about that.  He may have chosen not to give Renfro and Dompig another audience for their crap.

Klaas ... I believe that the comments generated from a FP posting of the article - The Other Side of the Holloway Case -  will expose Julia and Angela's  agenda for what it is ... a dispicable attempt to shift the focus from Joran and Paulus to ... the mother and stepfather of Natalee Holloway.

Janet

I'll bug Red about it tomorrow.

Klaas ...I was just catching up ... I should have kept reading instead of responsing so quickly.

ms. Red posted a link in response to msmarple's request.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/07/03/aruba-blames-fbi-beth-jug-dave-the-family-hell-they-blame-you-for-the-disappearance-of-natalee-holloway/

I have been preoccupied and ... must have missed it.

Good Night (10:00 PM)

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: July 14, 2007, 12:49:33 AM »

What did you buy?  lol

Jewelry (ring)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #868 on: July 14, 2007, 12:50:15 AM »

Now Easy why can't you tell time with it silly?  Laughing I know you can figure it out !

I had a wonderful watch I loved and it was stolen in a hotel room, I became so used to it I just can't bring myself to replace it for they don't make those watches any longer or that style  Sad

as for terrorist attacks, I won't go into how except to say post my father's death in an attempt to salvage some of his investments, I was working with a board for a biochemical company - a start-up. It's product was non-toxic and killed anthrax on any surface and in the air, you could bathe in it or even inhale it and with no ill effects. Through that process of promoting it and exploring the possibilities we worked with homeland security or areas within it. Also with some of the southeastern consortiums of six-states each for terrorism preparedness.

If you knew what I learned in that process you'd never go to another outdoor race, or football game in a major venue, or baseball, or NASCAR.....the list is unreal of documented threats which have long ago occurred.

I think the chance of biological weapons is perhaps the greatest we face, the nuclear is at least attached to tracking mechanisms and early detection  Confused ******* I also fear the teaming of nations against us in that effort, particularly South Korea or Russia.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: July 14, 2007, 12:50:48 AM »

My husband watches some TV program that has watches for sale.  Some are nice and some are really ugly.  He loves watches, may have to get him one for his birthday.

This one is skeleton front and back with some dead animal wrapping around my wrist.  I LIKE it! lol
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #870 on: July 14, 2007, 12:53:37 AM »

well I really want a trio of Hidalgo rings but I don't want dudes to dig it  Laughing

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: July 14, 2007, 12:55:10 AM »

What did you buy?  lol

Jewelry (ring)

Also exercise equipment that I have since given away.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: July 14, 2007, 12:56:11 AM »

This one is skeleton front and back with some dead animal wrapping around my wrist.  I LIKE it! lol

Ah the skeleton, yes I've seen that one on TV.  I've also seen the dead animal bands, some of which I was quite surprised of.  The most unusual material for a band I saw the other night was some kind of fish skin.  Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: July 14, 2007, 12:56:49 AM »

oh daughter conned me into buying one of those elliptical trainers a few years back when I really wanted a garden variety treadmill, I sure wish I could trade that awful thing for a treadmill now. I get going on that elliptical and it goes so fast I nearly fly off  Laughing

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #874 on: July 14, 2007, 12:57:05 AM »

What did you buy?  lol

Jewelry (ring)

Also exercise equipment that I have since given away.

I would give mine away...... but I would have to find a place to hang the clothes!   Crying or Very sad
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: July 14, 2007, 12:58:05 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
oh daughter conned me into buying one of those elliptical trainers a few years back when I really wanted a garden variety treadmill, I sure wish I could trade that awful thing for a treadmill now. I get going on that elliptical and it goes so fast I nearly fly off  Laughing

Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: July 14, 2007, 12:59:50 AM »

Laughing

I used to have good balance but not anymore - I got out of bed the other morning and wobbled right into a wall  Laughing  Laughing

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: July 14, 2007, 01:04:27 AM »

Ah the skeleton, yes I've seen that one on TV.  I've also seen the dead animal bands, some of which I was quite surprised of.  The most unusual material for a band I saw the other night was some kind of fish skin.  Laughing

Many, many, many years ago this career military guy dating my mom gave me a wallet made of elephant skin.  He also gave me a pool cue inlaid with ivory he picked up in Africa.  Alas, the days of ignorance....

I might take a picture of this watch tomorrow and ask for opinions.  I can always send it back within 30 days. lol
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: July 14, 2007, 01:04:34 AM »

Laughing

I used to have good balance but not anymore - I got out of bed the other morning and wobbled right into a wall  Laughing  Laughing

Maybe you need to take you skates off before you go to bed?  Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: July 14, 2007, 01:06:05 AM »

Laughing

Maybe you need to take you skates off before you go to bed?  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing I don't wanna

hey San is trying to steal my skates so I don't dare take them off !!  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.