April 20, 2024, 08:49:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Katie Holmes Escaped From TC :)  (Read 11044 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« on: July 02, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/

on Jul 02, 2012 @ 01:00 PM   

By Radar Staff

Katie Holmes orchestrated her escape from Tom Cruise and Scientology with surgical precision, and RadarOnline.com has all the details on the bold move that has dropped Hollywood's collective jaw. 

More....
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-scientology

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 05:19:02 PM »

Katie doesn't look happy

http://www.tmz.com/Sources connected to Tom tell TMZ ... Katie's contention is baffling, because he had "no idea" she was about to file for divorce. As the sources told us last week, Tom was "blindsided" by the filing.

Indeed, take a look at the pic (below) of Tom and Katie strolling the streets of Iceland hand-in-hand a little more than 2 weeks ago.

http://www.tmz.com/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:23:21 AM »

Katie and Suri should go to Coney Island for the Nathan's Hot Dog contest Smile

http://www.lunaparknyc.com/

I have a real problem feeling sorry for spoiled celeb's.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/katie-court-hearing-wants-child-support-tom
July 6,2012

Runner KATIE HOLMES court hearing, to ask for temporary child support for SURI.

Katie, 33,  will be in a family law courthouse on Tuesday, July 17 for her first divorce hearing against estranged husband, Tom Cruise, 50, at which time the actress will formally request temporary child support from the Mission Impossible star.
 ::snipping2::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »

According to the Newspapers Katie's lawyers have been working all weekend on a settlement.  Tom Cruise and his people (Scientology leader David Miscavige) don't want this to be a drawn out process.  This is bringing negative attention to Scientology and after all Miscavige needs his donations.

I remember from day one when they first started dating.  Katie's parents hated Tom Cruise but they put up with him for the sake of their child.  Katie was young when Tom Cruise picked her for his next wife.  This was an arrange Scientology style.  We all saw what Tom did on Oprah and we all thought (including Oprah) that he was off his rocker.

It's the world according to Tom.  If you don't do what he says and what he does then there is something wrong with you.  Tim was very quick to criticize Brook Shields for talking about her post postpartum depression.  He stuck his nose where he shouldn't have.  When Brook Shields shot back Tom Cruise backed off.  Tom Cruise was not about to take Brook Shields on.  She is smart and a Princeton Grad.

Katie's dad orchestrated her escape with perfection.  Katie deserves an academy award for her performance.  She knew she had to escape the madness and she didn't want her child being brought up like that.  She matured and saw the light and acted upon it.

When I first heard the news about them breaking up I said to people this kid better get herself a private security team.  The next day we all saw the type of people who were waiting outside her building and questioning people and they came and left the building.  They were asking them who they were and who other people were.  They were taking pictures of people entering and leaving.  The cops were called and when they went to question them to see what they were doing one the the guy gave a wise crack and said we are waiting for a bus.  Right then and there the cops should have told them to leave immediately and they didn't.

It is said Katie has one of the best divorce teams around.  According to Lisa Bloom who is Gloria Allred's daughter and is a lawyer said the following in an interview about her lawyers:

Lisa - who was on the receiving end of Mayefsky and his team when she divorced Phillip J. Smith, chairman of the Shubert Organization - said: ''Katie needs cutthroat lawyers because Tom is really powerful. The dirtier the better, so I think she made a good choice. They are known for being ruthless, and they normally win. They beat the (expletive) out of me. They make you out to be the biggest piece of trash there is. It took me a long time to get over it.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2012/07/04/20120704katie-holmes-will-play-tough-against-tom.html#ixzz2029jRHIL

I also read where when Tom divorced Nicole they said her kids will be told by Scientology that their mom is a sociopath.  That remark raised my eyebrow because that's what I think David Miscavige is (a Sociopath).

I don't believe Scientology is a religion.  Tom Cruise is their number one client and number one donator.  They can't afford to have him look bad because they want his money.

The best thing Katie had going for her was they her dad is a lawyer and his specialty is divorce.

Thank god for daddy.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »

I haven't been following so closely to know that Katie's dad was an attorney, that's great news!  I'm glad Katie and Suri are breaking free.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »

http://www.newser.com/story/149459/meet-the-man-behind-katie-holmes-split.html

Meet the Man Behind Katie Holmes' Split

You know, now that he has Suri, Tom may just start to understand that you never get between a baby girl and her daddy.  It just doesn't end well.  If everything said about Martin Holmes is true, then he's had Katie documenting things for quite some time that can be used against Tom and his religion.  I've never really liked him but his rant against Brooke Shields and her depression totally turned me off of him.  It showed him for the kook he is.  Hopefully, Katie can break all ties with this little alien wanna-be and find a guy a little more like her daddy.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-settlement-she-keeps-suri

Posted on Jul 09, 2012 @ 01:11PM   
By Alexis Tereszcuk - Radar Entertainment Editor

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have reached a divorce settlement, and as RadarOnline.com exclusively reported first, she will have primary custody of their daughter Suri Cruise.

Katie will continue to live in New York City with Suri, 6, and RadarOnline.com has exclusive details about Tom’s visitation rights, and one point that was important to Katie was that nanny and bodyguards she hired continue to be with Suri.

I have one question.  Does Suri keep all her shoes?  Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »

I wanna know what Katie had on Tom that he'd agree to a rush settlement so fast???

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »

I wanna know what Katie had on Tom that he'd agree to a rush settlement so fast???

Edit to add link for photo credit, MB
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/katie-holmes-rights-moves-escape-scientology-former-recruiter-exclusive
July 9, 2012
Hello Monkey's,

KittyMom,

My opinion, is she has stink on the Church people.  Smile
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:00:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »

Katie KOs ‘Sci’ guys in pact
By JEANE MACINTOSH

Last Updated: 6:28 AM, July 10, 2012

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise yesterday reportedly settled their divorce quietly and agreed to honor “each of our respective beliefs” — but Katie made damn sure that the Scientologists aren’t getting their paws on 6-year-old Suri.

Under terms of the settlement, Suri isn’t permitted to be exposed to anything Scientology-related, and this includes going to any Scientology churches, parties, etc.,” a source close to the negotiations told Radar Online.

“Katie made sure that this was ironclad in the agreement.”

http://www.nypost.com/

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/katie_kos_sci_guys_in_pact_YWMpDHhsz3zEqzHI3aQDyM#ixzz20DTLsK00

So they say....

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/09/pmt.01.html
PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT
Taxes and the Race for the White House; Cruise, Holmes and Scientology
Aired July 9, 2012 - 21:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

MORGAN: Plus, Hollywood's most gripping blockbuster Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes settle their divorce just 11 days after she filed. What may be going on behind the scenes? And what role, if any, did scientology play in that split? I'll talk to a woman who was a member of that church and the counselor who says he's helped countless ex- scientologists.

Coming up, the split that shook Hollywood. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. And when scientology was to blame.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TOM CRUISE, ACTOR: A scientologist is someone who could look at the world and really see what it is. Not only look at it and see it but be able to go and be effective and do something about it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: Tom cruise talking about scientologist in a video made in 2008. He and Katie Holmes signed a divorce settlement today less than two weeks after she filed. Speculation scientologist played a role in that split.

Former Scientologist Nancy Many, author of my "Billion Year Contract" joins me, along with mental health counselor, Steve Hassan, author of "Freedom of Mind," and Anthea Butler, an associate professor of religious studies and graduate chair of religion at the University of Pennsylvania.

Welcome. Welcome to you all. Let me start with you, Anthea Butler.

ANTHEA BUTLER, ASSOC. PROFESSOR, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA: Sure.

MORGAN: A lot of talk in the last few days about scientology because of the Tom Cruise split from his wife. What is scientology? Put it into context for anyone who hears the word and has no real idea what it means?

BUTLER: Yes, well, scientology was started by L. Ron Hubbard. First with a book called "Dianetics " in 1950. And at first this book "Dianetics" was about changing your life. Making things better for yourself. And in 1951, because of the success of the book, L. Ron Hubbard believed that this could go further. It could be a religion. And so that's how it started.

Scientologist is basically a way of clearing out the bad things in your life to make things better. But it is a very complicated -- what we could call in sociology, a new religious movement.

MORGAN: I mean, is it a religion? You're a professor of religion. You studied many, many religions.

BUTLER: Well, I tell people because I do study religion that I study it but I'm not going to make the judgment call of whether it's a religion or not. I think the way you have to look at scientology is how people are practicing this religion first off. And then secondarily, how does that religion interact with other traditions of faith, how does it interact with the government, et cetera, et cetera.

So while I am not comfortable saying it is not a religion because it's something I would teach and study, let's say, in a sociology/religion class, I'm sure there are lots of people who have different opinions about whether it's a religion or not.

MORGAN: Tom Cruise and Katie issued a statement today saying, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect to each other's commitment to each other of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents."

No mention there of scientology.

We bring in Steve Hassan, he's the author and mental health counselor. One of the big theories is that effectively Katie Holmes got fed up with the whole scientology aspect of this marriage. We don't actually know if that's true or not. But if you assume that that was becoming a problem in the relationship, how easy is it to leave a scientology relationship like this?

STEVE HASSAN, MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR: Well, Piers, ever since I left the Moonies in 1976, I've been actually talking with people involved in scientologist, coming out of scientology. Later I became a mental health professional. And have helped innumerable people coming out of it. It's incredibly difficult because of the indoctrination. First of all, it starts with deceptive recruitment. But the indoctrination, the hypnotic techniques that are used. The training routines. The processing that goes on. The installation of phobias. That if you leave the group, you're losing the bridge to total freedom.

The phobias that if you go to a mental health professional, you'll go insane, you'll get cancer, you'll be hit by a car. And the process itself of indoctrination actually creates a dissociative state where a person kind of has a scientology self and a real self.

MORGAN: Let me turn to you, Nancy Many. You were in the scientology church. What was the experience like for you?

NANCY MANY, FORMER SCIENTOLOGY MEMBER: Well, I must say something -- scientology may be working now as a religion. But I was involved for 23 years. And I worked with Hubbard himself for a large portion of that time. And I can tell you that I was raised Catholic and I never would have joined a church. And I was clearly shown policy letters by L. Ron Hubbard himself, the founder of scientology, where he said that the religion side of things was for the legal and attorneys and accountants only.

That the day-to-day business would not change. So what I joined was a self-help organization. We sold counseling. We sold courses. We sold books. And there were set fees. And people either liked them or they didn't. And there were a lot of people that really enjoyed that. And further on the line, when working with Hubbard directly --

MORGAN: But tell me this. Tell me this. Let me -- do people wildly exaggerate the scientologists?

MANY: It depends on your experience. And just like when you put your foot into a moving river, it's going to be different every time. And every individual that has a contact wit scientology has a very different understanding. They have key core organizations, which Tom Cruise is very connected with, called the sea organizations. And that's where the individuals sign their billion-year contracts.

Now, Suri and Katie are public scientologists. That's different. When you are committed to the billion-year contract, you are a member of a group that controls basically 24/7 your entire life. And that is not the case with Katie or Suri. They have a lot more freedom available to them. But, again, the age that Suri is at is -- she's ready for school. And there is a choice there for her parents as to whether it's going to be a scientology school or any other kind of school.

MORGAN: Well, for now, Nancy Many, Steve Hassan, and Anthea Butler, thank you all very much.

MANY: Thank you very much.

BUTLER: Thank you, Piers.

HASSAN: Thank you. MORGAN: After that interview, we received a statement from the Church of Scientology in response to our repeated requests. The statement from the church says, "With respect to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorce, the church has no comment. Please direct any questions to our representative. This is and always was a private family matter and the church will continue to respect their privacy.

"With respect to your other questions, the church regrets that excommunicated self-serving apostates are sadly exploiting private family members to further their hate-filled agendas against their former faith. Having left the church many years ago, these sources have no current knowledge about the church and their recollections are distorted by their animosity. Every religion has its detractors and these stories come at a time of tremendous church growth. Anyone desiring correct information about the church can find it on the church's Web site."

When we come back, a Hollywood star who worked with Tom Cruise on one of his biggest movies, director Rob Reiner.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JACK NICHOLSON, ACTOR: You want answers?

TOM CRUISE, ACTOR: I think I'm entitled.

NICHOLSON: You want answers.

CRUISE: I want the truth.

NICHOLSON: You can't handle the truth.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: One of the great movie scenes, a confrontation between Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson from 1992's "A Few Good Men." One of Hollywood's biggest directors, Rob Reiner, directed Tom in that film. And he joins me now to talk about Tom Cruise, President Obama, and his new movie, "The Magic of Belle Isle." We've got lots to talk about.

Rob Reiner, welcome. How are you?

ROB REINER, DIRECTOR: Good. How are you doing, Piers?

MORGAN: Good. I want to start quickly with Tom Cruise. Obviously all over the news again, as befits a man of his movie star status. What kind of guy is Tom Cruise? You worked with him. You directed him. There's lots of stuff being said about the man. What's he really like?

REINER: Well, just as a professional actor, you couldn't have anybody who was more dedicated, more passionate about his work. I mean, you know, from a director's standpoint, he was a dream to work with, because he always came on time; he knew what he was doing. He was a hard worker and all of that.

I mean, the Scientology aspects of his life really didn't come into play in his day-to-day performance on the set. So I can't really speak to that part of him.

MORGAN: You've been married for 23 years to your wife, Michelle. What is the secret? You've seen many, many Hollywood marriage, not just Tom Cruise's but many others come and go, and fall and fail. What's been the secret to your successful marriage would you say?

REINER: Well, you know, a number of years ago, my mother and father celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. And my mother said -- when they asked her what the secret to that was, she said, "find someone who can stand you." Not find somebody you can put up with, find somebody who can stand you.

I very luckily found somebody who can stand me and I can stand her. And we love each other. And we're best friends. And you go from there.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:45 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/09/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Violence Erupts in Court Outside Double Murder Trial; Fathers Fight at Little League Game
Aired July 9, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

And breaking news out of Hollywood. We`ll tell you about the latest stunning twist involving superstar Tom Cruise and estranged wife Katie Holmes.

Plus, secrets of Scientology exposed. Was Tom`s strong ties to the controversial religion behind the couple`s split?
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Their marriage began as a fairy tale. Let`s be honest. Made for the movies.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She said Tom`s poster once hung on her bedroom wall.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This went from what a lot of people might be a publicity stunt to something a little bit strange.

KATIE HOLMES, ACTRESS: I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: People couldn`t understand why the two of them were together. There`s a huge age difference. They were at very different places in their careers.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Cruise`s representative said it was Holmes` decision to end the marriage.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What may have led Tom-kat to turmoil.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her main concern is her daughter`s best interest.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I mean, who knows? The fact that we haven`t seen her, this could actually get pretty nasty.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Breaking news tonight: Tom and Katie reach a settlement. And it could be the speediest divorce settlement deal ever. It has been less than two weeks since Katie Holmes filed for divorce. And just hours ago we learned she has filed an agreement with Tom Cruise. It seems they fell out of love as quickly as they fell in love.

You remember this, of course, from Oprah.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OPRAH WINFREY, TALK SHOW HOST: We`ve never seen you behave this way before.

TOM CRUISE, ACTOR: I know.

WINFREY: Have you ever felt this way before?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: After five years of marriage, actress Katie Holmes suddenly filed for divorce while her "Mission Impossible" star husband was in Iceland, of all places, filming a movie calling "Oblivion", of all things. Tom said he was stunned.

Soon after reports that Katie wanted sole custody of their six-year- old daughter, Suri, and speculation swirled that the divorce could get ugly. Then boom, suddenly a settlement.

Straight out to TMZ news manager Mike Walters; Mike what`s the inside story on this settlement? What do you know?

MIKE WALTERS, TMZ NEWS MANAGER: Well Jane, we have some details of the settlement. What I can tell you is they spent four days in New York hashing this thing out. Lawyers spent every day together trying to figure out these minute details. And I can tell you it`s very, very detailed.

What I do know is that Katie will have primary custody. Tom will get a lot of visitation and custodial time with his daughter. I can tell you that Suri is going to be exposed to some religion. You know, Scientology was a big deal during the beginning of this divorce when they first started the proceedings. She will get some of it, but a little bit at a time. What we`re told is as she gets older, she`ll be exposed to more stuff and be able to make her own decisions.

There is several stories out there that are completely false about Katie having her bodyguard and nanny with Tom the whole time. There`s stuff about them moving the divorce to California. All this stuff is wrong.

Basically, it`s very detailed. The $275 million, you know, big bulk of money here, we still don`t know exactly how that`s going to be hashed out. But I can tell you, there will be some Scientology, but Suri will live with Katie Holmes and spend most of her time with Katie.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you mean, there will be some Scientology?

WALTERS: Well, you know, Jane, in the beginning we were told that Katie`s people were saying that she doesn`t want Suri to have any connection to the Church of Scientology, and that was the main reason to get out now in the divorce.

That was still true during negotiations. But what they decided on is to have some exposure, limited and very detailed into what they can and can`t tell her or show her for now. As she gets older then is she going to be exposed to more items in the church and even whatever religion Katie Holmes decides to raise her daughter in. She`ll get some of it, but very little for now, until she`s older.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me read something from Katie`s reps and lawyer because they sent this, and they want this to be read. "There are numerous inaccuracies in the reports regarding the purported contents of the agreement reached between the parties. The agreement is confidential, and its terms will not be disclosed."

And so I can tell you that we have heard everything from, oh, she`s going to get $3 million for every year of the five-year marriage, which would amount to $15 million. He`s worth $270 million. The point is, we don`t know about the money.

But I want to go out to a very special guest who can talk about the other aspect, the Scientology aspect. Karen dela Carriere is the ex-wife of the former president of Scientology International, which is simply one part of the church of Scientology.

Now, Karen was with the church for 35 years, but I understand you left, and you are now an outspoken critic. So I want to stress that you have a grudge. You`re not an independent ******* here. You have a real rift with the Church of Scientology.

You claim you were excommunicated because of your defiance and that just recently your son passed away, and you claim the church did not notify you, and you had to find out through Facebook.

So Karen, you`ve been quoted as saying it is suffocating when Scientology becomes the third person in your bed. It`s an intrusion. You`re straight jacketed. We`ve reached out to the church for a response. We never heard back. Scientology is invited on our show any time.

But what do you mean when you say Scientology becomes the third person in your bed?

KAREN DE LA CARRIERE, FORMER MEMBER, CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY: Well -- you know that David Miscavige went on honeymoon with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Since --

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I don`t know that. I have no independent confirmation. Let me just ask you in general what you meant -- names aside. I have no independent confirmation of that. But what did you mean in essence when you said that? And why do you feel that that might be a factor in their divorce?

DE LA CARRIERE: Because Katie Holmes` staff would have been Scientologists that reported to David on her every move. Scientology would be intrusive into every aspect. When a person is very high profile, Scientologist is embedded in every aspect of their lives.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Like what? What aspect?

(CROSSTALK)

DE LA CARRERE: Well, if your staff that work for you are all Scientologist that reports to the church. If your -- the intrusion is that Scientology lives with you 24 hours a day. Isn`t that intrusion?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: If that were the case, but again, I have no independent confirmation. I wanted to ask you, you have been involved in Scientology. You are no longer involved.

DE LA CARRIERE: Jane, you have to talk -- Jane, I don`t just fantasize. I`m very plugged into the Scientology community. I`m even in communication with people who know the staff and independently aside from this three or four minutes we have, anything I say can be backed up by documents or people who were right there at the time.

I`m not just saying stuff to you that I make up. The fact that David Miscavige went on honeymoon, there are pictures of the honeymoon all over the world with David Miscavige, Katie and things -- all over the world. Just Google images.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. All right. And again, I have no independent confirmation. We will check that out. And he is invited on our show, just to be fair any time.

DE LA CARRIERE: By the way, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes? Go ahead.

DE LA CARRIERE: You are a kindred spirit. I`m very big animal activist. And the reason I agreed to come on is I`m vegetarian vegan like you. And you are a kindred spirit on animal abuse. Just so you know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, thank you. Well, I always speak out for the animals. They are voiceless and they cannot speak out for themselves.

DE LA CARRIERE: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, we do have that in common. And thank you for that.

I`m just asking you in general because I cannot speak to the people who you name. So that`s what I`m saying. If you speak in generalities, you can describe what you`re saying is a problem with the marriage as opposed to --

DE LA CARRIERE: Well, the person you should --

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m talking to you right now. So tell me in general why you feel Katie Holmes might have, in your opinion, felt that Scientology was a negative impact on her marriage. That`s what I want to ask you in general terms.

DE LA CARRIERE: Because the Internet videos, Anderson Cooper, history of violence, "St. Petersburg Times" have numerous videos. I think the atrocities on the darker side of Scientology resonates all over the web, all over YouTube.

Google David Miscavige abuse, David Miscavige beatings. You get 380,000 hits. I believe that some of the darker side of Scientology trickled through to Katie. And she heard it -- she heard what happens.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Karen, thank you for your input. Just give me one second. I want to also talk to Lisa Meyer, family law attorney and celebrity divorce attorney. But to your point, Tom Cruise has spoken out about what scientists call suppressive persons, which they all call SPs for short. That`s the term used for people who try to impede the mission of Scientology. And listen to this from the Church of Scientology.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CRUISE: So I said, are you an SP? I looked at them, you know, and thought what a beautiful thing because maybe one day it will be like that. You know what I`m saying? Maybe one day it will be that. Wow, SPs, they`ll just read about those in history books.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Lisa Meyer, family law attorney, celebrity divorce attorney, I`ve heard that you have dealt peripherally with Scientology divorce. What are your thoughts on this? Could Scientology have been a factor in the divorce?

LISA MEYER, CELEBRITY DIVORCE ATTORNEY: I have represented Jane, many spouses that have gone through divorce that are Scientologists. And frankly speaking, their divorces really are no different than any other person`s divorce.

What I think the real issue here is, is when you marry somebody and you are different religions, and you can`t reconcile those differences, as you continue to be married and you can`t work those things out, they`re going to pretty much eventually destroy your marriage. And it looks like those are some of the differences that occurred in this marriage that impacted this marriage. But there`s probably other factors as well.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me jump in and just ask you about Suri because Suri was obviously a main focus. And as a six-year-old, this is the time when you start thinking about schooling and about religious education. Thoughts, Lisa?

MEYER: Well, yes. That`s true. But Katie knew from day one what Tom`s religious practices were. And I don`t know what really changed. So the fact that Suri is now six years old. I don`t really buy that. I think what really happened here is I think Kate Holmes grew up. Katie Holmes grew up. She`s now a mature woman. And she wants her own independent life. And it just wasn`t working with Tom.

Not only do they have the religious differences, which were probably pretty massive. But also he was gone all the time filming. He was in Iceland, as you pointed, out when she filed. And she probably wants a real partner in life and he`s not working for her anymore.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, in a joint statement, Tom and Katie said they`re working together as parents. They want their privacy. And they seem to acknowledge the Scientology scrutiny, in any case, saying quote, "They express our respect for each other`s commitment to each of our respective beliefs. Final thought, Lisa Meyer.

MEYER: I think that was very carefully crafted, and I think the message that they wanted to impart to the public is very clear. "Stay out of our public lives -- the public stay out of our private lives. And we are going to work together because we are going to expose our daughter to each of our religious practices and belief." There is no doubt about that when you read that.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 01:41:29 PM »

Suri Cruise
Triggered
Divorce Settlement

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise went from zero to nuclear war in an instant when she filed divorce papers, but it was little Suri who became the peacemaker ... sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ. ::snipping2::

Edit to add direct link to article and article date. MB    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/10/suri-cruise-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-settlement/
July 10, 2012
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:31:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/09/sbt.01.html
SHOWBIZ TONIGHT
Tom-Kat Reaches a Settlement; Tom Cruise`s Other Battle
Aired July 9, 2012 - 23:00:00   ET

NISCHELLE TURNER, GUEST HOST: Tonight, on SHOWBIZ TONIGHT, Tom and Katie`s divorce deal - signed, sealed and almost delivered. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes strike a deal in their blockbuster divorce.

Did Katie get what she wanted? And what about Suri? Tonight, the not so late breaking details in the not-so-impossible Tom-Kat settlement.

(MUSIC)

Hello. A.J. Hammer is off tonight. I`m Nischelle Turner in Hollywood. And wow, how did that happen? How in the world did Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reach a divorce settlement so fast, less than two weeks after Katie kicked Tom to the curb?

The news came both fast and furious today. Tom and Katie`s camps both telling SHOWBIZ TONIGHT the deal is done.

But if you think that there`s all there is, well, hold on just a second, because SHOWBIZ TONIGHT can tell you, the deal itself remains cloaked in mystery. And it may also show that there is little doubt that Katie seems to be the one in control.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

(voice-over) The Tom-Kat divorce war is over before it started. Less than two weeks after Katie Holmes shocked the world by filing to divorce Tom Cruise, the ex-couple revealed today they have now reached a divorce deal.

ERIN CARLSON, "THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER": The fact that this case was kept out of the courts, it just seemed like Tom really wanted to avoid any tabloid drama.

TURNER: Here`s what Katie Holmes`s attorney tells SHOWBIZ TONIGHT, "The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed. We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life. We thank Tom`s counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about a speedy resolution."

And in a joint statement, Tom and Katie tell us, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri`s best interest."

TURNER: SHOWBIZ TONIGHT can tell you in a career spotted with brilliant work -

TOM CRUISE, ACTOR: I`m a cautionary tale.

TURNER: And not-so-brilliant actions, like not sitting still during that Oprah interview -

OPRAH WINFREY, MEDIA MOGUL: That`s how you felt?

TURNER: Settling his divorce case quickly may have been the smartest thing Tom Cruise has ever done. SHOWBIZ TONIGHT can tell you from the moment Katie blindsided Tom by filing for divorce, she held all the cards.

One big reason, a fight with Katie threatened to hit Tom in a potentially vulnerable place, his devotion to the Church of Scientology.

CARLSON: It`s been reported that scientology is the key factor in Katie`s decision to divorce. She does not want to raise Suri as a scientologist.

TURNER: Which would have almost certainly put scientology front and center in any divorce fight, especially in a custody battle over Tom and Katie`s six-year-old daughter, Suri.

CARLSON: A bitter Hollywood divorce, according to high-ranking scientologists who left the church, could do major damage it Tom`s career as well as scientology.

TURNER: "The Hollywood Reporter`s" Erin Carlson tells SHOWBIZ TONIGHT they talked to a number of ex scientologists who say a Cruise divorce battle could have made things uncomfortable for the secretive church.

CARLSON: One former member told "THR" that Katie is scientology`s biggest nightmare. Sources say, you know, her departure could blow the church wide open and expose some of the allegations that have dogged the church.

TURNER: In the past, Tom`s devotion to scientology has gotten him criticized like when he famously sparred with Matt Lauer over scientology on the "Today" show.

CRUISE: You`re glib.

TURNER: And it`s gotten him mocked.

CRUISE: The more you know as a scientologist, you don`t become overwhelmed by it.

TURNER: Like when that Tom Cruise scientology video was spoofed by Jerry O`Connell on FunnyOrDie.com.

JERRY O`CONNELL, COMEDIAN: Then, he says the aristocrats.

TURNER: In fact, in a recent interview with "Playboy," Tom implied he is done talking about scientology so often. He said, "When I`m promoting a film, I`m not going to get caught up in anything else, that includes all my personal things."

So when facing a public divorce from Kate, Tom had a choice to make - make this go away quickly or deal with the more thorny questions about scientology.

CARLSON: Tom is interested in preserving the image of scientology and his own image as a bankable movie star in Hollywood.

TURNER: But a quick divorce isn`t only good for Tom, it`s good for Katie, who`s reportedly about to start work on a new movie.

CARLSON: Katie just wants it put this marriage behind her and move on as a single mother, resurrect her career.

TURNER: And of course, it`s good for Suri, who won`t have to watch her loving parents fight over her in court. So what`s in the divorce deal? Holmes` attorney tells HLN tonight, the terms of the settlement are confidential.

So it appears this Hollywood marriage will end with a whimper and not a bang. And in a case like this, that`s the closest thing to a happy ending.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

All right. So if you`re like us, you are probably scratching your head right now over Tom and Katie`s shocking divorce settlement, right? We just learned of her move to New York City.

She hired high-powered attorneys and even filed for sole custody of Suri. And now, they settle? We have got to ask, how did this happen?

Let me bring in Sunny Hostin, legal contributor for "In Session" on Tru TV. And with me, from Hollywood here, Dylan Howard, editor-in-chief of CelebBuzz.com.

All right, so this divorce has been on the nasty track from the moment we learned of it. And it seems like the settlement just kind of plopped out of nowhere, Sunny.

I mean, What does this mean? Do you think somebody backed down here? Do you think it was Katie or do you think it was Tom that gave in?

SUNNY HOSTIN, LEGAL CONTRIBUTOR, "IN SESSION": I don`t think there is any indication it was Katie, because this is a very shrewd lady in terms of this divorce.

I mean, let`s face it. This is not Tom Cruise`s first, you know, run down the aisle. This is his third time marrying. The first two times, he was the one that initiated the divorce.

He was the one that sort of held all the cards. Remember, in 2000 when he surprised Nicole Kidman with divorce, he got custody of the children.

TURNER: Right.

HOSTIN: And so I think it was very clear that Katie has been sort of driving the divorce train here. She filed in New York which is very, very important and because, typically, New York courts don`t like joint custody arrangements.

They are more prone to give, you know, single custody, sole custody. And also, in New York, a lot of divorce filings are kept sealed as opposed to California where you get more information.

And it`s rumored - and I`m not sure if it`s true, Nischelle, maybe can you tell me - her father is in fact an attorney. And so this was -

TURNER: Yes, he is.

HOSTIN: And so this was certainly a very shrewd way of going about divorcing Tom Cruise.

TURNER: Those are all great points, Sunny. And you`re right, her father is an attorney. And that probably had something to do with how precise this whole thing was.

And you know, Katie has been the one that we`ve seen out and about. She`s even been out shopping in Whole Foods supermarket. And she seems to have really been controlling every single move here. Dylan, is that how you see this too?

DYLAN HOWARD, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, CELEBBUZZ.COM: Indeed it is, Nischelle. And if you take it back to end of last week, Tom Cruise`s long time attorney, Bert Fields, said that actor was content to let this play out for some time, because he accused team Holmes of, quote, "playing the media."

Now, fast track to today, and a settlement has been done. The last two weeks have by disastrous for Tom Cruise, but more so disastrous for the Church of Scientology.

And if this was to become a contentious litigation in a court, California or New York, inevitably, many fear that the scientology secrets would have been spilled.

So facing the court, facing two courts, the court of law and the court of public opinion, Tom Cruise moved swiftly over the weekend to reach this settlement.

TURNER: Yes, the more you guys talk about this, the more it really does seem like Katie seriously was in control here. Because this morning, just an hour before both of Tom and Katie`s reps told SHOWBIZ TONIGHT the deal was done, here is what they told us.

Let me read this to you. They said, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what`s in our daughter Suri`s best interest. Wasn`t to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other`s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other`s roles as parents."

Now, I know where my mind went when I read this, Sunny. But what does this say to you? Does this say like Tom is going to pull back the reins of scientology when it comes to his daughter, Suri?

HOSTIN: No, it doesn`t necessarily say that. And we don`t know what it really means, right? Because all the terms of the settlement are going to remain confidential, I`m certain.

But I think it is code speak for the fact that Tom wanted the public to realize that scientology or his belief would still be respected and that his role as Suri`s dad would still be respected.

There is no question in my mind that that sort of respective belief language was inserted by Tom`s team.

HOSTIN: He wanted the world to know that he is a scientologist and Katie thinks it`s OK.

TURNER: Yes. Dylan, quickly. I want your take on this, too, but quickly.

HOWARD: Not sure whether or not Katie believes that it`s OK, but a telling statement, nonetheless and it gives rise to both sides. Indeed Katie could be suggesting that it had a contributing factor in her ultimate decision.

TURNER: All right, guys. Stick around with me because I think we are just kind of scratching the surface here. And I want to hear more of what you all have to say about this. But thank you for now. .

All right, now that Tom and Katie reached a settlement in their divorce, the question is, is it over? What about - what will the divorce reveal about Tom and Katie`s marriage? And is scientology out of Katie and Suri`s life now for good?

Plus, SHOWBIZ TONIGHT takes you inside Tom`s ties to scientology.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CRUISE: When you drive past an accident, it is not like anyone else. You drive past. You know you have to do something about it, because you know you are the only one that can really help.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: A lot of people think scientology broke up Tom and Katie`s marriage, but what is the real deal here? Does Tom care more about his church than his wife? It`s a SHOWBIZ special report. This is SHOWBIZ TONIGHT on HLN.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

TURNER: Welcome back to SHOWBIZ TONIGHT. And now, we know that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reached a divorce settlement today.

But the multimillion-dollar question is this, what`s going to Katie get?

Back with me now, Sunny Hostin, legal contributor for "In Session" on Tru TV. And with me here from Hollywood, Dylan Howard, editor-in-chief of CelebBuzz.com.

All right, guys. So Katie reportedly had this pre-nuptial agreement with Tom that entitled her to $3 million for every year she was married.

So Sunny, do you think she`s going to walk away with just that, $15 million here?

HOSTIN: You know, she certainly is going to walk away with at least $15 million, but we don`t know what cards she had, what card she was holding in terms of these negotiations.

They ended awfully quick. She filed for divorce, June 28th and they reached a settlement two weeks later and with - probably, she`ll get sole custody of her daughter, Suri, with visitation for Tom Cruise.

That tells me that she was holding something. She had some sort of card that she played, and that could equal more money.

TURNER: We know that Tom is a really generous guy. We have all heard the stories about him treating his cast and crew on movie sets to massages and different treats like that.

Dylan, you know, Katie is the mother of his child, so do you think he just sweetened the deal and said, "Here you go?"

HOWARD: Forget about the money. The most important thing she won in this settlement was control over six-year-old Suri.

HOSTIN: Yes.

HOWARD: She will make the key decisions when it comes to her education, the upbringing she has. And my sources are also telling me that, indeed, when Tom does have visitation, that Suri will be supervised by the nanny that comes from the Holmes household so that she is not disrupted when she goes to visit her father.

So forget about the money. She has raised a lot of money herself during a distinguished Hollywood career. The most crucial thing here was control.

TURNER: Wow. OK. So we know that since Katie filed for divorce, she has been staying in this rental apartment in New York. But Tom reportedly also owns a ton of property.

Let`s look at this. He has this $35 million mansion, number one, in Beverly Hills, a reported $15 million brownstone in Manhattan, another multimillion dollar home in the Hollywood Hills and a mansion in Telluride, Colorado.

Now, Sunny, Tom brought the $35 million mansion after he and Katie were married. So could she, should she, get that in the settlement?

HOSTIN: It`s quite possible. I mean, again, a lot of this will have to do with the pre-nuptial agreement and what she agreed to.

But let`s face it, he`s going to want to make sure that his six-year-old daughter lives a certain lifestyle. He is going to want to pay child support, and he will have to pay child support.

So I suspect one of the aspects of this deal will be where will Suri live? And you know, if she is in New York, why shouldn`t she live in this brownstone? Why shouldn`t she be afforded a certain lifestyle?

TURNER: Absolutely. Absolutely. You know, we wanted to ask people what they are thinking about this. So here`s what we`re asking in our SHOWBIZ exclusive poll now - "Tom Cruise`s Divorce Dilemma: Will Katie Holmes get whatever she wants?"

Dylan, what do you think? Whatever she wants? I know you say control is what she wanted.

HOWARD: Indeed. And she does walk away with $15 million, if you equate that $3 million. And there`s also the suggestion she will acquire a home in Montecito, California.

I do think that Katie really got what she wanted in this. And the fact of the matter is, she signed, she held the cards. She could have held out. She could have litigated this if she wanted, but she didn`t.

And the pace at which it was done suggests to me that she well and truly is content with this.

HOSTIN: Agreed.

TURNER: I was about to say, Dylan, I know you`re a gentleman, but I was going to give you the last word. But I love that Sunny snuck that in there. Good stuff, guys. Sunny Hostin and Dylan Howard, thanks so much.

So now that Tom and Katie have reached a settlement, is the worst over? Tonight, the secrets of Tom and Katie`s marriage. What will the divorce reveal? And what about Suri? Will this settlement uncover all the Tom-Kat marriage mysteries?

Plus, a Katie Holmes insider. "American Idol" executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, speaks out about working with Katie and how he thinks she is handling the divorce. Nigel Lythgoe reveals his take on the Tom-Kat divorce in a must-see SHOWBIZ newsmaker interview. This is SHOWBIZ TONIGHT on HLN.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CRUISE: I`ve come to answer to your prayers. Life has no meaning any more, does it? What if I can give it back to you?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

And here`s what is coming up at the bottom of the hour on SHOWBIZ TONIGHT - the inside story of Tom Cruise`s ties to scientology.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CRUISE: The way I do everything. There`s nothing - it`s -

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: A lot of people think scientology is what broke up Tom`s marriage to Katie Holmes. But what`s the real story? We have got Tom`s scientology secrets, coming up. This is SHOWBIZ TONIGHT on HLN.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

TURNER: Big news breaking on SHOWBIZ TONIGHT - the Tom and Katie divorce deal. The stunning about face in Hollywood`s blockbuster divorce battle. So did Katie get sole custody of Suri? Is scientology out of their lives for good?

SHOWBIZ reveals Tom`s special ties to the religion and why he thinks scientologists have special powers to help the world.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CRUISE: When we drive past an accident, it is not like anyone else. As you drive past, you know you have to do something, because you know you`re the only one who can really help.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: Tonight, the new scientology secrets we`re learning from the Tom- Kat divorce.

ANNOUNCER: TV`s most provocative entertainment news show continues right now.

(MUSIC)

TURNER: Hello, I`m Nischelle Turner in Hollywood. A.J. Hammer has the night off. Tonight, working with Katie.

Today, we went right to someone who knows Katie Holmes very well, right as we got the news this afternoon that she and Tom Cruise have reached a divorce settlement.

Tom and Katie`s reps tell SHOWBIZ TONIGHT, "We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri`s best interest. We want it keep the matters of our family private and express our respect for each other`s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other`s roles as parents."

So it seems they are focusing on their six-year-old daughter, Suri, right now. But how is Katie Holmes coping? Nigel

Nigel Lythgoe, who is the executive producer of "American Idol," worked very closely with Katie when she appeared on his other hit show, "So You Think You Can Dance."

He has also worked with Katie to co-found the charitable Dizzy Feet Foundation. Nigel Lythgoe now producing and starring in a new series airing on E! called "Opening Act" along with Fallout Boys Pete Wentz who went through a very public divorce from Ashlee Simpson.

Now, earlier today, I spoke with both Pete and Nigel.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

(on camera) You are friends with Katie Holmes and you guys co-founded the foundation, Dizzy Feet, which is wonderful because it has done so much.

NIGEL LYTHGOE, "AMERICAN IDOL" PRODUCER: Dizzy Feet Foundation, yes.

TURNER: Yes. And we haven`t heard much from Katie since she filed for divorce from Tom Cruise. But as somebody who knows her, you worked with her, how do you think she is coping? Because she seems like she is being really strong.

LYTHGOE: Well, listen, I`ve been through a divorce myself, and it`s no fun. You know, there`s no right here and there`s no wrongs. And it is just something that you have to cope with.

It is one of those life situations, just like losing somebody close to you in the family. It is something you have to get on with. And that sort of strengthens us all.

Human beings are terribly resilient when they have to be. And I`m sure Katie is going through a really tough time at the moment. But she will find the strength to get through it, as will Tom.

It`s just a situation that is, you know, a life situation that many people go through. It is just that they happen to be front page news, you know.

TURNER: Exactly. And you know, Katie - she has actually been scrutinized and criticism criticized over the years. And I remember when you came to her defense a few years ago when she was on "So You Think You Can Dance" because a lot of people gave her grief for her performance on that show.

But now, what it seems like is that the tide may be changing and that there are people jumping on her side and coming to her defense. Do feel that? Do you think people are starting to cheer her on now?

LYTHGOE: To be honest with you, you know, I haven`t really been watching the situation too much. I`ve been in the U.K. going to a friend`s wedding there.

So you know, there`s people getting married. There`s people getting divorced. And the rest of us are just getting on with our lives.

So it is no big thing in my life at the moment. I support them both. I wish them both well. And I hope they get through this and come out the other side of it with as much dignity as is humanly possible.

TURNER: I hear you, and that`s a really good point, because, Pete, you went through high profile divorce with your ex-wife, Ashlee Simpson. And you did it with a lot of class, a lot of grace.

You guys really took the high road. How do you get through something like that, when everybody is watching, and all eyes are on every move you make and it is so personal?

PETE WENTZ, SINGER: I mean, I think that if there`s kids involved or family involved, you just do what`s best for them. And I mean, I`m not the kind of person that reads gossip about myself so, I mean, it could be terrible.

It could be that me and Nigel were hanging out eating curry at his house last night. But you know, you can`t really pay attention to it.

Life`s short. So you should find what you enjoy and find the friendships and relationships that you enjoy and figure it out for yourself.

TURNER: Any advice, as a dad, to Tom and Katie, when you have a child? You know, how do you put the kids first? Because everybody says it, but how do you really do it?

LYTHGOE: The most important thing, I think, is that both parents continue to show love to their children. It`s not the children`s fault you`re splitting up.

It is maybe nobody`s fault. You just come to that decision and you have to run with it. So it`s really important now that both parents share in the child`s life, I think.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

TURNER: Great advice for Tom and Katie from Nigel Lythgoe. But you know what? We`re not through with those guys yet. Wait until you hear what Nigel and Pete Wentz reveal about their new show on E! called "Opening Act."

And Nigel breaks news about a report that he may hire Adam Lambert to be a judge on "American Idol." So is the Tom-Kat divorce deal revealed today the end of drama, or is it just the beginning?

Now, their attorneys called the deal confidential, but there are some serious divorce secrets about to be revealed. Or will this private deal keep them secret forever?

We are taking on all the burning questions with Sunny Hostin who is a legal contributor for "In Session" on Tru TV. All right, sunny, I want to get right to this first burning question.

Now that Katie and Tom seem to be working out the custody battle over their daughter, Suri, in private, does this mean that the divorce papers aren`t going to come out in any way?

HOSTIN: I think that`s right. I mean, typically, when you sign a confidential settlement agreement, everything is shut down, and we want that in a case like this or, I should say, we don`t want that.

But Tom and Katie want that because public image is everything for two very public people. So I suspect that we will not see any more filings.

TURNER: And you know, it seems like the whole world is kind of focused on six-year-old Suri`s future. There was speculation she was being, I don`t know, groomed to be fully trained in the ways of the Church of Scientology.

So what can we expect now to find out about how Tom and Katie have actually been raising her?

HOSTIN: You know, I think that`s interesting, because Katie has made it pretty clear, I think, if all this is rumor said true, that she wants to protect Suri at all costs.

And I`m a mother and I get that. And so you know, I suspect she wants some privacy in raising Suri. And if she is to get sole custody with Tom Cruise getting liberal visitation, I think she will be pretty protective over what the public learns about Suri and her upbringing.

TURNER: Now, you know, there are so many reports that say Katie will split with the Church of Scientology as much as she does with Tom. So here is the next burning question. Are we actually going to find out more about Tom`s role in the controversial religion, the Church of Scientology?

HOSTIN: You know, I think we may. You know, there`s no question that we can glean from what we will be seeing, right?

HOSTIN: And if we don`t see Katie Holmes participating in any scientology, if we see her going to a Catholic church, if we see Suri perhaps getting first communion or being confirmed and we still see Tom Cruise very much so involved in the Church of Scientology, I think we will be able to sort of understand what is going on.

And also, that will give us some pretty good insight into whether or not scientology was, quite frankly, one of the integral parts of the divorce.

TURNER: Yes, I agree with you, sunny. I still think there is a lot for us to find out here.

HOSTIN: Oh yes.

TURNER: Thank you very much. Moving on to show business special report. Tonight, Tom Cruise`s deep ties to scientology. He`s never been shy about pledging allegiance to his controversial religion.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CRUISE: The way I do everything. There`s nothing part of the way for me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: So exactly what goes on inside the secret world of scientology, and what role did it possibly play in the Tom-Kat divorce drama? SHOWBIZ TONIGHT reveals all of the Tom Cruise scientologist secrets tonight. This is SHOWBIZ TONIGHT on HLN.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

TURNER: So is Tom really married to the church? Does Tom care more about his controversial faith than his wife? Scientology is definitely out of mainstream, famous for its secret rules and unusual beliefs. But what exactly goes on inside the world of scientology? And just what is Tom Cruise`s relationship to it?

Well, SHOWBIZ TONIGHT is revealing all of Tom`s scientology secrets in the SHOWBIZ special report with Tom Foreman.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

TOM FOREMAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): When it comes to Scientology, Tom Cruise may well be the faith`s most combative celebrity defender, famously tearing into NBC`s Matt Lauer over the church`s repudiation of psychiatry.

CRUISE: Do you know what Adderall is? Do you Ritalin? Do you know now that Ritalin is a street drug? Do you understand that?

MATT LAUER, NBC: The difference is -

CRUISE: Matt, I`m asking you a question.

LAUER: I understand there`s abuse of all of these things.

CRUISE: No, you see, here is the problem. You don`t know the history of psychiatry; I do.

FOREMAN: Although Cruise joined Scientology in the 1980s, over the past decade his public identification with the group has been much more pronounced.

He`s explained his beliefs on talk shows, in the press and Scientology meetings featuring Cruise with his "Mission Impossible" theme in the background and the star giving a military salute to a Scientology leader.

CRUISE: It`s a privilege to call yourself a Scientologist. It`s something you have to earn. Because Scientologist does, he or she has the ability to create new and better realities and improve conditions.

FOREMAN: Many of Cruise`s statements underscore a central lesson of the faith, that its followers can accomplish great things.

CRUISE: When you drive past an accident, it`s not like anyone else as you drive past, you know you have to do something about it because you know you`re the only that can really help. I won`t hesitate to (UNINTELLIGIBLE).

FOREMAN: Such talk echoes teachings laid out in the 1950s by the faith`s founder, science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard. He created an outline for conduct and advancement.

For example, through counseling sessions referred to as audits, followers are supposed to be led toward positive thinking and achieving their goals no matter how ambitious. Listen again as Cruise talks to fellow devotees about world leaders.

CRUISE: They want help and they are depending on people who know and who can be effective and do it and that`s us.

FOREMAN: That was 2004. By 2005, Cruise was expressing even more enthusiasm over actress Katie Holmes, most notably by jumping around on Oprah`s sofa. So what happened?

Holmes, who was raised Catholic, is believed to have converted to Scientology as her relationship with Cruise grew. In the wake of their split, there are reports that she is concerned over their daughter Suri being raised in the faith.

For now, neither is addressing those reports. Holmes attorney called the divorce a private matter and said her primary concern is her daughter`s best interest.

Cruise`s attorney did not respond to CNN inquiries but told "The Los Angeles Times" his client hoped the divorce would not be contentious.

Cruise has spoken dismissively of what Scientologists call SPs, suppressive persons, the term used for people who try to impede the mission of Scientology.

CRUISE: They said, have you met an SP? I looked at him - you know and I thought, what a beautiful thing, because maybe one day it will be like that.

You know what I`m saying? Maybe one day it will be that - wow, SPs, they will just read about those in the history books.

FOREMAN: Whether any of this plays into the split with Holmes is yet unknown. But when Cruise and his second wife actress Nicole Kidman divorced, similar speculation appeared.

Kidman, who was also raised Catholic never seemed to fully embrace Scientology. After the breakup she was described as enjoying a homecoming in the Catholic Church. As for Cruise -

CRUISE: I do it the way I do everything. There`s nothing part of the way for me.

FOREMAN: There is no sign he has any intention of backing away from his controversial faith.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

TURNER: That`s CNN Tom Foreman with an incredible look inside Tom Cruise`s look as a scientologist.

Next, the new Hollywood movie that has Tom Cruise caught in the center of yet another scientology controversy.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: What do you do?

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: Tonight, your SHOWBIZ look at the movie that Tom Cruise thinks slammed his religion. This is SHOWBIZ TONIGHT on HLN.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(MUSIC)

TURNER: Remember Adam Lambert being judged when he was on "American Idol"? But could Adam Lambert now be switching roles and actually become an "American Idol" judge?

There was a startling report today that Adam is being considered. So SHOWBIZ TONIGHT went right to the executive producer of "American Idol" this afternoon and asked him to set the record straight.

And we are breaking news tonight. We are talking about Nigel Lythgoe, who has also brought us "So You Think Can You Dance."

Well, now, Nigel has a great brand-new show on E! called "Opening Act," where he finds unknown talent and make them the opening act for music`s biggest stars.

"Fallout Boys`" Pete Wentz is also on the show and I spoke with Pete and Nigel earlier today.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

TURNER: What you`re doing is you`re taking undiscovered talent. You`re basically surprising them with this chance, to be the opening act for really huge stars - Rod Stewart, LMFAO. But they don`t have a lot of time to prepare for this, right?

LYTHGOE: No, they only have five days. And the big thing about it is they didn`t even know they auditioned for the show. We just went down the Web and surfed it and found the talent.

And we knocked on their door. Sometimes, you know, there was one kid working in Best Buy, Johno(ph), and we just put Jason Mraz on every screen in the store.

And he said, "Hi, Johno(ph), you`re going to open for me in Hawaii in five days` time." So these kids are just taken unaware of what is happening.

TURNER: That is bananas.

WENTZ: Yes.

TURNER: And Pete, you are a part of this artist development team. So what do you do? You help performers get ready then for big shot in five days?

WENTZ: Well, what we did is we went and looked through scores of videos. There were some hyper-talented people.

LYTHGOE: And some bad ones, too.

WENTZ: Yes, just some that were interesting. We looked at one where she is singing in the closet in her bedroom.

LYTHGOE: Yes, she should have stayed in the closet.

WENTZ: And we go through them and have discussions. And there were times we agreed completely on certain artists and there were ones where I think that there was a little bit after debate. And there was ones that some of us held out on.

But it was interesting because when you look at opening for a band like LMFAO all the way to opening for Rod Stewart, it just kind of runs a very wide spectrum of different kinds of artists and what kind of opening act they would each need.

LYTHGOE: You`ve got to remember, this is no competition. There are no judges.

LYTHGOE: Nobody`s being sent home. America doesn`t vote. Nobody is told to go and sue their singing teacher. It really truly is just an opportunity for these kids to open.

Now, whether they are successful after this or not, we wait and see.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

TURNER: And make sure it check out "Opening Act" currently airing on E! It`s a really great show. And Nigel Lythgoe is also setting the record straight about his other great show "American Idol."

I had to ask him about those reports today that former "Idol" contestant, Adam Lambert, could become a judge on "Idol." Watch what he told us.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: Reports came out today that you might be talking to Adam Lambert about filling one of the judge`s spots on the show. Can you talk about that at all? Is that true?

LYTHGOE: I can confirm with you that I have not been speaking to Adam Lambert, but there are going to be lots of names coming up now. It is a bit like "X Factor," when they were looking for judges on "X Factor."

Everybody`s name came up. It`s going to be the same on American Idol. Everything is still up in the air, I have to say. Nothing is confirmed.

Hopefully, you know, I`m going to push for Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis as judges on "American Idol." I`m not sure how far I`ll get with that, but I think that would be fun.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: Nigel - he is crazy. And tonight, Tom Cruise is at the center of yet another scientology controversy - a brand-new Hollywood movie that Tom says blasts his faith.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: What do you do?

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist, a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TURNER: So does it? You decide. We have your SHOWBIZ first look.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

TURNER: Tonight, the new Hollywood movie that has Tom Cruise fighting another battle for scientology. The famous director Paul Thomas Anderson`s upcoming movie, "The Master," is all about the founder of a scientology- like religious movement.

Now, Anderson says isn`t about scientology`s founder, the late science fiction writer, L. Ron Hubbard. But Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology reportedly says it is, and they are furious about what they say is a hit job on their religion.

Right now, we have your SHOWBIZ first look about a movie that`s causing such controversy.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

(MUSIC)

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: You`ve wandered from the proper path, haven`t you? The problem is you have.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: I don`t have any problems. I don`t know what I told you, but if you have work for me to do, I can do it.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: You seem so familiar to me.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: Well, what do you do?

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist, a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTRESS: He`s been writing all night. You seem to inspire something in him.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: Oh, yes?

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: Do you remember your bus stations for pleasure? Do you get muscle spasms for no reason?

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: I don`t believe you.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: Your life has never stopped. Always been. They are predictable.

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: I know you are just trying to calm me down but just say something that`s true.

END VIDEOTAPE)

TURNER: You know, Paul Thomas Anderson actually directed Tom Cruise in "Magnolia" where they forged a friendship on set. So I guess, you know, we`ll see if they stay friends after "The Master" is released.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »

How Katie Holmes outwitted Tom Cruise: the roundup

By Kathleen Perricone.
Posts .By Kathleen Perricone | omg! from Yahoo! – 18 hours ago

Updated Wednesday July 11,2012

According to the Los Angeles Times, a friend of Holmes provided her with the throwaway device so she could talk to her New York City-based lawyers without Cruise, 50, or his people knowing what she was up to. Now, yet another report, a People magazine story released on Wednesday, divulges further details on how Holmes caught her husband of five years off guard by meticulously plotting her divorce plans ahead of time, even reaching out to her parents for help. According to the report, Tom Cruise was about to start shooting an action-packed scene on the set in Iceland when he answered an unexpected call from Holmes. “He was about to do a stunt and got off his motorcycle to take the call,”  a source tells People. It was during that conversation that Holmes broke the news. “He’s been in shock since that day,” the source adds.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/katie-holmes-used-disposable-cell-phone-to-secretly-plan-divorce-from-tom-cruise--report.html?_esi=1

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20610814,00.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »

Suri Cruise
Triggered
Divorce Settlement

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise went from zero to nuclear war in an instant when she filed divorce papers, but it was little Suri who became the peacemaker ... sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ. ::snipping2::

Edit to add direct link to article and article date. MB    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/10/suri-cruise-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-settlement/
July 10, 2012

Blonde, Thank-you.

The photo of Suri just tears you heart out. She could be on a CARE package, it is so sad.  I believe her mother, should have looked out for her before she married Tom Cruise.

She knew she is a Roman Catholic and she knew he wasn't, so why didn't she have in writing what religion the child was going to raised in?  This stinks. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/how-nicole-kidman-helped-katie-holmes-with-tom-cruise-split-2012117
How Nicole Kidman Helped Katie Holmes With Tom Cruise Split

JULY 11, 2012 AT 9:15AM

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »

7/12/2012 11:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Tom Cruise
Didn't Settle Divorce
To Hide 'Secrets'

Tom Cruise did NOT settle his divorce with Katie Holmes because he feared she might spill secrets about the actor -- this according to Tom's lawyer.

Attorney Bert Fields scoffs at reports claiming Tom was fearful of what Katie might reveal, telling TMZ, "Tom had nothing to hide and did nothing in the agreement to hide anything.  People are just making this stuff up."

As for the child custody arrangement, it appears Tom will indeed have the "significant" contact with Suri that we reported about last week.  Fields said, "Tom will definitely have a meaningful relationship with his daughter, but I can't talk about specifics of the agreement." ::snipping2::

Blonde   When I clicked on the link you posted, I got the website.  What we really need is the link back to the article, so we don't have to search for it.  If you are on the TMZ website, just click on the article and it will give you the link to use.  Thanks.   I've posted it below.

Corrected link (direct link) to article.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/12/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-secrets-bert-fields-suri/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:05:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.