March 28, 2024, 03:46:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andy Griffith dead at 86 - We will miss you :(  (Read 4027 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 03, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57465667-10391698/andy-griffith-dead-at-86/

Actor Andy Griffith, whose portrayal of a rural sheriff in a popular 1960s TV show earned him the title of "America's Favorite Sheriff," died Tuesday morning. He was 86.

His death was confirmed in a statement from the Dare County, N.C., sheriff's office.

CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker reports that while Griffith's long career stretched from nightclubs to radio to movies to music, it was a role as a small-town sheriff that made him beloved to millions of Americans.
 ::snipping2::

The actor has been plagued by health issues through the years, suffering a heart attack in 2000, which led to quadruple heart-bypass surgery. In 2007, he underwent hip surgery after a fall.

Griffith recently lost a good friend, actor George Lindsey, who starred on "The Andy Griffith Show." Lindsey died in May at age 83.

At the time, Griffith released a statement saying, "Our last conversation was a few days ago ... I am happy to say that as we found ourselves in our eighties, we were not afraid to say, 'I love you.' That was the last thing George and I had to say to each other. 'I love you.'"

Griffith was married three times. His first marriage to Barbara Edwards ended in divorce in 1972. He was married to Solica Casuto from 1975-1981. Griffith wed his third wife, Cindi Knight, in 1983.

Griffith received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President George W. Bush in 2005.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-207_162-10012825-3.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »

Sad Goodbye my long time friend-----RIP

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Awww, this is sad news.  Rest in peace Andy.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BvKREK1rU&feature=share
Rare vocal version of The Andy Griffith Show Theme Song

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BvKREK1rU&feature=share
Rare vocal version of The Andy Griffith Show Theme Song
Nut, thank you for sharing this.  I had no idea there were lyrics.
I have such wonderful memories of Mr. Griffith, including watching Matlock with my grandmother.  It was her favorite show.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »

I hardly watch the new TV shows that are on today.  Somehow TV isn't the same anymore.  It was nice to watch TV without any cursing and nudity.  Now I know they don't say the bad curses on TV but they are always pushing it to the limit.

You always knew what you were going to get when you watched one of Andy Griffith's shows.  Those days will never be duplicated.

RIP Andy.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:08:38 AM »

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/2012/07/05/death-certificate-griffith-died-heart-attack/Rr7BDidytX3fIcq6ow4PuN/story.html
Death certificate: Griffith died of heart attack
July 5, 2012

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The death certificate for Andy Griffith says the actor’s death earlier this week was caused by a heart attack.

The certificate says the 86-year-old had suffered the attack 24 hours before he died at 7 a.m. Tuesday. It also says he had suffered for years from other illnesses, including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia, which can be a form of high cholesterol or high triglycerides.

Griffith’s death certificate was filed Thursday with the vital records office in Dare County. It says he’s buried in the Griffith Family Cemetery in Manteo. Dr. Johnny Farrow of Manteo signed the certificate.

::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.