April 24, 2024, 09:30:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #657 7/14 - 7/15/2007  (Read 138783 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »

Kat I wish you luck with it, divorce and death in families bring out the worst in some, and it's always hardest on the children.

I continue to stand with the girl.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Last night I think it was OF who asked how & when Beth & JR met.  

I knew the answer but couldn't quite get it out.

It was when Beth needed to make posters to pass out & hang up that she went to Julia's place of business to have them printed.  That is when JR convinced Beth to make the "Call me, Hootie" poster.

It shows from the beginning that JR was no true friend of Beth.  Just a hanger-on for the publicity and as a scout for the vdS's.  Makes me sick to think people would be so ugly to a person whose child is missing.   Sad

From last night

Quote from: "Buckeye"
From Vanity Fair

When Beth walked into the paper's office the day after she arrived, Renfro, a statuesque blonde, stopped the presses to run a front-page photograph of Natalee. Renfro and Munzenhofer both have children, and they identified with Beth's desperation; the three women became inseparable. The first flyers posted around the island carried two numbers people could call with tips: Renfro's and Munzenhofer's cell phones. "At the beginning, I was the one Beth trusted," says Munzenhofer.
...At dusk the searchers returned to their hotel rooms, having found no sign of Natalee. Then, early the next evening, Munzenhofer took an urgent call from a source, who said Natalee was staying in a downtown house with certain unnamed "friends" who wanted to "protect" her. But, the source went on, her friends had agreed to turn her over to the family for $4,000—a quasi-ransom. Renfro relayed the message to Beth, and within an hour everyone had met at the Buccaneer, the restaurant Munzenhofer's family owns. Jug had a thousand dollars, and the Munzenhofers volunteered to donate the other $3,000 from the cash register.

By now more of "the Fabulous Seven" had arrived. Eight men were in the group, and Munzenhofer's husband took them to scout the downtown house where Natalee was supposed to be. It turned out to be what Arubans call a choller house—a crack house. When the men returned, everyone headed downtown to stake it out. "We were scared—scared to death," Renfro recalls. "We didn't know these people, how dangerous they were, whether they had guns and knives. So we called the cops. It took them 45 minutes to come a quarter-mile. They went in and looked around." Natalee wasn't there

http://tinyurl.com/36y9ta

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Sorry, link does not work

Wednesday, June 1st, 2005, 02:21 PM

I was encouraged by this caring editorial sent by a local newspaper to all other local media. The editor had been contacted by Natalee's mother. Thank you, Sandra, for the other newspaper link and for summarizing it for me.

Subject: Missing American Teenager

Dear Colleagues,

It is extremely sad to find out that an American Tourist has either been lost, abducted or possibly worse here on Aruba on Sunday evening / Monday morning. The 18 year old girl named Natalee was seen leaving Carlos and Charlies at 1:30am with 3 young men driving A car. She was here on a group trip with 180 other students from her school.

How is it possible that we all know what tourist was at at Amazonia this week and somehow raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Tsunami Victims in 48 hours and we don't know that this young lady is missing. How can we help this American Couple find their precious daughter, who happens to be a straight A student and in the honor society of her school in Alabama.

If Aruba Today had not received an e-mail from a concerned American who happened to hear about it and contact me, Aruba Today would have never been in the loop. Every moment that passes, increases the odds of not finding this beautiful gift to the world. I personally went to every frequently visited spot on Aruba tonight; gas stations, fast food, resorts, restaurants and found that NOBODY knew of her disappearance. When we all should be looking for her!!!!

We are such a small community with such a loud voice. Please put into place the Amber Alert and find Natalee today. Her mother called me tonight and her message is clear "Just give me back my baby girl, it doesn't matter what has happened, we need her back." They have no bad intentions for Aruba and are able to forgive and forget everything that might or might not have happened -- no matter how critical it might be.

Please give Natalee back to her mom and dad who flew into the island to take their daughter back home.

We have the ability to find her, so lets do it!

Thank you,

Julia Renfro

Editor-in-Chief

Which story is correct...hmmmmm...

Hmmm

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 11:37:18 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Last night I think it was OF who asked how & when Beth & JR met.  

I knew the answer but couldn't quite get it out.

It was when Beth needed to make posters to pass out & hang up that she went to Julia's place of business to have them printed.  That is when JR convinced Beth to make the "Call me, Hootie" poster.

It shows from the beginning that JR was no true friend of Beth.  Just a hanger-on for the publicity and as a scout for the vdS's.  Makes me sick to think people would be so ugly to a person whose child is missing.   Sad

furthermore wouldn't it just make really good sense for a mother to go to all of the media outlets to ensure the word and photos get out? It's likely this is how Beth met Jossy too, don't you suspect?
Beth just didn't know she had encountered a rattlesnake when she met Julia, and listened to her advice. You have to be a truly cruel person to prey upon the mother of a missing child as Julia has.

Makes tons of sense to me! Good thinking None.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

Sunfreak-

I just think Julia and friends have gone so far to manipulate all that's been said or done, such as what you proved with your posts of past statements in the press by Julia - that they have lost track of their own lies they have told so many.

Their utter lack of professionalism tops the list with Julia and Dompig. How citizens in Aruba could possibly trust or respect either is beyond me.

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »

Quote from: "oldfart"

Which story is correct...hmmmmm...
Hmmm

I heard it straight from Beth's mouth - that is why it took so long for me to get it straight in my mind.  I 've had 4 surgeries since then.
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 11:49:58 AM »

Ms. Marple,

Are you reading?

Something strange is going on at Mike Clary's article about
Palm  Beach.

From what I understand, people can only see their own comments
and no one else's.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »

Kat I wish you luck with it, divorce and death in families bring out the worst in some, and it's always hardest on the children.

Oh, they are both remarried.  No one ( except him ) wants to go and have a replay of a few years ago. Very hard on the kids.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 11:56:43 AM »

Quote from: "JusticeforNatalee"
Ms. Marple,

Are you reading?

Palm  Beach.

and no one else's.

Looks like the message area is gone, unless of course like you said you can only view your own.  

GOOD
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »

Klaas wasn't that board supposed to meet for a review or even a vote on Wednesday night? Has anyone emailed McClary post Weds to see if Jorge was approved?  Confused

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Oh, they are both remarried.  No one ( except him ) wants to go and have a replay of a few years ago. Very hard on the kids.

Kat,  there are some former spouses that will do anything to keep a relationship alive, good or bad.  They will pull every manipulative string they can fine.  I speak from experience.

Even after my children were through college, and married, and both of us remarried for over 12 or so years, he still tried to invade my life.  It has now been 22 years since our divorce, and he still looks for any opportunity.  Trying not to react is the hardest part.  The best part is having a hubby now that understands and puts up blocks.  Good luck to your daughter, some spouses just can not let go.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 12:00:43 PM »

If Aruba Today had not received an e-mail from a concerned American who happened to hear about it and contact me, Aruba Today would have never been in the loop.

This is believable to me for some reason. She has no idea what happens in her own backyard and it could have been a month before she knew anything... the woman is enthralled with the drinking and doesn't seem to have a clue about anything.

So someone prolly did alert her to the news. After all this is an isolated incident and has never ever happened before. No American have ever gone missing on Aruba.... Didn't you know Aruba is crime free.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 12:02:21 PM »

Klaas wasn't that board supposed to meet for a review or even a vote on Wednesday night? Has anyone emailed McClary post Weds to see if Jorge was approved?  Confused

Yes it was and I don't know what the outcome was.  Red has McClary's contact info.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 12:03:09 PM »

He's prolly still wondering what he did to deserve all this hate mail.

Poor guy opened a can of worms he had no clue about. He's prolly packing for the west coast.

+++

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 12:07:40 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"

Kat,  there are some former spouses that will do anything to keep a relationship alive, good or bad.  They will pull every manipulative string they can fine.  I speak from experience.

Even after my children were through college, and married, and both of us remarried for over 12 or so years, he still tried to invade my life.  It has now been 22 years since our divorce, and he still looks for any opportunity.  Trying not to react is the hardest part.  The best part is having a hubby now that understands and puts up blocks.  Good luck to your daughter, some spouses just can not let go.

I love your avi AZ, makes me want to ask  you to have a cuppa with me  Wink

I agree Sunny, even though it's been nearly 10 years since my divorce and 12 since I left my ex, when Rick passed away he began trying to insert himself again. It's so stressful and yes, pretty indicative of their issues with control.

JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Ms. Marple,

Are you reading?

Palm  Beach.

and no one else's.

Looks like the message area is gone, unless of course like you said you can only view your own.  

GOOD

Klaas, it also gets rid of the comments that we WANT readers to see.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »

Ya know reporters are a strange lot. I had a friend killed and did a piece on him recently and I basically told the story from beginning to end on the third anniversary of this death and there is this one reporter here that Googles her  name and looks to see what my post says about her....it happened again today...weird.

really weird.

+++

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
If Aruba Today had not received an e-mail from a concerned American who happened to hear about it and contact me, Aruba Today would have never been in the loop.

This is believable to me for some reason. She has no idea what happens in her own backyard and it could have been a month before she knew anything... the woman is enthralled with the drinking and doesn't seem to have a clue about anything.

So someone prolly did alert her to the news. After all this is an isolated incident and has never ever happened before. No American have ever gone missing on Aruba.... Didn't you know Aruba is crime free.

Rob,  I wonder if the "concerned" american could have been the parents  of one of the other teens that went to Aruba. Probably looking for information and called the newspapers.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Ms. Marple,

Are you reading?

Palm  Beach.

and no one else's.

GOOD

Klaas, it also gets rid of the comments that we WANT readers to see.

Yes, but I'm sure many already saw the posts.  It was turning into crap with all the fake posters.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007, 12:16:48 PM »

Well I just ran a search and I can't find any update post that meeting of the board on the Sentinel site......

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2007, 12:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"

I love your avi AZ, makes me want to ask  you to have a cuppa with me  Wink

I agree Sunny, even though it's been nearly 10 years since my divorce and 12 since I left my ex, when Rick passed away he began trying to insert himself again. It's so stressful and yes, pretty indicative of their issues with control.

JMO....  BUT It is a two way street --- not just one a one way issue here

Whishing everone a great day

SeeeYaaaByeeeeeee

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.