March 29, 2024, 04:52:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #657 7/14 - 7/15/2007  (Read 138430 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "Red"
Sorry folks ... having some server issues at the source.

Yes, new forum and surprises are on the way.

I do not like changes ... I do not like surprises.  Everything is just fine thank you very much.   Sad

Janet

Janet, I have been promised it will all be good.

I don't mind change, but it looks like the new forum will have a set up more like the one at BFN, and I have never been able to find my way around there.  Sad

Where did you get the sneak preview?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2007, 09:07:38 PM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"

I do not like changes ... I do not like surprises.  Everything is just fine thank you very much.   Sad

Janet

I don't mind change, but it looks like the new forum will have a set up more like the one at BFN, and I have never been able to find my way around there.  Sad

It was a link Dugga posted here when he was talking about upcoming changes. I didn't save the link, but when I clicked on it, it looked like the kind of setup that is at BFN. I could be wrong - that was just my impression.

I Stand With The Girl
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2007, 09:09:36 PM »

Robots, I have  to log in each time I start to post something, and needed to each time I posted in the last week.

As for as change...Change is good!!  We learn, we grow, and often get new better systems.  Stimulates our brain cells!

(just call me a pollyanna!)  but I do like learning new systems.   Laughing

Come on you old fogies...yes, I am one too, wait and see!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »

Janet

Indy, I just realized that with every holiday you add something to your avi, and take nothing away!  You are going to have a very full bike!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: July 14, 2007, 09:12:19 PM »

Janet

It was a link Dugga posted here when he was talking about upcoming changes. I didn't save the link, but when I clicked on it, it looked like the kind of setup that is at BFN. I could be wrong - that was just my impression.

Yes, it will be the same forum software that BFN uses (Simple Machines) but it will be set up different.  Also, my complaint with the BFN software is that when a post is quoted the font is too small to read easily.  I have been assured that can be changed and not be so small.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
Robots, I have  to log in each time I start to post something, and needed to each time I posted in the last week.

As for as change...Change is good!!  We learn, we grow, and often get new better systems.  Stimulates our brain cells!

Laughing

hehehhhehehee......change is for soda machines
 Cool
change is not easy for us 94 year old grumpy people

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2007, 09:14:13 PM »

Quote from: "robots"

Laughing

Cool

Darling man, you are aging before my very eyes!  (see fainting spell) sswwoonnnnnn

IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2007, 09:15:18 PM »

Janet

Indy, I just realized that with every holiday you add something to your avi, and take nothing away!  You are going to have a very full bike!

Yeah you're right AZ, I need to clean up a bit.  Thanks for the reminder.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2007, 09:15:56 PM »

Janet

im with you Janet

i hate change, particularly nickels  Twisted Evil

on a serious note.... i also hate change not that i dont think is trying to make things nicer... i just hate it

change is for kids... they like to collect coins Twisted Evil

Laughing

Robot ... I never choose change but ... when I am forced into it and ... I am able to prevail ... I realize that change can definitely be a positive experience one I overcome the obstacles.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2007, 09:16:06 PM »

Laughing

Cool

Darling man, you are aging before my very eyes!  (see fainting spell) sswwoonnnnnn

robots age strangely... they go from 87 to 97 back to 94  (in one week!!!) Rolling Eyes

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »

Yes, it will be the same forum software that BFN uses (Simple Machines) but it will be set up different.  Also, my complaint with BFN is that when a post is quoted the font is too small to read easily.  I have been assured that can be changed and not be so small.

I get lost at BFN, but I suppose that's because I have no sense of direction anywhere.  Laughing

I guess what stumps me is that there are a zillion subtopics under the major topics, like a thread for every different Natalee Holloway discussion point. I never know where to go to read anything, so I give up and don't bother trying. Also, with a set up like that, people can't talk to one another. All that can be done is leave a post and go away again, because the posters are spread out amongst so many different threads. If we have that set up, the only interaction between several people at once will have to be in a chatroom.

I Stand With The Girl
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2007, 09:17:56 PM »

Well, I wish I had the "go back" option that Robots has!

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2007, 09:18:48 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"

Laughing

Cool

robots age strangely... they go from 87 to 97 back to 94  (in one week!!!) Rolling Eyes

i explained it the other day...

we go thru a lot of actuator, motors, synchros, bearings, etc etc

we cant help it

we get a new part and we are younger then we get old parts and we are older  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »

I think I have used just about every type of forum software out there as a member of different forums.... it really doesn't matter..

Everyone has their own preferences, but it's the people that matter.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »

Yes, it will be the same forum software that BFN uses (Simple Machines) but it will be set up different.  Also, my complaint with BFN is that when a post is quoted the font is too small to read easily.  I have been assured that can be changed and not be so small.

I get lost at BFN, but I suppose that's because I have no sense of direction anywhere.  Laughing

I guess what stumps me is that there are a zillion subtopics under the major topics, like a thread for every different Natalee Holloway discussion point. I never know where to go to read anything, so I give up and don't bother trying. Also, with a set up like that, people can't talk to one another. All that can be done is leave a post and go away again, because the posters are spread out amongst so many different threads. If we have that set up, the only interaction between several people at once will have to be in a chatroom.

The forum can be set up many different ways.  The Simple Machines forum software has alot of benefits and different cool things you can do.  It's a stable software.  Just because we will be using the same forum software does not mean it will look like BFN.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2007, 09:20:49 PM »

Well, we had fun in the chatroom before, until the bad guy,  what was his name?)  showed up and locked someone in, maybe that will meet the needs of keeping us  Crying or Very sad on topic??? Crying or Very sad

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

robots:

we cant help it

we get a new part and we are younger then we get old parts and we are older

..........mm-k  Confused

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »

Janet

im with you Janet

i hate change, particularly nickels  Twisted Evil

on a serious note.... i also hate change not that i dont think is trying to make things nicer... i just hate it

change is for kids... they like to collect coins Twisted Evil

Laughing

Robot ... I never choose change but ... when I am forced into it and ... I am able to prevail ... I realize that change can definitely be a positive experience one I overcome the obstacles.

Janet

i hear ya  Cool  Wink

i fight it all the time, im a fighter Twisted Evil

i like old things, they were made better in most cases and you can fix em

Cool

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2007, 09:21:56 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"
robots:

we cant help it

we get a new part and we are younger then we get old parts and we are older

..........mm-k  Confused

im not human  Shocked

- A Horse's Tale
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2007, 09:22:52 PM »

Janet

For some reason I can't get in at BFN.  I have a login ID and pssd but it's been so long since I've logged in there I must have expired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.