March 29, 2024, 09:03:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #657 7/14 - 7/15/2007  (Read 138433 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Klaas, not right now but when you have time, can you make my avi smaller like you did for others? I think you take some of the excess away. TIA

I took away what I could.  Don't forget I made BTgirl shorter and fatter too, LOL

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub2/ElaineMeez.gif
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2007, 01:33:05 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
well my imaginary toddlers are crying for another imaginary bottle so I'd better go check on them  Laughing

Night BOC, Elaine, Klaas !!!

oh and Angie emailed me tonight, it seems she woke up with one of her arms and hands horribly swollen and she had to go to the emergency care? It could possibly be a nerve issue so she's in a splint for now, so everyone please pray for it to heal and also know she can't type well with just one hand so if you don't get an email soon from her that's why?

OMG, poor Angie!

ANGIE - if you are reading I hope you get better soon!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2007, 01:34:20 AM »

Hi... didn't know anyone was still up! for I was reading the pages backward.

You are very welcome!  Those CERT cyber  newletters are really good. I even get LA Rocks... Laughing  not the club scene at my age just real rocks!

Love you all, Love IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2007, 01:39:10 AM »

Angie get well... I would have guess spider bite on a nerve. We need our Angie!

PS Quicktime 7.2 is like 53MB I keep loosing my 56k connection so guess will go downtown tomorrow for free wi-fi. New building for Symantecs is within my view... maybe they'll ask a "neighbor" to their open house. Laughing  Laughing

J4N

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2007, 01:41:33 AM »

IBE - hate to leave you all alone but I'm going to call it a night.  See you tomorrow!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: July 15, 2007, 01:42:11 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: July 15, 2007, 02:20:12 AM »

I know some of our Monkeys run their own web site so here's some info for you and the rest of us too!

http://www.us-cert.gov/
at this site you can see all the latest info on CERT/Homeland Security issues with the Internet and on the left of the page you can click on different areas below, see an update of info each and sign up for their email lists:

Cyber Security Tips    
Cyber Security Tips describe and offer advice about common security issues for non-technical computer users.

Cyber Security Alerts
Cyber Security Alerts provide timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits. They outline the steps and actions that non-technical home and corporate computer users can take to protect themselves from attack.

Cyber Security Bulletins
Cyber Security Bulletins provide weekly summaries of new vulnerabilities. Patch information is provided when available.

Technical Cyber Security Alerts
Technical Cyber Security Alerts provide timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits.

Happy reading Laughing

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #447 on: July 15, 2007, 02:21:44 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Hello Good Monkeys~ Laughing

I am on a Natl CERT Cyber Alert mailing list and rec'd an email about a glitch in Quicktime
Apple QuickTime contains multiple vulnerabilities. Exploitation of
   these vulnerabilities could allow a remote attacker to execute
   arbitrary code or cause a denial-of-service condition.....

An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user
   to access a specially crafted Java applet or media file with a
   vulnerable version of QuickTime. Since QuickTime configures most
   web browsers to handle QuickTime media files, an attacker could
   exploit these vulnerabilities using a web page.

Note that QuickTime ships with Apple iTunes.

Denial-of-service DNS is where you go on a web site and it says it isn't there or something like that.

anyway.... bottom line is in Mac and Windows to update Quicktime to 7.2 links are posted in my post in the lounge

Didn't work for me Sad  I can access every site in the wrold except for BFN..I have tried everything except restoring the cpu..I get this error on my pc only when tryin to connect to BFN Sad

res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#http://www.blogsfornatalee.com/

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: July 15, 2007, 02:22:23 AM »

Good Night all and Good Morning! Have a great and safe Sunday!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: July 15, 2007, 02:32:52 AM »

******* I'm not Klaas or Dugga but in your URL above you have a .dll. I have only seen this format when I save a page from eBay and then I have to change the .dll to .html for the page to come up after I have downloaded it from eBay. The browser I have will ask me if I want to change it from .dll to .html. I do think you cannot get into any page on the internet with a .dll format... has to be html or htm. IMO

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #450 on: July 15, 2007, 02:34:33 AM »

ty none, klass, ibe.
no spider bites ibe. i wont be posting in the next few days or so. myself anf my left hand are so uncoordinated, its not funny. i am typing this with 1 finger with my left hand and it sucks. woke up as none said..with swollen fingers..and numbness and tingling up 2 my shoulder. getting ready for work was no fun.. hubby had 2 help me get dressed. i figured after a few hours..it would just go away. how wrong i was. i would try 2 use my right hand..it was awful.. dropped things..tryed 2 pick up a bottle of water..and my hand curled in this weird position all on its own..talk about freaky.  tryed 2 eat a salad i ordered.. i could not get the fork anywhere near my mouth.. tryed my left hand.. had more on the floor and myself then in my mouth.. i got pissed off and heaved it in the garbage. had to use the potty.. could not unfasten the button with my left hand. and had to ask the gal i was working with to unbutton it for me  Embarassed  Embarassed  told her i wasnt being funny..she knew i was very miserable.. went to the er after work..where i was lectured by the dr 4 not coming in asap and 4 going 2 work  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes i showed the dr how if i tyred 2 pick up something how my hand wouls curl.. my hand and arm felt like an icecube and was purple..got x rays done.. checked my reflexes.. which were all good. my pulse was stong.. even in the numb arm. so my ticker was still ticking at least. lol well. think i slept on my arm in some bent position and it cut off the blood circulation..hence the coldness.. swelling which got worse by days end.. is pinching a nerve..and they said something about tendons and tendonitis. i have to take ant inflam.. also got pain pills which make me very sick..i hate 2 take them. but i broke down about 2 hours ago.. it has not helped yet.. and i figured it would knock me out.. it has not done yet either. i have this splint on my arm.. up to my elbow. not suppose to move it around 4 the next 2 days.. which is gonna be hard to do. i have 2 sleep with it on as well. no work 4 me the next few days.. have to see my family dr and if not better go see a nerve dr.  Evil or Very Mad  i have had back surgery years ago,.its been bothering me lately alot too where my scar is. i am sure folks here have had the same experiences. one person i can truly identify with is San..i can so feel for her right now with my hand and arm like this. it also took me over 3 hours to read 18 pages here. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  i cant grasp the mouse with my left hand and scrolling. sorry 4 the long post.. but figured if i had to make one with one finger.. may as well just explain and get it over with.
 i 4 one.. cant see how my fingers would be this bad just from sleeping on it wrong. and the pain in my hand and arm is excruciating. the damn pain pill isnt doing jackshit. Crying or Very sad  have a great night everyone.. hugs 2 you all.
i will lurk and read ..and those that have emaild me earlier 2day and i have not answered.. please bear with me.  TY!!!!!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2007, 02:43:19 AM »

Angie... hi! Glad is wasn't a stoke! but sorry to hear you are still hurting. With the splint you have an extra "bang" if son gets out of line Laughing  Please get better fast. Keep us posted. Maybe the Dr. will send you to phy. therapy for a good back rub! I can't see you not doing anything for 4 days!!

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2007, 04:25:14 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
******* I'm not Klaas or Dugga but in your URL above you have a .dll. I have only seen this format when I save a page from eBay and then I have to change the .dll to .html for the page to come up after I have downloaded it from eBay. The browser I have will ask me if I want to change it from .dll to .html. I do think you cannot get into any page on the internet with a .dll format... has to be html or htm. IMO

Yeah, DLL's are Dynamic Linked Libraries - Basically, compiled programs that are used by other programs. Ultimately that dll probably outputs html formatted text, bu you may indeed need to save it with an .htm or .html extension to get your browser to read it. Need to be uber-careful with that though - make sure you're running some good antivirus software (something like Nod32 or Symantec or Kaspersky - for heavens sake, NOT AVG)...

Anyway, I was popping in to let everyone know I'm about to shut down the forum for about an hour or so. When we come back, I'll have some "treats" for you from the Scared Monkeys archives.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2007, 05:35:28 AM »

OK, all done. Smile

At the bottom of the home page, you'll find the first 2 weeks of this forum's history. It's not everything that's missing, but we are continuing to try to obtain that data in one form or another.

The system's search function has to rebuild itself, which it is in the process of doing, but this takes about 18 hours to do. Therefore, any searches you might do on anything within these forums will return mixed results at best. The search should be fully restored by Monday, though.

If you guys encounter any issues, post them here and I'll try to keep an eye on things. We spent several days testing this data-merge offline, but you never know what you might encounter in real-world usage, so let me know if anything is out of place.

Now - if we could get the missing year that mysteriously disappeared, we'd be cookin', but let's eat this elephant one bite at a time, shall we?  Wink
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #454 on: July 15, 2007, 07:42:45 AM »

WOW thanks Dugga and Red.  That is going to be a great, fascinating read!  I am off to see my son that I haven't seen since May 4. YEAH!!!  Everyone have a great day!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: July 15, 2007, 08:33:45 AM »

Dutch article today. Sorry to the author that I copied it word for word.  It was done for the translation.

Zondag 15 juli: wie filmt de loverboys?
Politiemensen die worden gefilmd tijdens hun werkzaamheden, kunnen beter vriendelijk gaan lachen dan kwaad worden en bezwaar maken dat de filmpjes op www.geenstijl.nl worden vertoond. Er schijnt juridisch weinig tegen te doen te zijn. Ik ben niet zo dol op dit soort gefilm en eerlijk gezegd interesseert het mij ook bar weinig, ik vind het ook nogal inbreuk maken op de privacy. Maar als je nou tóch filmpjes wil maken...

Police men that are filmed during their activities, can better kindly will laugh then wrong become and difficulty make that the films on www.geenstijl.nl are shown.  There appears legally little against to do to be.  I am not so mad on this kind of gefilm and honestly said interests the me also extremely little, I find it also rather infringement make on the privacy.  Only as you now tóch films want to make...

In de Stentor (Zwolse Courant) staat een zeer schrijnend verhaal over een meisje dat slachtoffer is geworden van loverboys. Haar moeder heeft de school nu aangeklaagd: hoe is het mogelijk dat haar dochter 's morgens werd opgehaald van de school in Zwolle, overdag naar Rotterdam werd gebracht om de hoer te spelen en aan het eind van de dag terugkeerde op school? Ze was pas twaalf toen dit begon! De loverboy en zijn vriendjes dreigden haar moeder en broertjes te vermoorden als ze niet meewerkte. Het is jarenlang doorgegaan, op school werd alleen gerapporteerd dat de prestaties minder werden, over het onwettig verzuim maakte niemand zich druk.

In the Stentor (Zwolse Currency) state a very harrowing story over a girl that victim became of loverboys.  Her mother has the school now accused: how is the possible that her daughter of the mornings were raised by the school in Zwolle, by day to Rotterdam were brought the prostitute to play and at the end of the day returned on school?  She was just twelve began then this!  The loverboy and its friends her mother threatened not and brothers to murder as they cooperated.  It is many years' continued, on school became alone reported that the performances less became, over the illegitimate oversight made nobody self press.

Nadat ze slachtoffer werd van een groepsverkrachting, kwam de zaak naar buiten. Maar de loverboy loopt vrij rond en bedreigt de familie nog steeds. Het nu vijftienjarig meisje leeft als een gevangene, afgezonderd en ondergedoken. De Stentor: "Haar dochter is kapot, haar gezin ook. Zelf leeft ze op kalmerings- en slaappillen. Maar ze weigert onderuit te gaan voor de loverboy en zijn trawanten, die haar dochter jarenlang in hun greep hielden en eigenlijk nog steeds hebben.

After she became victim of a groups rape, came the affair to outside.  But the loverboy walks freely around and threatens the family still.  The now five ten-year-old girl lives as a caught, isolated and gone into hiding.  The Stentor:  "Her daughter is broken, her human also.  Self lives they on kalmerings- and sleeping pills.  But she refuses to go out for the loverboy and its trawanten, that her daughter held for years on end in their grip and have actual still.

Tonia, de moeder van het Zwolse loverboyslachtoffer: "Ons hele leven staat in het teken van die pooier en zijn vrienden. Ze laten zich telkens weer zien. Daar spreekt een bepaalde triomf uit. Zo van: ‘zie je, niemand kan ons iets maken’."
Volgens Tonia zijn de jongens gewelddadig, gewapend en hebben ze een strafblad, "maar ik wil niet de hele dag over mijn schouder kijken. Ik wil niet de rest van mijn leven angst hebben. Ze hebben al genoeg kapot gemaakt. Mijn dochter kan zich na alles wat haar is overkomen niet meer normaal ontwikkelen. Ze is psychisch zwaar verminkt, ontwikkelt een persoonlijkheidsstoornis, slikt antidepressiva, lijdt aan paniekaanvallen en heeft concentratieproblemen. Ook heeft ze haar school niet kunnen afmaken. Nu heeft ze alleen lagere school. Al die jaren ben ik zo zuinig op mijn kind geweest. Het doet onnoemelijk veel pijn om te zien hoe ze is vernield en hoe ze moet leven."

Tonia, the mother of the Zwolse loverboyslachtoffer:  "Us whole live state in the sign of that pimp and its friends.  They let be been seen each time again.  From that speaks a particular triumph.  As from:  You 'see can make', nobody us something."  Are the boys violent according to Tonia, armed and have want to look they a punishment leaf, "only I not the whole day over my shoulder.  I do not want to have the rest of my life fear.  They broken made already enough.  My daughter can self after everything her is come over no longer normal develop.  She is psychologically heavy mutilates, develops a personalities disturbance, swallows antidepressiva, suffers at panic attack and has concentration problems.  Also has not they her school can finish.  Now has they only lower school.  All that years I am been so economical on my child.  It does nameless many pain to see how they have been destroyed and how she must live."

Ideetje voor geenstijl: zet eens een site op met foto's en filmpjes waarop dit soort loverboys te zien zijn. Als waarschuwing en ter afschrikking. Wettelijk schijnt er weinig tegen dit soort verdorven gasten te doen te zijn, de enige manier om ze echt aan te pakken is ze aan de publieke schandpaal te nagelen. Ben ik anders niet zo voor, maar in deze gevallen...
Het verhaal in de Stentor is van Rob Hirdes, op de foto (ook uit de Stentor) staat Tonia bij de Thorbeckeschool.

Idea for geenstijl: move once a site on with photographs and films on which this kind of loverboys to see are.  As a warning and to deterrence.  Legally appears to do there little against this kind of depraved guests to be, to take is the only manner they really on they at the public pillory to nail.  I am otherwise not so for, but in these cases...  The story in the Stentor is Ribbed of Hirdes, on the photograph (also from the Stentor) state Tonia by the Thorbeckeschool

http://misdaadjournalist.web-log.nl/misdaadjournalist/
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2007, 08:56:34 AM »

Buckey - thanks for translating and posting that. What I get from it is that the one of the "Loverboy" pimps in the Netherlands threatened to hurt a young girl and her family if she didn't become a prostitute. As a result, she would leave from school during the day to engage in prostitution and then return to school. The arrangement came to light after she was gang raped. Now she is 15 years old and is heavily medicated and suffering from several psychological problems.

Is this what you understand the article to say? If so, the child's school must have a very poor system for keeping tracking of their students. I can't imagine a school in my area that wouldn't know (and notify the parent) if a 12-year-old disappeared from classes on a regular basis.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2007, 08:58:18 AM »

Quote from: "Dugga"
OK, all done. Smile

At the bottom of the home page, you'll find the first 2 weeks of this forum's history. It's not everything that's missing, but we are continuing to try to obtain that data in one form or another.

The system's search function has to rebuild itself, which it is in the process of doing, but this takes about 18 hours to do. Therefore, any searches you might do on anything within these forums will return mixed results at best. The search should be fully restored by Monday, though.

If you guys encounter any issues, post them here and I'll try to keep an eye on things. We spent several days testing this data-merge offline, but you never know what you might encounter in real-world usage, so let me know if anything is out of place.

Now - if we could get the missing year that mysteriously disappeared, we'd be cookin', but let's eat this elephant one bite at a time, shall we?  Wink

Thanks to you and Red for all your hard work, and especially for apparently staying up all night to get things done!

It will be wonderful to be able to go back and look at the items you have managed to bring back to us.

I Stand With The Girl
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »

Take care of yourself Angie, hope you get to feeling better real soon.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2007, 09:09:18 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Buckey - thanks for translating and posting that. What I get from it is that the one of the "Loverboy" pimps in the Netherlands threatened to hurt a young girl and her family if she didn't become a prostitute. As a result, she would leave from school during the day to engage in prostitution and then return to school. The arrangement came to light after she was gang raped. Now she is 15 years old and is heavily medicated and suffering from several psychological problems.

Is this what you understand the article to say? If so, the child's school must have a very poor system for keeping tracking of their students. I can't imagine a school in my area that wouldn't know (and notify the parent) if a 12-year-old disappeared from classes on a regular basis.

I think they initiallly gang-raped her (at age twelve) then threatened her and her family (with showing the tapes?? of the rape), if she didn't prostitute herself.  The loverboy is still walking around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.