April 25, 2024, 07:10:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #657 7/14 - 7/15/2007  (Read 138797 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: July 15, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »

Quote from: "*******"
Why are you lost at BFN? Its such a easy forum..Here most everyone stays in this lcd thread and sometimes several topics goin on at once..You want to talk about a Joran's PV and someone else wants to talk about something else..Your post gets over looked and you feel ignored..lol

I like this 'cause I feel like I'm not missing anything ~ kind of like *being in on all the action*  Wink  Wink I guess I need a life!  Embarassed
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: July 15, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
The only statements as " evidence " I ever heard referenced by Chris LeJuez in regards to the security guards were the statments of Deepak and Satish. The statement Joran made was never provided as apparently, he did not try to hang the guards out to dry for this.  
There was even mention of the missing Joran statemnt on NG when Chris was on.

Don't forget Joran was able to retract two statements for whatever reasons..I have a feeling there is plenty of missing statements in that dossier!!

I agree *******....wasn't that when Anita was going to see the sporter....IMO carrying messages to him from his sperm donor?

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: July 15, 2007, 06:54:36 PM »

Why are you lost at BFN? Its such a easy forum..Here most everyone stays in this lcd thread and sometimes several topics goin on at once..You want to talk about a Joran's PV and someone else wants to talk about something else..Your post gets over looked and you feel ignored..lol

It's probably one of those individual preference things. I actually like having everyone talk about everything at once on the same thread. If I need to get caught up, I can scan here in one place all the subjects that were discussed. At BFN, I have to read all the different topics, try to decide which thread I want to go to, go there, find out it doesn't give me the information I want, try another thread..................................

I've always sworn I have adult ADHD, and I don't have the patience for all that. When I want know stuff, I want to know it now!!!!!!!  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Patches O'Hoolihan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #803 on: July 15, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Would you hire this as your attorney?  I didn't think so  Wink

Good Afternoon Monks!!  Reading to get caught up...OHMYGAWD....I know I should keep on reading and not post until I am caught up.....but ya know I am always behind Wink is this really the RAT~   Shocked  Shocked   Shocked  Shocked

Are you kidding me? Hire him as an attorney? WTH has the legal profession come to?

I would not hire this man to mow my lawn. I am not even sure if I would allow him to pick up garbage on the road side.   Shocked
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: July 15, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"

I like this 'cause I feel like I'm not missing anything ~ kind of like *being in on all the action*  Wink  Wink I guess I need a life!  Embarassed

Wouldn't it be nice to see unread posts and replies? Instead of searching through a whole day of posts?We could have 5 important threads that you can jump back and forth on and then bug klaas on a PM instead of waiting for her email.. Cool Would be nice to keep the off topic stuff by itself..IMO

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #805 on: July 15, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »

I'm with you, tcumom, at the present time, and also have had a username/password for BFN for a long time, but never have posted there.  I've forgotten my password everytime I try to log in.  BUT, I'm sure we'll adapt to the change.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #806 on: July 15, 2007, 06:55:48 PM »

NJ Millionaire to Stand Trial For International Child Sex Tourism

Sunday, July 15, 2007

PHILADELPHIA —  Seven years ago, Russian courts convicted a wealthy American motel owner of molesting children, sent him to prison, then expelled him from the country.

The experience did little to keep Anthony "Mark" Bianchi stateside. Over the next few years, U.S. officials allege, he traveled to Moldova, Romania, Cambodia and Cuba to recruit destitute boys for sexual trysts.

Bianchi, 44, of North Wildwood, N.J., faces trial beginning Monday under a controversial federal law aimed at thwarting "sex tourism." He is accused in this country of committing crimes -- assaulting nearly a dozen minors -- on foreign soil.

More than 50 cases have been brought under what's known as the Protect Act, and more than 30 of the defendants have been convicted, the Justice Department says.

So far, however, only one federal appeals court -- the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals -- has reviewed the law, upholding it in a 2-1 ruling. The U.S. Supreme Court decided not to hear an appeal of that decision.

Critics, including dissenting 9th U.S. Circuit Judge Warren J. Ferguson, charge that Congress reached too far in giving international police power to U.S. prosecutors. Ferguson asked if U.S. agents should likewise round up Americans who buy marijuana in Amsterdam or Cuban cigars in Timbuktu.

"It is a very unusual theory to say that you can prosecute an American citizen in this country for actions taken completely in another country," said Rory Little, a former federal prosecutor and Justice Department official who is now a University of California law professor. "This is not a crime against America, although it's a crime against universal morality."

The majority in the 9th Circuit case found the law to be an appropriate extension of the Constitution's foreign commerce clause, since money changed hands.

The 9th Circuit case involved Michael L. Clark, a 70-year-old Seattle man who in 2004 became the first person prosecuted under the law. He pleaded guilty to molesting boys in Cambodia, while reserving the right to challenge the law itself, and is serving a 97-month sentence.

Beyond the constitutional issues, attorneys say defending clients in these cases is a nightmare, in part because they can't match the overseas investigative resources, including diplomatic and political clout, of the U.S. government.

"To do this in a foreign country, you have to send an investigator over there, and that person has to make contacts in the community. That may not be possible, given the language differences and cultural differences," said Michael Filipovic, an assistant federal public defender in Seattle.

In the case due to start Monday, prosecutors charge that Bianchi assaulted nearly a dozen teenagers and plied them with money, liquor, gifts and trips.

"Americans go to these countries and create a pretty bad image," Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Levy said. "A hundred dollars can buy a lot of food for a pretty long time for a lot of these families. ... This is the kind of case that shows why there's a need for this (law)."

Bianchi's lawyer, Mark Geragos, said the discovery process has shown what defense attorneys are up against in such cases. He said records make it difficult to even verify the age of the reported victims, and he planned to argue that several of the boys recanted their accusations.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: July 15, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »

O/T - has anyone seen an update from Anna about the terrible accident her son and son's father were in around the 12th or so?  I have searched and can't seem to find anything. If there's an update would someone, perhaps Klaas Wink , direct me to it...if not...then ANNA please give us an update on both

Again, thanks to everyone for all their help in catching me up....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: July 15, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice to see unread posts and replies? Instead of searching through a whole day of posts?We could have 5 important threads that you can jump back and forth on and then bug klaas on a PM instead of waiting for her email.. Cool Would be nice to keep the off topic stuff by itself..IMO

Some of us actually LIKE searching through a whole day's posts, and even look forward to doing it.  Embarassed  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: July 15, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
The only statements as " evidence " I ever heard referenced by Chris LeJuez in regards to the security guards were the statments of Deepak and Satish. The statement Joran made was never provided as apparently, he did not try to hang the guards out to dry for this.  
There was even mention of the missing Joran statemnt on NG when Chris was on.

Don't forget Joran was able to retract two statements for whatever reasons..I have a feeling there is plenty of missing statements in that dossier!!

I agree *******....wasn't that when Anita was going to see the sporter....IMO carrying messages to him from his sperm donor?

I believe he retracted his confession and that is one of them..What they didnt change in the statements I think they just went missing..

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: July 15, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »

Even as far back as June 21st they were questioning how they managed to get their stories the same.

nancy_drew wrote:

I don't know what to think of what Dan posted on his site. I do think it's possible they are giving Joran a lie detector test.
I'd like to know which of the boys changed their story? That's very important...this version suggests it's Joran's revised story...not the brothers.

GutFeeling Wrote:

Hi Nancy
I just peeked in this evening and saw your question. I have been keeping track of this. First all 3 boys said they took NH back to the HI. Then after they were questioned separately the brothers changed their story and said that they dropped JVS and NH at the Marriot. At the same time JVS said that they dropped him home first and continued to the HI with NH.

2 days ago JVS changed his story to match the brothers and now alleges that they dropped him off at the Marriot and then (he left NH sleeping at the beach) the sleeping part is new today.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Have a good evening.

nancy_drew Wrote:

GutFeeling:

What do you think of this?

Thank you so much! Hmmmmm, since the boys haven't spoken to each other, or so we're told, I wonder how the stories ended up matching? (If this report is true)

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: July 15, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »

Quote from: "Patches O'Hoolihan"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Would you hire this as your attorney?  I didn't think so  Wink

Good Afternoon Monks!!  Reading to get caught up...OHMYGAWD....I know I should keep on reading and not post until I am caught up.....but ya know I am always behind Wink is this really the RAT~   Shocked  Shocked   Shocked  Shocked

Are you kidding me? Hire him as an attorney? WTH has the legal profession come to?

I would not hire this man to mow my lawn. I am not even sure if I would allow him to pick up garbage on the road side.   Shocked

Laughing  Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: July 15, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Some of us actually LIKE searching through a whole day's posts, and even look forward to doing it.  Embarassed  Laughing

WOW!! You are crazy!!!LOL!! I dont have the patience for that!!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #813 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »

Hold on here!  Are you saying the new format isn't going to be like this one?  We can't have LCD everyday?  We have to go to each individual area and then read?  Please, tell me that is not going to happen here.  Oh my!   Shocked
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »

You know, I've been trying to figure out how to 'splain this....
When I'm here, it's like a big family dinner ~ people talking and visiting ~ sometimes different conversations pop up and, if I'm not too interested in a particular conversation, then I just join/listen in to another one . . .
I like the big dinner table instead of separate tables and racing from table to table trying to keep up . . .
Just me, I guess . . .
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: July 15, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

DJTAYLOR

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are some speculation that there has been a comfesion i am not sure yet i just heard about it, they are saying that they cut her up in pieces i hope this is not true please PRAY all of you that this is not true i will keep u posted or americaninaruba wilL she is on the case as we chat right now
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: July 15, 2007, 07:16:26 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Hold on here!  Are you saying the new format isn't going to be like this one?  We can't have LCD everyday?  We have to go to each individual area and then read?  Please, tell me that is not going to happen here.  Oh my!   Shocked

I am not a part of making the new forum but I am sure you will love it!! I am sure Dugga could make a daily LCD thread just like this..Not a big deal!!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #817 on: July 15, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »

I like this family atmosphere too.  That is the reason I come here and feel so at home here.  I think I am not going to be happy...but then I am not into searching all over for stuff.  I like it all in one central location.  Days could go by and I wouldn't see all the posters I see here everyday...I guess I will just need to get a life now.   Crying or Very sad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: July 15, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"

NOOOOOO - the forum software will be the same as what BFN uses but that has NOTHING to do with how the forum is set up.  There will still be a LCD thread for NH.  There will also be LCD threads (probably) for any other high profile cases that are going on.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: July 15, 2007, 07:19:15 PM »

ARCHIVES !!!  Shocked

Thanks RED, Dugga, Klaas, Tom > & anybody else who lent a hand!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.