April 26, 2024, 11:12:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #657 7/14 - 7/15/2007  (Read 138815 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: July 15, 2007, 07:33:42 PM »

NativeLingo

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if his name is Lorenzo or not...
But from the very beginning "the son of an ex Vwagen dealer" was somehow involved..... He was the first one mentioned....
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: July 15, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »

Angie ~ I see you out there ~ can you type enough to tell us how you're doing?  Been thinking about you all day  Crying or Very sad .
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: July 15, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im just thrilled with this new improved forum... NOT
Comment by Rob

LOL!!! Cool  Twisted Evil  Very Happy  Shocked

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: July 15, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »

Quote from: "Frank"
NJ Millionaire to Stand Trial For International Child Sex Tourism

Sunday, July 15, 2007

PHILADELPHIA —  Seven years ago, Russian courts convicted a wealthy American motel owner of molesting children, sent him to prison, then expelled him from the country.

The experience did little to keep Anthony "Mark" Bianchi stateside. Over the next few years, U.S. officials allege, he traveled to Moldova, Romania, Cambodia and Cuba to recruit destitute boys for sexual trysts.

Bianchi, 44, of North Wildwood, N.J., faces trial beginning Monday under a controversial federal law aimed at thwarting "sex tourism." He is accused in this country of committing crimes -- assaulting nearly a dozen minors -- on foreign soil.

More than 50 cases have been brought under what's known as the Protect Act, and more than 30 of the defendants have been convicted, the Justice Department says.

So far, however, only one federal appeals court -- the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals -- has reviewed the law, upholding it in a 2-1 ruling. The U.S. Supreme Court decided not to hear an appeal of that decision.

Critics, including dissenting 9th U.S. Circuit Judge Warren J. Ferguson, charge that Congress reached too far in giving international police power to U.S. prosecutors. Ferguson asked if U.S. agents should likewise round up Americans who buy marijuana in Amsterdam or Cuban cigars in Timbuktu.

"It is a very unusual theory to say that you can prosecute an American citizen in this country for actions taken completely in another country," said Rory Little, a former federal prosecutor and Justice Department official who is now a University of California law professor. "This is not a crime against America, although it's a crime against universal morality."

The majority in the 9th Circuit case found the law to be an appropriate extension of the Constitution's foreign commerce clause, since money changed hands.

The 9th Circuit case involved Michael L. Clark, a 70-year-old Seattle man who in 2004 became the first person prosecuted under the law. He pleaded guilty to molesting boys in Cambodia, while reserving the right to challenge the law itself, and is serving a 97-month sentence.

Beyond the constitutional issues, attorneys say defending clients in these cases is a nightmare, in part because they can't match the overseas investigative resources, including diplomatic and political clout, of the U.S. government.

"To do this in a foreign country, you have to send an investigator over there, and that person has to make contacts in the community. That may not be possible, given the language differences and cultural differences," said Michael Filipovic, an assistant federal public defender in Seattle.

In the case due to start Monday, prosecutors charge that Bianchi assaulted nearly a dozen teenagers and plied them with money, liquor, gifts and trips.

"Americans go to these countries and create a pretty bad image," Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Levy said. "A hundred dollars can buy a lot of food for a pretty long time for a lot of these families. ... This is the kind of case that shows why there's a need for this (law)."

Bianchi's lawyer, Mark Geragos, said the discovery process has shown what defense attorneys are up against in such cases. He said records make it difficult to even verify the age of the reported victims, and he planned to argue that several of the boys recanted their accusations.

Interesting article ...thanks

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #844 on: July 15, 2007, 07:34:45 PM »

alabama_mom_of_2

Location: Alabama      Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject:    

TTownMike wrote:
At this moment the thing I find most intriguing is the two references describing the arrestee. !) Son of prom. father 2) Son of suicide victim. Are these one and the same, or are there perhaps 2?
Inquiring Minds Want toi Know!

americaninaruba clarified that they are two different "fathers"
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: July 15, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Some of us actually LIKE searching through a whole day's posts, and even look forward to doing it.  Embarassed  Laughing

Shocked  Shocked  Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: July 15, 2007, 07:35:27 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
NativeLingo

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject:      

This "Lorenzo" kid's name was mentioned from the very beginning..In fact it is the first name I heard when this whole thing started....

My guess is that he must have been involved with her sometime during her trip, and that they are now bringing in EVERYBODY that had come in contact with her....

(from what I hear, "lorenzo" is ONE troublemaker...... )

Like his half brother Joran.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: July 15, 2007, 07:35:44 PM »

Quote from: "ospainter"
Quote from: "mishy"
O/T

Back in 05 there was a nurse from FLA I think that was married to a Dr.

She left to go on vacation and I never saw her again.

Do anyone remember her forum name? And does she still post anywhere?

Thanks,

OS

Would that be...don't flame me....Darleen?!?!?

Yes, thanks, wonder what ever happened to her?

She caught on to Bondia very early on imo. or at least that is how I remember her...

Os

Os, I think she crashed and burned...went down in flames IMHO...

Bring Natalee home...
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #848 on: July 15, 2007, 07:35:45 PM »

nancy_drew
Monkey Junkey

Location: Colorado      Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject:    

I think we need to be very clear the "Lorenzo" character was NEVER confirmed to be officially detained or arrested. It could be he was interviewed. That's it.

Also, what info in all of this leads us to believe Natalee is alive? I'd love to think so, but in reality I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that.

Am I missing something?
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: July 15, 2007, 07:35:51 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
NativeLingo

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject:      

I don't know if his name is Lorenzo or not...
But from the very beginning "the son of an ex Vwagen dealer" was somehow involved..... He was the first one mentioned....

Yup..Kepp it up Klaas..Already got those in the Racejunkies thread..Several credible posters saying pretty much the same thing about lorenzo.. Wink

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #850 on: July 15, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
nancy_drew
Monkey Junkey

Location: Colorado      Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject:    

I think we need to be very clear the "Lorenzo" character was NEVER confirmed to be officially detained or arrested. It could be he was interviewed. That's it.

Also, what info in all of this leads us to believe Natalee is alive? I'd love to think so, but in reality I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that.

Am I missing something?

OOPS! Forgot my comment...."one witness is not witness"
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #851 on: July 15, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »

O/T

Thanks,

OS

Would that be...don't flame me....Darleen?!?!?

Yes, thanks, wonder what ever happened to her?

She caught on to Bondia very early on imo. or at least that is how I remember her...

Os

Os, I think she crashed and burned...went down in flames IMHO...

oh okkkkkkkkkkkkkk, gotch ya...

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: July 15, 2007, 07:38:49 PM »

Quote from: "*******"
Hold on here!  Are you saying the new format isn't going to be like this one?  We can't have LCD everyday?  We have to go to each individual area and then read?  Please, tell me that is not going to happen here.  Oh my!   Shocked

I am not a part of making the new forum but I am sure you will love it!! I am sure Dugga could make a daily LCD thread just like this..Not a big deal!!

I feel sick...think I will go lie down...I don't think I will have enough pencils for this one...do we have an account at Office Depot?  Rolling Eyes

hee hee hee.....no account at Office Depot.....quick Mrs. Red...cancel the Office Depot account Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #853 on: July 15, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Angie ~ I see you out there ~ can you type enough to tell us how you're doing?  Been thinking about you all day  Crying or Very sad .

reading old posts off and on. i feel horrible.lotsa pain.
ty 4 asking tc. i am going 2 go lay down soon.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #854 on: July 15, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "KarmaRoundUp"
Well, this post even muddies the water more...

iquitos

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: AP and Top 95.1 FM   

Nancy of ABC is on the radio. She says it is the fourth arrest today. She likes Aruba. Interview is in English.

The Associated Press
Originally published June 17, 2005, 10:30 AM EDT
ORANJESTAD, Aruba -- A fourth person has been detained in the case of a missing Alabama student, authorities announced today.

The person "is suspected of being involved in the disappearance of the tourist," 18-year-old Natalee Holloway, said a statement from the Aruban attorney general's office.

The newest detainee was born on July 21, 1978, and has the initials S.G.C., the statement said, adding, "As a result of the ongoing investigation, this is all the information that can be given at this time."

Also today, prosecutors filed a motion asking a judge to rule there is sufficient cause to continue holding 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, the son of a justice official on Aruba, and his two friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18. The three were detained on Thursday. Under the law, a judge must review their case after 10 days and decide their status.
The announcement of the arrest today came nearly three weeks after Holloway's disappearance in the early morning hours of May 30, the same day she was to return from a five-day trip with 124 other students celebrating their high school graduation in Mountain Brook, Ala.

Hi Monkeys
See the part I bolded above?
Remember when the 2 innocent security guards were detained?After 3 days detainment,what OTHER evidence did a judge have to KEEP them detained for 8 days?Does anyone know?
I am loving this new search news by Tim from Equusearch.I wish there was a way for them to go in under cover and not let Aruba know when they will be there.
Smile

KarmaRoundUP - you pose the exact question that many of us have asked and believe one of two things happened.

1 - They DO have evidence. And were going to MAKE IT FIT the guards.

2 - They were creating evidence to frame the guards. While destroying the REAL EVIDENCE.

I pick 1 and 2.Even Rudy Croes is quoted as saying they followed J2K electronically(whatever that is)and that's why they were able to detain J2K for 8 more days.Maybe Rudy is as confused about Dutch laws as we are like Arlene has said over and over. Confused

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #855 on: July 15, 2007, 07:40:21 PM »

sandy

Location: north eastern canada      Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:    

Perhaps letting yesterday's detainee go free is part of the plan - maybe he will lead them to something.

Not sure who this is...I must have missed it while reading.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: July 15, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »

Well,I know that meth helps adult adhd.I think the end game is here,so offer the arrest and NAH to us.We want stop,until then
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: July 15, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
O/T - has anyone seen an update from Anna about the terrible accident her son and son's father were in around the 12th or so?  I have searched and can't seem to find anything. If there's an update would someone, perhaps Klaas Wink , direct me to it...if not...then ANNA please give us an update on both

Again, thanks to everyone for all their help in catching me up....

Hi Sunny!!! Great to see ya...I don't know of an update on Anna's son and son's father, other than that her son did go ahead and have his surgery. Maybe she'll come on later and will be able to let us know how they are...

Isn't it fabulous to see all these old posts? Thanks to Red and Dugga...I never thought we'd see those posts again!

hi Mishy....So good to see you too!  thanks for responding.....I think I will email Anna and ask her to give us an update....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: July 15, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »

O/T

Thanks,

OS

Are you talking about Darleen in Alabama??

Rest in Peace Caylee

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: July 15, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "tcumom"

reading old posts off and on. i feel horrible.lotsa pain.
ty 4 asking tc. i am going 2 go lay down soon.

I'm so sorry.  Saying prayers for you, and sending :::hugs:::.
Try to keep us posted when you're up to it.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.