April 24, 2024, 09:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 murder scene DNA linked to Occupy Wall Street subway vandalism "Sarah Fox"  (Read 2398 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: July 11, 2012, 01:56:20 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/10/2004-murder-scene-dna-linked-to-occupy-wall-street-subway-vandalism/?test=latestnews

Published July 10, 2012
Sarah Fox was running in a Manhattan park eight years ago and later found nude and strangled with her CD player a short distance away.  DNA found on the CD player is linked to DNA discovered on a chain left by Occupy Wall Street protestors at a March demonstration in a Brooklyn subway station, the channel reported. 

So, I guess there are 3 possibilities...
1.  The same person that killed Sarah also used the chain during the OWS protest.
2.  The person that killed Sarah works at the subway station.
3.  The person that killed Sarah just happened to walk up to the chain and touch it with a sweaty hand before leaving the area.

I'm thinking it must be one of the first two.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:59:46 AM »

A little history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/27/nyregion/for-shining-light-at-juilliard-a-tragic-end-in-a-remote-spot.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm
Published: May 27, 2004

::snipping2::
Sarah Fox's story ended when her badly decomposed body was found on Tuesday by a volunteer search party in the thickets near a jogging path in Inwood Hill Park in northern Manhattan.

The police said that she had been strangled, though they were uncertain whether by hand or by another method, and they could not determine if she had been sexually assaulted. The bizarre placement of petals and branches from a tulip tree around the body raised the question that the killing may have had a ritualistic element.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:03:40 AM »

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=26785

But what puzzled even veteran detective Rob Mooney was not where Sarah's body was found, but how. In a rough circle around her remains were yellow tulip tree petals. At first, police thought the petals were blown there naturally, but upon further inspection, cops say the petals were placed there days after Sarah's murder.

????

Any other disappearances/murders have this element?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06:51 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/11/nyregion/dna-at-occupy-wall-street-protest-site-said-to-be-tied-to-sarah-fox-killing.html

Published: July 10, 2012

The chain was used in March to prop open an emergency exit door at a subway station as part of an Occupy Wall Street action to allow passengers to ride free.

The police later released surveillance video of people in dark hoods and masks wrapping a long silver chain around the emergency exit door.

I hope the people responsible for putting up the chains will come forward because it sure sounds like one among them is a killer.   

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/10/2004-murder-scene-dna-linked-to-occupy-wall-street-subway-vandalism/?test=latestnews

Published July 10, 2012
Sarah Fox was running in a Manhattan park eight years ago and later found nude and strangled with her CD player a short distance away.  DNA found on the CD player is linked to DNA discovered on a chain left by Occupy Wall Street protestors at a March demonstration in a Brooklyn subway station, the channel reported. 

So, I guess there are 3 possibilities...
1.  The same person that killed Sarah also used the chain during the OWS protest.
2.  The person that killed Sarah works at the subway station.
3.  The person that killed Sarah just happened to walk up to the chain and touch it with a sweaty hand before leaving the area.

I'm thinking it must be one of the first two.   

I find it interesting that they tested the chain left at the the station. It seems random to me but I guess they explained that they are in the habit of DNA testing crime scene evidence. I guess they were trying to see if it linked to someone in the system already so they could question them about it?

I think its great that they are continuously adding to the database though. Even though it doesn't give you a person at this point.. you know they were in that area around that time at least.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.