April 24, 2024, 04:43:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #4 6/14/13  (Read 165067 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »

June 18, 2013 Tweets cont
I-33

https://twitter.com/yamiche

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  1m 
I33 says he lives in "the middle of nowhere" but has heard comments and opinions on both sides on the fence. He has an open mind, he says.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  4m 
I33 was hurt in a car crash and hasn't worked since because of physical recovery he needs.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  8m 
I33 says he doesn't have a Facebook page. "I just learned how to email...It's enlightening." Laughs in courtroom again.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  10m 
I33 is second juror who admits he's not in charge of the remote at home. First guy said his wife picks the channels. Laughs in courtroom 2xs
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »

Potential jurors?   Monkey Devil!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »

salut

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »

June 18, 2013 Tweets Cont.
I33
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman 6m
I-33: a folksy country fella. "I live in the middle of nowhere." Contractor who can't work due to car crash injuries. #Trayvon #Zimmerman
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner
 from Sanford, FL   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 7m
I-33 on avoiding talk, media coverage of case: "It's tough," but says he has "not formed an opinion." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 8m
I-33 says he's heard "comments and opinions" from "both sides of the fence." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 10m
I-33 said he heard Sanford's police chief lost his job, but doesn't know why. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Kathryn Varn ‏@kathrynvarn 12m
I-33 says reading the @orlandosentinel is part of his routine. Go newspapers! #Zimmerman #Trayvon
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 12m
I-33 says he hasn't been able to work in a while, was injured in a car crash. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 15m
I-33: I just learned how to email recently. West: "Welcome to the 21st Century." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 16m
I-33 to West: "I'm not in control of the (channel) changer." Reads the paper "most days." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

I-44

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  3m 
We're back and potential juror I-44 is being questioned by prosecution. He's a Hispanic male, appears to be in his 40s

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2013, 04:15:58 PM »

June 18, 2013 Twitter Cont.
I44

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 1m
I-44 remembers hearing #GeorgeZimmerman's jail calls were scrutinized. Also story about Skittles capitalizing on case. #TrayvonMartin

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 2m
I-44 says the only opinion he gives on the case is asking how long media will "avalanche us with this." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 3m
I-44 doesn't find TV news credible, says he gets his news online. Says media slants the news. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
Zimmerman trial: Jury selection continues | Updated story: http://bit.ly/18WRgl2  #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman
 View summary

Valerie Boey ‏@vboey 5m
I44 is an hispanic male in his 40s.#fox35
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 5m
Next up is I-44, who's asked to confirm he has no fixed opinion on case: "That is correct." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »

I-44

I44 says he can remember a story that was "sensationalized about the skittles company."

I44 is a man who is 30 or 40 years old with black hair and a goatee. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  7m 
I33 is done and I44 is up.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »

I44

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 39s
I-44 says he knew of protests, but no strong feelings. "As Americans we have the right to peaceful protest." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Likely I-44 was referring to Zimmerman's non-emergency call from night of the shooting, based on how he described it.

I-44 recalls "snippets" of a 911 call, "banter between Mr. Zimmerman and the 911 operator." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

I-44 says he heard #GeorgeZimmerman "turned himself in." Heard "comical" edit of audio in case on radio. #TrayvonMartin

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »

I44

I-44: I realized this was "another drawn out case the local media is going to absolutely hit us with." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
I-44 calls being sequestered inconvenient but "far from insurmountable." State done w/questions, defense up. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
I-44 says he'd describe the case as "a shooting," add that they'll be a hearing to "find out what happened." #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »

I-44

I44: "Everyone has an opinion and they all stink." O'Mara is done questioning him.

I44 says he's a "sports nut" and doesn't want to get consumed in "media hyped cases."

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  2m 
I44 says he remembers seeing a computer animation of what may have happened the night of the shooting on CNN.

I44 says he has a "blended" family and tried to keep "avalanche" of coverage of this case out of his home.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  8m 
I44 lives in Lake Mary and was caught sometimes in traffic caused by #TrayvonMartin rallies. He says he wouldn't factor that in if picked.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  9m 
I44 says he remembers someone put recordings from the case to music as a joke.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »

June 18, 2012 Tweets cont

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  20s 
We're officially ready for round 2 of jury selection. Lawyers have agreed on 40 people whose news exposure is acceptable if they are jurors

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  3m 
Judge Nelson says they have found 40 potential jurors for regular voir dire.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »

I44

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 46s
... G14 G29 G47 G63 G66 G81 H6 H7 H18 H29 H35 H81 H69 H86 UI5 I19 I 24 I33 I44. Again, that's just a rough list, will need to confirm.

The list, as I hastily copied it down: B12 B29 B76 B7 B35 B37 B51 B86 E6 E40 E54 E73 M75 B61 B72 E22 E13 E28 K80 K95 P67...

Breaking: #GeorgeZimmerman jury selection hits milestone: 40 jurors for second phase of jury selecion. #TrayvonMartin

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 5m
They've reached the magic number: "We have those 40." Can move on to next stage of questioning. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZImmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
Nelson now questioning #GeorgeZimmerman on whether he agrees with his attorneys on juror decisions. "Yes, your honor." #TrayvonMartin

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 8m
Zimmerman trial: Jury selection continues | Updated story: http://bit.ly/18XoSiZ  #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman
 View summary

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 10m
I-44 says his friends are divided on the case, but that's not a problem: If he loses friends, "so be it." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 11m
I-44 says "many of my friends" are wrapped into the news, he's not. Calls himself a "sports nut." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 12m
I-44 saw a computerized recreation of the shooting in media, but "their credibility in my eyes is next to nothing." #GeorgeZimmerman

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:42 PM »

Judge says regular voir dire will start tomorrow at 9 a.m. Potential jurors will be questioned individually in front of the group, I'm told.

Also in 2nd round: G47, G63, G66, G81,  H6, H7, H18, H29, H35, H81, H69, H86, I5, I19, I24, I33, and I44.

The second list of potential jurors as I have it: B12 B29 B76 B7 B35 B37 B51 B86 E6 E40 E73 M75 B61 B72 E22 E13 E28 K80 K95 P67 G14 G29 cont

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  5m 
Judge has called people who were questioned today. Only one person was cut today after questioning, I14.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  3m 
Lawyers are now discussing some issue at the bench. Meanwhile State Attorney Angela Corey is sitting patiently by.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  5m 
And yes, H69 who is 5 months pregnant and stressed that she needed family contact if sequestered made the cut to round two of jury selection

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  7m 
I14 who was dismissed today was a high school student when shooting occurred. Said he heard most of the news from classmates and his mother.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »

Court is in recess until tomorrow at 9 a.m.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-jury-pool-20130618,0,6341800.story?page=1

George Zimmerman trial: Pool of 40 prospective jurors chosen
16 men, 24 women in pool
5:15 p.m. EDT, June 18, 2013

Prosecutors and defense attorneys have settled on 40 prospective jurors to move on to the second round of questioning in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial. The prospective panel is made up of 16 men and 24 women. They were chosen after being questioned about potential hardships that could keep them from serving — and what they knew about the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year in Sanford.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-jury-pool-20130618,0,3070601,full.story
George Zimmerman trial: Pool of 40 prospective jurors chosen
16 men, 24 women in pool

June 18, 2013

Prosecutors and defense attorneys have settled on 40 prospective jurors to move on to the second round of questioning in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial.

B-12: A middle-aged white woman who works the graveyard shift. She likes the crime-forensics show CSI and said she'd heard Zimmerman was following Trayvon.

B-29: A Hispanic nurse on an Alzheimer's ward who has seven children and lived in Chicago at time of shooting.

B-76: A white middle-aged woman who said Zimmerman had an "altercation with the young man. There was a struggle and the gun went off."

B-7: A middle-aged white man who listens to NPR. He remembered when Florida implemented its "stand your ground" law and the debate about whether it was needed.

B-35: A middle-aged black man who owns a vending business. He was critical of the Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, and says this case is not racial.

B-37: A middle-aged white woman who works for a chiropractor and has many pets. She described protests in Sanford as "rioting."

B-51: A retired white woman from Oviedo who has a dog and 20-year-old cat. She knew a good deal about the case, but said "I'm not rigid in my thinking."

B-86: A middle-aged white woman who works at a middle school. She said if Trayvon had not been "expelled" from school in Dade County — he was actually suspended — "this could have been prevented."

E-6: A young white woman and mother who used to work in financial services. She used this case as an example to her adolescent children, warning them to not go out at night.

E-40: A white woman in her 60s who lived in Iowa at the time of the shooting. She heard national news reports and recalls the shooting was in a gated community and a teenager was killed.

E-54: A middle-aged white man with a teenage stepson who wears hoodies. He recalled seeing photos of Zimmerman's head and face that show injuries.

E-73: A middle-aged white woman active in Sanford's arts community, who is raising her late brother's 15- and 18-year-old children. The media interjected race in this case, she said.

M-75: A young African-American woman who says many of her friends have opinions on the case, but she doesn't.

B-61: A young white woman who remembered that "after the protesters, it seemed to turn more into a racial issue...I don't think it's a racial issue."

B-72: A young man who does maintenance at a school and competes in arm wrestling tournaments. He said he avoids the news because he does not want to be "brainwashed."

E-22: A middle-aged African-American woman who said that after the shooting Sanford police should have booked Zimmerman and asked him more questions.

E-13: A young white woman who goes to college and works two jobs. She heard the shooting was a "racial thing."

E-28: A middle-aged white woman who works as a nurse. She knew little about the case and has no opinion about Zimmerman's guilt.

K-80: A middle-aged white woman with children who has not followed the case. She considers the "racial undertones" in the case "disturbing."

K-95: A middle-aged woman who's a full-time student and "IT geek" with two children. She was critical of protests calling for Zimmerman's arrest.

P-67: A native of Mexico who seemed eager to serve on the jury, describing it as a civic duty. "Some people think it is a racist thing," he said of the shooting.

G-14: A middle-aged white woman. "I remember a lot of anger, a lot of people upset that Mr. Zimmerman was not arrested immediately."

G-29: A young black woman who has lived in Seminole County eight months. "There is a lot of racial tension built up," she said, but she "stayed away from it."

G-47: A young white man who works as assistant manager at restaurant. Zimmerman appears to be "stuck in the worst situation" possible, he said.

G-63: A young, unemployed man who described himself as "mixed race." He knew few details about the case but denounced stereotyping and said people sometimes interject race into cases.

G-66: A retired white woman who cares for her toddler grandson and moved to Central Florida in 2011. When she saw photos of Zimmerman's injuries, "I felt sorry for him."

G-81: A tall black man who lives less than a half mile from the scene of the shooting. There is a racial divide in Sanford, he said, but the media has misportrayed the city.

H-6: A young white man who heard the phone call Zimmerman made to police before the shooting. "He sounded like he was concerned for his neighborhood."

H-7: A red-haired man about age 50 in a business suit who recalled "a big brouhaha in Sanford," described protesters as "a nuisance" and said, "I still don't know why it became a high profile case."

H-18: A handsome, muscled, dark-skinned man in his 20s with an accent who's a mechanic, owns his shop with a partner and moved here from Kuwait. He said he avoids discussing certain topics. "When it's politics, religion or race, I just don't get involved."

H-29: A white-haired man who described national civil rights leaders who led protests in Sanford "a little circus come to town." It was "negative for the city," he said. "That honestly turned me off."

H-35: A young woman who said she knows little about the case. She "liked" a photo of Trayvon on Facebook. Needs to move by the end of June, which she said would be a hardship.

H-81: He described the shooting as an "incident" between Zimmerman and Trayvon, and "Mr. Martin ended up dead." H-81 called the shooting a "very tragic situation." He has two pending civil cases before Nelson.

H-69: A five-months-pregnant woman who said she saw news about the case on television at work. She mentioned several times that she recalled seeing pictures of Trayvon as "a young child" in the media.

H-86: A young white woman, who said she knows almost nothing about the case. H-86 says she keeps up with current events, but "certain cases and things I don't follow."

I-5: A middle-aged African American man, he said he heard self-defense was involved with the case, at one point referring to Zimmerman as "the gentleman that was defending himself."

I-19: A young white woman identified as I-19, who said she hasn't followed the case and knows only the basic details: "I don't watch the news, I don't read the news," she said.

I-24: An older white woman who said she followed the case at first, but then "I just kinda tuned out." Describe the case as "a young man lost his life and another man is fighting for his life."

I-33: Older white man, who said "the more I heard, the less I wanted to hear." Heard there was a 911 call involved in the case, and "some controversy as to who was doing the screaming" heard in it.

I-44: A father of three who said he's highly skeptical of the media and its "negativity." He called himself a "sports nut."

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »

I can not see putting the rest of my life before this group of fools.
Many say that while all their friends talked about it they have no opinion.
Some say it's a racial thing. Sadly that is a part of it but it might go the other way.
H-18  "When it's politics, religion or race, I just don't get involved."
I-19   "I don't watch the news, I don't read the news,"

After what we have seen about Florida juries I would ask that the judge decide the case.
No offense intended to flamom and the rest but your neighbors got problems.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »

Some say it's a racial thing. Sadly that is a part of it but it might go the other way.

After what we have seen about Florida juries I would ask that the judge decide the case.

How many of the potential jurors are "liars" about how they feel. Or what they know?

Only takes one... Just saying.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »

How many of the potential jurors are "liars" about how they feel. Or what they know?

Only takes one... Just saying.

So true it's a little scary.  For both sides.

... and fascinating to see how the trial develops.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.