April 26, 2024, 12:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #4 6/14/13  (Read 165155 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

Does anyone else think this line of questions border on arguing the states case?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »

June 19, 2013 Tweets cont

https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  12s 
@True_Thoughts I believe that question was about how much time they'd have to prepare for being sequestered.
View conversation      Reply 
  Retweet   

Rene Stutzman Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman  1m 
O'Mara: it looks like we may start (evidence & testimony) Monday.
#Trayvon, #Zimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  44s 
O'Mara: "It looks like we may start Monday." Will last 2-4 weeks after that. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  2m 
P-67 says he prefers to be referred to as "citizen," "resident" or "Hispanic." Not "Mexican." #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman  2m 
P67: my little child is now sleeping with me, "I guess she's afraid someone is going to come get me." #Zimmerman, #Trayvon
Retweeted by Jeff Weiner 
   from Sanford, FL      Reply 

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  2m 
P-67: "There are things in the media," wife & kids don't appreciate way he was described. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  2m 
P-67 says his worries would impact his jury service. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  1m 
P-67 says his wife is worried about the situation, they're both worried about finances. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZImmerman

They're now questioning P-67 by himself. Had wife help write a letter. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  3m 
@MissAmiaSays I'm not, I'm in the Sentinel's newsroom. My colleague @ReneStutzman is tweeting from court.

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  5m 
@Ourtraceyboo I didn't make the comment. BDLR did. I was quoting him.

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  6m 
Judge Nelson releasing jurors early for the night, doesn't want O'Mara's questioning divided over two days. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »

June 19, 2012 Tweets cont

Court recesses for the night. Jurors to return for questioning by the defense 9 a.m. tomorrow. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

@MissAmiaSays Understood, whenever I am tweeting in court it's weird for me too. Always triple check that my ringer is off.

P-67 excused for the evening, told to come back tomorrow with the other jurors. #GeorgeZImmerman #TrayvonMartin

Jeff Weiner Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS  3m 
O'Mara reassures the juror that he'll have contact w/family, anonymity throughout trial. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »

Just curious, is there a way to poll scared monkey posters without them needing to use names? Who's packing? When do you wear it?

I have a twelve gauge 4 feet away and a .410/45 revolver that I wear during the day only on my property. I never take either passed the gate.
Mostly for varmits but it would take deputies 15-30 minutes to get here in the best.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »

I'm posting these tweets for clarification from the tweets of Jeff Weiner of Orlando Sentinel, posted above by grace-land.   When we're posting tweets, it can be hard to sit and open all conversations, and sometimes they aren't relevant.  In this case, I was intrigued, and I wanted to read the whole thing.  Notice Jeff put the sentence in quotes, which to me meant he was quoting BDLR, which it turns out he was. This has been part of the problem with this case.  Some are quick to jump on things that aren't really there. And there's more coming....  JMHO

June 19, 2013 Tweets Cont.

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 33m
BDLR says he's sitting down now, "Some of you may say, 'Hurrah!'" Defense next after 15 min recess. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Tracey ‏@Ourtraceyboo 26m
@JeffWeinerOS Are you going to make that same comment when O'Mara is finally sitting down?

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 26m
@Ourtraceyboo I didn't make the comment. BDLR did. I was quoting him.
 Hide conversation   Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »

BTW, because the tweets are linked back, if there are questions or someone wants to read further or read conversations, they can click on the link provided with the posts and read more detail.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »

June 19, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/vinniepolitan

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 2h
Tonight on @HLNAfterDark, I sit down with #TrayvonMartin's father to talk about the unimaginable loss of a child. 2-nite special begins 10pm

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 3h
What do #TrayvonMartin's parents think happened? I sit down w/ Tracy Martin to find out. 2-night @HLNAfterDark special begins tonight 10pm

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 6h
WATCH: Re-enactment: A nighttime view of #Zimmerman's path http://on.hln.tv/4gccvK  #trayvonmartin

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »

BTW, because the tweets are linked back, if there are questions or someone wants to read further or read conversations, they can click on the link provided with the posts and read more detail.   

Thanks, MuffyBee.  I'm planning to post Kathi's tweets that she made after the lunch break--to get an idea of what she was posting.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #408 on: June 19, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »

Would it be possible to change the name of the sticky to something else?  The use of the word "slaying" implies guilt to me. GZ is having a trial b/c he is innocent until proven guilty, How about the Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman trial?

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »

June 19, 2013 Tweets cont

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  27m 
Court is done for the day. See you at 9 a.m. (or a bit before)! #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  36m 
P-67 has been sent from the courtroom til tomorrow morning. Attorneys are at the judge's bench. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  37m 
.@MarkOMaraLaw: "If we pick you as a juror, can you sit with us?" P-67: *silence* "If that's the only option... I guess." #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  43m 
O'Mara said it looks like the trial will start Monday and last two to four weeks. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  43m 
P-67 is also worried that after 30 days his employer will no longer pay him. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  44m 
P-67 is concerned with how media described him as Mexican rather than as a citizen or Hispanic. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  47m 
P67 wanted to talk about his hardships if picked to serve on the jury. #zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  52m 
All potential jurors have left the court, but P67 remained for privacy. "Is the media on still?" he asks. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  55m 
Judge is releasing potential jurors for the day. They'll be back in the morn at 9. They're now being admonished. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  1h 
Prosecution is explaining exactly what sequestration will entail. #Zimmermanon9

More than a dozen of 40 potential jurors own guns. #Zimmermanon9

Prosecution is asking about who owns guns; one woman has a concealed weapons permit. #Zimmermanon9

Attorneys are at the bench at O'Mara's request. #Zimmermanon9

#BDLR: "Does anyone assume certain things because of the attire someone is wearing?" #Zimmermanon9

One woman said her husband is block captain, but has no idea what that means. #NeitherDoI #Zimmermanon9

#BDLR wants to know if anyone lives in a gated community or one w/neighborhood watch; some do. #Zimmermanon9

Two female jurors said they've been in situations of domestic violence. Sad #Zimmermanon9

#BDLR asking jurors if they've had disputes, resolved and unresolved, with anyone. #Zimmermanon9

From #Zimmerman family statement: "George acted in self-defense... we stand by George because he told the truth." #Zimmermanon9

Female juror who worked in loss prevention said she's busted her sister's friends for shoplifting. #Zimmermanon9

Jury candidates asked about experts and what if they disagree, what if you don't think they're real experts etc. #Zimmermanon9

When asked by #BDLR, no potential jurors said they have first-hand law enforcement experience. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  2h 
One witness talked about citizens' arrest and the state told the witness he knows the witness is an NRA member. #Zimmermanon9

State is now asking about neighborhood watch, taking the law into your own hands and race. #Zimmermanon9

Potential jurors being asked about crime in their neighborhoods and if they're in a neighborhood watch. #Zimmermanon9

E73 says she was the victim of a violent crime and she said "It's always in my mind". #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  3h 
WATCH LIVE/CHAT: Back in session at #Zimmermanon9 juror selection: http://at.wftv.com/15QGYxF  pic.twitter.com/VQHud7x9K7
View photo     

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  4h 
Potential jurors & court released for lunch. Jurors warned not to discuss case among themselves. Back at 1:45 p. #Zimmermanon9 via @WFTV
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »

Just curious, is there a way to poll scared monkey posters without them needing to use names? Who's packing? When do you wear it?

I have a twelve gauge 4 feet away and a .410/45 revolver that I wear during the day only on my property. I never take either passed the gate.
Mostly for varmits but it would take deputies 15-30 minutes to get here in the best.

Hi alagary,

Have you thought about Bear Spray?  It reaches up to thirty-five feet away, so I am told.

I wouldn't mind having a rifle, but I would need to practice a daily routine.

My neighbor's would not tolerate hearing boom, boom, boom.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

Would it be possible to change the name of the sticky to something else?  The use of the word "slaying" implies guilt to me. GZ is having a trial b/c he is innocent until proven guilty, How about the Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman trial?

I've forwarded your post to Klaasend.  MuffyBee

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

Been wondering that myself. Would not want to prejudice the jury.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »

Hi alagary,

Have you thought about Bear Spray?  It reaches up to thirty-five feet away, so I am told.

The next time I get 35 feet from a hawk or coyote I'll tell them you said hi.
My neighbor lives ways down the road and both of us have each other on  special speed dial. Hillbilly 911.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2013, 05:45:10 PM »

Hi alagary,

You don't need a "daily routine" to have a rifle. BTW, there's a difference between a rifle and a shotgun. Anyone using or having a firearm should be trained on safety and it's use.  But shooting daily?  Maybe not so much...

These differences determine the specific uses of each of these firearms. Rifles are designed for accuracy to hit a precise point. Shotguns are designed to shoot a spread of shot at moving targets. (It's a lot harder to miss with a shotgun.  And they are safer to have in the home than a rifle and especially safer than a handgun)

http://homestudy.ihea.com/aboutfirearms/10diffrifleshotg.htm

I have a can of "bear spray" that I use when I walk my dogs on leash, because of the inconsiderate folks that let their dogs run loose and have come after my dogs.  You must be very, very careful with that stuff.  Keep in mind the wind for one thing. For dogs, you would aim for their nostrils, not their eyes.  It might give you a minute or two to try to get away.  Spraying someone on drugs may not have the affect you want.  I've heard stories of LE using MACE (stronger than pepper sprays) and they have little effect. 

The State of Florida has laws regarding pepper spray:
http://www.misdefenseproducts.com/Pepper-Spray-Laws-Restrictions-sp-6.html

FLORIDA: Legal.

"Self-defense chemical sprays" are legal. They are defined as "a device carried solely for purposes of lawful self-defense that is compact in size, designed to be carried on or about the person, and contains not more than two ounces of chemical". Section 790.001. Although it may seem redundant, there is an express prohibition against using chemical sprays against a law enforcement officer. Section 790.054.

And last but not least.  If there is a person coming onto my property intending to do harm to me or my family and I fear for my or their life, pepper sprays aren't the answer.  We have so few LE officer for such a large area, the wait time could be fatal.  JMHO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »

Hi alagary,

The next time I get 35 feet from a hawk or coyote I'll tell them you said hi.
My neighbor lives ways down the road and both of us have each other on  special speed dial. Hillbilly 911.

Coyotes killed my neighbors 10 yo dauchsund that got out of the yard two weeks ago.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »

Right Muffy  that's why I like my .410/45,it will do no harm except what I am shooting at. Mostly I fire in the ground for the bang. I wonder if that would have helped Z?
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »

I pack
 I got one 12 gage shotgun  and two 38 Special Revolvers one is a Smith & Wesson® 637 Airweight® .38 Special Revolver  I can carry with me when riding my Harley.
 The other is a colt 38 special revolver diamondback
I don't like automatics they scare me
I have a pistol permit in three states

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2013, 05:59:37 PM »

I've forwarded your post to Klaasend.  MuffyBee

Thanks,

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: June 19, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »

Would it be possible to change the name of the sticky to something else?  The use of the word "slaying" implies guilt to me. GZ is having a trial b/c he is innocent until proven guilty, How about the Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman trial?

There is no question that Trayvon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman's gun.  So there was no question that Trevon Marton was Slain.  The question and the trial is of course weather or not Zimmerman killed Trayvon in self defense or not and in THAT LIGHT, Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty.

I see no reason to change the title of the sticky  What I will do is change the title of the NEXT thread.  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:40:31 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.