March 18, 2024, 10:22:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #4 6/14/13  (Read 162931 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: June 21, 2013, 12:49:15 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/20/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Mystery of Missing Toddler; Death Of A TV Icon
Aired June 20, 2013 - 21:00   ET

Then, Robert Zimmerman exclusive. The brother of the man who killed Trayvon Martin gives me his last and only interview until after the trial.

Next up, Robert Zimmerman reveals his family`s pain in the year since Trayvon Martin was killed. This is his only interview until the trial has completed.

And later on, a "Sopranos" insider is here to celebrate the life of James Gandolfini.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In the late hour at night, those times alone, those are the times that the breakdown comes.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VINNIE POLITAN, HLN ANCHOR: Coming up top of the hour, "HLN After Dark," the second part of my interview with Trayvon Martin`s father, Tracy Martin.

Also, coming up top of the hour, a bold question for our jury. Will women convict Zimmerman? Six women sitting in judgment of George Zimmerman, but does this jury of mostly women think the women in Seminole County will convict George Zimmerman? A verdict by the end of the program.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I was looking for my phone. And he just punched me in the nose. And I fell backwards and to the side, somehow I ended up on my back. And I felt him take one hand off my mouth and slide it down my chest. And I just pinched his arm and I grabbed my gun and I aimed it at him and fired one shot. He kind of sat back and said, you got me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

DR. DREW PINSKY, HOST: Back with my co-host, Samantha Schacher. George Zimmerman`s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr. is here with us tonight and we will talk about their family, their relationship, Trayvon Martin, and how events have affected all of them. This, a reminder, is his only and final interview until after the trial.

Joining us as well, Lauren Lake, Jenny Hutt, Wendy Walsh, and of course, Robert Zimmerman Jr. Panel, I`m going to ask you to sit by for just a second here then we`ll jump in with your questions. Mr. Zimmerman, thank you so much for joining us. What exactly is your relationship with your brother now? Are you guys close? Are you together? Tell me what that relationship is like.

ROBERT ZIMMERMAN, JR., GEORGE ZIMMERMAN`S BROTHER: Well, good evening, Dr. Drew. Thanks for having me. I was asked that actually by the state of Florida when i was deposed and I described George as the closest person to me. I think what is essential between brothers is trust.

And the best example I can give is right before this happened, our grandmother was hospitalized and George called me and he arranged for me -- for my transportation in Florida so that we could take care of her. She`s a very important person to us and it`s the same thing I`m doing right now during the trial. I`ve advocated for George as best that I could.

Now, this is in the hands of the jury, of the justice system, and it`s important that his parents and other family members can advocate for him as well. And since we take care of our grandmother as a family, I know that George wouldn`t want anyone else in the world to do that. And if I were in his shoes, I would absolutely trust him to do the same. He did the same thing when our dad had heart attack just days before this, arranged for me to get to Florida.

He slept in the hospital every night with dad. And I ran the household, as it were, so that our mom could be by her husband`s side. That`s the kind of family we are. We come together in times of crisis. And George is very much the same way.

PINSKY: OK. We`re looking at a lot of pictures alongside of you of you two as children. And you look like you were close growing up. I beg your pardon, we don`t know each other, but I`d heard rumors that lately you were estranged from your family. Do you want to set that record straight?

ZIMMERMAN: Yes. There was a statement my father made to one of George`s attorneys who is not representing him anymore. Dad was trying to protect me, to insulate me, and said that I would not have anything further to add since I didn`t live in Florida at the time. The news being the news did what they did with that.

I think NBC`s Torre (ph) was the one who kind of got that ball rolling with Piers Morgan somehow suggesting that I hadn`t seen or spoken to my family in ten years. It`s absurd, it`s nonsense. Like I said, we were together three or four nights before this happened, discharging our dad from the hospital and seeing to his welfare at home.

PINSKY: And, also, you spoke to some of my -- one of my producers and told him how terrorized you and your family were by when this -- what happened after this all went down. Can you describe what that was like and how much despair you, yourself, expressed?

ZIMMERMAN: Yes. I think, you know, initially, when this happened, it was tragic. It was -- that`s the best word to describe it. That`s how we felt all of us. The mood was somber in our family. I think after March 7th when the false narratives started coming to life and twisting the story and race started getting injected, that`s when the terror set in. And shortly after, the Black Panthers would be hunting for George. The police would tell me my home was not safe.

Spike Lee (ph) would tweet someone`s address he thought was my parents` and alter that family`s way of life. Roseanne Barr (ph) would go on to do something similar to our parents, and we would all essentially become homeless, on the run, in and out of hotels so that people who would harm us or people who were out rallying in the streets, very disrespectful at best messages about George would not find us or hurt us.

And we have been ID`d, I have been several times, not just in Florida, but in Washington, too. And it`s put me in a very awkward situation.

PINSKY: OK. I want to give my panel -- we just got very limited time here. We`re against the clock. But I will continue this with the panel after we get back. But Lauren, do you have any questions for Mr. Zimmerman?

LAUREN LAKE, ATTORNEY: Yes, Robert. I wanted to ask you. You say you`re close with your brother. And people have described him as having a vigilante-type personality. And I want to know if you agree with that, and if not, if you could just shed us -- for us some light on what he was like growing up. What was his personality like?

ZIMMERMAN: You know, I`ve heard even Dr. Drew throw that kind of terminology around -- cowboy or, you know, try to get inside George`s head without even knowing him. And it`s not just Dr. Drew, but it`s a lot of people who are relying on that element or introducing that to make that false narrative make more sense in the vacuum of evidence and in the vacuum of the results of an investigation that was actually happening despite what the NAACP and others would say.

I think growing up, George was my little brother. And I was his big brother. We are very well-known in our community. I think when the media found out about people who knew us in our community, they would use the term collectively "the boys." We were altar servers together growing up. We were two young men who spoke Spanish who were bilingual in our community.

And at that time, that was a rarity. So, we always had that in common, that we were the product of a biracial love story. And, you know, enjoyed doing things brothers two growing up, normal things that any brother would do.

PINSKY: OK. You guys, I`ve got to take a quick break. Hang in there. We are here with Robert Zimmerman, Jr. We`ll have more with him in just a second.

And later, James Gandolfini`s friend and fellow "Sopranos" star is here to tell us about the actor and his friends, his life, his loves after this.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Back with my co-host, Samantha Schacher and George Zimmerman`s brother, Robert Jr. Jenny, go ahead with your question.

JENNY HUTT, SIRIUS XM RADIO HOST: OK. First of all, Robert, thank you for being here as well and I`m sorry that you`ve experienced cyber bullying. Nobody should have to experience any bullying anywhere. So, here`s my question. It`s been reported that you`ve said that you don`t believe that your brother should have even been arrested.

Had the circumstances been different and Trayvon had been the one to pull the trigger and your brother had been killed, would you have not wanted Trayvon arrested either?

ZIMMERMAN: Well, I think what I`ve said and I`ve been very clear is the law, the statute as it stands, suggests that self-defense is not something we criminalize. And, you know, I think what you`re asking when you say George versus Trayvon is you`re saying what Mr. Crump (ph) and others who have been spinning this false from the beginning is if race were reversed.

And I would say no. In the exactly same set -- exact same set of circumstances, an arrest was inappropriate because a crime was not committed. It was an act of self-defense. And again, it`s not something we should criminalize in our society. It`s something we have a right to.

PINSKY: Hey, Robert, before this episode, was George ever the object of other victimization or violence?

ZIMMERMAN: Absolutely not, no. And you know, I`m glad you brought that up, because the FBI, themselves, have been looking far and wide. They`ve interviewed many people, looking not only for signs of violence or being a victim of violence or a perpetrator of violence, but including, you know, racism or even racial innuendo in his past life. And it went beyond just the local investigation to the state police, to the FBI. and there`s no there there.

Despite what you might hear from attorneys for Mr. Martin`s family who used race to perpetuate this false narrative after March 7th. There`s no there there. And that`s why we look forward as a family to George finally being able to clear his name 16 months after this happened in a court of law.

PINSKY: Wendy. Wendy, go ahead.

WENDY WALSH, PH.D., AUTHOR, "THE 30-DAY LOVE DETOX: Well, you know, you talked about the isolation you had and sort of having to be on the lam as a family, staying in hotels. Do you feel safe yet and what are you doing to, you know, keep yourself mentally healthful, if you will?

ZIMMERMAN: Well, I`m signing off-camera for tonight and that will keep me safer because it will keep me out of harm`s way. I won`t be in studios and I won`t be traveling. To keep my mind healthy, we pray. We spend as much time together as we can as a family. I remember years ago, Anderson Cooper had an interview with Oprah Winfrey about his brother`s suicide and that was always something that stuck out in my mind as, you know, looking forward.

April 11th when George was arrested, I just prayed to God that George would be stronger than something like that. And he has been. And, it`s not something to suggest he ever contemplated it, but if it was something that I had even thought of --

PINSKY: Did you?

ZIMMERMAN: I don`t think that contemplation is the word. I think it`s something that had never crossed my mind before. I think it was desperation, not seeing a way out, you know, trying to have some kind of life for myself in D.C. But there`s marches and rallies and protests outside my window all around me and signs suggesting my brother`s a racist or a murderer.

And really, it looked like there would be no way out except for the prosecuting attorney that came from Tallahassee to have made the right call and explain to the people that the investigation that was happening was valid, that there was no crime here, and that despite whatever anybody`s race is or is not, that the law should have been followed and no one should have been charged with a crime.

PINSKY: OK. Robert, thank you for joining us. Robert Zimmerman Jr., thank you, sir. Thank you to the panel. Reminder, Vinnie Politan will speak to Trayvon Martin`s father immediately after our program on "After Dark."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: June 21, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/06/21/judge-to-rule-on-voice-id-experts-in-zimmerman-trial/2447091/
Ruling on voice ID experts in George Zimmerman trial expected today
June 21, 2013SANFORD, Fla—A ruling on whether voice identification experts will testify at George Zimmerman's trial is expected Friday.

Circuit Judge Debra Nelson told lawyers for both sides Friday morning that she wanted to end court proceedings early to study her notes from a hearing about the experts and issue her decision. Defense lawyers are trying to keep a state witness from testifying that he can hear Trayvon Martin screaming stop in the background of a 911 call.

Attorneys in a Frye hearing held over more than four days tried to convince Nelson that experts either could explain their theories on the call or should be thrown out as junk science.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: June 21, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/6/21/george_zimmerman_tri_0.html

Zimmerman judge allows 'defamatory' terms, no 911 ruling yet
Last Updated: Friday, June 21, 2013, 12:24 PM

SANFORD --
Lawyers prosecuting George Zimmerman are allowed to use terms like "vigilante" and "wannabe cop" once the trial begins Monday.

Judge Debra Nelson made the ruling in court Friday, denying a defense motion to have what they called "defamatory" words and phrases banned from Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial.

The judge still needs to decide whether the jury of six women and four alternates will hear testimony from voice experts who analyzed audio from a 911 call made the night Trayvon Martin was shot and killed last year. She said she would release that ruling in writing, possibly later Friday.

Court is in recess until Monday morning, when attorneys are set to begin opening statements at 9 a.m.

'Defamatory' terms allowed

Judge Nelson said the state is allowed to say that Zimmerman "profiled" Martin, but the state agreed to stay away from saying the black teenager was "racially profiled."

Prosecutors can also say that Zimmerman initiated the neighborhood watch at the Retreat at Twin Lakes subdivision, and that he was appointed captain.

The judge also allowed the following terms the defense sought to ban:

"Vigilante"
"Wannabe cop"
He "got out of the car after police (or dispatcher) told him not to"
He "confronted" Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman waived his right to appear in court for Friday's hearing. He has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming he shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

If convicted, Zimmerman faces a sentence of 25 years to life in prison.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/317376/568/Judge-in-George-Zimmerman-case-to-rule-in-writing-on-voice-expert-testimony

Opening statements begin Monday
3:02 PM, Jun 21, 2013

Nelson also ruled that in opening statements prosecutors can say that Zimmerman "profiled" Martin, but they may not say the Miami teen was "racially profiled" by the neighborhood watch volunteer.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said that the words "racial profiling" could "infect the jury with a racial component."

She said the state can say that Zimmerman "confronted" Martin because that is the basis for their case. The terms "vigilante" and "wanna-be cop" will also be allowed.

Nelson told the lawyers opening statements are not evidence anyway, and if they fail to prove what they said they could in those statements, the defense is free to tell the jury that.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/317376/568/Judge-in-George-Zimmerman-case-to-rule-in-writing-on-voice-expert-testimony

Nelson also ruled that in opening statements prosecutors can say that Zimmerman "profiled" Martin, but they may not say the Miami teen was "racially profiled" by the neighborhood watch volunteer.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said that the words "racial profiling" could "infect the jury with a racial component."

She said the state can say that Zimmerman "confronted" Martin because that is the basis for their case. The terms "vigilante" and "wanna-be cop" will also be allowed.

Nelson told the lawyers opening statements are not evidence anyway, and if they fail to prove what they said they could in those statements, the defense is free to tell the jury that.

BBM

Anyone else thinking back to the opening statements by Jose Baez in the CA trial?   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »

Yes, I remember that, MuffyBee; and it reminded me of the opening statement.  During the closing statement JB said something like--the defense doesn't have to prove anything. 

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »

Vigilante and wannabecop are made up State words Lets use real words connected with state of mind "nolimitnigga" shows a lot about attitude. A few minutes reading Martins tweets show everything I needed to know about his state of mind when he ambushed Z. Then listen to deedee that gives a timeline. How hard to imagine her goading the whole thing on? She felt "guilt" because she is the one that escalated this whole thing. In her depo she called Martin a "mammas boy".  Easy to get to she told Martin "Get him"  All this is whyafter hearing her boyfriend get slugged and then screaming  "get off" she did NOTHING.

I will be making extra popcorn for the day she gets called, gonna be a hoot!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2013, 07:42:52 PM »

This is such bullchit.....can O'Mara say NOLIMITNIGGA had a history of fighting and confronted George then beat the chit out of him as evidenced by his broken nose and back of his head, covered in blood? Can they say he has a history of behavioral problems at school, can he say he was on drugs (and that is factual)?

The very fact she is still considering the testimony of the audio whatever you want to call him, I refuse expert just as I thought the testimony of magical thinking in Slore's trial was BS. It's like she is setting this case up for appeal if he is convicted. What about O'Mara needing more time since the state failed to turn over everything on the phone and lied in open court, on the record about it....I'd post his text from his phone, those show he really was a wanna b thug, oh hell IMO he was a thug. Not that he deserved to die, but I can see him taking no shit from some white-hispanic dude because he didn't see enough blood when he previously fought someone, was she itching to show how tough he was and GZ felt threatened for his life, and TM sees the gun, so at that point it's a split second decision , am I going to let him kill me or shoot him. I echo what someone else stated, shoot to kill (I got that from the cop that taught me how to shoot, aim for the widest area of the perp which I would have less than zero problem doing if my family were threatened and I sure as hell wouldn't want to rely on spray if I am in a life/death decision). I wonder wth TM wanted a gun so bad...it would be illegal for him to buy one to begin with but can't say all that without the professional agitators , whose very job and happens to pay them extremely well under the guise of justice...everything about this case is off the rails and I mentioned my worry about riots, protest if he's not convicted *seeing LA riots - Rodney King type multiplied by 100*, even many of the potential jurors felt that way....so it's not irrational to think it can/will happen if they don't serve the justice the professional agitators feel is warranted. I dread this case, the verdict and the aftermath with good reason.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #568 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »

Another thing I don't understand wrt this Judge and her decisions or difficulty in making what appears to be a simple decision and is fact based:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-911-screams-20130621,0,2801507.story

During the session Friday morning, West got into an argument with the judge about two statements by Zimmerman that defense attorneys want witnesses to tell jurors about.

One would come from one of the first people on the scene the night of the shooting. That person told attorneys he heard Zimmerman say that he had to shoot Trayvon because the teenager was beating him up.

The other would come from a Sanford police officer who quickly got to the scene. He told attorneys that Zimmerman said he had been calling for help but that no one would help him. The judge put off hearing argument about that until next week.

Are these not true facts of the case? Same goes for his thug wanna be/already there lifestyle choices, why can't they talk about his quest for a gun, weed, fighting and other issues such as school suspensions which IMO play into the mindset of TM, he's been sent away to live with his dad;s brother Stephen IIRC and was on a slippery slope and his friends texting him mention this to him, does that not go to state of mind and as Nelson stated this:

so why isn't this relevant to TM too and some ARE indeed facts. I guess I missed something because it's damn absurd IMO to leave out relevant info, allow the state to not turn over damning photos etc., from the defense until the very last minute.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2013, 01:24:46 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/few-express-interest-attending-george-zimmerman-mu/nYRnF/

Posted: 4:36 p.m. Friday, June 21, 2013
Few express interest in attending George Zimmerman murder trial

SANFORD, Fla. —
While the case against George Zimmerman has captivated the country, it seems as if local interest in the case could be waning.

On Friday, the public got a shot at tickets that would let them sit in the courtroom Monday for opening statements, and only a small group of people took advantage of the opportunity.

Some of those who stopped by to sign up for a ticket had already had an inside look at what to expect Monday.

An Oviedo man who didn't want to be identified said he was juror I33 and that he made it into the final 40-person Zimmerman trial pool Thursday. He wasn't one of the six jurors and four alternates selected for the trial.

"It started to get pretty interesting," he said.

------------------------

From the "Jury" area at SM:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14277.0

I-33: Older white man, who said "the more I heard, the less I wanted to hear." Heard there was a 911 call involved in the case, and "some controversy as to who was doing the screaming" heard in it.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: June 22, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »

Video at the link

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sharpton-martin-attorney-question-zimmerman-jury-selection-can-mostly-white-panel-give-equal-justice/

Sharpton, Martin Attorney Question Zimmerman Jury Selection: Can Mostly-White Panel Give ‘Equal Justice?’
9:09 pm, June 20th, 2013

Following jury selection in the George Zimmerman murder trial, which features almost all white jurors for a racially-charged case, MSNBC host Al Sharpton asked Benjamin Crump, the attorney of Trayvon Martin’s family, whether the trial would be fair.

“We’ve said all along that this is a case about equal justice,” Crump said. “Equal justice under the law isn’t a black value, it’s not a white value, it’s an American value. With the makeup of this jury—five white women and one Hispanic—the question is can every American get equal justice no matter who sits on your jury panel?”

Crump added that the Martin family was “putting their faith in the justice system and they pray that it doesn’t fail them.”

Sharpton drew Crump’s attention to Juror B-37, who described the protests in Sanford as “riots” and had a concealed weapons permit.

“I was down there and helped organize some of the protests asking for a trial,” Sharpton said. “I never saw rioting and never heard of rioting when I was there.”

“That’s what we’ve been saying all along,” Crump replied. “Everybody who protested on behalf of Trayvon Martin was very peaceful. All his parents have ever asked for is peaceful justice.”

“The question I really have, Reverend Sharpton: once the jury bases their verdict on the evidence—and the evidence is overwhelming—and they come back with a just verdict holding George Zimmerman guilty of killing Trayvon Martin, will the other guys act right?” Crump asked. “That’s the question we don’t know. We know how everybody who supported Trayvon Martin has acted thus far, and they’ve been very peaceful.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: June 22, 2013, 01:35:52 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-george-zimmerman-trial-to-rearrange-daytime-20130621,0,3627724.post

George Zimmerman trial to rearrange daytime lineup
By Hal BoedekerStaff writer
3:14 p.m. EDT, June 21, 2013

Just as the Casey Anthony trial did two summers ago, the George Zimmerman trial will prompt major changes to local daytime television.

Opening statements are to start at 9 a.m. Monday. Viewers will see live, wall-to-wall coverage that day on WESH-Channel 2, WKMG-Channel 6, WFTV-Channel 9 and WOFL-Channel 35. Cable channel Central Florida News 13 will continue the extensive coverage that began with jury selection. (On the national front, HLN says it will cover the opening statements live Monday.)

Here's a look at each broadcast station's plan:

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: June 22, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »

http://gzlegalcase.com/

State's 17th Redacted Supplemental Discovery
on 06 June 2013.

The following document was filed with the Court:

STATE'S 17th REDACTED SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY: Pleading and Exhibits
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0613/states_17_discovery_redacted_exhibits_redacted.pdf
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: June 22, 2013, 02:18:04 AM »

DEFENDANT'S SPECIFIC RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING SELF-SERVING HEARSAY STATEMENTS OF DEFENDANT
on 21 June 2013.

The following document has been filed with the Court:

DEFENDANT'S SPECIFIC RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING SELF-SERVING HEARSAY STATEMENTS OF DEFENDANT
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0613/re_self-serving_statements.pdf

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: June 22, 2013, 02:24:09 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-05-22/news/os-george-zimmerman-trial-photos-20130522_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-gun-Zimmerman

Defense attorneys release scores of photos, preparing for George Zimmerman trial
May 22, 2013

Defense attorneys have released scores of new photos in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder case, including those of clothes he and Trayvon Martin wore the night they got into a fight and Zimmerman killed the teenager.

The photos were taken by Zimmerman's defense team Aug. 8 at a state crime lab and show pieces of evidence after they had been analyzed, including the hoodie with a bullet hole in it that Trayvon wore.

Other crime lab photos include the gun Zimmerman used, Trayvon's cell phone plus the Skittles and soft drink Trayvon had just bought.

There are also two new photos of Zimmerman in a cap and gown at a graduation ceremony at Seminole State College. School records show that although he went through the ceremony, he did not graduate because he failed an astronomy class in the fall of 2011.

The photos are part of a set of evidence that defense attorneys released late Tuesday to prosecutors, notifying them that they may use them at Zimmerman's trial, which is scheduled to begin June 10 in Sanford.

The 29-year-olf former Neighborhood Watch volunteer killed Trayvon, an unarmed black 17-year-old, Feb. 26, 2012, after calling Sanford police and describing the teenager as suspicious.

Zimmerman says he acted in self-defense.

In the evidence packet there also were scores of other photos, many of them released last year by prosecutors. Those include now-iconic photos of Zimmerman with a bloody nose and blood on the back of his head.

Some appear to support Zimmerman's claim of self-defense. For example, photos taken at the Sanford police station the night of the shooting show a cut across the bridge of his nose and several areas of redness – perhaps abrasions - on the back and sides of his head.

One photo of the right side of his head shows six areas of discoloration.

But police close-ups of Zimmerman's hands show no evidence of cuts or scrapes, something you might expect on someone who had just been in a fight.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #575 on: June 22, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »

It was surprising to see the judge allow prejudicial terms used to describe the defendant, terms that I have been using in my head.
NOT FAIR in court....Court is a place for the prosecution to present facts, not pejoratives   

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: June 22, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »

Audio at the link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-experts-ruling-20130622,0,7655747.story

Judge bars audio experts from George Zimmerman trial who say screams were not Zimmerman
10:13 a.m. EDT, June 22, 2013

In a major victory for murder suspect George Zimmerman, a judge today ruled that prosecutors may not put on the witness stand two state audio experts who say the voice heard screaming in the background of a 911 call was someone other than Zimmerman.

The judge had heard three days of testimony about the science used by the state's experts and ruled that it failed to meet Florida's legal standard.

One of the experts, Alan R. Reich, had concluded the voice he identified as Trayvon is heard yelling "I'm begging you" and "stop." The other, Tom Owen, says he ruled Zimmerman out as the screamer with biometric software.

Both are now banned.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: June 22, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/22/3464998/judge-excludes-state-audio-experts.html

Posted on Saturday, 06.22.13
Judge excludes state audio experts in George Zimmerman trial
By DAVID OVALLE

In the ruling released Saturday, Seminole Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson said prosecutors can still play the 911 tape and other recordings at trial, and lawyers can introduce witnesses who are familiar with the voices of Trayvon or Zimmerman to testify about the identity of the person or persons screaming.

In her 12-page order, sent via e-mail to the lawyers in the case, Nelson found that the methods the two men used to analyze the audio were not generally accepted in the scientific community.

“There is no evidence to establish that their scientific techniques have been tested and found reliable,” she wrote.

She singled out Reich, who claimed he heard Trayvon saying specific phrases, including “I’m begging you.” Nelson said his report to the prosecution, which differed from one given earlier to a newspaper, “would confuse issues” and “mislead the jury.”

The judge’s decision on the audio experts was highly anticipated.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #578 on: June 22, 2013, 12:04:03 PM »

thank god she made the right decision on the audio recording analysis...

i just don't see a conviction happening in this case.  if anything maybe a hung jury.  i believe the defense got the jury they wanted and i trust their jury consultant
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: June 22, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »

ORDER EXCLUDING THE OPINION TESTIMONY OF MR. OWEN AND DR. REICH
on 22 June 2013.

The following order has been filed by the Court:

ORDER EXCLUDING THE OPINION TESTIMONY OF MR. OWEN AND DR. REICH
http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0613/order_excluding.pdf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.