April 27, 2024, 12:30:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10 missing 7/13/12 Evansdale, IA  (Read 252962 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQOKoZYWWs&feature=youtube_gdata

5:59 / 6:59

Paternal grandma said Lizzie and Lyric came over daily to clean her house.

Maybe they got tired cleaning her house. Why did Lyric get into trouble for not

doing her chore,s the week before?  I only wished the reporter would have asked

paternal grandma that question.

Just food for thought -- I used to go to my great-grandmother's house every day to clean.  Now what my little mind considered cleaning and what an adult would consider cleaning were two different things.  But that was what I always told my mother -- I had to go clean.  My reward was tea and bisquits from my MamMam.  Such sweet memories.  Did I get in trouble for not doing my chores at home?  all the time.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »

Seahorse and Sassi:

Unless he violates the conditions of his bond, Dan Morrissey will not be incarcerated.

He has been placed in special needs supervision pre-trial services, which can and likely will include daily contact, possible monitoring and surveillance.   Iowa requires subpoenas to get any police reports or anything outside of basic docket information but I am told under the program, the suspects can be required to be subject to random drug testing as well.

Mr. Morrissey continues to be the focus of this investigation although it is my understanding Misty has not been cleared to date either.

Am I the only person that is reminded of the Cummings case with these two?
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

Just food for thought -- I used to go to my great-grandmother's house every day to clean.  Now what my little mind considered cleaning and what an adult would consider cleaning were two different things.  But that was what I always told my mother -- I had to go clean.  My reward was tea and bisquits from my MamMam.  Such sweet memories.  Did I get in trouble for not doing my chores at home?  all the time.
Sister, I was thinking the same.  I would go to my great-grandmother's to do yard work.  All I did was water flowers, sweep her porch and pick something for her vase.  But afterward, I got whatever sweet goodie she had made...chocolate pie, pound cake, cookies.  I looked forward to going to 'work'.  lol

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »

Sister, I was thinking the same.  I would go to my great-grandmother's to do yard work.  All I did was water flowers, sweep her porch and pick something for her vase.  But afterward, I got whatever sweet goodie she had made...chocolate pie, pound cake, cookies.  I looked forward to going to 'work'.  lol

My tougue is hanging out. YUM.

I cleaned often...but at home.  I dusted about everyday, because of the Steel Mills in Pittsburgh, soot was everywhere, inside and outside the house. Busy hands are a good thing. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »

Today, 02:17 PM 
LilyPad

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1675116
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FBI "truly believes these girls are still alive". Says FBI has "physical evidence" but won't give specifics #evansdalesearch

by idaveprice via twitter 4:17 PM

I guess anyone can say anything on internet.  Let's hope this is true that the girls are alive.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »

Iowa Law Enforcement Reclassified Disappearance of Missing Cousins Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey as an Abduction

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/07/21/iowa-law-enforcement-reclassified-disappearance-of-missing-cousins-elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook-morrissey-as-an-abduction/

There is presently a $50,000 reward being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible in this case. Capt. Rick Abben stated they they are confident that the girls are not in the lake. Abben also said investigators have also “obtained evidence” that was forwarded to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation lab in Ankeny, but he would not say when or how the evidence was obtained.
::snipping2::

Hmm ... wonder what this could be?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »

Seahorse and Sassi:

Unless he violates the conditions of his bond, Dan Morrissey will not be incarcerated.

He has been placed in special needs supervision pre-trial services, which can and likely will include daily contact, possible monitoring and surveillance.   Iowa requires subpoenas to get any police reports or anything outside of basic docket information but I am told under the program, the suspects can be required to be subject to random drug testing as well.

Mr. Morrissey continues to be the focus of this investigation although it is my understanding Misty has not been cleared to date either.

Am I the only person that is reminded of the Cummings case with these two?

Thank-you, Blick for educating me.  A pee test, random test!  Great news, he is monitored.

Yes, this case reeks of the Cummings case.

The paternal grandmother gushed how Lyric liked to play with hair and make-up, just like Ron's mother went on about Haleighs love of playing with hair and make-up.  My stomach felt horrible, the paternal grandmother was petting a kitten on the video, while waiting for the lake to be drained.  I must come from Mars, I cannot see myself waiting for the water to be drained, if anyone was missing. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance

Commenting is closed but this chat will continue to provide updates

http://www.kcrg.com/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/FBI-Investigators-Believe-Missing-Girls-Are-Still-Alive-163296976.html

FBI: Investigators Believe Missing Girls Are Still Alive
Story Created: Jul 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM CDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM CDT

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance/Saturday-3PM-Update-Authorities-Hold-Daily-Press-Briefing-163297226.html

Saturday 3PM Update: Authorities Hold Daily Press Briefing
Story Created: Jul 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM CDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM CDT

Watch the entire FBI press conference with the media that took place at 3PM on Saturday, July 21, 2012.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/21/investigators-believe-missing-iowa-girls-are-alive/?test=latestnews

Investigators believe missing Iowa girls are alive

Published July 21, 2012

EVANSDALE, Iowa –  Investigators say they have evidence that leads them to believe two Iowa cousins who vanished last week are still alive.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Saturday that authorities strongly believe 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have not been killed.

She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but told reporters that investigators are expanding their search beyond Iowa.

The announcement came a day after authorities said they believe the girls were abducted.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »

Maybe two criminals have been schooling themselves on how to profit from what appears to be a "child abduction"?  They certainly would have many, many, creepy parents and grandparents to learn from!!!!!  I'm sure that locally and maybe even privately that particular family has been catered to because of the missing girls.  I don't know of any website or donation set up in their name but you and I both know that there are big hearted, well meaning people in this world ready to lend them a hand with just about anything and remain anonymous!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Paternal Grandma Vicki said Lyric likes to play games on the computer.

I wonder if the FBI has tracked Lyric and Elizabeth logging onto FB/games?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »

I don't care what DM's family or friends say about his stellar parenting skills.  A person on meth can become a monster capable of any atrocious act conceivable (or inconceivable as your point may be).  Remember Jorelys Rivera's killer, Ryan Brunn, the maintenance man who was high on meth?  No one who knew him thought he was capable of murder.  Meth takes away all inhibitions and replaces them rage and hallucinations. 

The mom, could be just as culpable if she is still doing it as well.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2012, 12:09:01 AM »

I don't care what DM's family or friends say about his stellar parenting skills.  A person on meth can become a monster capable of any atrocious act conceivable (or inconceivable as your point may be).  Remember Jorelys Rivera's killer, Ryan Brunn, the maintenance man who was high on meth?  No one who knew him thought he was capable of murder.  Meth takes away all inhibitions and replaces them rage and hallucinations. 

The mom, could be just as culpable if she is still doing it as well.   
One element of the Jorelys case that I've not seen with this one is that Ryan Brunn had a history of sex crimes at young girls. That wasn't released until after his suicide, but LE knew about it when he was arrested.  Unless I missed it, so far no one tied to this case has been involved in a child sex crime.  

But, yes, meth, or any other drug can cause otherwise reasonable adults to do stupid (and deadly) things.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2012, 12:17:02 AM »

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19081988/parents-of-elizabeth-collins-plead-for-release-of-girls
Parents of Elizabeth Collins plead for release of girls
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 10:34 PM EDT

Meantime, the parents of Elizabeth Collins are pleading for the kidnapper to release the two girls unharmed.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »

The mother doing the interviews is a bit too giddy for a mom of a missing child IMO.
I had hope in the beginning that the girls would be ok..as time goes on though....
Mom acts like it is no big deal that 2 little girls are missing...weird!

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57477386-504083/elizabeth-collins-lyric-cook-morrissey-authorities-believe-missing-iowa-girls-are-alive-report-says/

July 22, 2012 9:30 AM
FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Saturday that authorities strongly believe 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have not been killed.
She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but told reporters that investigators are expanding their search beyond Iowa.
The announcement came a day after authorities said they believe the girls were abducted.
Breault says investigators are interviewing "persons of interest" in the case, whom she declined to identify.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »

Please God...we could use a miracle......Hoping for the safe return of these innocents.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2012, 10:52:11 AM »

And from Blink at Blink on Crime (Scared Monkeys's Sister Forum)

http://twitter.com/blinkoncrime
23h BlinkOnCrime ‏@BlinkOnCrime
Missing Iowa Girls Lyric and Elizabeth: New Evidence Found, Lake Cleared, Dad Dan Morrissey Is Suspect. Is A Ja... http://bit.ly/OMoyqI

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/07/21/missing-iowa-girls-lyric-and-elizabeth-new-evidence-found-lake-cleared-dad-dan-morrissey-is-suspect-is-a-jailbreak-connected/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Missing Iowa Girls Lyric and Elizabeth: New Evidence Found, Lake Cleared, Dad Dan Morrissey Is Suspect. Is A Jailbreak Connected?
Saturday July 21, 2012

Comments at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.