April 27, 2024, 02:32:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10 missing 7/13/12 Evansdale, IA  (Read 252986 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

I am a bit puzzled. 

Is there anyone else living, at maternal G-ma's house?

There are a few others, (maybe), at the same residence.

The internet is often off target.

The FBI was so confident the girls are alive, I do not think the FBI would lie.

The girls are not listed as endangered, so does that mean they are in safe hands?

http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=jeramia+cook,+waterloo,++iowa&s9=t30#:2069689967

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jhpJ55-L9rKeN7LeLRby7WNUIMcQ?docId=c4f99f1115854cd99638edb365d6e219

Grandma: No idea how Iowa cousins biked to lake
By By RYAN J. FOLEY – 4 minutes ago
(July 24, 2012)

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — The grandmother who was babysitting two Iowa cousins when they disappeared nearly two weeks ago after going for a bike ride said Tuesday that she has no idea how they ended up across town by a lake.

Wylma Cook, 72, said that Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins occasionally went biking while she babysat them several days a week at Collins' parents' home in Evansdale. But she said they almost always stayed within blocks and had never gone to Meyers Lake, a mile away.

"It shocks me, OK. The girls never rode that far, never. It was in a two-block area, that's it. They always returned like I told them," Cook said.
 ::snipping2::
Cook, the girls' grandmother, said she doubted the abduction was linked to drugs but could not rule it out. She said Dan Morrissey voluntarily turned his cellphone over to investigators in recent days and explained all the calls he made and received.

"I mean there could be a side chance of somebody that hates him or something, I don't know," she said. "Everybody is being checked out."

Cook said she is "praying so hard" for the girls' safety while picking over the details of the day she last saw them, when they left for a bike ride at 11:30 a.m.

Cook said Lyric knew she had to return home shortly because Lyric and Cook planned to leave for the home they shared in nearby Waterloo with Lyric's mother, Misty Morrissey, by 1:30 p.m. Cook said she expected the girls to return for lunch or a drink of water or juice as they always did when they were playing in the heat.

"That's what's just so strange about all of it," she said.

Cook said she got nervous when they weren't back by 12:30 p.m. and started driving around town looking for them. After an hour of searching, she returned to the home. Cook said that Misty Morrissey stopped by after getting off work.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »

http://wcfcourier.com/twitter-updates-hundreds-search-for/html_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

We are getting more leads from people coming forward. #evansdalesearch

"No indication they are in Evansdale. No indication they are not in Evansdale."

He's rehashing the case to date #evansdalesearch

"This is a nationwide search"

Investigators talking to someone who came forward as we speak

"No idea" where the girls are

We have had a few people come forward since yesterday's plea for people

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »

Abben: more people who were at Meyers Lake Friday are coming forward

Paddleboat people have come forward after request for people on Meyers Lake was made

80-90 people who have claimed to be psychics or mediums Smile

http://wcfcourier.com/twitter-updates-hundreds-search-for/html_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

::justice2NJ::

http://twitter.com/KCRG/status/227874858502090755

Abben: Someone has to have seen these girls and knows what happened to them. #evansdalesearch

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2012, 05:42:24 PM »

[b]Abben re-iterating Amber Alert does not apply in this case. No suspect description.

Press conference over

PM Construction workers who were working on the highway when the girls went missing have been interviewed. Nothing substantial has come out of those interviews

Abben: Families have provided updated pictures and they will be released soon. Newer

Abben: FBI said they are in this for the long haul. They will stay as long as we need help

"Purse was fine" - No signs of struggle

more...

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »

Thank you, Seahorse, for the updates from the press conference! 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120724/NEWS/120724029/0/DATEBOOK/?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Daily briefings on missing Iowa girls end
6:04 PM, Jul 24, 2012

Authorities ended their daily news media briefings after Tuesday afternoon’s gathering, saying there was nothing new to release in the nearly two-week-old disappearance of two missing Iowa cousins.

However, despite the quieting of the public conversation, officials emphasized the search for Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, continued at top speed.

“We’re not giving up,” said Rick Abben, Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office chief deputy, who has served as spokesman for the investigation which includes local, state and federal authorities. “We’ve still got two missing girls and we aim to find them.”

Grainy footage from a business security camera revealed Tuesday for the first time, showed the two girls riding their bikes near a relative’s home at about 12:15 p.m. July 13. The time stamp on the video matches the time frame of when the girls were last seen before their bicycles were discovered near Meyers Lake.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »

Great map and timeline

Map: Timeline of events

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

Thank-you. Good site for everything. The video of PC is posted, too. 

Sometimes stinks, IMO.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2012, 11:34:29 AM »

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120724/NEWS/120724029/0/DATEBOOK/?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Daily briefings on missing Iowa girls end
6:04 PM, Jul 24, 2012

Authorities ended their daily news media briefings after Tuesday afternoon’s gathering, saying there was nothing new to release in the nearly two-week-old disappearance of two missing Iowa cousins.

However, despite the quieting of the public conversation, officials emphasized the search for Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, continued at top speed.

“We’re not giving up,” said Rick Abben, Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office chief deputy, who has served as spokesman for the investigation which includes local, state and federal authorities. “We’ve still got two missing girls and we aim to find them.”

Grainy footage from a business security camera revealed Tuesday for the first time, showed the two girls riding their bikes near a relative’s home at about 12:15 p.m. July 13. The time stamp on the video matches the time frame of when the girls were last seen before their bicycles were discovered near Meyers Lake.

Grace-land

You are welcome with the PC updates. T.Y. for informing us the pressers have ceased.

Do you think the authorities have an idea where the kids are?

I saw on NG (about a week ago), a photo of Lyric kicking a horseshoe,wow, she looked very athletic.
I cannot see anyone taking this little girl, without a tug of war.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »

TY, Seahorse for all the info you are providing.  Any possibility than one or both of the girls were talking to unknown individuals on the internet?   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

TY, Seahorse for all the info you are providing.  Any possibility than one or both of the girls were talking to unknown individuals on the internet?   

Flutter1, Y.W.

Realistic, yes!

My monkey brain is puzzled as why the girls are not listed, as endangered or "urgent" (Mizz Nancy's, favorite word).

The FBI said they couldn't stress enough that the girls are alive.  Geez, they would not need to stress to me anything Smile I would believe the FBI. They do not like being lied to,  perhaps this is why the family is cooperating. We know what happened to Martha.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »

Back at ya, seahorse. 

It's difficult to say if they know the who or where about the little girls, but they seem to know something that they are not sharing with the public.  Hopefully, they connect the dots as soon as possible.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »

Video at link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-iowa-cousins-surveillance-video-elizabeth-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676

Missing Iowa Cousins: Surveillance Video of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Discovered
July 25, 2012

Authorities in Iowa investigating the disappearance of 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook, have obtained new video of the missing girls from the day they vanished 12 days ago.

Although the girls only look like a blur as they cross the frame on their bicycles in the video, and the footage of the two girls lasts only seconds, investigators say they now are analyzing it for any clues that could lead to information about the girls whose bicycles were later recovered on a trail by nearby Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa.

"It looked kind of grainy, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said. "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."

The video also matches the police timeline. Investigators say the girls left the home to ride their bikes shortly after noon July 13. The camera's clock shows it was 12:11 p.m. when they rode by.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2012, 01:34:18 PM »

Where are these girls????  Wouldn't you think that if they parents were involved, the person responsible for having the girls would be someone they trusted???  Like a friend or family member???  If that were the case, I'd be looking at who isn't around right now.  Got a cousin that hasn't shown up since this happened???  How about a family friend that never missed a wedding or funeral and suddenly they can't do anything but call????  If these girls are being kept somewhere, their has to be an adult with them, right???

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »

Ray E Cook  Died in 2007 (62) Waterloo, IA  Jeramia W Cook, Wylma R Cook

http://www.peoplesmart.com/psp.aspx?_act=resultswp

I wonder if this was the Dad?

Still looking for Jeramia W. Cook (I believe the W. stands for William)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »

http://www.peoplesmart.com/psp.aspx?_act=resultswp

Wylma R Cook
View Full Results Age:72

Address: Click Here

Possible Relatives: Jeramia W Cook, Ray Elliott Cook

Name Appears As:W Cook

My opinions
I think Jeramia W Cook, is a man (opposed to being a Bullfrog) Smile  Who is he?  Where is he?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=34&rank=1&new=1&so=3&MSAV=0&msT=1&gss=ms_f-34&gsfn=Ray+E&gsln=cook&msbdy=1945&msbpn__ftp=waterloo%2C+iowa&msddy=2007&msdpn__ftp=waterloo%2C+iowa&uidh=000

Web: Obituary Daily Times Index, 1995-2011

Name:  Ray E Cook
Birth:  abt 1945
Death:  Abt 2007 - Waterloo, IA
Other:  9 Oct 2007 - United States

Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries

Publication Date: 9 October 2007

Note: I do not have anything conclusive, until we find an Obituary, to match the Kin.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »

Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2007

WATERLOO - Ray E. Cook, 62, of Waterloo, died at home Sunday, Oct. 7; no services, his body was cremated; memorials to the family; Locke Funeral Home, 233-6138, is handling arrangements

http://wcfcourier.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/death_notices/article_8775f00a-d492-5a28-9b24-42728f72ed2c.html

I believe, I saw a (non-criminal) docket (REC & Misty). Where?   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »

Updated photots of the girls taken recently at the link

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Dad-of-missing-Iowa-girl-faces-trial-amid-search-3734795.php

Dad of missing Iowa girl faces trial amid search
Wednesday, July 25, 2012

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — The father of one of the two missing Iowa cousins could learn Friday whether he must stand trial next week on domestic abuse or drug charges, raising the possibility that he could be sent to prison even as the search continues.

Dan Morrissey, 36, was scheduled to appear Friday in Black Hawk County court in Waterloo for a pretrial conference covering four separate cases, including one in which he is charged with assaulting his estranged wife, Misty Morrissey, the mother of missing 10-year-old Lyric Cook. Three other cases charge him with possessing, dealing and making methamphetamines and a range of other drug charges that could lock up him up for decades if he's convicted.

Lyric and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have been missing since July 13, when they went for a bike ride in Collins' neighborhood in Evansdale. Their bikes were found a mile away near a lake, and investigators say they have no idea what happened to them. The FBI on Wednesday made public new photographs of the smiling girls taken in recent months as the search continues.

The girls' aunt, Tammy Brousseau, said Morrissey backed out of a plea agreement in the cases earlier this month because he did not want to be jailed immediately, which it required. She said she believed he would ultimately accept a plea bargain rather than take his chances at trials to reduce the potential prison term he faces.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »

Map with map markers at the link

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/surveillance-video-may-be-last-known-sighting-of-missing-girls/article_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Surveillance video may be last known sighting of missing girls
1 hour ago  (July 25, 2012)

They were less than a block from the Collins’ house, where grandmother Wylma Cook was reportedly watching the girls while one of their mothers had an appointment.

“They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge,” said Joe Pahl, who alerted police about the video July 16. “I’ve watched it.”

Pahl is the manager of Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road, where a 24-hour camera captured the footage from its position behind the building. The time and date stamp — 12:11 p.m. July 13 — fits the police timeline of the case.

However, Pahl said the camera’s clock is eight minutes slower than his U.S. Cellular phone.

About 4 p.m. the youngsters’ bikes and Collins’ purse were found on the south side of Meyers Lake. Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo, a bicyclist who said he often rides the Evansdale Nature Trail, has previously told The Courier he saw the two kids’ bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

“It’s pretty hard for girls to get a mile and a half away ... in eight minutes,” Pahl said. “I don’t even think I could ride a bike a mile in eight minutes.”

Pahl said FBI officials arrived within 20 minutes of learning about the video and “sat up here all Monday until about noon on Tuesday watching everything we had.”

“I think they marked every single car that went by,” he said. “I know they downloaded a ton of stuff off of this.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.