April 26, 2024, 11:46:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10 missing 7/13/12 Evansdale, IA  (Read 252956 times)
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »

Hi Monkeys
If the time stamp was 12:11 and 8 min fast from the owners cell
( Pahl is the manager of Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road)
That would make it 12:03 and I thought the witness said he looked at his cell phone at 12:27
Would make 25 min for them to ride approx 1.5 miles ...

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys
If the time stamp was 12:11 and 8 min fast from the owners cell
( Pahl is the manager of Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road)
That would make it 12:03 and I thought the witness said he looked at his cell phone at 12:27
Would make 25 min for them to ride approx 1.5 miles ...

It is possible I looked at a map and the trail they were on was right off the street the camera caught them on. It's a straight shot to the lake. The map says to walk there is 30 min
IMO it is very possible a customer of the auction place , grocery store, dairy queen , are all off that trail could have been watching the girls .. Maybe they watched them before ? They could have rode to the lake and not ever told their grandmother, kids do that.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2012, 12:46:54 PM »

Published July 26, 2012
Associated Press

IOWA CITY, Iowa –  Authorities have served a subpoena asking an Iowa-based NBC affiliate to turn over footage of its interviews with one of the mothers and grandmother of two missing cousins, saying they may contain clues about the girls' abduction.

Waterloo-based KWWL-TV announced Wednesday night that it received the subpoena seeking "raw video" of interviews conducted last week with Misty Morrissey and Wylma Cook, and made the document public on its website. The station's news director didn't immediately return a message Thursday seeking comment on whether it would comply.

::snipping2::
The subpoena application, filed Monday by Black Hawk County Attorney Thomas Ferguson, says the footage is needed so his office can conduct a "complete investigation" into the disappearance of 10-year-old Lyric Cook and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins.

During the interview, Morrissey told KWWL-TV reporter John Wilmer that she and her estranged husband sought legal advice after they were accused during lengthy interrogations of having involvement in the girls' disappearance. With her mother, Wylma Cook, standing next to her, she called it a "pretty intense coercion" and said the scrutiny was probably the result of her criminal record.

"They don't have anything else. We've been to a briefing last night. There's no other information, no new leads, no evidence, there's nothing," she said. "After seven days, I realize it's probably very frustrating for them that they probably haven't been able to come up with something. It's frustrating for us as well."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/26/subpoena-seeks-tv-interviews-in-iowa-missing-cousins-case/#ixzz21kOnzYTg

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/26/subpoena-seeks-tv-interviews-in-iowa-missing-cousins-case/#ixzz21kOXWNNc
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/26/subpoena-seeks-tv-interviews-in-iowa-missing-cousins-case/#ixzz21kON1AfH
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2012, 02:13:27 PM »

Interesting.  I always like it when guilty people talk on cameras. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »

Interesting.  I always like it when guilty people talk on cameras.  
This reporter posted the link from the video LE subpeonad
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKWWL7
@AdamKWWL7:interview with Lyric's mom http://t.co/DQuG45DC   #EvansdaleSearch” ( this is the interview sought after by LE on 7/20)
And this tweeter posted a pic where she's wearing same outfit at a bar same night
http://twitter.com/Garymc1841
@Garymc184: @cmkilgo  from 7/20 posted by Haley Bertch (NIECE) on FB http://t.co/BYJefxZH

Apparently Adam same reporter above said her current boyfriend is Jeremy Mask arrested that day and broke out of jail the day before girls missing as Blinks site addresses

Also  STOLTENBERG,JUSTIN was accomplice in the drug hearing with Lyrics dad (Edit to correct error per StarMonkey.  MB)
He lives 9 min from abduction

(hope I posted links right I'm on a new phone and my computer died )
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:00:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »

Sorry I meant STOLTENBERG,JUSTIN was accomplice in the drug hearing with Lyrics dad (Fixed it, I think.  MB)
The first hearing reset was the day before they went missing I do wonder where he is and why he didn't show for the hearing?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:01:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/56503354?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

Witnesses sought in missing cousins case
1:00 PM, July 26, 2012

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said today officials are still hoping to hear from people who were at Meyers Lake the day two northeastern Iowa cousins went missing.

Meanwhile, Cook-Morrissey's father, Dan Morrissey, 36, is scheduled to appear in court Friday for a pre-trial hearing. He faces four different cases involving drug and domestic abuse charges.

On Wednesday, a warrant was issued for another man arrested with Morrissey on drug charges in December 2011. Jason Stolfus, 37, of Waterloo, is wanted for contempt of court, according to the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Department website.

Breault would not comment on whether Stolfus has been looked into in relation to the girls' disappearance.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »

Updated photos of the little girls

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/station-to-submit-video-1485076.html

Thursday, July 26, 2012
Station to submit video in Iowa missing girls case

IOWA CITY, Iowa — The news director of an Iowa-based NBC affiliate said Thursday that the station would turn over footage of its interview with the mother of one of two missing cousins after authorities served a subpoena that claimed it could help their investigation.

Waterloo-based KWWL-TV announced Wednesday night that it received the subpoena seeking "raw video" of interviews conducted last week with Misty Morrissey and Wylma Cook and made the document public on its website.

Ferguson said investigators sought the footage at a time when Misty Morrissey had stopped cooperating with them. On Monday, she resumed talking to investigators and took a second polygraph test.

"Law enforcement wants to be aware of what it is they are commenting or talking about, especially in situations where they had publicly indicated they were not going to be cooperative," he said.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »

Uncle of missing girls hospitalized-apparent drug overdose

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 12:49 AM EDT

Written by Ron Steele, Anchor - bio | email

WATERLOO (KWWL) -

Jeremy Cook, an uncle of missing girls, Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, was hospitalized late Thursday, due to an apparent drug overdose in Waterloo.

Waterloo Police, the Tri-County Drug Task Force and Waterloo Fire & Rescue were called to 1415 Vine Street in Waterloo, where they found two people allegedly overdosed.

Several sources told KWWL one of the alleged overdose victims was Jeremy Cook, uncle of the missing girls. Jeremy Cook is the brother of Lyric's mom, Misty Cook-Morrissey, and Elizabeth's mom, Heather Collins.

The other alleged overdose victim was said to be a former girlfriend of Jeremy Cook named Kari. KWWL has not been able to confirm her name.
more at link

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19127066/uncle-of-missing-girls-hospitalized-apparent-drug-overdose

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »

This article has an interview with Elizabeth's parents but no date.....I think it's new.

UPDATE: Heather and Drew Collins say they have faith God will bring the girls home safe

1 hour ago  •  By MATTHEW WILDE

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Thinking about the last time Drew and Heather Collins saw their daughter gives them comfort in a time of uncertainty and sorrow.

The Evansdale couple doesn’t know who or why someone took their 8-year-old daughter Elizabeth and her 10-year-old cousin Lyric Cook-Morrissey of Waterloo on July 13. What they do know is their lives are forever changed, and they will never give up hope the girls will be found.

It’s been two weeks since Elizabeth and Lyric didn’t return from a bike ride.

The days since have been long and stressful, Drew and Heather said Thursday during an interview with The Courier. Remembering the last time they hugged or gave their daughter a good night kiss keeps them going.

Shortly after Drew, who owns Planetary Tree Service in Evansdale, left for work at 6:15 a.m. on July 13, Heather said Elizabeth hopped into the couple’s bed.

Karma:I believe Dan M. worked at Planetary Tree Service.Just thought that was interesting.

“She slid right up, and her and I laid together and hugged and snuggled,” Heather said. “So, I hold on to that.”

The mother and daughter bonded. Heather said Elizabeth chatted about going to a friend’s birthday party.

“She was excited for the day,” she said.

That wasn’t the only reason why Elizabeth, often sporting a wide smile, was giddy. Her 9th birthday is next Tuesday, and Heather said she chatted up a storm about party plans already made. Plus, Elizabeth mentioned a friend’s pool party she wanted to attend on July 14.

The two discussed going to the Evansdale Youth Softball Association Award Ceremony, which was held earlier this week. Elizabeth looked forward to getting a medal. Her team was recognized, along with others during the event.

“I’m glad we had that morning,” Heather said.

Drew last saw his daughter the night before she disappeared, tucking her into bed as many dads do.

It was the usual routine: a prayer and then a kiss good night.

“I always prayed for protection over her and always prayed for my daughters to have good dreams, Drew recalled.

“Then I said good night, I love you,” he continued. “That’s the last time I talked to her.”

More at link:
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/update-heather-and-drew-collins-say-they-have-faith-god/article_22c6bcca-d752-11e1-8622-0019bb2963f4.html

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »

Uncle of missing girls hospitalized-apparent drug overdose

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 12:49 AM EDT

Written by Ron Steele, Anchor - bio | email

WATERLOO (KWWL) -

Jeremy Cook, an uncle of missing girls, Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, was hospitalized late Thursday, due to an apparent drug overdose in Waterloo.

Waterloo Police, the Tri-County Drug Task Force and Waterloo Fire & Rescue were called to 1415 Vine Street in Waterloo, where they found two people allegedly overdosed.

Several sources told KWWL one of the alleged overdose victims was Jeremy Cook, uncle of the missing girls. Jeremy Cook is the brother of Lyric's mom, Misty Cook-Morrissey, and Elizabeth's mom, Heather Collins.

The other alleged overdose victim was said to be a former girlfriend of Jeremy Cook named Kari. KWWL has not been able to confirm her name.
more at link

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19127066/uncle-of-missing-girls-hospitalized-apparent-drug-overdose

Hi Monkey's,

Thank-you Karma for the article. 

I was wondering about Jeremia Cook!!

I guess he is Jeremy Cook?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Judge-delays-trial-for-father-of-missing-Iowa-girl-3740802.php

Judge delays trial for father of missing Iowa girl
Updated 01:36 p.m., Friday, July 27, 2012

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — A judge on Friday delayed trials in four drug and domestic abuse cases pending against the father of one of two missing Iowa cousins, saying the two-week search for the girls had made it difficult for him to focus on preparing a defense.

Daniel Morrissey could have been ordered to stand trial as early as Tuesday in the cases, which charge him with assaulting his estranged wife and possessing, making and delivering methamphetamine and carry the possibility of decades in prison. But Judge Andrea Dryer agreed to Morrissey's request for a delay, tentatively scheduling the cases for trial Aug. 28.

"I can understand why recent events may have had your mind and attention on matters other than preparing for trial with your attorney," Dryer told Morrissey during a brief hearing at the Black Hawk County Courthouse in Waterloo. But she warned him he faces "very serious charges" and needs to be ready for trial in a month.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12134.shtml

Friday, July 27 2012, 11:31 AM CDT
(no title provided)

WATERLOO, Iowa (KGAN/KFXA) -- The uncle of the Evansdale girls missing since July 13th suffered an apparent drug overdose Thursday.

Family members say Jeramia Cook, 32, has had trouble sleeping and eating since 10-year-old Lyric Cook, and her cousin, 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins, went missing while riding their bikes on July 13th.

Lyric’s Grandmother, Wylma Cook, says Jeramia has been depressed since the girls went missing. Wylma says Jeramia is now in stable condition Allen Hospital in Waterloo after he and his girlfriend, Carolyn Pieper, 36, overdosed on medication at 1415 Vine Street in Waterloo.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »

Sorry I meant STOLTENBERG,JUSTIN was accomplice in the drug hearing with Lyrics dad (Fixed it, I think.  MB)
The first hearing reset was the day before they went missing I do wonder where he is and why he didn't show for the hearing?
Thanks so much Muffy !
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »

(no title provided)

WATERLOO, Iowa (KGAN/KFXA) -- The uncle of the Evansdale girls missing since July 13th suffered an apparent drug overdose Thursday.

Family members say Jeramia Cook, 32, has had trouble sleeping and eating since 10-year-old Lyric Cook, and her cousin, 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins, went missing while riding their bikes on July 13th.

Lyric’s Grandmother, Wylma Cook, says Jeramia has been depressed since the girls went missing. Wylma says Jeramia is now in stable condition Allen Hospital in Waterloo after he and his girlfriend, Carolyn Pieper, 36, overdosed on medication at 1415 Vine Street in Waterloo.

He overdosed because he was depressed? Is that the same reason that the girlfriend overdosed  too? 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

(no title provided)

He overdosed because he was depressed? Is that the same reason that the girlfriend overdosed  too? 

Good question, Cookie! ::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »

(no title provided)

I didn't know that depression was contagious.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/cupcakes-of-hope-event-planned/article_ad512b65-fac2-553e-87b5-31fcda9bf7a1.html

Cupcakes of Hope event planned

39 minutes ago, 7/29/12
(0) Comments

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Students and parents are invited to a Cupcakes of Hope event as a thank you to those who are helping in bringing Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey home.

Students will help decorate cupcakes and thank-you cards, which will be delivered throughout the Cedar Valley. This event will be held on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Prince of Peace Church in Evansdale.

Supplies for cards and cupcakes are still needed to make this a successful event. If you would like to donate any of the following items: frosting, piping bags and frosting tips, sprinkles, art supplies to make cards, or tins to pack cupcakes, contact Poyner's principal, Trista Manternach. Adults are needed to deliver cupcakes as well.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »

(no title provided)

I didn't know that depression was contagious.   

Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-girl-s-9th-birthday-is-Tuesday/-/9357080/15835196/-/iu3in9z/-/index.html

Missing girl's 9th birthday is Tuesday
July 30, 2012

EVANSDALE, Iowa -
One of the two girls at the heart of an abduction case in eastern Iowa turns 9 years old on Tuesday.

Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, were last seen about 12:15 p.m. on July 13 in downtown Evansdale. Their bikes and a purse were found along a trail on the southeast corner of Meyers Lake about 3:58 p.m.

Tuesday is Collin's 9th birthday.

Authorities said the two were abducted and the case continues to seek help from the public to bring them home.

A community Cupcakes of Hope event is being held Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Prince of Peace Church at 4031 Lafayette Rd. in Evansdale.  Poyner Elementary organized the event to say thank you to all the people that have donated supplies and time to the search.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-girl-s-9th-birthday-is-Tuesday/-/9357080/15835196/-/iu3in9z/-/index.html#ixzz229QSYA3x
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.