April 27, 2024, 03:22:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10 missing 7/13/12 Evansdale, IA  (Read 252995 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »

Although we all always hope for a good outcome - I never saw any reason to believe these poor children were alive - especially with the family's background.

Sad, nonetheless.

an angelic monkey

Hopefully, they will find who committed these terrible crimes.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »

May the family find some closure.  How very sad.

an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2012, 09:38:29 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/05/hunters-reportedly-find-bodies-missing-iowa-cousins-police-say/

Hunters reportedly find bodies of missing Iowa cousins, police say

Appearing to fight back tears as he broke the news in Evansdale, near where the girls disappeared in July, Abben said: "It's definitely not the outcome that we wanted, obviously."

There is always that small, small hope that they will return home alive.  I am thankful that they have been found so that those who loved them, including the members of LE and the community, can now find some closure.  May there be enough evidence to lead to their killer(s).

an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey
     Lyric                     Elizabeth

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/05/hunters-reportedly-find-bodies-missing-iowa-cousins-police-say/

Hunters reportedly find bodies of missing Iowa cousins, police say

Appearing to fight back tears as he broke the news in Evansdale, near where the girls disappeared in July, Abben said: "It's definitely not the outcome that we wanted, obviously."

There is always that small, small hope that they will return home alive.  I am thankful that they have been found so that those who loved them, including the members of LE and the community, can now find some closure.  May there be enough evidence to lead to their killer(s).

an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey
     Lyric                     Elizabeth

So sad...   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

This combo made from undated photos provided by the FBI shows cousins Lyric Cook, 10, right, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, who have been missing since Friday, July 13, 2012. Authorities say hunters have found bodies believed to be two young Iowa cousins who disappeared while riding their bikes in July. (AP/FBI)

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/05/hunters-reportedly-find-bodies-missing-iowa-cousins-police-say/#ixzz2EEkWLtE6

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »

I was hoping that they were being held by someone and would be found.  Also, it appeared that LE and federal investigators believed in that theory. They disappeared the day after DM was to plead to drug charges.  Now their bodies might have been found, and DM drug trial is schedule for December 11. 

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/daniel-morrissey-drug-trial-delayed-again/article_17c711fe-2a9e-11e2-b6ca-001a4bcf887a.html
Daniel Morrissey drug trial delayed again
November 09, 2012 12:49 pm 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2012, 11:38:29 PM »

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/missing-cousins-update-dozens-gather-for-vigil-in-evansdale/article_0fbb9a30-3f4c-11e2-97bf-0019bb2963f4.html

Missing cousins update: Dozens gather for vigil in Evansdale
1 hour ago 

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- Hours after authorities announced a devastating find potentially linked to the missing cousins case, community members gathered in somber remembrance.

About 80 friends, neighbors and strangers huddle on the banks of Meyers Lake earlier tonight --- a place synonymous with the girls’ disappearance since they vanished while riding bikes in town. The girls' bicycles were found at the lake July 13, the day they went missing.

Many at Wednesday's vigil gazed silently across the dark body of water. Several women tried to light candles inside plastic cups and protected the flame from chilling winds by covering the opening with cold hands.

“We shouldn't be here. These were just innocent children,” said Barb Collins of Waterloo. “These girls should have been left alone to start with. They should be home safe in their beds.”
 ::snipping2::
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1000988/391/Hunters-find-bodies-believed-to-be-Iowa-cousins

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »

Another tragic example of how much our world has changed.  When I was their age, my brother and I would ride our bikes, go to the woods and make forts, all kinds of things.  Not so anymore.  Prayers for these families.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

How very, very sad and a crying shame. What have we come to when kids cannot just ride their bikes? I remember a world where my friend and I would ride our bikes 8-10 miles and we were younger than Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook. It really makes me wonder just what happened to our society? I don't believe that they existed before and that we just did not hear about it. Although we did not have a 24-7 media, eventually you would read, see or hear about the news. It is almost as if these predators have become more brazen and care less about their actions.  Something really needs to be done to protect children.

Although they have not yet been positively ID'd, it is obvious it was them discovered by hunters.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/12/06/hunters-discover-two-bodies-in-wooded-area-believed-to-be-missing-lyric-cook-her-cousin-elizabeth-collins-in-evansdale-iowa/

God bless these two little girls.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »

Another tragic example of how much our world has changed.  When I was their age, my brother and I would ride our bikes, go to the woods and make forts, all kinds of things.  Not so anymore.  Prayers for these families.

Rest in Peace Elizabeth & Lyric an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2012, 10:44:22 AM »

Although we all always hope for a good outcome - I never saw any reason to believe these poor children were alive - especially with the family's background.

Sad, nonetheless.

an angelic monkey

Hopefully, they will find who committed these terrible crimes.

off topic/Hey Rob, Happy Holidays, miss ya

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-Girls-Mom-confirms-on-Facebook-girls-deaths/-/9357080/17668070/-/naxgep/-/index.html

Missing Girls: Mom confirms on Facebook girls deaths
 UPDATED 10:12 AM CST Dec 06, 2012

EVANSDALE, Iowa —
Heather Collins posted on Facebook Wednesday news about her daughter's death, hours after a news conference that two bodies had been found near Evansdale by hunters.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier newspaper reports that Collins wrote, “We have been so blessed by...all the prayers and support tonight with the gut wrenching news that my beautiful daughter and niece’s bodies were found by hunters today."

Collins also wrote, the girls "are up in heaven with our Savior," and the "nightmare of where they are and what is happening to them has been answered."

Collins is the mother of Elizabeth Collins, 9 and aunt of Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 11.

Authorities are expected to hold a 4 p.m. news conference to release any new information.  It's not known if they will be able to release the identity of the bodies found on Wednesday at Thursday's news conference.

Bodies Found 25 miles from Evansdale.

Bremer County Sheriff Dewey Hildebrandt said Thursday the bodies were found in Seven Bridges Wildlife Area, a county-maintained park along the Wapsipinicon River that is popular for hunting and fishing.
Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2012, 11:50:48 AM »

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20277088/2012/12/06/press-conference-on-missing-girls-today-at-400-pm

Press conference on missing girls today at 4:00 p.m.
Posted: Dec 06, 2012 8:37 AM CST

While authorities await autopsies from the State Medical Examiner's Office for positive identification, Heather Collins, Elizabeth's mother, said on Facebook Wednesday night that the bodies are those of Lyric and Elizabeth.

KWWL will carry today's press conference live on air and at KWWL.com.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »

http://www.kwqc.com/story/20271640/hunters-find-two-bodies-missing-evansdale-girls
Mother says two bodies found are those of missing Iowa cousins
Updated: Dec 06, 2012 11:06 AM EST
By Marcia Lense -
Heather Collins posted the following statement on her Facebook page: 

"We have been so blessed by the [outpouring] of all the (prayers) and support tonight with the gut wrenching news that my beautiful daughter and niece's bodies were found by hunters today. This was [not] the outcome we wanted but we know that they are up in heaven with our Savior and [our] nightmare of where they are and what is happening to them has been answered.

Lord, we know that you have them in your loving arms and we are so blessed [f]or that."
Investigators have not yet confirmed the identity of the bodies.  They also will not yet say exactly where the bodies were discovered.  However, several sources tell KWWL-TV the bodies were found in a wooded area of the 7 Bridges Park in rural Bremer County. The park is 22-miles north of Evansdale, where the girls went missing last July.

We may learn new details at a press conference scheduled for Thursday at 4 PM.  KWQC-TV is following the latest developments.

7 Bridges Park
http://goo.gl/maps/zC5NM

an angelic monkey

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »

http://altoonaherald.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121206/NEWS/121206012/Search-missing-Iowa-girls-clues-narrows-Seven-Bridges

Search for missing Iowa girls clues narrows at Seven Bridges
12:00 PM, Dec. 6, 2012

READLYN, Ia. -- Law enforcement officers appear to have begun to search ditches along a road about a half-mile west of the entrance to Seven Bridges Wildlife Area, apparently where two hunters on Wednesday found two bodies.

A steady drizzle has begun falling in the area as authorities search the roadside. Law enforcement officers are also placing small yellow flags in spots in the ditch, which runs along 270th Street near the park’s entrance.

Seven Bridges Wildlife area is about 25 miles north of Evansdale, the Black Hawk County community where Lyric Cook-Morrissey, then 10, and Elizabeth Collins, then 8, were last seen on July 13. The Bremer County park has canoe access to the Wapsipinicon River.

Authorities remain tight-lipped about whether the two bodies found around 12:45 p.m. Wednesday by hunters are that of the missing Iowa cousins.

This morning an Iowa State Medical Examiners SUV entered the heavily wooded 125-acre park. Local, state and federal police have been driving in and out of the park all morning.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »

Video at link

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Sheriff-2-Bodies-Found-in-Bremer-Co-Wildlife-Area-182379951.html

Sheriff: 2 Bodies Found in Bremer Co., Mother of Missing Girl Reacts to News on Facebook
Story Created: Dec 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM CST
(Story Updated: Dec 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM CST )

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-Girls-Positive-identification-still-not-complete/-/9357080/17668070/-/bfc6q8z/-/index.html

Missing Girls: Positive identification still not complete

UPDATED 4:22 PM CST Dec 06, 2012

EVANSDALE, Iowa —

Authorities said a positive identification of two bodies found Wednesday has not yet been completed, but they believe based on evidence at the scene and the preliminary investigation that the bodies are Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2012, 05:44:08 PM »

Autopsy with positive identifications has not come in yet; when it does, they will notify the families.  Two bodies...smaller in stature.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/BREAKING-NEWS-Bodies-Identified-As-Missing-Cousins-182385121.html

BREAKING NEWS: Authorities Confident Bodies Belong to Missing Girls
Story Created: Dec 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM CST
(Story Updated: Dec 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM CST )

EVANSDALE, Iowa — Officials Thursday are confident that the two bodies found in a Bremer County wildlife area are those of two girls who disappeared from Evansdale in July.

At an afternoon news conference Thursday, Bremer County Sheriff Dewey Hildebrandt announced that the bodies of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook were found by hunters on Wednesday afternoon in Seven Bridges Wildlife Area, a park along the Wapsipinicon River (that is) popular for hunting and fishing, about 25 miles from Evansdale, where the girls were being watched by their grandmother when they disappeared on July 13.

Video at link
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/WATCH-Authorities-Confident-Remains-Belong-to-Missing-Girls-182439001.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »

I'll move to Missing Found deceased
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.