April 27, 2024, 02:15:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10 missing 7/13/12 Evansdale, IA  (Read 252983 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »

.........and handle 2 at the same time......... Perhaps more than 1 Perp?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »

http://easterniowanewsnow.com/2012/07/17/police-weigh-secrecy-public-help-in-missing-person-cases/#.UAbdGWAgI7Q.twitter

Police weigh secrecy, public help in missing person cases
Posted July 17, 2012 5:32 pm by Erin Jordan/SourceMedia Group News

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:32 PM »

.........and handle 2 at the same time......... Perhaps more than 1 Perp?

Maybe.

Rumor is DM was sleeping on afternoon of Friday 13. His sixteen year old son, was also sleeping, supposedly. IMO

Do you know what the Sixteen year old son, looks like?  I don't.  Curious. TIA 

Why were they sleeping on a summers day?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/07/15/missing-iowa-girls-lyric-morrissey-and-elizabeth-collins-dad-daniel-morrissey-has-long-history-with-burglary-drugs-battery-possible-mental-illness/

I found what sonny-boy looks like...do not know the statue, as if he is tall or short.

He is a minor, I am not posting his FB page, instead B.'s link, click Dillin

(under Elizabeth and Lyric's, photo's)

I am sorry if this has already been discussed.  I am just curious about the mystery of Dad and son, snoozing on a summers afternoon. If true....

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »

I can tell you that we've had several days in my hometown where the temps reached triple digits.  Even the best a/c unit can't completely combat the effects of the heat.  It drains the energy out of you and sleep just takes over.  My kids and I have spent many afternoons napping.  Also consider that the nights are still in the high 80s/low 90s and sleep is not comfortable.  Those daytime naps make up for the nighttime awakenings. 

Not sure about the temps in IA on that day.  Just suggesting a possibility.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/trash-separated-in-search-1480258.html
Trash separated in search for missing Iowa cousins
July 18, 2012

DES MOINES, Iowa — A spokeswoman for a company that collects trash in a northeast Iowa city where two young cousins disappeared says trash from the city is being separated from other collections so investigators can check it.
Debbie Acklin of Black Hawk County Waste Disposal says authorities asked the company Monday to start dumping trash from Evansdale homes and businesses in a separate area of the county landfill.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »

I can tell you that we've had several days in my hometown where the temps reached triple digits.  Even the best a/c unit can't completely combat the effects of the heat.  It drains the energy out of you and sleep just takes over.  My kids and I have spent many afternoons napping.  Also consider that the nights are still in the high 80s/low 90s and sleep is not comfortable.  Those daytime naps make up for the nighttime awakenings. 

Not sure about the temps in IA on that day.  Just suggesting a possibility.

True. 

Women, men and children need to be recharged.  Smile 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »

July 18, 2012

DES MOINES, Iowa — A spokeswoman for a company that collects trash in a northeast Iowa city where two young cousins disappeared says trash from the city is being separated from other collections so investigators can check it.
Debbie Acklin of Black Hawk County Waste Disposal says authorities asked the company Monday to start dumping trash from Evansdale homes and businesses in a separate area of the county landfill.

Thanks, Muffy Bee,

What do you think LE is looking for? 

Does LE need a search warrant for the garbage/trash collection?  TIA 

Just curious why he decided after five days, to have the trash separated?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »

July 18, 2012

Thanks, Muffy Bee,

Does LE need a search warrant for the garbage/trash collection?  TIA  

They went missing Friday the 13th and they asked on Monday the 16th to separate the trash.  Probable that trash had not been picked up yet in the vicinity so should be OK timewise.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Missing-Girls-Father-Feels-Hes-Being-Treated-Like-Suspect-162891386.html

Story Created: Jul 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM CDT
(Story Updated: Jul 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM CDT )

KCCI.com

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »

July 18, 2012

Thanks, Muffy Bee,

Does LE need a search warrant for the garbage/trash collection?  TIA  

They went missing Friday the 13th and they asked on Monday the 16th to separate the trash.  Probable that trash had not been picked up yet in the vicinity so should be OK timewise.

Thank-you.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Missing-Girls-Father-Feels-Hes-Being-Treated-Like-Suspect-162891386.html

Story Created: Jul 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM CDT
(Story Updated: Jul 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM CDT )

KCCI.com

I do not know if Dan Morrissey is an actual suspect at this point,  but this quote strikes me as "disassociated" in relation to this case.

"It's not normal to us; it's awkward. But we know it's part of the investigation and very necessary and they want to rule out everything, if it’s someone we've encountered over the years, so I understand that," Misty Cook-Morrissey said.

End  ::snipping2::

They both  have criminal records, and in particular, Mr. Morrissey's is extensive- and he would and should be more than use to police interviews. 

It bothers me tremendously that Misty said  "if it's someone we encountered over the years".

Parents availing a theory publicly with the accompanying demeanor gives me pause.

B
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:13 PM »

Please forgive me for speculating...Dad looks as if he has hit the meth pipe a few times.  His face has that skeletal look, pasty/grey skin and hollow eyes.  Probably just me but this mom and dad don't seem attached to their child and I am basing just on hearing her on tv and reading his comments.  As a matter of fact, I couldn't tell this mom apart from Carnel's egg donor.  Both sounded happy to be on tv and like it was an audition for them!  Sad.  All MOO.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120718/NEWS/120718031/Search-for-missing-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage&sf5151918=1

Search for missing girls causes tensions to rise

8:07 PM, Jul 18, 2012

EVANSDALE, IA — Tensions appear to be mounting between law enforcement officials and the family members of two missing girls who disappeared after going for a bike ride on Friday.

The father of one of the girls stormed out of a long interview with authorities on Tuesday after law enforcement officials accused him of killing Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, the girls’ grandmother said.

In addition, Wylma Cook said the family is growing frustrated with the attention officials are focusing on Meyers Lake, which is next to a recreational trail on which the girls’ bikes were found. Family members believe the girls were abducted while authorities say the case is one involving missing persons.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »

Looked at news story again and mom is cracking half smiles, dad is completely disconnected and Gma, well she's doesn't even have a tear, crack in her voice and telling about them missing as if it is some story she read years ago with no feelings at all to me!  I don't get these families these days!  LE would have to chase me down the streets to keep me from hollering out my childs name and knocking on every door and window within 20 miles of me!  Don't think I would be able to hold myself together long enough to talk to reporters either!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »

These Girls are missing in relation to the activities and lifestyles of at least Dan and Misty Morrissey.

Misty June Marie Cook Morrissey and Daniel Eugene Morrissey are former meth chefs.

Both have compelling rap sheets that indicate they are or have been criminal informants.  At a minimum, former co-defendants were or are due to be sentenced for similar activity the week before, and the week after the girls "vanished".

Dan M is the new Jessie Pinkman
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Family-Feels-Police-Scrutinizing-Them-163011886.html

Family Feels Police Scrutinizing Them
Story Created: Jul 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM CDT
Story Updated: Jul 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM CDT

EVANSDALE, Iowa --- The family of two girls missing from Evansdale hope investigators can continue to focus on finding the cousins and not worry too much about some family members' past.

"There is history in our family, but it is not one we are scared of. It is one we have dealt with in the past and we've come past it as a family," Misty Morrissey said Wednesday.

Misty's daughter Lyric Cook-Morrissey and niece Elizabeth Collins, 8, have been missing since July 13.

Misty said the family's past has nothing to do "with the disappearance of our children."

"Look into it all you want. Scrutinize it all you want and then let's get back to what the real focus is which is our girls. Because ultimately no matter how far you look into us we are completely open. It's not going to lead anywhere," she said.

The day before Daniel Morrissey's daughter disappeared, the court set a September date for him in connection with drug charges that allege police found items used to make meth in his home in December.

Morrissey also has a pending domestic assault charge stemming from an August incident where he allegedly assaulted Misty Morrissey.

One of his alleged accomplices in the drug case had a pretrial conference the day of the disappearance, and another co-defendant was scheduled to plea the following Monday.

Misty Cook pleaded guilty to conspiracy to manufacture and distribute meth in 2003. She is charged under her maiden of Cook.

Cook said officials also took a computer from her home and searched her attic Wednesday. Abben would not confirm the search or seizure, but said no search warrants had been issued.

Tammy Brousseau, the missing girls' aunt, said she thinks if someone wanted retaliation they would have targeted Dan.

"The children weren't exposed to those people. They were pretty much, for the most part, kept away from there and Misty would kick Dan out when she suspected (drug) usage," Brousseau said.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »

Please forgive me for speculating...Dad looks as if he has hit the meth pipe a few times.  His face has that skeletal look, pasty/grey skin and hollow eyes.  Probably just me but this mom and dad don't seem attached to their child and I am basing just on hearing her on tv and reading his comments.  As a matter of fact, I couldn't tell this mom apart from Carnel's egg donor.  Both sounded happy to be on tv and like it was an audition for them!  Sad.  All MOO.

I hate to think that, but I do feel the same way, something is off..I hope I'm wrong

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »

Thank you Blink for telling us about their past history with meth and cooking it.  It certainly could explain why both parents are so cold and detached!  I suspect they are still using and that is why they seem so inappropriate  and aloof.  We just witnessed two beautiful women who lost their lives due to a man using meth and unable to control himself on it.  If these parents are so innocent then they should understand the scrutiny of their past by LE and roll with it rather than minimize it as if it couldn't be a factor in the children's disappearance.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »

Thank you Blink for telling us about their past history with meth and cooking it.  It certainly could explain why both parents are so cold and detached!  I suspect they are still using and that is why they seem so inappropriate  and aloof.  We just witnessed two beautiful women who lost their lives due to a man using meth and unable to control himself on it.  If these parents are so innocent then they should understand the scrutiny of their past by LE and roll with it rather than minimize it as if it couldn't be a factor in the children's disappearance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.