March 28, 2024, 04:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Obama Insults Small Business Owners"  (Read 2085 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 16, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »

President Obama insulted small business owners during a campaign stop in Roanoke, Va. on Saturday.

“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that,” Obama told the crowd. “Somebody else made that happen.”

President Obama said successful Americans did not become successful on their own — they had help.

“If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own,” he said. “You didn’t get there on your own.”

“The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together,” he said. “There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own.  I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service.  That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.”

read more here - http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/obama-insults-small-business-owners.html

Why doesn't Obama initiate an executive order to cut off welfare?  "You're all small businesses.  You won't be alone.  You'll hire people, they'll help build your business.  You'll give them excellent benefits and pay.  You're the lucky ones .  No more welfare for you.  No more free housing, free Obamacare, Foodstamps..."  

If Obama's staff can tell the unemployed to use their benefits to start businesses, whey isn't Obama doing the same for the unemployed?

Millions, by one signature move from welfare to small business owners.  What an idea!!!

Cut the welfare rolls to near ZERO.

Don't want to start a business?  Why not expect every able bodied welfare recipient to give back 40 hours of labor a week.  Perhaps government could sell those 40 hours?  Street sweepers?  Folks to pick up garbage along the roads?  

If starting, growing and developing a business is so easy, why isn't every Obama recipient doing it?  Why isn't every welfare recipient starting a business?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »

I totally agree.
I was a small business owner at one time and I know the sweat and tears and hard work belonged to my staff and me.  Yes, we made it on our own.  No government subsidies headed my way.  He is beyond out of touch, he is touched in the head!

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »

He’s not touched in the head--he doesn’t understand America or Americans.

Distinct INDIVIDUALS formed this country.  Distinct INDIVIDUALS fought to make this country a NEW NATION—different, unique.  INDIVIDUALS contributed unique ideas and separate efforts.  There were small business owners before there was a government.  There were small business owners before there were roads, before there were bridges.

Government didn’t make small businesses; small businesses fed government.  There would be no government without contributions from the individual people who had the ideas, did the work, formed the small businesses which grew.

Our ideas and ideals are foreign to him; his ideas are foreign to US.
He doesn’t understand America, or Americans. 

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »

I know a couple of small business owners that are seriously considering closing up due to the costs of the healthcare law and the taxes they are now paying between federal, state, and local gov'ts.  Very discouraged.  I can't say I'd blame them.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

“Hope and Change” has turned to ENVY and THEFT.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.