April 18, 2024, 07:14:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Berry, missing since 4/21/2003 Cleveland, OH(Found Safe!)  (Read 98932 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 19, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »

http://www.woio.com/story/19062123/west-side-search-for-remains-of-missing-teen-amanda-berry

West side search for remains of missing teen Amanda Berry

Posted: Jul 19, 2012 4:43 AM PDT Updated: Jul 19, 2012 1:16 PM PDT

A possible break in the cold case missing child investigation of Amanda Berry.

West side search scene from 19 Action News Chopper West side search scene from 19 Action News Chopper

Robert Wolford Robert Wolford
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

Crews are searching an area at West 30th between Wade and Seymour. They are preparing to dig in a now empty lot - a home that once stood on the property was torn down years ago.

The FBI confirms they received a tip that led them to the area.

Reporter Ed Gallek has learned a man, Robert Wolford, who went to prison for murdering a homeless person wrote letters to law enforcement telling them he knows where Amanda's body is.
 ::snipping2::

Edit-fix typo in subject lines in reply through #2.  MB

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:47:36 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/amanda-berry/

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:41:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »

Thanks Klaas Lets hope the POS is telling the truth and they find Amanda and that the family can have closure.  an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:42:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »

thanks klaas

JMO
IIRC,that house came down in late 2005,and no one had lived in it for yrs
the aluminum siding and copper piping,had been stolen,it was a hang
for drug abuse,i was just in that hood in early june for a Bparty,about a block
away,when i lived in clev,i went by that house many,many times,the guy RW
who said he murdered Amanda,is the same age as her
not far from where Amanda worked,was a big drug bust,the guy an older man
had been dealing,running a drug house for about 20yr until he was busted in
2006. the house was 2blocks south of lorain and the BK,the old man had 2 more
drug houses too,not sure where,i know they were on the west side
RW is said to have a drug prob,and it was crack and thats what the old man
sold. if RW dealt with the old man,(the news cast says RW and Amanda knew
each other) so maybe they knew each other,from the BK. JMO

FBI dig
http://woio.images.worldnow.com/images/19062123_BG4.jpg

drive and pole
http://goo.gl/maps/F0z5

IIRC the garage had a door something like this
http://www.allaboutyou.com/cm/allaboutyou/images/DP/or_3284c69f12579657438856.jpg

aerial 2002,cant see it to good though,click the 2006 tag ,gone in 2006
http://www.historicaerials.com/aerials.php?scale=3.90149231984771E-06&lat=41.4730794788756&lon=-81.7015729827846&year=2002

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »

on a side note FWIW,my friend thinks i am remembering the wrong garage

Amanda Berry's family holds onto hope
 10:48 PM, Jul 20, 2012

::snipping2::
CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Police still don't know where Amanda Berry is, but they know where she isn't. After two days of looking into a prisoner's tip, they came up with nothing.

"Nothing of evidentiary value. Nothing found in the dirt at all," said a spokesperson.

Amanda Berry's family had a hard time finding the right words, but they said if anything, they feel relief.

No findings mean there's hope that Amanda, who disappeared in 2003 at age 16, is still alive out there.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/253106/23/Amanda-Berrys-family-holds-onto-hope

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 07:58:42 PM »

i could not find their thread, the article says a dif addy,but the newscaster says
this one
http://goo.gl/maps/fLfdE

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22175803/breaking-woman-claiming-to-missing-woman-amanda-berry-calls-cleveland-police
vid at link
BREAKING: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested
Posted: May 06, 2013 6:28 PM EDT Updated: May 06, 2013 7:43 PM EDT

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
A woman claiming to be Amanda Berry called Cleveland Police Monday afternoon.

She said she was kidnapped 10 years ago and said she is currently at a home at 2210 Seymour.

She also told the 911 dispatcher that Gina DeJesus is with her.  A third missing woman, 32-year old Michelle Knight, was in the home with Berry and DeJesus. It's believed Knight disappeared when she was 20.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:01 PM »

mods im sorry i was excited,and thought i was posting in found safe

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 08:06:22 PM »

Have not heard of these missing girls that I remember! WHat a miracle,,,

Thx for letting us know..Gonna do some research into their cases. Do we have threads on them?

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »

they gave the wrong addy,they showed it on news and i found it
its 2207 seymore cleveland ohio,i have a friend that lives in the
brick apts 3 houses down
http://goo.gl/maps/7Y5mr

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »

Cleveland police: Missing teens Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus found alive, appear to be OK
Posted: 05/06/2013
 By: Jen Steer, newsnet5.com

vid at link

Hundreds of people gathered in the streets near 2207 Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, where the women were discovered. Cleveland police said Berry, DeJesus and Michelle Knight are alive, talking and appear to be OK.

“I heard screaming… And I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” said Charles, a neighbor would found the women. “I go on the porch and she said ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.’ I figure it was domestic violence dispute."

“She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” He said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

A witness who spoke Spanish told NewsChannel5's Stephanie Ramirez that he helped break down the door. He said there was a child who was about 4 or 5 years old with Berry, as well as other children inside the house. He said he recognized Berry from posters.

Officers have a suspect in custody. There will be a media briefing Tuesday morning.
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Cleveland-police-dispatch-Missing-teens-Amanda-Berry-and-Gina-DeJesus-found-alive

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »

Just fantastic news!
Just goes to show that we should never give up on someone who is missing.
Praise God!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »

Just fantastic news!
Just goes to show that we should never give up on someone who is missing.
Praise God!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »

Just got word that she has been found!  She and several others had been held for 10 years.  I'll post more when I get more~ 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »

We did have an Amanda Berry thread.  This is amazing!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »

We did have an Amanda Berry thread.  This is amazing!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13356.0
Amanda Berry, missing since 4/21/2003 Cleveland, OH

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »

they havent given the mans name yet and i tried to look up the house and owner
but site is down,in the vid the man named charles that helped them get out,says
he sees the man everyday, and my nephews girlfriend is thrilled her cuz
Gina DeJesus is alive

cuyahoga county auditor

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »

Two women, missing for a decade, found alive in residential Cleveland home
13/05/06

CLEVELAND — Two women who went missing as teenagers about a decade ago were found alive Monday in a residential area just south of downtown, within a few miles of where they disappeared.

Cheering crowds gathered Monday night on the street near the home where police said Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found earlier in the day. The identity of the third woman hadn’t been confirmed.

Police didn’t immediately provide any details of how the women were found or what conditions they were in.

Berry disappeared at age 16 on April 21, 2003, when she called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from her job at a Burger King. DeJesus went missing at age 14 on her way home from school about a year later.

In January, a prison inmate was sentenced to 4 1/2 years after admitting he provided a false burial tip in the disappearance of Berry, who had last been seen the day before her 17th birthday. A judge in Cleveland sentenced Robert Wolford on his guilty plea to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

<snipped>

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/06/two-women-missing-for-a-decade-found-alive-in-residential-cleveland-home/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

Cleveland police: Missing teens Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus found alive, appear to be OK
Posted: 05/06/2013

CLEVELAND - Cleveland police said missing teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found in a west side house on Monday.

Hundreds of people gathered in the streets near 2207 Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, where the women were discovered. Cleveland police said Berry, DeJesus and Michelle Knight are alive, talking and appear to be OK.

“I heard screaming… And I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” said Charles, a neighbor who found the women. “I go on the porch and she said ‘Help me get out. I’ve been here a long time.’ I figure it was domestic violence dispute."

She comes out with a little girl and says ‘Call 911, my name is Amanda Berry’… When she told me, it didn’t register.” He said he made the call and gave Berry the phone. When police arrived, officers asked him if he knew who he rescued.

<snipped>

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Cleveland-police-dispatch-Missing-teens-Amanda-Berry-and-Gina-DeJesus-found-alive

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »

they havent given the mans name yet and i tried to look up the house and owner
but site is down,in the vid the man named charles that helped them get out,says
he sees the man everyday, and my nephews girlfriend is thrilled her cuz
Gina DeJesus is alive

cuyahoga county auditor

They gave his name on Daily Mail. On my ipad not sure how to bring it over here.
I think he is 52 yrs old.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »

Good find CW618!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.