May 01, 2024, 10:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Berry, missing since 4/21/2003 Cleveland, OH(Found Safe!)  (Read 99108 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/alleged-captors-of-amanda-berry-gina-dejesus-michelle-knight-likely-to-be-charged-on-wednesday/2013/05/08/8089d950-b7c6-11e2-aa9e-a02b765ff0ea_story.html
Alleged captors of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michelle Knight likely to be charged on Wednesday
May 8, 2013

CLEVELAND —As police prepare to charge three brothers accused of kidnapping a trio of young women and holding them captive for the last decade, residents of this city are grappling with why the women were not rescued sooner — and whether their kidnappings might be related to other disappearances.

At least twice in recent years, neighbors said, police were called to the house on Seymour Avenue from which Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were rescued Monday night, along with Berry’s six-year-old daughter.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2013, 09:55:22 AM »

The 3 captors in this case deserve the death penalty and I want them to get it. However, I want them to spend some real "quality time" in jail first, with all the Daddy inmates. I want them to squeal high, loud and often. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2013, 10:14:53 AM »

Cleveland police search for more women after tip from kidnap victim, report says
Published May 08, 2013

CLEVELAND –  Cleveland police are searching properties Wednesday morning near the home called a 'house of horrors' after they were reportedly alerted by one of the kidnap victims that there may be more women.

Details of a possible fourth victim came to light during police interviews with the oldest victim,  Michelle Knight, who reportedly said there was another girl at the home about 10 years ago, but disappeared.

In 2007, Ashley Summers, a 14 year old, disappeared in the same neighborhood. Initially it was believed Summers was a runaway but a few years later, police saw a potential link with the other missing girls.

Knight reportedly told police she was unsure of how many other women may have been in the house because they were all kept in separate locked rooms.

<snipped>

Knight vanished at age 20 in 2002. Berry disappeared at 16 in 2003, when she called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from her job at a Burger King. About a year later, DeJesus vanished at 14 on her way home from school.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/08/cleveland-police-hit-with-claims-missed-clues-after-3-women-freed/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »

The 3 captors in this case deserve the death penalty and I want them to get it. However, I want them to spend some real "quality time" in jail first, with all the Daddy inmates. I want them to squeal high, loud and often. 

Been in lurk mode too long. Howdy. When we heard about this story hubby and I came straight here.

I'm with you CBB! Except I'm thinking make them go through that for twenty years, double what they put these poor women through and poor children, and then... death by public justice like the old days. Let Joe Citizen administer justice. And let the monsters know it's coming every day of those 20 years so they have that to look forward to. 

That one news report of the monster saying finding Amanda is a waste of money... what a huge waste of space he is and all his ilk. What a different world it used to be when justice actually meant some serious suffering and fear for monsters.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »

Been in lurk mode too long. Howdy. When we heard about this story hubby and I came straight here.

I'm with you CBB! Except I'm thinking make them go through that for twenty years, double what they put these poor women through and poor children, and then... death by public justice like the old days. Let Joe Citizen administer justice. And let the monsters know it's coming every day of those 20 years so they have that to look forward to. 

That one news report of the monster saying finding Amanda is a waste of money... what a huge waste of space he is and all his ilk. What a different world it used to be when justice actually meant some serious suffering and fear for monsters.

So good to see you, NickandNora!   

I think you and I share the same rage over this, and I like your ideas on the administration of justice! Since jail seems not to be the deterrent it once was, maybe it's time to step up the consequences! I want the girls to be able to sit on the stand and give the testimony that puts these 3 through the ringer. I want the girls to hold the power for a change and may it be just the captor's beginning of a daily life filled with paralyzing fear, excruciating pain, and absolute hopelessness. 
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2013, 12:43:19 PM »

It's good to see you too CBB. 

There are so many things that should happen due to this and hopefully a lot of good will come out of it. I can't help but suspect authorities involved in this deserves some heavy scrutiny. I've listened to the people saying they told the police about the naked woman in the backyard and everything... and police saying they have no records of those events. If it's anything like it is where I live, there's no record unless the police officer records it due to taking any action or if the person who called for the police asks for something to be put on the record just for the sake of having it on record. So no, there's no records to be found if these things really did take place, but I believe the witnesses. It happens in our neck of the woods too often. You have to do more than stand on your head and scream to get authorities to hear you. And too often that gets you nothing either. We've got some dang fine men and women in uniform but too many who are sloppy and just don't care or don't follow up on things that are pretty danged suspicious... and it doesn't seem to bother them that they wear a badge that bears a heavy vow to protect and serve, never seems to enter their minds that if they aint got it in their hearts any more to please, PLEASE, take off the badge and go do something else instead of making mistakes that can be fatal due to burnout or what have you.

It doesn't take a lot of detective work to see three women abducted one after another one year after another from the same neighborhood, it's pretty darn probable someone is definitely abducting and apparently is very familiar with the area and probably lives within it or near it... there can't be that many people to profile in the area that have the potential for doing such a thing. And there's a possibility more were abducted?! And more would have been if Amanda had not rescued herself, her child, Michelle and Gina... along with Mr. Ramsay helping her. Here's hoping the media will hound and hound for the details of how authorities have handled this investigation and some real lasting change happens.   

I'd love to personally slap the crap out of the 911 operator.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2013, 01:15:24 PM »

Cleveland police search for more women after tip from kidnap victim, report says
Published May 08, 2013

CLEVELAND –  Cleveland police are searching properties Wednesday morning near the home called a 'house of horrors' after they were reportedly alerted by one of the kidnap victims that there may be more women.

Details of a possible fourth victim came to light during police interviews with the oldest victim,  Michelle Knight, who reportedly said there was another girl at the home about 10 years ago, but disappeared.

In 2007, Ashley Summers, a 14 year old, disappeared in the same neighborhood. Initially it was believed Summers was a runaway but a few years later, police saw a potential link with the other missing girls.

Knight reportedly told police she was unsure of how many other women may have been in the house because they were all kept in separate locked rooms.

<snipped>

Knight vanished at age 20 in 2002. Berry disappeared at 16 in 2003, when she called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from her job at a Burger King. About a year later, DeJesus vanished at 14 on her way home from school.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/08/cleveland-police-hit-with-claims-missed-clues-after-3-women-freed/

There's another video under that one that states Michelle is almost deaf due to the beatings. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »

Listening to the dispatcher, it seems she didn't believe her.  Actually, seemed kind of rude to me.  Anyone else feel that way?  "I told you, talk to the police when they get there."  I would have kept her on the phone, poor girl.

Totally agree! It was odd that the 911 dispatcher did not stay on the phone with her until the police got there! It was obvious that Amanda was distraught and was seeking comfort and reassurance that she was safe.
I just read that the dispatcher is being investigated!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »

Listening to the dispatcher, it seems she didn't believe her.  Actually, seemed kind of rude to me.  Anyone else feel that way?  "I told you, talk to the police when they get there."  I would have kept her on the phone, poor girl.

Totally agree! It was odd that the 911 dispatcher did not stay on the phone with her until the police got there! It was obvious that Amanda was distraught and was seeking comfort and reassurance that she was safe.
I just read that the dispatcher is being investigated!

I hope so too she did sound like she cared at all she should have stayed on the phone with that poor girl and thank god for good men like Charles Ramsey

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »

so far ive heard,through the grapevine,that AC would park the bus near the church
and eat lunch,and go to his house until time to get the kids

i think the driver is suppose to go back to the bus garage

my friend was home when the call was made for the screaming woman in back yard
some people tried to see from the church,apt and company parking lots LE came
looked, knocked, left
map of pk lots near house,
http://goo.gl/maps/P6kHy

JMO,i think the women might have been aware of the house in foreclosure
and were prob desperate considering the alternative,JMO i dont think, AC would
have moved them,and i ve been told edwin is his uncle,news on that below
in next post

info on prop here
2207 Seymour Ave
PARCEL ID OWNERS NAME HOUSE NUMBER DIR STREET NAME CITY
008-05-052  CASTRO, ARIEL  02207    SEYMOUR  CLEVELAND 
http://fiscalofficer.cuyahogacounty.us/AuditorApps/real-property/REPI/default.asp
http://gis.cuyahogacounty.us/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »

Cleveland house where missing women held captive is in foreclosure

By Michael Sangiacomo, The Plain Dealer
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 07, 2013 at 9:08 AM, updated May 07, 2013 at 5:56 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland house where police say Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were being held captive for years, is in foreclosure for non-payment of real estate taxes.

According to the Cuyahoga County Auditor's website, owner Ariel Castro owes $2,501 in taxes for 2010, 2011 and 2012, which includes delinquent penalties, on the house at 2207 Seymour Ave..

Castro bought the house on April 25, 1992, for $12,000 from Edwin and Antonia Castro, who lived on West 25th Street. Whether Ariel Castro is related to Edwin and Antonia Castro is unclear.

In 2012, the two-story house and property was appraised at $36,100. It was built in 1890 and remodeled in 1956. Records show the house has four bedrooms; one bathroom; a detached garage built in 1950; a 760-square-foot basement; an 84-square-foot enclosed porch and a 120-square-foot open porch.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/house_where_woman_held_captive.html

Castro family among first Hispanics to settle in Cleveland, coming from Puerto Rico just after World War II

By Michael O'Malley, The Plain Dealer
on May 07, 2013 at 6:17 PM, updated May 08, 2013 at 1:16 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/castro_family_among_first_hisp.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »

Wow, Ariel will be the only one charged..........The other two brothers as of this time they have found no evidence that they were involved whatsoever!!!!
 (as per news confernce happening right now via CNN)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »

Wow, Ariel will be the only one charged..........The other two brothers as of this time they have found no evidence that they were involved whatsoever!!!!

What?! THey probably knew about it....
The girls will tell who knew and who was involved!

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2013, 05:22:48 PM »

Girls have stated they were never outside of the house naked & chained at any time.  They also stated they had only been outside for a very brief period twice in the last 10 years! (as per CNN news conference)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »

Reported on Fox News...now

Charges against Ariel Castro
Four counts of kidnapping; 3 counts of rape
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2013, 05:25:12 PM »

What?! THey probably knew about it....
The girls will tell who knew and who was involved!

Don't know Cookie, just what the FBI just stated that the girls have stated it was only Ariel.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »

They were held in seperate areas, they knew the others were there but sounds as if they were kept apart most of the time.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2013, 05:29:56 PM »

Girls have stated they were never outside of the house naked & chained at any time.  They also stated they had only been outside for a very brief period twice in the last 10 years! (as per CNN news conference)
They only left the house proper to enter garage in disguise twice, that was the only time they were actually out of house.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=9094465

Charges filed against Ariel Castro in Ohio kidnapping case of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight
Updated at 05:24 PM today

CLEVELAND --  Kidnapping and rape charges were filed Wednesday against a man arrested after three women missing for about a decade were found alive at his home.

Homeowner Ariel Castro was charged while his brothers, Pedro and Onil Castro, were held but faced no immediate charges.

The men were in custody and couldn't be reached for comment. Their brother-in-law has said the family is "shocked" after hearing about the women at the home.

The three women were subjected to prolonged sexual and psychological abuse and suffered miscarriages, a city councilman briefed on the case said Wednesday.

Councilman Brian Cummins said that many details remain unclear, including the number of pregnancies and the conditions under which the miscarriages occurred. He also said the women were kept in the basement for some time without having access to the rest of the house. Police said they were apparently bound with ropes and chains.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »

I understand Castro waved his miranda rights and his talking to the police.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.