May 01, 2024, 08:44:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Berry, missing since 4/21/2003 Cleveland, OH(Found Safe!)  (Read 99101 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543640,00.html
Woman Who Says She Is Kidnapped California Girl Comes Forward 18 Years Later
Thursday, August 27, 2009

CONCORD, Calif. —  A young woman walked into a California police station and announced that she was Jaycee Lee Dugard — a missing girl who was snatched by an abductor from a Lake Tahoe-area school bus stop in 1991, authorities said Thursday.

Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, told KTVU that the girl’s mother Terry Probyn got a stunning phone call at work Wednesday from federal agents.

"She got a call from the FBI, they said they had found Jaycee and she was alive," he said in a phone interview from the couple's Riverside County, Calif., home. "They put her (the woman) on the phone. My wife talked with her and is convinced she is Jaycee. Jaycee remembers everything."

Terry Probyn then phoned Carl, her former husband, according to KTVU.

"My wife called me about 4 and asked me if I was sitting down," said Probyn, whose marriage broke up in the wake of the abduction. "(She said), 'They found Jaycee They found her alive.'"

Authorities said they have two people in custody in relation to the case. Terry Probyn was traveling to be reunited with her daughter, KTVU reported.

"After 18 years you do give up hope, this is a miracle," Carl Probyn told KTVU.

On the morning of June 10, 1991, then 11-year-old Jaycee left her family's South Lake Tahoe house to catch her school bus, dressed in a pink shirt and pink pants.

As Carl Probyn looked on from the family's driveway two blocks away, a gray sedan pulled up. Someone grabbed Jaycee and sped off. Even though the local police were quick to respond and there were witnesses, the little girl was never found.

A 2002 search of a vacation property owned by a defrocked priest living in the Bay Area turned up no evidence of the missing child.

Another miracle!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »

BBM i know the man,not the kind of hang out know, just from around that hood for years
havent seen him,last time was end of last summer,when i was back over in that cleve
hood,seeing a friend down the street

By Thomas Ott, The Plain Dealer
Follow on Twitter
on May 06, 2013 at 7:02 PM, updated May 06, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Occasionally, he would turn on a dim porch light, but the house was always dark, Gomez said. Shades blocked the windows and at least one window is boarded up.

“He never had much to say,” she said. “He would say hi back, but there was never much conversation.”

Castro’s uncle, Julio Castro, who owns a store called Caribe at the corner of West 25th Street and Seymour, said he has mixed emotions about the discovery.

“For me, it’s bad on one side, and good on the other side.”

Julio Castro said that his nephew used to play bass in various bands that performed at a local club once owned by DeJesus’ uncle. He said he believes his nephew knew the family from the club and the neighborhood.

Charlie Czorba, a Caribe customer who lives on Seymour said he was stunned by how long the women had lived at the house undetected.

“This is our own backyard,” Czorba. “These girls were locked up in our own backyard.”

Another neighbor, Victor Pratts, who has lived on street for about 25 years, said Ariel Castro would occasionally come out and ride a four- wheeler with him. But Pratts said he never saw any of the three women enter or exit the house.

Neighbor Charles Ramsey said he called 9-1-1 after discovering Berry in Castro's home. He added that the dispatcher didn't take him seriously.

Ramsey said he heard a girl screaming, "Help, help me out." He said the girl looked familiar.

Ramsey said Castro took off running, while Ramsey kicked and broke the bottom of a door, allowing Berry to crawl out.

Police arrested Castro at a nearby McDonald's and brought the other two women out of the house, witnesses said.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/tv_station_reports_berry_dejes.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »

cw618

Thanks for the heads up!!  You brought such good news to the forum.  I cried.  My emotions were so mixed ... anger ... happiness.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested
Updated: May 06, 2013 7:03 PM PDT

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cleveland Police confirms that three missing girls were located in a house on Seymour Avenue Monday afternoon.

All three women, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, seem to be in good health.

According to police a woman claiming to be Amanda Berry called 911 Monday. She said she was kidnapped 10 years ago and said she is currently at a home at 2210 Seymour.

She also told the dispatcher that Gina DeJesus was with her.

A third missing woman, 32-year old Michelle Knight, was in the home with Berry and DeJesus. It's believed Knight disappeared in 2000.

<snipped>

Amanda was one day shy of her 17th birthday when she went missing on her way home to her birthday party. She disappeared on April 21, 2003 after leaving her job at Burger King at West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue.

Amanda's mother, Louwana, died at age 43 in March of 2006 after years of searching for her daughter. Many say Louwana died of a broken heart.

<snipped>

Cleveland Police arrested a 52-year-old Hispanic man at the house where the three women were found Monday. He is a Cleveland City Schools bus driver.

Nancy Ruiz, Gina DeJesus' mom told 19 Action News reporter Lydia Esparra that they are going to take a least 24 hours to connect with their daughter. After that they will talk to the media Tuesday.

Gina DeJesus disappeared in 2004 at the age of 14. She was walking home from school when she vanished. At the time of her disappearance family members believed she was taken by human traffickers.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22175803/breaking-woman-claiming-to-missing-woman-amanda-berry-calls-cleveland-police

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; Man arrested
Updated: May 06, 2013 7:03 PM PDT

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Cleveland Police confirms that three missing girls were located in a house on Seymour Avenue Monday afternoon.

All three women, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, seem to be in good health.

According to police a woman claiming to be Amanda Berry called 911 Monday. She said she was kidnapped 10 years ago and said she is currently at a home at 2210 Seymour.

A third missing woman, 32-year old Michelle Knight, was in the home with Berry and DeJesus. It's believed Knight disappeared in 2000.

<snipped>

Amanda was one day shy of her 17th birthday when she went missing on her way home to her birthday party. She disappeared on April 21, 2003 after leaving her job at Burger King at West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue.

Amanda's mother, Louwana, died at age 43 in March of 2006 after years of searching for her daughter. Many say Louwana died of a broken heart.

<snipped>

Cleveland Police arrested a 52-year-old Hispanic man at the house where the three women were found Monday. He is a Cleveland City Schools bus driver.

Nancy Ruiz, Gina DeJesus' mom told 19 Action News reporter Lydia Esparra that they are going to take a least 24 hours to connect with their daughter. After that they will talk to the media Tuesday.

Gina DeJesus disappeared in 2004 at the age of 14. She was walking home from school when she vanished. At the time of her disappearance family members believed she was taken by human traffickers.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/22175803/breaking-woman-claiming-to-missing-woman-amanda-berry-calls-cleveland-police

_____

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 10:25:17 PM »

Isn't this wonderful news. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »

Wonderful news.  They all seem to be doing okay.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »

GINA DEJESUS

3 Ohio women missing for decade found alive, as cops arrest 52-year-old man
Published May 06, 2013

Cheering crowds gathered Monday night on the street near the home where police said Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found earlier in the day. The identity of the third woman hadn't been confirmed, but Fox 8 and other local media identified her as Michele Knight.

<snipped>

In September 2006, police acting on a tip tore up the concrete floor of the garage and used a cadaver dog to search unsuccessfully for DeJesus' body. Investigators confiscated 19 pieces of evidence during their search but declined to comment on the significance of the items then.

No Amber Alert was issued the day DeJesus failed to return home from school in April 2004 because no one witnessed her abduction. The lack of an Amber Alert angered her father, Felix DeJesus, who said in 2006 he believed the public will listen even if the alerts become routine.

"The Amber Alert should work for any missing child," Felix DeJesus said then. "It doesn't have to be an abduction. Whether it's an abduction or a runaway, a child needs to be found. We need to change this law."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/06/2-ohio-teen-girls-missing-for-decade-found-alive-as-cops-offer-few-details/

March 3, 2004: In this file photo, Felix DeJesus holds a banner showing his daughter's photograph by a memorial in his living room in Cleveland. (AP)

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »

GINA DEJESUS

3 Ohio women missing for decade found alive, as cops arrest 52-year-old man
Published May 06, 2013

Cheering crowds gathered Monday night on the street near the home where police said Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman were found earlier in the day. The identity of the third woman hadn't been confirmed, but Fox 8 and other local media identified her as Michele Knight.

<snipped>

In September 2006, police acting on a tip tore up the concrete floor of the garage and used a cadaver dog to search unsuccessfully for DeJesus' body. Investigators confiscated 19 pieces of evidence during their search but declined to comment on the significance of the items then.

No Amber Alert was issued the day DeJesus failed to return home from school in April 2004 because no one witnessed her abduction. The lack of an Amber Alert angered her father, Felix DeJesus, who said in 2006 he believed the public will listen even if the alerts become routine.

"The Amber Alert should work for any missing child," Felix DeJesus said then. "It doesn't have to be an abduction. Whether it's an abduction or a runaway, a child needs to be found. We need to change this law."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/06/2-ohio-teen-girls-missing-for-decade-found-alive-as-cops-offer-few-details/

March 3, 2004: In this file photo, Felix DeJesus holds a banner showing his daughter's photograph by a memorial in his living room in Cleveland. (AP)

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »

bottom of pg

Listen to Amanda Berry's frantic 9-1-1 call to police
By Plain Dealer staff
on May 06, 2013 at 9:00 PM, updated May 06, 2013 at 9:19 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/listen_to_amanda_berrys_franti.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »

Great news! 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »

http://www.ktvq.com/news/911-call-i-ve-been-kidnapped-cops-find-3-women-missing-for-years/

911 call -- 'I've been kidnapped!' -- cops find 3 women missing for years
Posted: May 6, 2013 7:18 PM by CNN
Updated: May 6, 2013 8:22 PM

"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," she said, her voice distraught and quick, according to an audio recording of the call released Monday night. "I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here and I'm free now."

Another 911 call came in less than a minute later from a man who saw Berry busting out of the house.

"She's like, 'This (expletive) kidnapped me and my daughter,'" Charles Ramsey told 911.

A 52-year-old man has been arrested, Cleveland police said on their website.

The three women are in fair condition, Gerald Maloney, an emergency department physician at Metro Health Medical Center, said Monday night.

"I am thankful that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight have been found alive," Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said. "We have many unanswered questions regarding this case and the investigation will be ongoing. Again, I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive."

Angie Garcia, whose aunt lives across the street from where the women were found, said Berry ran over to the house Monday and begged to use the phone. Berry, who was carrying a child, told the aunt who she was and then asked to use the phone to call 911.

The women and another young child came out of the house across the street, Garcia said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 11:14:37 PM »

the plain press is a neighborhood wkly newspaper,at least it use to be i think
it is still up and running, castro wrote an article,the article says,im not sure if
it is the same man,IE his name is a common name like joe brown/smith ya know
click the text only tab at link

Ariel Castro, Arrested in Cleveland Kidnappings, Wrote an Article About the Abductions
 13 mins ago by Kori Ellis Mon, May 6 - 9:17 pm ET

Ariel Castro is the 52-year-old man who was arrested today after allegedly kidnapping and then holding Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight captive in his basement in Cleveland for a decade. In a weird twist, it looks like Castro was actually a reporter who wrote an article in the Plain Press about the DeJesus case back in 2004.

A cached version of the article has been found online and can be viewed through this link
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.nhlink.net/plainpress/html/stories/2004-06/dejesusdisappearancechangesneighborhood.htm&strip=1
You can see a screen cap of parts of the article below.

http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/05/06/crime/52-year-old-suspect-ariel-castro-arrested-in-cleveland-abductions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+b5media%2Feveryjoe+(EveryJoe)

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight Missing for a Decade Found Earlier Today in Cleveland, OH … 52 Year Old Hispanic Man Arrested (Update: 911 Call)

TALK ABOUT YOUR MIRACLES … FILE THIS ONE UNDER DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T EVER GIVE UP!!!

Posted May 6, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/05/06/amanda-berry-gina-dejesus-and-michele-knight-missing-for-a-decade-found-earlier-today-in-cleveland-oh-52-year-old-hispanic-man-arrested/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 11:52:15 PM »

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight Missing for a Decade Found Earlier Today in Cleveland, OH … 52 Year Old Hispanic Man Arrested (Update: 911 Call)

TALK ABOUT YOUR MIRACLES … FILE THIS ONE UNDER DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T EVER GIVE UP!!!

Posted May 6, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/05/06/amanda-berry-gina-dejesus-and-michele-knight-missing-for-a-decade-found-earlier-today-in-cleveland-oh-52-year-old-hispanic-man-arrested/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 12:04:52 AM »

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight are ALIVE; 3 men arrested
Posted: May 06, 2013 3:28 PM PDT Updated: May 06, 2013 8:33 PM PDT

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

Three brothers connected to the disappearances of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight have been arrested.

The men, ages 50, 52, and 54, are expected to be charged within the next 36 hours.

Cleveland Police confirm that the three women were located in a house on Seymour Avenue Monday afternoon.

All three seem to be in good health.

"I can't wait to talk to her, I can't wait to hold her, to see her," said Gale Mitchell, Amanda's aunt. 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:35 AM »

WOW, check this out ...

Ariel Castro, Arrested in Cleveland Kidnappings, Wrote an Article About the Abductions

Read more: http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/05/06/crime/52-year-old-suspect-ariel-castro-arrested-in-cleveland-abductions/#ixzz2SZo23XUO

Ariel Castro is the 52-year-old man who was arrested today after allegedly kidnapping and then holding Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight captive in his basement in Cleveland for a decade. In a weird twist, it looks like Castro was actually a reporter who wrote an article in the Plain Press about the DeJesus case back in 2004.

A cached version of the article has been found online and can be viewed through this link: Gina DeJesus’ disappearance has changed her neighborhood. You can see a screen cap of parts of the article below.

Read more: http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/05/06/crime/52-year-old-suspect-ariel-castro-arrested-in-cleveland-abductions/#ixzz2SZo7EvDg
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »

WOW, check this out ...

Read more: http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/05/06/crime/52-year-old-suspect-ariel-castro-arrested-in-cleveland-abductions/#ixzz2SZo23XUO

A cached version of the article has been found online and can be viewed through this link: Gina DeJesus’ disappearance has changed her neighborhood. You can see a screen cap of parts of the article below.

Read more: http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/05/06/crime/52-year-old-suspect-ariel-castro-arrested-in-cleveland-abductions/#ixzz2SZo7EvDg

Like Charles the neighbor man that helped Amanda Berry escape and the others said this SOB had some big B****. I hope they send the azz away for the rest of his life. So happy all three young women have been found safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »

i thought i would put a link to distance from last yrs dig for Amanda Berry
to where she was,wonder if AC was at the dig
map
http://goo.gl/maps/30WlH
about the dig
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/253106/23/Amanda-Berrys-family-holds-onto-hope

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 12:52:37 AM »

Cops arrest 3 brothers after 3 Ohio women missing for a decade found alive
Published May 07, 2013

Authorities say three brothers have been arrested after three women who vanished about a decade ago in separate cases were found alive Monday in a residential area just south of downtown Cleveland, just a few miles from where they disappeared.

Police said a 52-year-old man was among those arrested, but released no names and gave no details about the others arrested or what charges they might face. They described one of the suspects as a Hispanic male but said they planned to provide more information at a news conference Tuesday.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/07/2-ohio-teen-girls-missing-for-decade-found-alive-as-cops-offer-few-details/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.