March 29, 2024, 08:08:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Shooting Inside Aurora, Colorado Theater -12 dead & 58 wounded  (Read 131774 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/police-work-to-id-victims-colorado-massacre-delay-probe-suspect-apartment/
All explosives removed from Colorado shooting suspect's apartment
July 21, 2012

All explosives have been eliminated in the booby-trapped apartment of the suspect in a deadly shooting spree at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, and no authorities were injured in the process.
 ::snipping2::
Aurora police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson says the booby trap trip wire at his apartment was "meant to kill," the first person who opened the door to the apartment.

The Aurora police chief says the trap was meant specifically to kill a police officer who might have opened the door.

"We sure as hell are angry," Chief Dan Oates said about the trap being aimed at officers. Oates also tried to head off a mental incompetence defense by saying Holmes was deliberate and calculating in receiving numerous commercial deliveries to his home and workplaces over the past four months.

"This is some serious stuff that our team is dealing with," Sgt. Carlson said. Witnesses have reported hearing two small booms during the disarming process.
More...
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 11:14:35 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-21/colorado-shooting-victim-identities/56389076/1
Names of victims emerge in Aurora, Colo., theater rampage
July 21, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 03:47:23 AM »

http://www.chron.com/news/article/AP-source-Rifle-in-Colo-theater-shooting-jammed-3725743.php
AP source: Rifle in Colo. theater shooting jammed
July 22, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal law enforcement official says the semi-automatic assault rifle used in the deadly Colorado movie theater shooting jammed during the attack.

The official said late Saturday the rifle had a high-capacity ammunition magazine which, based on witness accounts and evidence collected at the scene, apparently jammed. The rifle's malfunction then forced the suspected shooter, James Holmes, to switch to another weapon.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates has said a 100-round drum magazine was recovered at the scene of the shooting in suburban Denver. Oates said such a weapon was capable of firing 50 to 60 rounds a minute.

Police said Holmes also had two Glock pistols and a shotgun.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »

http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Apps/InmateVisitation/default.asp?Perform=InmateSearch&lUser=
Inmate: HOLMES, JAMES EAGAN     
Booking Number: 201200009751
Total Bond Amount: $0.00     
Booking Date: 07/20/2012 5:35 PM
Charge   MURDER IN THE 1ST DEGREE FELONY -
Class of Offense   CLASS 1
Bond Amount   $0.00 
Scheduled
Release Date
Next Court   07/23/2012 9:30 AM
Date/Location  Arapahoe County District Court 7325 S. Potomac St Centennial, CO 80112
303-649-6355 

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »

Police: Colo. suspect planned massacre for months
Associated PressBy MEAD GRUVER and THOMAS PEIPERT | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago
July 22,2012

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Details emerging on the Colorado massacre suspect show a budding scientist, brimming with potential, who pursued a graduate program even as he assembled weaponry he would allegedly use in the deadly midnight rampage inside an Aurora movie theater.

James Holmes planned the attack with "calculation and deliberation," police said Saturday, receiving deliveries by mail that authorities believe armed him for battle and were used to rig his apartment with dozens of bombs. ::snipping2::

His apartment was rigged with jars of liquids, explosives and chemicals that were booby trapped to kill "whoever entered it," Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said, noting it would have likely been one of his officers. ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/police-colo-suspect-planned-massacre-months-033025968.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 10:14:38 AM »

Colorado theater shooting suspect in solitary confinement, denies interview request

By Jason Sickles, Yahoo July 22.2012

CENTENNIAL, Colo.--Flags outside the Arapahoe County Detention Facility flew at half-staff Saturday for the victims killed and wounded in the Aurora movie theater massacre.

Beyond the jail's walls sits the suspected gunman police say is responsible for the rampage, one of the worst mass shootings in United States history.

"The inmates know he's in there, but nobody's saying anything," said a woman leaving from visiting a jailed relative. "I wonder if he's on suicide watch. He should be." ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/denver-shooting-suspect-denies-interview-request-due-court-224509859.html

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »

James Holmes was high on prescription drugs hours before shooting.
Bookmark and Share
Scallywag July 21, 2012 0

It has been reported that James Holmeswas as high as a kite prior to walking into the cinema complex where Batman Dark Knight rides again was playing.

How high was he you wonder? Very high:

The report of “100 mg of Vicodin” is somewhat misleading, since all Vicodin pills weigh more than 100 mg. What the sources most likely meant was 100 mg of hydrocodone, the actual narcotic in Vicodin, which means Holmes took ten high dosage Vicodins, or twenty weaker ones. And yes, that’s a lot.

I'm not sure if this is real?

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2012/07/james-holmes-was-high-on-prescription-drugs-hours-before-shooting/

Wouldn't that much Vicodin just make you sleepy or woozy?

I've taken 1 10 mg Vicodin's after surgery and they tended to make me hyper.  But if I would think taking 100, would make somebody OD!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »

i think James Holmes slipped over the edge of reality,he became to
involved and connected to his field of study
-----------------
http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holmes-video-colorado-shooting-suspect-abc-news/story?id=16830653
ABC News Exclusive: First Video of Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes Emerges
By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27) and OLIVIA KATRANDJIAN
July 22, 2012
Overnight, ABC News obtained exclusive video and photos of Holmes. The video was recorded six years ago
when Holmes was 18.

In the video, he is standing among his peers at a science camp held at Miramar College in San Diego talking
about "temporal illusions."
"Over the course of the summer I've been working with a temporal illusion. It's an illusion that allows you to change
the past," Holmes said in the video.

He appears slightly nervous speaking to the group but also extremely intelligent.

This is how he was explaining his mentor's shared interest in fantasy versus reality in the video:
------
more vid and more at link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »

Here is the video:

Watch More News Videos at ABC
2012 Presidential Election
Entertainment & Celebrity News

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holmes-video-colorado-shooting-suspect-abc-news/story?id=16830653#.UAwRjaC6SSo
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »

Most people said he was a recluse, not totally rare, but typical of these mass murderers. He had no record, sounds like a genius.  Ready to graduate with Phd in Geoscienc with the world ahead of him and just drops out suddenly.  I'm curious why his own mother knew it was him. What insight does she have to shed?  I guess it will come out eventually.

My heart goes out to the victims and family.  The 6 yr old. killed and family, just totally breaks my heart!   

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »

Edit above.  NeuroScience, not GeoScience.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »

JMO
was what James Holmes did,a sick experitment in a sick mind
looking at what temporal illusions are,i noticed in several of the
articles that,the movie theater and film was used to explain,why
and what temporal illusions are .....JMO

Temporal illusions …
http://eagleman.com/eagleman-blog/147-brain-time
The days of thinking of time as a river—evenly flowing, always advancing—are over.
Time perception, just like vision, is a construction of the brain and is shockingly easy
to manipulate experimentally. We all know about optical illusions, in which things
appear different from how they really are; less well known is the world of temporal illusions.
When you begin to look for temporal illusions, they appear everywhere. In the movie theater,
you perceive a series of static images as a smoothly flowing scene. Or perhaps you've
noticed when glancing at a clock that the second hand sometimes appears to take longer
 than normal to move to its next position—as though the clock were momentarily frozen.

http://artesescenicas.uclm.es/index.php?sec=texto&id=232&PHPSESSID=azhwlexmmzvpjcee
Dominguez´s pseudo-scientific desire to understand the creative process through formulas
combining space, time, movement, and identity – always approached with humor and a critical
sense – is comparable to the film editors’ fascination for binding together unconnected shots
while keeping a certain coherence. What is fascinating here is not the result of a perfect continuity
from one shot to the next, but the action of stretching the limits of continuity as far as possible,
until he space between shots imposes itself, possibly opening the way to unknown perceptions.
But, unlike what happens in cinema, in All Good Spies Are My Age, time – and space – is not suppressed but invented. It is built from the combination of three simultaneous times: the performing time (Juan Dominguez sitting at his table), the cinematographic time (cards passing
on the screen) and, say, the real time, double as it is: chronological, objective on the one hand
 (the piece takes place from eight to nine); biological or subjective on the other (it varies, stretches, and contracts, depending on the individual mental and emotional experience).
So, when Dominguez puts a new card on the other side of the table asking HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU BUY WITH AN ENTRANCE TICKET? time or, more accurately, the duration of the piece turns out to be indeterminate because it is inseparable from all thefactors that go with the situation. A situation, namely, that becomes completely subjective and personal
 for all the spectators in the room. Time becomes something incalculable because we cannot separate t
he form of expression in the cards from our inner voice while reading. We are being affected by
these new space-times, sometimes imaginary, created by the uncertain tours of our thoughts

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 11:45:15 AM »

I'm actully surprised there isn't more conversation about this going on. I've watched it all weekend.  While cleaning, etc. (ok, don't have a life).
I would think this should become a thread in High Profile cases.   This is going to go on for sometime, as updates become available. 
Not for the killer, but for the victims, if nothing else.   JMO...

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Massacre suspect James Holmes' gun-range application drew red flag

By Jana Winter

Published July 22, 2012

FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/22/massacre-suspect-james-holmes-gun-range-application-drew-red-flag-for-owner/#ixzz21MvEqk8l

YERS, Colo. –  Less than a month before carrying out the midnight movie massacre that left 12 dead, suspected shooter James Holmes applied for membership at a private gun range, unnerving the club’s owner whose calls to Holmes’ apartment reached a “creepy, weird” Batman-inspired voicemail message.

“His answering machine message was incoherent, just bizarre, really bizarre -- slurring words, but he didn’t sound drunk, just strange -- I could make out “James” somewhere in it,” Glenn Rotkovich, of the Lead Valley Range, in Byers, Colo., told FoxNews.com.

EXCLUSIVE: Gun club application submitted by massacre suspect James Holmes

Email from James Holmes to gun club owner

“I told my staff, here’s the name -- James Holmes -- this is the person. If he shows up come get me. I need to talk to him before anything else,” he added. “I said, I’m not sure about this guy.’ It was kind of bizarre.” ::snipping2::

When Rotkovich’s wife awakened him on Friday morning with news of the awful tragedy, the name sounded familiar. As the story unfolded, he began to figure out that he had had a strange brush with the suspect. First came word the shooter’s mother was named Arlene and lived in San Diego, which matched the application’s emergency contact information. Then, he saw TV reporters near Holmes’ apartment building and verified it matched the address.

“I said, ‘Yes, this looks like it’s him,’” Rotkovich recalled. “Too many coincidences for it not to be him.”

Rotkovich told police about his chilling encounter with Holmes, and when he was able to give them previously unreported information about the suspect, they were interested, he said. He’s since told them everything he knows and provided them with a copy of Holmes’ electronic application to join his range.

Membership dues at the Lead Valley Range run $150 a year with a $100 initiation fee the first year. It was less than a month ago, on June 25, at exactly 5 p.m., when Holmes emailed his Lead Valley Range application, a copy of which was obtained by FoxNews.com.

Rotkovich says he always needs to get to know the applicant a little before considering people for membership at his family’s range, and Holmes’s application was business-like and devoid of any personal information. Rotkovich planned to vet Holmes in person before he would be allowed to step on the range and pick up a weapon, let alone become a member.

In answering the questions found on the range’s standard application form, Holmes listed his marital status as “single,” said he was not a member of the National Rifle Association and claimed to have heard about Lead Valley online. Staffers at the range said they did not know who might have referred Holmes.

He also checked off boxes saying he wasn’t prohibited by law from possessing firearms or ammunition; had not been convicted of any domestic violence offense and was not facing pending felony criminal charges or domestic offenses. He also said he was not an unlawful user or addicted to a controlled substance.

The one-line email to which he attached the application concluded with a curt and businesslike sentence signed in a way that further put off the rural Colorado gun range proprietor: “Cheers, James,” according to a copy obtained by FoxNews.com. 

"That also struck me as very, very strange,” Rotkovich said. “Who says ‘Cheers?’”

He called Holmes to follow up, he said, and to make sure he could attend the mandatory pre-membership orientation and safety rules training.  That’s when he heard the strange message, which when Rotkovich tried to imitate it, sounded like a mix of moaning in the background and movie-character-like exaggerated squeals and laughter.

“In hindsight, looking back -- and if I’d seen the movies -- maybe I’d say it was like the Joker -- I would have gotten the Joker out of it,” he said. “It was like somebody was trying to be as weird as possible,” he said.

After calling back two more times several days apart and getting that same message, he alerted his staff.

Rotkovich never heard from Holmes again.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/22/massacre-suspect-james-holmes-gun-range-application-drew-red-flag-for-owner/#ixzz21MvWVN9f

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57477408/aurora-police-chief-no-other-person-of-interest/
Aurora police chief: No other "person of interest"
July 22, 2012

(CBS News) Aurora police chief Daniel Oates rejected media reports that a second person of interest is associated with Friday's massacre in Colorado. He said James Holmes is the only suspect but they are interested in speaking to anyone who knows or has had contact with Holmes.

"All the evidence we have, every single indicator, is that... this is all Mr. Holmes' activity and that he wasn't particularly aided by anyone else," Oates said in an exclusive interview Sunday on "Face the Nation. "We're building a case to show that this was a deliberative process by a very intelligent man who wanted to do this."

Oates said the person brought in to be questioned on Saturday "was a casual consequence."

"The relationship was real inconsequential," he said. "t's really an inconsequential matter."

Oates Also discussed the sophistication of Holmes' apartment which was rigged full of explosives. "I think it speaks volumes about his intelligence and his deliberation and his cold-bloodedness. I could not believe the pictures I saw from the robot about the way this thing was designed."

A computer was obtained from Holmes' apartment and has been handed over the FBI for analysis, which Oates said will be part of an exhaustive investigation.

As Holmes was dressed in armor similar to SWAT team members, Oates said he is "so proud" of two officers who spotted part of Holmes' costume that differs from what a SWAT team member would be wearing. "So kudos to my two cops who grabbed this guy and that sharp observation that they made immediately that led them to suspect him as being the suspect," Oates said.

Video at Link

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 03:20:57 PM »

The Joker thinks he's in a movie: 'Crazy' behaviour of Dark Knight massacre gunman in prison revealed

The Dark Knight massacre suspect James Holmes is behaving in an irrational manner, showing no remorse and believes he is in a movie, according to prison employees.

Arrested without a struggle early Friday morning, Holmes reportedly has begun spitting indiscriminately as he is held at Arapahoe Detention Center and has been placed in solitary confinement for his own safety.

'He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards,' said one inmate who left the jail today.
'He's spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy.'

Furthermore, 24-year-old Holmes' lack of any form of contrition for his crimes is unsettling prison employees.

'Let's just say he hasn't shown any remorse,' said a staff member at Arapahoe Detention Center.

'He thinks he's acting in a movie.'

Placed on suicide watch and put in solitary confinement, Holmes apparently ate a breakfast of grits and sausage. ::snipping2::

'He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards,' said one inmate who left the jail today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176965/The-Joker-thinks-hes-movie-Crazy-behaviour-Dark-Knight-massacre-gunman-prison-revealed.html#ixzz21Ne8Vd96

Furthermore, 24-year-old Holmes' lack of any form of contrition for his crimes is unsettling prison employees.

'Let's just say he hasn't shown any remorse,' said a staff member at Arapahoe Detention Center.

'He thinks he's acting in a movie.
'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176965/The-Joker-thinks-hes-movie-Crazy-behaviour-Dark-Knight-massacre-gunman-prison-revealed.html#ixzz21NeEhzAn

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176965/The-Joker-thinks-hes-movie-Crazy-behaviour-Dark-Knight-massacre-gunman-prison-revealed.html#ixzz21NdC3FGc

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

Aurora shooting victim Ashley Moser, shot in the belly, was pregnant with a child who also survived the attack: report

Pregnant 25-year-old Ashley Moser — and the living, breathing baby she is still carrying in her womb — somehow survived a vicious fusillade from a semiautomatic assault rifle that struck her three times.

By Erin Durkin AND Douglas Feiden / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
Updated: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 10:05 PM

Out of Friday's “Dark Knight” rampage in Aurora has come news of a miracle: the unborn child of a severely injured victim of the massacre has survived — despite at least one bullet puncturing her mother’s abdomen.

Pregnant 25-year-old Ashley Moser — and the living, breathing baby she is still carrying in her womb — somehow survived a vicious fusillade from a semiautomatic assault rifle that struck her three times. But the good news was undercut by tragedy — Moser’s angelic, 6-year-old daughter Veronica had become the youngest victim of crazed, Joker-inspired shooting suspect James Holmes.

Battling for her own life and the life of her unborn child, Moser’s family did not tell her about  Veronica’s death until late Saturday. A solemn delegation — her own mother, a doctor and a chaplain — broke the unforgiving news. Bubbly, blond, blue-eyed, ice cream-loving Veronica was one of the 12 massacred innocents. “I want to die!” Mosley screamed out when she received the news, according to the Daily Mail. But she fought instead to live — and not only for herself. “I don’t know how, but she still has the baby,” her brother Robert Sierra told the Daily Mail. “[Saturday], I was told she had lost it and today it’s OK. It’s a miracle as she was shot in the stomach.” A local ABC News affiliate also confirmed the pregnancy.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/veronica-moser-youngest-theater-shooter-james-holmes-victims-aurora-dark-knight-rises-movie-screening-attack-article-1.1119600#ixzz21PYudNah
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »

The Joker thinks he's in a movie: 'Crazy' behaviour of Dark Knight massacre gunman in prison revealed

The Dark Knight massacre suspect James Holmes is behaving in an irrational manner, showing no remorse and believes he is in a movie, according to prison employees.

Arrested without a struggle early Friday morning, Holmes reportedly has begun spitting indiscriminately as he is held at Arapahoe Detention Center and has been placed in solitary confinement for his own safety.

'He thinks he's acting in a movie.'

Placed on suicide watch and put in solitary confinement, Holmes apparently ate a breakfast of grits and sausage. ::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176965/The-Joker-thinks-hes-movie-Crazy-behaviour-Dark-Knight-massacre-gunman-prison-revealed.html#ixzz21Ne8Vd96

'He thinks he's acting in a movie.
'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176965/The-Joker-thinks-hes-movie-Crazy-behaviour-Dark-Knight-massacre-gunman-prison-revealed.html#ixzz21NeEhzAn

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176965/The-Joker-thinks-hes-movie-Crazy-behaviour-Dark-Knight-massacre-gunman-prison-revealed.html#ixzz21NdC3FGc

Edit to add link.  MB  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001925/

Schizophrenia

Symptoms

Schizophrenia symptoms usually develop slowly over months or years. Sometimes you may have many symptoms, and at other times you may only have a few symptoms.

People with any type of schizophrenia may have trouble keeping friends and working. They may also have problems with anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts or behaviors.

At first, you may have the following symptoms:

Irritable or tense feeling

Trouble concentrating

Trouble sleeping

As the illness continues, you may have problems with thinking, emotions, and behavior, including:

Bizarre behaviors

Hearing or seeing things that are not there (hallucinations)

Isolation

Lack of emotion (flat affect)

Problems paying attention

Strongly held beliefs that are not real (delusions)

I wonder if the defense will go with this since he thinks he's the Joker now
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:15:50 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »

Colorado massacre suspect heads to court as Batman mask, poster found at apartment

By Adam Housley

Published July 23, 2012

AURORA, Colo. –  The suspected gunman in a massacre at a Colorado movie theater heads to court Monday as investigators reveal he is refusing to cooperate.

Holmes has "lawyered up," and will not speak to investigators,  Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Sunday.

"He's not talking to us," the chief said.

Also Sunday, investigators searching Holmes' apartment found multiple Batman-related items. A law enforcement source confirms to Fox News investigators seized a Batman poster and a mask connected to the Batman movies from Holmes' apartment, though they did not say which character the mask was of.  ::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/23/investigators-find-batman-mask-poster-at-movie-theater-massacre-suspect/#ixzz21RwPYFkp

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.