March 29, 2024, 03:37:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940541 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 01:13:03 AM »

American tourist dies at Baby Beach?

http://www.awe24.com/20120806/11472/Homber_turista_a_hoga_ora_ela_bay_rescata_su_casa_cu_tabata_den_lama_bruto_na

man tourist owing to hoga hour ela bay rescata his casa cu was in lama bruto at baby beach

version policial.. monday nightfall for more or less 13:30 hrs, central of police is achieve one call of cu one person will is perdi in lama, just pafo of the mouth of baby beach. autoridadnan necesario (kustwacht, police maritimo, slachtofferhulp, helicopter of police, brandweer, sarfa, etc, etc).ta being send at the sitio y eynan they're come encontra cu several boluntario (civil) cu was buscando in lama end. after of more or less 1 hour of buskeda owing to come encontra the curpa without life of the victima, the tourist masculino: danny roundfield u.s.a. 26 of half 1953 hospedando cu his madam in renaissance hotel according declaracionnan at the sitio the madam will owing to haye in problem in lama bruto y the victima will owing to save his madam pe the hour ey wordo lastra the self door of lama bruto y corriente strong. till so far not have niun indicacion of cu is deal here of one crimen but more bien of one caso of hogamento in lama bruto. recherche have the caso. slachtofferhulp of police is dunando sosten at the madam of the victima. of part of awe24.com y cuerpo policial wanted send condolencia at the family of the victima. come across

If I understand it correctly, the man drowned trying to save his wife.   

I've highlighted the part that I think says that above in blue.

May he rest in peace.   Sad an angelic monkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Roundfield

Danny (Dan) Thomas Roundfield (born May 26, 1953 in Detroit, Michigan) is a retired American professional basketball player. The 6'8" forward/center graduated from Chadsey Senior High School in 1971. On the collegiate scene, Roundfield was twice selected to the All-Mid-American Conference Team for Central Michigan University; he was also the 1975 M.A.C. Player of the Year.

Roundfield spent 11 seasons in the National Basketball Association, playing for the Indiana Pacers (1976–1978), Atlanta Hawks (1978–1984), Detroit Pistons (1984–1985), and Washington Bullets (1985–1987). Roundfield earned a reputation as a strong rebounder and tenacious defender, and during his career he was named to five NBA All-Defensive teams and three All-Star teams. His nickname was Dr. Rounds.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2012, 01:21:46 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51096:homber-cu-a-hoga-na-baby-beach-tabata-un-nba-all-star-&catid=1:local&Itemid=5

Papiamentu translation:

man cu owing to hoga at baby beach was one nba all star

monday, 06 august 2012 19:54

he dan roundfield cu monday afternoon owing to lose his life in sea at aruba was acolyte of nba all star team at three ocasion. roundfield was conoci for is one hungador defensivo much podereso. the was have one carera profesional for 11 anja. the was of vacacion at aruba y owing to hoga in the area of baby beach monday afternoon.

COMMENTS:

scirbi for hooiberg, august 06, 2012
in another word we can wait for cobertura of media mericano again, hooopi maloooo self. -2 come across...

scirbi for good aruban, august 06, 2012
my have to owing to read the commentario anterior two trip because my not can owing to believe cu have person so cruel;.e poor man owing to hoga hour past owing to try scapa life of his senjora then now the preocupacion of hooiberg is cu we is go hanja ccbertura of the media mericano. foei, foe, foei. bad ehempel hooiberg. acaso do you not have corazon come across.bonita word of you for prensa mericano publica. esey if is give aruba one good name again. very tristo self thing owing to happen. the pareha here owing to escohe aruba for come happen they vakantie then algo tristo so have cu happen. much compel at his senjora y family, sosega at paz sr, roundfield. come across

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2012, 09:05:07 AM »

This is really sad, he seemed like a great man.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/Catching_Up_With_Dan_Roundfield_012606.html
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/122864-introductie-waarschuwingsborden-en-strandwachten-vastgelopen

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:07 The mortal remains of Dan Field Round by members of the fire is carried away on Baby Beach.SAN NICOLAS - The dropping of warning signs and the introduction of lifeguards on beaches as Baby Beach is still stuck in the bureaucracy. This says Tourism Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) at Daily Herald. Now yesterday, another tourist, a former professional basketball in the United States, was drowned at Baby Beach, says he to have put extra pressure on the implementation of the plan for two years there.by our reporterAriën RasmijnIn response to the drowning Minister Oduber said this morning that he has ordered to speed up the warning signs, buoys and lifeguards, including at Baby Beach. In recent years, there are regular tourist drowned while swimming or snorkeling. "It's all stuck in the bureaucratic mill. In the past two years there is still everything to bear as the TPEF fund. We still need, for example with government DIP DOW and talk about where the signs now are allowed to be placed. Management should also formulate legislation the liability, "said the minister. Meanwhile, make the American media reported the drowning of former NBA player Dan Round Field. Minister Oduber said to have been informed.In 2010, announced Minister Oduber stated that there were signs and lifeguards would come and that this would fall under Aruba Marine Foundation. Aruba Hotel Security Foundation (AHSF) then gave the Amigoe also expressed in full-time lifeguards when hiring. The foundation, which falls under Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (Ahata), co-funded that year, the certification of 24 lifeguards. However, there were not enough funds. Also lacked an appropriate legal arrangement, whereby the liability for accidents among users of the beach remains, says AHSF. ::snipping2::

Hard flow

The announcement of the loss of Round Field yesterday was one thirty in the afternoon inside. According to police spokesperson John Larmonie volunteers were already in the water searching for victims when emergency services arrived. According to witnesses the victim and his wife went snorkeling while currently quite turbulent sea. The woman got into trouble at some point, Round Field shot to her aid but was supported by the strong currents and waves dragged further out. Eventually, the woman is the way to achieve, but Round Field disappeared.

Under a rock

The Coast Guard sent a helicopter to Baby Beach and SARFA Search & Rescue was activated. Carlos Peterson was the first of two SARFA volunteers who arrived. Together with an employee of the maritime police, an American diver and a local volunteer, they went into the water to Round Field to search. After a long search, Peterson was the victim along with the American diver. "We found the victim wedged under a rock. At that time he had no snorkel equipment anymore. Given the position he stuck clamped, I think he was in a last attempt tried to himself pushing up, but his strength was short. "When asked if Round Field and his wife served were with warning signs, says Peterson," The flow there is so hard and the waves are so unpredictable. I think the government should prohibit tourists even in that neighborhood to go snorkeling. "

2 4 1
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/251221/40/Ex-Hawks-All-Star-Dan-Roundfield-drowns-in-Aruba
Ex-Hawks All-Star Dan Roundfield drowns in Aruba
Aruba police spokesman John Larmonie says Roundfield and his wife were caught in strong currents Monday while swimming beyond a protected reef area on the southeastern tip of the island. Roundfield helped his wife to safety but then the current swept away the 59-year-old former player.

Larmonie says a search team found Dan Roundfield's body underwater about 90 minutes after he was swept away, trapped by rocks. Officials said Roundfield's wife was still on the island Tuesday after being treated for shock.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/122864-introductie-waarschuwingsborden-en-strandwachten-vastgelopen

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:07

The mortal remains of Dan Field Round by members of the fire is carried away on Baby Beach.

SAN NICOLAS - The dropping of warning signs and the introduction of lifeguards on beaches as Baby Beach is still stuck in the bureaucracy. This says Tourism Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) at Daily Herald. Now yesterday, another tourist, a former professional basketball in the United States, was drowned at Baby Beach, says he to have put extra pressure on the implementation of the plan for two years there.by our reporterAriën RasmijnIn response to the drowning Minister Oduber said this morning that he has ordered to speed up the warning signs, buoys and lifeguards, including at Baby Beach. In recent years, there are regular tourist drowned while swimming or snorkeling. "It's all stuck in the bureaucratic mill. In the past two years there is still everything to bear as the TPEF fund. We still need, for example with government DIP DOW and talk about where the signs now are allowed to be placed. Management should also formulate legislation the liability, "said the minister. Meanwhile, make the American media reported the drowning of former NBA player Dan Round Field. Minister Oduber said to have been informed.In 2010, announced Minister Oduber stated that there were signs and lifeguards would come and that this would fall under Aruba Marine Foundation. Aruba Hotel Security Foundation (AHSF) then gave the Amigoe also expressed in full-time lifeguards when hiring. The foundation, which falls under Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (Ahata), co-funded that year, the certification of 24 lifeguards. However, there were not enough funds. Also lacked an appropriate legal arrangement, whereby the liability for accidents among users of the beach remains, says AHSF. ::snipping2::

Hard flow

The announcement of the loss of Round Field yesterday was one thirty in the afternoon inside. According to police spokesperson John Larmonie volunteers were already in the water searching for victims when emergency services arrived. According to witnesses the victim and his wife went snorkeling while currently quite turbulent sea. The woman got into trouble at some point, Round Field shot to her aid but was supported by the strong currents and waves dragged further out. Eventually, the woman is the way to achieve, but Round Field disappeared.

Under a rock

The Coast Guard sent a helicopter to Baby Beach and SARFA Search & Rescue was activated. Carlos Peterson was the first of two SARFA volunteers who arrived. Together with an employee of the maritime police, an American diver and a local volunteer, they went into the water to Round Field to search. After a long search, Peterson was the victim along with the American diver. "We found the victim wedged under a rock. At that time he had no snorkel equipment anymore. Given the position he stuck clamped, I think he was in a last attempt tried to himself pushing up, but his strength was short. "When asked if Round Field and his wife served were with warning signs, says Peterson," The flow there is so hard and the waves are so unpredictable. I think the government should prohibit tourists even in that neighborhood to go snorkeling. "

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »

Sorry, intended on sharing that post in Robyn's thread.

Long day...

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

This is very sad news and my prays go out to his family. On a side note it is interesting that when its an accident the lost can be recovered in 90 minutes with only 2 or 3 divers in the area, while other examples of those missing are never found.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:46 PM »

Looks like they found the hit and run driver from the Club 21. Picture of the girl at link. She is beautiful.

http://www.diario.aw/

Chauffeur di hit & run a entrega su mes na husticia

Publication: Tuesday, 7 August 2012. Categoria: Policial

Victima ta na bida ainda…

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Albert V. di 31 aña ta e chauffeur cu a dal un señora peaton diasabra marduga dilanti Club 21 y sigui core bay.

Consenshi di e chauffeur a traha riba dje cu a pone entrega su mes dialuna atardi na man di husticia.

Departamento di trafico a papia cu varios testigo y purba di saca afor ken ta e chauffeur cu a dal e señora a bay asina leu pa mira si tin camaranan den e area cu por yuda na pone man riba e chofer.

Any guesses on Albert V.?

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »

Albert Vrolijk? 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »

Albert Vrolijk? 

He's the right age...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=203.0

Albert Vrolijk aka DJ 101: http://www.zorpia.com/dj101
Birth date listed as 1982-04-10.

Birth date: April 10, 1982

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »

Looks like they found the hit and run driver from the Club 21. Picture of the girl at link. She is beautiful.

Chauffeur di hit & run a entrega su mes na husticia

Publication: Tuesday, 7 August 2012. Categoria: Policial

Victima ta na bida ainda…

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Albert V. di 31 aña ta e chauffeur cu a dal un señora peaton diasabra marduga dilanti Club 21 y sigui core bay.

Consenshi di e chauffeur a traha riba dje cu a pone entrega su mes dialuna atardi na man di husticia.

Departamento di trafico a papia cu varios testigo y purba di saca afor ken ta e chauffeur cu a dal e señora a bay asina leu pa mira si tin camaranan den e area cu por yuda na pone man riba e chofer.

Any guesses on Albert V.?

If I understand the translation correctly, he turned himself in.

Papiamentu translation:

chauffeur of hit & run owing to entrega his self at husticia

publication: tuesday, 7 august 2012.

categoria: policial victima is at life ainda…

oranjestad(aan): albert v. of 31 year is the chauffeur cu owing to strike one madam peaton saturday marduga fast club 21 y follow core bay. consenshi of the chauffeur owing to work on dje cu owing to place entrega his self monday nightfall at hand of husticia. departamento of trafico owing to talk cu several witness y try of saca afor that is the chauffeur cu owing to strike the madam owing to bay so far for see if have camaranan in the area cu can help at place hand on the chofer. come across

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54:39 PM »

Albert Vrolijk? 

He's the right age...

That's who I thought of, and I think he is always out partying.

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2012, 11:38:19 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=255.0

Panties – Polka-dotted underwear found near huts on June 14, 2005 by Charles Rafini and Albert Vrolijk (top 95 DJ’s).  Other reports were that the underwear was a pink floral pattern.  Panties were reportedly for a much larger woman than Natalee.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:31 AM »

Albert Vrolijk? 

He's the right age...

That's who I thought of, and I think he is always out partying.

http://www.myspace.com/nextt101

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 12:19:45 AM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=301:dj-101&catid=9:crew&Itemid=16

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2012, 12:48:04 AM »

In his official May 31, 2005 witness statement Joran van der Sloot told the interrogator that he and Natalee Holloway had been dropped off at the beach.  However ... the beach was not searched until June 14th following a conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and Mickey John while both were detained.

Janet

+++++

Posted 6/14/2005 2:51 PM     Updated 6/15/2005 10:09 AM
Aruban police come up empty-handed in search for teen

<snipped>

Police converged on a mangrove swamp near the Marriott Tuesday, a secluded area behind the beach dotted with fishermen's huts, to search for Natalee Holloway after being told that the young men who were last seen with her had lied about where they dropped her off. Workers used a firetruck to drain a pond in the middle of the swamp. ....

Police converged on a mangrove swamp near the Marriott Tuesday, a secluded area behind the beach dotted with fishermen's huts, to search for Natalee Holloway after being told that the young men who were last seen with her had lied about where they dropped her off. Workers used a firetruck to drain a pond in the middle of the swamp. ....

Mickey John, who was released Monday from the jail where the suspects are being held, said one of those suspects told him that a "very drunk" Holloway was dropped off near the Marriott Hotel, 10 blocks from the Holiday Inn where she had been staying, said John's lawyer, Noriana Pietersz. John said he was told that Holloway was dropped off with another of the suspects near a beach area known as a lovers' lane. ....

Witnesses said that during Tuesday's search, Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, arrived in a police car and became hysterical after talking to officers. "Her body became limp. They had to help her walk," said Denise Leinhardt, a vacationer from Boca Raton, Fla. ....

The secluded area where the search was taking place had been visited earlier in the day by a radio deejay and his friends, who were looking for clues in the disappearance. The deejay, Albert Vrolijk, said he found two pairs of panties, condoms and some duct tape around a kwihi tree.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-06-14-aruba-search_x.htm

klaasend
Joran van der Sloot - May 31, 2005 statement and addendum from BFN
« on: May 30, 2008, 06:24:23 PM »

Proces Verbaal (PV-statement)

I, Shanira Baldrik Kelly, officer at the Korps Police Aruba, at the Recherche district 2, state the following:
On Tuesday May 31 2005 around 11:20 I, Kelly have interrogated J.A. VAN DER SLOOT.

During the interrogation I, KELLY, have asked the witness, who was in the company of his father if they had stopped somewhere before they dropped of the girl at the hotel.

The witness VAN DER SLOOT had told me that they, in the neighborhood of the Fisherman's huts had stopped briefly.

I, KELLY had further asked the witness VAN DER SLOOT if they had went in the water. The witness VAN DER SLOOT answered that he and the girl only had went into the water up to their feet.

During me putting the statement on paper I KELLY, have forgotten to put this in the statement.

Of which I KELLY, made under oath of duty closed and signed on Bubali May 31 2005.

SB Kelly. (signed)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2876.0

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=255.0

Panties – Polka-dotted underwear found near huts on June 14, 2005 by Charles Rafini and Albert Vrolijk (top 95 DJ’s).  Other reports were that the underwear was a pink floral pattern.  Panties were reportedly for a much larger woman than Natalee.

Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 48:  Alberto and Claudio go back and forth between the group and my car to update me on the conversation.

Page 49:  Joran describest Natalee's underwear with the dark blue embroidery and the flowers. ...

Aruban Police Begin New Search on Beach
Published June 14, 2005

Reporters from local radio station Top 95 launched their own search before police arrived, and found and gave to police a pair of torn pink-and-white polka dot panties and three condoms, two of them used, said one of the journalists, Albert Vrolijk.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159589,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/123046-aanleg-boeien-en-borden-op-baby-beach

Google translation:

Construction signs and buoys at Baby Beach         

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2012 10:05

Minister Oduber on Baby Beach, next to her Finance Minister and local resident Mike Meza and include representatives of the Red Cross, and DOW States member Chris Dammers.

SAN NICOLAS - Commissioned by the government next week started with the construction of buoys in the sea near Baby Beach. The buoys must warn swimmers to where they can stand, where only experienced swimmers are allowed to car and from where the current is too hard to safely swim. The reason for the construction is yet another drowning before yesterday. Also, there are warning signs quickly.

This says Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) for Tourism, Labour and Transport. This morning during a press conference at the popular beach on the east side of the island Oduber told that there are lifeguards. Moreover, he goes to sit down with Infrastructure Minister Benny Sevinger (AVP) to talk about a way to the strong currents there to change or diminish. Direct result of the conference and the action is the drowning of former U.S. basketball player Dan Round Field day before yesterday. The minister says that Aruba must guard against its reputation with visitors. "This is an increasingly popular swimming place. Therefore, in recent times more incidents. Even local people do not always know what's going with the flow here, "said the minister. As in past years hurricanes have come close, the situation is completely changed at Baby Beach, which was strong currents. "We're going to ask Minister Sevinger permanent adjustments to make to that situation," said Oduber. "We have long done to ensure a coordinated approach, but now all services are in order in the next week to two weeks to get this done."

Wait a beach n

Yesterday, the minister still Amigoe know that the introduction of safety devices on beaches such as Baby Beach two years stuck by red tape. Thus, Directorate of Legislation and Legal Affairs (DWJZ) is still the responsibility of lifeguards to settle. Today the Minister said that with funding from the Tourism Product Enhancement Fund (TPEF) and the Red Cross Aruba Marine Park Foundation as a pilot project lifeguards will introduce at Baby Beach. If it was not said. In 2010, 24 lifeguards, with funding from, inter alia, Aruba Hotel Security Foundation (AHSF), trained and certified. These individuals were never used as a lifeguard.

Boeie n

Pending lifeguards are therefore already posted signs and buoys. Sea Solutions, a company that constructs mooring buoys for hotels, will make a plan for the construction of the buoys. Manager Olyses Mata Rossi indicates that the government has directly approached his company to do this. "We will conduct an investigation into the seabed and will draw a yellow line of buoys to where swimmers may stand. There is a second line, a blue, which indicates that only good swimmers can go behind. Finally, a third line drawn. Behind the orange line, the flow is too hard and it is too dangerous to swim, "said Mata Rossi. These strong currents, combined with the clear water with many fish, according to him the great danger of Eagle Beach. "Snorkelers attention only on the clean water, white sand and the many fish and do not notice that they are entrained by the flow until it is too late and they can not go back," he explains. In addition to the buoys, the presence of a lifeguard find important Mata Rossi. "They can ensure that those who do not read the signs and still goes swimming in time return."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/123056-situatie-jongeren-zorgelijk

Google translation:

'Situation youth worrying'

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2012 10:05

The organization of the addiction conference at the press conference yesterday. With all right Jan van der Straten and in the middle Minister Visser.

ORANGE CITY - The situation of young people is "worrying" according to a recent study by the University of Aruba-school youth. More is known about this, because the results only on a major international conference on addiction and will be announced. This takes place at 26.27 and 28 September.

That was announced yesterday by the organization, Fundacion pa Maneho Adiccion di di Aruba (FMAA) and the Dutch Parnassia Bavo Group where this umbrella organization is working with. 'Congress 2012, addiction? Our care! " is the name of this congress which a variety of professionals in the field of addiction prevention and mental health, and on behalf of the shopkeepers and police speak. The goal is to inform the field about the developments, but says drugs coordinator Jan van der Straten yesterday, a wider audience. "It costs only 100 florins for three days, to make it as accessible as possible. There is on 26 september evening also a free session for parents, teachers and young people aged fourteen years. "There is limited space (up to 84 people) so pre-registration is required. It is an interactive session given by the chairman of the Dutch knowledge institute Trimbos, Jan Walburg, where the goal is to create a program where young people are resilient against addiction.

The announcement of this conference is clear that something is going on among the young. But both the organization and also the present Minister of Health (AVP), would not give details. On the website specially created for the Congress (www.congresverslavingaruba2012.com) states that on the first day at half past eleven in the afternoon Herbert Diaz of the Center for Research & Development of the university the results of a survey 2011-2012 school goes present. The problem is huge, says Van der Straten. One of the goals of the conference is so 'take cognizance of the results', 'with particular concern the situation of young people' is mentioned. Minister Visser talks about a new baseline study that examines where addicts come from. During the conference is therefore to discuss the "weaknesses" in the society in which young people fall prey to. The speakers are talking not only about drug addiction for example, but also about alcohol and gambling.

The Minister and Van der Straten however, argue that the past two years has created an entire revolution in addiction in Aruba. With the privatization of care, the ward can ask of them obliged to treat addicts, the introduction of an emergency line, together with the Capriles Clinic in Curaçao. "You should know how many addicts who were first on the street, in treatment," says Van der Straten. The treatment and rehabilitation centers are filled according to him. There is in the downtown still a hard core of about 25 addicts and consequently is now tried again to get in touch. "But we need not just discriminate. Addicts keep people on the street and not everyone is addicted, but there are also among the mentally ill. "Van der Straten also said that Aruba will soon receive an addiction psychiatrist and a physician addiction and multiple therapists. At the congress in September, he expects at least 300 participants. One of the goals is also to see if there may be regional and international cooperation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.