March 28, 2024, 11:17:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940373 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2012, 12:10:05 AM »

Makes one wonder if the tourist picked up the wrong local for a one night stand. 

My understanding is that it was a couple there on vacation that were asleep in their hotel room when the thief came in from the balcony and robbed them.  I think that's probably the "couple" in the picture below from the article.  jmo

http://www.awe24.com/20120829/11685/Mientras_pareha_turista_tabata_drumi_den_camber_di_e_hotel_ladron_a_drenta_y

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2012, 12:24:25 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »

It is interesting how easy it is to kill someone and be acquitted in the Netherlands or Aruba. I don't know if anyone has followed this story, but a Mariner(Dutch National) player was killed by his brother who was just recently acquitted. A very sad story!
Edit to add link provided by KTF. MB

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8316892/court-acquits-brother-seattle-mariners-greg-halman-fatal-stabbing
Updated August 30, 2012
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:41:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »

It is interesting how easy it is to kill someone and be acquitted in the Netherlands or Aruba. I don't know if anyone has followed this story, but a Mariner(Dutch National) player was killed by his brother who was just recently acquitted. A very sad story!
Forgot the link    Thank you KTF

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8316892/court-acquits-brother-seattle-mariners-greg-halman-fatal-stabbing
Updated August 30, 2012
Edit to add date article updated.  MB
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:42:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2012, 05:32:46 PM »

Left a post in musings.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »

Edit to add link provided by KTF. MB

Updated August 30, 2012

Yes, it is very sad...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13361.msg1537297#msg1537297

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET tonight!

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2012, 11:12:20 PM »

Makes one wonder if the tourist picked up the wrong local for a one night stand. 

My understanding is that it was a couple there on vacation that were asleep in their hotel room when the thief came in from the balcony and robbed them.  I think that's probably the "couple" in the picture below from the article.  jmo

http://www.awe24.com/20120829/11685/Mientras_pareha_turista_tabata_drumi_den_camber_di_e_hotel_ladron_a_drenta_y

Thanks for the clarification!  Obviously I need more practice with even translated Papiamentu.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »

"TRAGEDY CREATES AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
Beth Holloway, 2010

The Pledge

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 189:
    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)

Mother of missing student in Aruba creates missing persons resource center at DC museum
By Associated Press
10:04 AM CDT, May 28, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) — The mother of an Alabama teen who disappeared five years ago in Aruba is opening a resource center to help families of missing persons.

Beth Holloway has created the Natalee Holloway Resource Center, named for her daughter who went missing during a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island. The center will be based at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in downtown Washington.

The nonprofit center aims to provide families with an action plan, examples of missing person posters, contacts, media liaisons and other services to guide families during crises. Officials also say they will provide educational programs on safe traveling and crime prevention and encourage careers in forensic science and law enforcement.

http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-dc--missingpersonscenter,0,5675542.story

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »

"TRAGEDY CREATES AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
Beth Holloway, 2010

Others Might Learn

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 189:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Page 200:  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge. It's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professionals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS / BETH HOLLOWAY

How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity? Do we all have the capacity to overcome tragedy? How does one keep going? You will be uplifted by the remarkable story of Beth Holloway. How does she stay strong? Imagine being able to apply her philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength to your own life.

© 2012 Premiere Speakers Bureau

http://premierespeakers.com/beth_holloway
http://premierespeakers.com/beth_holloway/bio

s.t.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2012/09/03/37-miljoen-kijkers-voor-vijf-zoekende-agriers-en-de-mannen-kijken-verplicht-mee/

Google translation

3 September 2012
Looking back: first Boer seeking women - and the men looked into

Yesterday went Farmer seeks woman again in the sixth season. And the farmers remain popular, as it turned out. The show was good for 3.7 million viewers. (For comparison Studio Soccer attracted 1,155,000 viewers and the evening news 2,690,000).

Farmer seeks woman stands since 2005 in the top 3 most watched programs each year. In the recent television history was once a non-sports more popular: in 2008, 7.1 million viewers watched the episode of Peter R. de Vries which Joran van der Sloot statements that were recorded using a hidden camera.
 ::snipping2::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: September 03, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »

http://arubaherald.com/local/3322-mystery-surrounds-digging-in-arashi-beach-area.html

Mystery surrounds digging in Arashi Beach area

People visiting Arashi Beach on Saturday were angered by digging activities taking place in the ocean. Police received several calls and checked in the area various times, but did not find the heavy equipment in the ocean, until later, during a routine patrol, maritime police spotted the vehicle digging off the shore. It remains a mystery who is responsible for the digging and what the intention is.

More photos at the link above

http://www.awe24.com/20120901/11739/Polis_a_bay_Malmok_pa_atende_un_payloader_den_lama_haciendo_trabaonan_pero_nan

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:07:39 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: September 03, 2012, 04:08:40 PM »

FYI as a reminder - Arashi is near the Lighthouse and Malmok is where the Gottenbos home was back in 2005.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »

Was the changing story that emerged on June 14th ... the changing story "Natalee was left at the beach" a distraction from the truth ... the truth encompassing the happenings in the early morning of May 30th which ocurred at the lighthouse ... at Arashi Beach.

IN THE BEGINNING - ARASHI

Joran van der Sloot - Witness Statement - May 31, 2005

The girl then had told me that she wanted to go to the North Coast to see sharks. I had told her that there were no sharks to be seen at the North Coast. She answered that there were sharks there and that she had seen them already. We decided to drive into that direction then. We had driven to the "Lighthouse". On the way there the girl had asked us where we were taking her. She further told us to bring her to the Holiday Inn because the next day she would have to travel back to the United States. We drove past the Lighthouse and after that to the Holiday Inn Hotel.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2876.0

Satish Kalpoe - Witness Statement - May 31, 2005

In the car, the white blonde said girl said to Joran that they should go to the North side of Aruba to see sharks. Deepak decided to drive to the North side of Aruba so that the girl could see sharks. ...

When we arrived at the Lighthouse, I asked my brother if Joran and the girl would get out of the car to see the sharks. I told my brother that Joran and the little girl were kissing and that they probably would not leave the car. ... 

Then my brother drove to the Holiday Inn to drop the girl off there.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=330.0

Deepak Kalpoe - Witness Statement - May 31, 2005

I drove at the request of the girl in the direction of the Lighthouse, because the girl wanted to see it. After we drove up along side the Lighthouse, I returned to the Sasakiweg (main road?). Joran told me that the girl had fallen asleep.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=328.0

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »

THE JUNE 10TH CONFESSION

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, June 12, 2005
Aruba Case Appears Stalled

Holloway's family rushed late Friday to an old stone lighthouse beside Arisha beach after Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that one of three young men in custody admitted that "something bad happened" to Holloway and was leading police to the scene of the alleged crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/10/national/main700829.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »

THE PERSISTENCE FIND

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:
  While we were searching shortly before Christmas, we were contacted by an Aruban detective who was involved in the Holloway case.

Kyle Kingman: Just before Christmas they are contacted by a detective and his brother who gave them information that turned out to be the correct latitude.

Kyle Kingman: He came to us during the search along with his brother who had a "vision" on where Natalee was disposed.

Kyle Kingman: The brother thought they were coordinates, but it was just a latitude. Oddly, the latitude was within a half mile from where we found the trap and centered on Arashi beach

Kyle Kingman: Based on this latitude we payed a little more attention to the northern portions of the search grid near that Latitude. The trap was found shortly after, within the original search area, but very close to the provided latitude.

Kyle Kingman:  I think he used his brother and gave us only the amount of information he felt we needed to come across the trap.

Kyle Kingman:  If a key detective's brother knew the latitude the trap was disposed at or very near, then it's probable the detective knew the same.

Kyle Kingman:  The implications of this are tremendous. If true, it means that the early investigators knew where and how Natalee was disposed and it was kept secret and covered up.

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »

FYI as a reminder - Arashi is near the Lighthouse and Malmok is where the Gottenbos home was back in 2005.

KOEN GOTTENBOS - THE BOAT

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 118
- Sometime in early July 2005, Robin and I saw Deputy Police Comissioner Gerold Dompig's son and another young man who appeared to have similar descriptive features of Steve Croes, the Tattoo party boat disc jockey who had been arrested and released, trying to pick up a girl in the Holiday Inn lobby hallway and get her to go to Carlos and Charlie's. The girl was offering resistance and trying to distance herself from these two. As the guys were walking by, young Dompig noticed me and immediately discontinued his activity. The other kid realized he was getting nowhere with the girl and started in on another set of women. I walked up to Dompig, and he seemed a little embarrassed that we had witnessed his actions. He then started talking about the case, and during this conversation he mentioned that he had heard that Paulus van der Sloot had borrowed a friend's boat on either the night of Natalee's disappearance or the next day and that he was allegedly involved with Natalee's murder. That brought to mind one of Joran's statements. He referred to a friend by the name of Koen Gottenbos. Apparently, this friend's father owned a boat. The message was that this boat was used to take Natalee out to sea. Another boat that was also mentioned by him was the Pair A Dice, which is a local boat from Aruba.

Page 181 - Art and I talked to Ms. Flanagan about all the red flags that we were seeing and that we thought Koen, Joran, and Deepak took Natalee out in the boat. She agreed with that theory. She added that the reason she had left the case was because she thought Koen was lying, and when she asked the police to reinterview him, they refused. We told her that we were going to talk to the prime minister the next day to lay it all out.

Page 177 - After Dompig heard we had found the boat, he indicated that he was going to bring Koen in for questioning in a day or so. I told him that if they interviewed Koen, they might solve the case.

Page 182 - I asked Dompig to do the interview of Koen instead of having Jacobs do it. I became concerned because he said he would have to discuss it with Jacobs first. Several weeks later, I heard that Koens father had been interviewed, but Koen had not been questioned yet.

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »

Janet, do you have links for your last two posts? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »

Janet, do you have links for your last two posts? 

THE PERSISTENCE FIND

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:
  While we were searching shortly before Christmas, we were contacted by an Aruban detective who was involved in the Holloway case.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5922.msg975707;topicseen#msg975707

Kyle Kingman: Just before Christmas they are contacted by a detective and his brother who gave them information that turned out to be the correct latitude.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4656.msg714342;topicseen#msg714342

Kyle Kingman: He came to us during the search along with his brother who had a "vision" on where Natalee was disposed.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4804.msg757283;topicseen#msg757283

Kyle Kingman: The brother thought they were coordinates, but it was just a latitude. Oddly, the latitude was within a half mile from where we found the trap and centered on Arashi beach.

Kyle Kingman: Based on this latitude we payed a little more attention to the northern portions of the search grid near that Latitude. The trap was found shortly after, within the original search area, but very close to the provided latitude.

Kyle Kingman:  I think he used his brother and gave us only the amount of information he felt we needed to come across the trap.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4239.msg588188;topicseen#msg588188

Kyle Kingman:  If a key detective's brother knew the latitude the trap was disposed at or very near, then it's probable the detective knew the same.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4697.msg727330;topicseen#msg727330

Kyle Kingman:  The implications of this are tremendous. If true, it means that the early investigators knew where and how Natalee was disposed and it was kept secret and covered up.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4239.msg588188;topicseen#msg588188

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »

Muffy

Dave Holloway's book ... Corrupt in Paradise ... is the source of the Koen post.  I included the page numbers.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.