March 28, 2024, 10:54:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940369 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »

Grace

Thank you for the update.  The silence encompassing ANYTHING regarding what is going on behind the Peruvian scenes in regards to Joran van der Sloot has been deafening.

I realize it is not enough for the Flores family but ... I don't care what kind of a privileged prison life Joran may be afforded in Peru ... I am thankful he is not free ... thankful that other Natalees and Stephany's are not at risk.

Janet

++++++

EXCESSIVE PRIVILEGES SINCE THE FIRST DAY

Van der Sloot Gets 28 Years for Murder in Peru
Jan 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

<snipped>

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores.

Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »

You're welcome, Janet!  I agree with you; he is not free to hurt anyone else.  Bless Natalee and Stephany!
Nothing new in the strategy...He's still using the same ole defense strategy--

Joran Van der Sloot's lawyer plans to appeal every ruling that goes against his client and go over the head of the Peruvian justice system if he thinks he needs to. His plan is to "paralyze the process," Maximo Altez tells CNN.

http://www.newser.com/story/94095/van-der-sloot-lawyer-ill-paralyze-court-process.html

Van der Sloot Lawyer: I'll 'Paralyze' Court Process
Posted Jun 29, 2010 12:37 PM CDT
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »

You're welcome, Janet!  I agree with you; he is not free to hurt anyone else.  Bless Natalee and Stephany!
Nothing new in the strategy...He's still using the same ole defense strategy--

Joran Van der Sloot's lawyer plans to appeal every ruling that goes against his client and go over the head of the Peruvian justice system if he thinks he needs to. His plan is to "paralyze the process," Maximo Altez tells CNN.

http://www.newser.com/story/94095/van-der-sloot-lawyer-ill-paralyze-court-process.html

Van der Sloot Lawyer: I'll 'Paralyze' Court Process
Posted Jun 29, 2010 12:37 PM CDT

I believe Joran holds the ace in a deck of cards on so many levels in his ability to manipulate the Peruvian outcome in the Stephany Flores case.  The question is "Where is the financial backing coming from?"  Think about it.  If Joran talks and exposes all regarding higher ups within and without of the corrupted Aruban investigation ... the corrupt Aruban investigation that protected Joran from accountability and denied justice for Natalee Holloway ... the Aruban house of cards will collapse.  IMO

Janet

++++++

San
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #841 6/22/10 -
« Reply #1553 on: June 26, 2010, 12:47:13 AM »

I just have a feeling something even bigger is going to happen.  I have a feeling that Joran is going to throw people under the bus and start naming names.  Joran is mad and he will turn his anger towards Aruba for not helping him.  Everyone get ready to run.

People like:

Van der Straaten
Rudy Croes
Nelson Oduber
Karin Jannsen
Rick Smid
Bob Witt
Ben King
Michael Posner
Julia Renfro

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8145.msg1170391#msg1170391

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »

Beth Holloway - October, 2005

"They never—they never wanted to implicate these three young men.  They never wanted to implicate them from the beginning. And there is a list of reasons, you know, why we know that is true."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9796403/from/RL.2/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »

I don't believe there can be the kind of manipulation of the courts afforded Joran in Peru as was done in Aruba. (Not for him anyway, LOL)  Two very different worlds, Peru and Aruba.  Joran messed up and murdered the young  daughter of a highly regarded Peruvian public figure in Peru.  Joran was arrested, brought to trial and sentenced, and he's serving that sentence now.   He certainly didn't go free, did he?   I think it's Joran's attorney making noise like defense attorneys do.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »

I don't believe there can be the kind of manipulation of the courts afforded Joran in Peru as was done in Aruba. (Not for him anyway, LOL)  Two very different worlds, Peru and Aruba.  Joran messed up and murdered the young  daughter of a highly regarded Peruvian public figure in Peru.  Joran was arrested, brought to trial and sentenced, and he's serving that sentence now.   He certainly didn't go free, did he?   I think it's Joran's attorney making noise like defense attorneys do.  JMHO

I agree with everything that you said--especially about his defense attorney.  ::boxingjoran::
IMO
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/actualidad/1470959/noticia-abogado-van-der-sloot-afirma-que-corte-idh-evaluara-nuevo-juicio

Google translation

Monday September 17, 2012 16:32
Van der Sloot attorney says IACtHR evaluate new trial

The Inter-American Court of Human Rights (IACHR), whose headquarters are located in San José, Costa Rica, will evaluate the request for the defense of Joran van der Sloot to repeat the trial of the case Stephany Flores.

As reported, the Dutchman was sentenced to 28 years in prison for murdering the 21 year old said in May 2010.

His lawyer Max Altez confirmed to AFP that three months ago sent your application and just last week we reported the decision: "The Court has accepted the document and now I will evaluate, based on that will render a judgment. I am sure we will win. "

The defending European murderer said he has asked that the case back to square one and start a new process, because "rights were respected" Van der Sloot. "They have violated their rights to due process: irregular shape was extradited from Chile and Peru not put a translator," said Altez.
 ::snipping2::
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2012, 06:41:14 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/actualidad/1470959/noticia-abogado-van-der-sloot-afirma-que-corte-idh-evaluara-nuevo-juicio

Google translation

The Inter-American Court of Human Rights (IACHR), whose headquarters are located in San José, Costa Rica, will evaluate the request for the defense of Joran van der Sloot to repeat the trial of the case Stephany Flores.

As reported, the Dutchman was sentenced to 28 years in prison for murdering the 21 year old said in May 2010.

His lawyer Max Altez confirmed to AFP that three months ago sent your application and just last week we reported the decision: "The Court has accepted the document and now I will evaluate, based on that will render a judgment. I am sure we will win. "

The defending European murderer said he has asked that the case back to square one and start a new process, because "rights were respected" Van der Sloot. "They have violated their rights to due process: irregular shape was extradited from Chile and Peru not put a translator," said Altez.

Altez had to try to find something, and I guess he's going to beat this dead horse once again.  Defense attorney's love technicality things, don't they?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2012, 09:05:17 PM »

Google translation

Altez had to try to find something, and I guess he's going to beat this dead horse once again.  Defense attorney's love technicality things, don't they?

bbm ^^^ Yep, until he gets a favorable ruling. lol  They probably enjoy punching holes in the state's evidence or rulings; it is their job after all--they owe it to the defendant.

If Altez sent an application to IACHR to review the case, has the Peruvian Supreme Court ruled on the length of the sentence yet?  I thought that all legal appeals must be finished before IACHR accepts an application for consideration?  IIRC, the extradition issue to the U.S. is on hold until the legal process is finished.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »

Could it be that Dutch/Aruban/Peruvian behind the scenes negotiations motivated Peruvian's highest court to reverse the original ruling of a judge regarding immediate extradition of Joran van der Sloot to Alabama to be tried for the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway?  Joran's attorney did not anticipate the extradition reversal by Peru's highest court.

Think about it.  Why would Peru's highest court prevent Joran's immediate extradition to Albama while logic dictates that in 9-28 years the extortion case would be compromised on so many levels in regards to the testimony of witnesses?  It doesn't make sense UNLESS higher ups behind the scene has Joran's back.  IMO

I know in 28 years ... Tamikosmom will be pushing up daisies.

Janet

+++++

THE REVERSED ALABAMA EXTRADITION RULING

June, 2010 - Holland/Aruba Has Joran van der Sloot's Back from the Getgo?

Van der Sloot remains jailed as murder investigation continues
June 6, 2010 9:39 p.m. EDT

<snipped>

Carlos Neyra, an official with the Peruvian National Police criminal investigation division, said van der Sloot, the sole suspect named in the case, has not been formally charged

Neyra added that van der Sloot now has a lawyer. The Netherlands Embassy says it is working with local authorities in the case, but it is not paying for a defense attorney.

The Embassy has told Peruvian authorities that it is not comfortable with the way van der Sloot has been presented to the media, Neyra said. The Peruvian interior minister is asking authorities not to talk about the case without his authorization.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/06/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Aruban, Peruvian authorities will 'help each other' in murder probe
By the CNN Wire Staff | June 15, 2010

Aruban and Peruvian authorities have agreed to "help each other" in the murder investigation of Stephany Flores -- in which Joran Van der Sloot is the prime suspect, an Aruban government spokesman said Tuesday.

<snipped>

Following a phone meeting with Peruvian Judge Carlos Morales on Tuesday morning, Aruban government spokesman Taco Stein said Peruvian authorities have agreed to allow Aruban investigators into Peru to interview van der Sloot once a formal request has been made.

http://articles.cnn.com/keyword/aruban

April, 2012 - Peru Approves Extradition

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.
Apr 24, 2012

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

According to court documents obtained by Joran's attorney Maximo Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention, marking the first step in the extraction process and meaning he could land on American soil within three months, reported CNN.com.

Once his appeal for that sentence is completed in the next month, "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there,” explained Altez, where U.S. authorities want to try the Dutchman on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway case.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru

May, 2012 - Joran Fights Extradition

Joran van der Sloot challenges extradition to U.S. From Mayra Cuevas
May 9, 2012

Joran van der Sloot told a judge and prosecutor Tuesday that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence in Peru rather than be extradited to the United States to face charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, his Peruvian lawyer said.

Representatives from the U.S. Embassy and the FBI attended the extradition hearing, which was not open to the public, Maximo Altez told InSession on Tru TV.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/08/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

June, 2012 - Joran's Extradition is Delayed

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
June 4, 2012

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

s.t. yw

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »

I personally don't believe Peru wants Joran (a foreigner) going anywhere until he serves his sentence for murdering one of their citizens on their soil. (not to mention he fled the country before being caught).  It's not like he is some sort of diplomat or important person, so there's no reason to give him any privileges.     I don't think any "Higherups" anywhere have his back.  I think he might have made some money by selling his story or photos, and of course there was that very disturbed Mary person that gave him funds, and there may be others that will give money in exchange for his story or exclusive book or something, but no, I don't think these days Joran has much pull.  His notoriety is probably what's funding him now.  Kind of like the women that want to marry Scott Peterson.    I don't think any extraditions are in his cards any time soon, since they will need to wait in line till he finishes his sentence in Peru.  JMHO
Self edit in blue.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13361.msg1539582#msg1539582
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:37:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »

Joran's Big Win!!

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
Published: 11/25/2011 9:44 am
Updated: 11/26/2011 8:25 am

<snipped>

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client.  If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »

Murder of a Peruvian citizen trumps extortion of Beth Holloway (legally).  There is no Peruvian and Dutch behind the scenes conspiracy to deny Beth Holloway justice, it's just a murder conviction trumps a possible extortion conviction.  Those are the cold facts. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:10 PM »

A FIVE STAR HOTEL

Since the First Day

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years

<snipped>

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/avantgo/2017229687.html

s.t.

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »

Janet - Please stop with the conspiracies.  It's been 6 years and a lot has happened.  If Joran was in KIA I might agree with you but not Peru.  The conspiracy theories are exhausting and I'm not getting any younger 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »

Murder of a Peruvian citizen trumps extortion of Beth Holloway (legally).  There is no Peruvian and Dutch behind the scenes conspiracy to deny Beth Holloway justice, it's just a murder conviction trumps a possible extortion conviction.  Those are the cold facts. 

Klaas

An immediate extradition to Alabama to face extortion charges does not imply that Joran would escape serving his Peruvian sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores.  However ... it would assure that the extortion case is not compromised with the passage of time.

Janet

++++

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.
Apr 24, 2012

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

According to court documents obtained by Joran's attorney Maximo Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention, marking the first step in the extraction process and meaning he could land on American soil within three months, reported CNN.com.

Once his appeal for that sentence is completed in the next month, "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there,” explained Altez, where U.S. authorities want to try the Dutchman on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway case.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »

Janet - Please stop with the conspiracies.  It's been 6 years and a lot has happened.  If Joran was in KIA I might agree with you but not Peru.  The conspiracy theories are exhausting and I'm not getting any younger 

It has been over 7 years since the last time that Beth saw her daughter.

Natalee did not receive justice in Aruba and ... the Peruvian highest court overturned a lower court's decision that may have afforded Beth justice for the extortion by Joran ... the  extortion beyond cruel.

Could it be that maybe ... just maybe ... Beth Holloway/John Q. Kelly may also question the Peruvian rulings that have favored Joran when compared to what he could have received?

When/If the truth is revealed ... I will either gloat or eat an entire humble pie.

Janet

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »

Google translation

Heh, heh, dream on Joran.

I don't think that court of human rights is even binding unless a country just agrees to abide by its decision.  Not gonna happen.

I'm just delighted for every day Joran serves in one of the worst prisons on the face of the earth.  It doesn't get much better than this in real life.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »

You are right, 7 years not 6.  Long day and like I said, I'm not getting any younger 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.