March 28, 2024, 05:28:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940328 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2012, 10:30:22 PM »

Janet - Please stop with the conspiracies.  It's been 6 years and a lot has happened.  If Joran was in KIA I might agree with you but not Peru.  The conspiracy theories are exhausting and I'm not getting any younger 

Thank you Klaas, and Janet, just give it up.  It is no longer making sense, if it ever did.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »

Anyone know why initials are being posted after some of Janet's posts? 

Just wondering.

Maybe that's why?   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »

Just wondering.

Maybe that's why?   

I don't know about the initials, but I sure am sick of seeing offers to eat humble pie
or crow pie. 
 We all know that will never happen.   

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2012, 10:25:35 PM »

Just wondering.

Maybe that's why?   

I don't know about the initials, but I sure am sick of seeing offers to eat humble pie
or crow pie. 
 We all know that will never happen.   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/128583-possibly-new-murder-trial-for-joran

Possibly new murder trial for Joran       
Tuesday, 18 September 2012 16:14

ORANJESTAD/LIMA — The Inter-American Court for human rights will study the investigation and the trail of Joran van der Sloot. Lawyer Máximo Altez stated before the Peruvian newspaper El Commercio that the Court has accepted his document with the request for revision. The request was submitted months ago.

According to Joran’s lawyer, his client’s right to a fair trial was violated because he wasn’t given an interpreter and because of his illegal extradition from Chili to Peru. “The Court has accepted the document. I’m certain we will win”, the lawyer said yesterday.

Joran’s lawyer had already submitted a ‘special request for revision’ earlier on when he requested an entirely new trial for the murder and robbery of Stephany Flores. According to Joran, his lawyer at the time, José Jiménez, had misled him. This lawyer namely advised Joran to agree with the charge from Justice and to declare himself guilty. In exchange he would receive a maximum sentence of 15 years instead of the demanded 30 years. Joran had subsequently declared he was guilty but the court sentenced him to 28 years imprisonment. Jiménez always denied the accusations and thinks his former client knew exactly where he stood when he declared himself guilty.

Expectations are that it will be the end of the year before this appeal comes up in court. The lawyer of the Flores family, Stephany’s next of kin, stated the appeal doesn’t stand a chance and consider the case closed.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »

ORANJESTAD/LIMA — The Inter-American Court for human rights will study the investigation and the trail of Joran van der Sloot. Lawyer Máximo Altez stated before the Peruvian newspaper El Commercio that the Court has accepted his document with the request for revision. The request was submitted months ago.

According to Joran’s lawyer, his client’s right to a fair trial was violated because he wasn’t given an interpreter and because of his illegal extradition from Chili to Peru. “The Court has accepted the document. I’m certain we will win”, the lawyer said yesterday.

Joran’s lawyer had already submitted a ‘special request for revision’ earlier on when he requested an entirely new trial for the murder and robbery of Stephany Flores. According to Joran, his lawyer at the time, José Jiménez, had misled him. This lawyer namely advised Joran to agree with the charge from Justice and to declare himself guilty. In exchange he would receive a maximum sentence of 15 years instead of the demanded 30 years. Joran had subsequently declared he was guilty but the court sentenced him to 28 years imprisonment. Jiménez always denied the accusations and thinks his former client knew exactly where he stood when he declared himself guilty.

Expectations are that it will be the end of the year before this appeal comes up in court. The lawyer of the Flores family, Stephany’s next of kin, stated the appeal doesn’t stand a chance and consider the case closed.

I agree 100% with the highlighted above 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2012, 08:20:48 PM »

I agree 100% with the highlighted above 
AMEN!! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »

"TRAGEDY CREATES AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
Beth Holloway, 2010

The Pledge

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 189:
    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)

Mother of missing student in Aruba creates missing persons resource center at DC museum
By Associated Press
10:04 AM CDT, May 28, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) — The mother of an Alabama teen who disappeared five years ago in Aruba is opening a resource center to help families of missing persons.

Beth Holloway has created the Natalee Holloway Resource Center, named for her daughter who went missing during a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island. The center will be based at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in downtown Washington.

The nonprofit center aims to provide families with an action plan, examples of missing person posters, contacts, media liaisons and other services to guide families during crises. Officials also say they will provide educational programs on safe traveling and crime prevention and encourage careers in forensic science and law enforcement.

http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-dc--missingpersonscenter,0,5675542.story

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: September 22, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »

"TRAGEDY CREATES AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
Beth Holloway, 2010

Others Might Learn

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 200:  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge. It's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professionals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS / BETH HOLLOWAY

How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity? Do we all have the capacity to overcome tragedy? How does one keep going? You will be uplifted by the remarkable story of Beth Holloway. How does she stay strong? Imagine being able to apply her philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength to your own life.

© 2012 Premiere Speakers Bureau

http://premierespeakers.com/beth_holloway
http://premierespeakers.com/beth_holloway/bio

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: September 22, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

Michael and Thelma King from South Carolina were found murdered in St. Maarten

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13543.msg1540028#msg1540028

In the land of Hans Mos, Taco Stein, and Peter De Witte.   

Hope they can solve this crime! 

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2012, 01:47:06 AM »

At least they are not trying to pass it off as a double suicide.   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »

This is about a murder case in Curacao.  The murderer, James Murray (born in Aruba) has been serving his life sentence in Aruba at KIA; reportedly because of problems from other inmates in the prison in Curacao.  James Murray's appeal was based on a new law that could have made him eligible for an early release.  I thought it was interesting because it does show that they can and do lock some offenders up for life...it's just not often from everything I've seen over the years. 

With so many injustices, just needed to give a shout out for Justice in this case!   

::justice2NJ::

http://www.qracao.com/index.php/voorpagina/3011-james-murray-komt-wellicht-nooit-meer-vrij

Google translation:

James Murray will probably never be free

Last Updated on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:54 p.m. | Written by Independiente | | |

WILLEMSTAD -  James Clifton Murray is not free. That's the Joint Court decided this morning. The life of the murderer punished 6-year Darly Lai seized the opportunity of the new Civil Code from Curacao to be eligible for early release. He's since 1979 his sentence. Vain.

The court considers the risk of recurrence by Murray still present. According to psychologists is already at his sentencing noted that Murray has a severe personality disorder. The expert reports which are now made clear by the Court that important aspects of his deranged karkaterstructuur, as his antisocial personality, poor conscience development and lack of empathy are still present.

Treatment during the 33 years imprisonment not occurred. This is partly meant that Murray never spoken - as is usual during treatment - which circumstances have brought him to his there. So on that basis he understand how he could have given such conditions may prevent or cope.

Also at the hearing, according to court Murray was no evidence that he himself is responsible enough to give account of the seriousness and the absurdity of the murder and how he was able to do so proceed.

The Court concludes that the probability Murray after release still in repetition will fall so large that the protection of society be a primary consideration. The good behavior of Murray in the final years of his detention blames the Court in the structured setting in which circumstances it was then brought up his act now missing. Outside the prison, as the court deems that conditions there. The risk of recurrence is thus considered too great.

The Court also has the [position of the victims included in his judgment. Especially the fact that Murray relatives after his act has threatened them to do something for the court weighs heavy. It is partly for this reason that the Court considers that the life sentence is still a reasonable purpose: protection of society and of the families of Darly Lai.

The court is aware of the fact that the considerations now lead to a rejection of the request by Murray at liberty to be made will remain valid in the future. Only treatment of Murray and victim counseling of relatives would change this can bring.

because after 33 years captivity still not treated.

Photo: Family comes from the court, after having heard the verdict (Photo: Independiente)

---------------------

Murder revenge
James Murray, now sixty, killed on 23 May 1979 the six Darly Lai revenge on her aunt where he had a friendly relationship with maintained. Aunt who had forbidden him to have contact with the family after she had learned that he had been tried for sexual assault of a young girl. Murray swore according to witness statements revenge and "her dearest will to tackle." The small Darly was not long afterwards found dead on the plain of Hato. She was with several stab wounds to death.

The short podcast at the bottom of this article is interesting imo
http://www.sxmislandtime.com/component/k2/item/18453-sexual-predator-and-murderer-james-murray-may-be-released-decision-pending.html

Earlier request by the victim's family on Change.org
http://www.change.org/petitions/superior-court-of-justice-say-no-to-the-release-of-convicted-killer-james-murray?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=autopublish#

Petitioned Superior Court of Justice
Superior Court of Justice: Say NO to the Release of Convicted Killer "James Murray"...

by Y Z
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
 Closed
with 3,884 supporters
Supporters are signing:

On May 23rd 1979, a 6 years old sweet an innocent girl “Darley Lai” was brutally assaulted and murdered by a close family friend “James Murray”; although, this cold-blooded killer was then convicted to a maximum sentence of life in prison, a new Curaco Criminal Code (Nieuw Wetboek van Strafrecht Curaçao) has been introduced on November 15, 2011, which stipulates in Article 1:30 that a person sentenced to Life in Prison and after serving 20 years of its sentence has the right to appeal the judgment and have the Superior Court of Justice determine if the convicted person could regain its conditional freedom.

Given that James Murray has already served more than 20 years of its sentence (without displaying any sign of remorse), he now qualifies to have his Life Sentence revoke by the Superior Court of Justice and in this way regain his freedom.

A criminal like Murray can never be release free given that in the past he has threaten the grieving family, has assaulted several inmates and has also been clinically diagnosed as a psychopath due to his lack of remorse, and due to his disregard for the rights of others (in prison and on the streets) and for his indifference to the rules of society. In other words, if released from prison, a high probability exists that James Murray can commit a similar brutal crime in the future.

Please sign this online petition and join us in demanding that James Murray serves his Life Sentence as originally convicted and help us keep our streets and children safe…..

Forever Grateful,

- Family of Darley Lai -

Not in English but it's about Darly's case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKMb4DELvYo&feature=BFa&list=UUXeLTsCp4sqzNE3sgVlSOuQ

Thank goodness James Murray's appeal was 

::justice2NJ:: for Darly Quillan Evarista Lai! 

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »

http://www.qracao.com/index.php/voorpagina/3011-james-murray-komt-wellicht-nooit-meer-vrij

Google translation:
 ::snipping2::

The court considers the risk of recurrence by Murray still present. According to psychologists is already at his sentencing noted that Murray has a severe personality disorder. The expert reports which are now made clear by the Court that important aspects of his deranged karkaterstructuur, as his antisocial personality, poor conscience development and lack of empathy are still present.

http://joran.tv/

Joran van der Sloot Trial Postponed

January 6, 2012

(Joran.TV) - On the opening day of his trial for the murder of Stephany Flores Ramirez, Joran van der Sloot asked for more time to, as he put it, "reflect" on what plea he will enter.

There was much speculation earlier, later confirmed by his attorney, that the plan was for the Dutch national from Aruba to plead guilty to all charges. However, van der Sloot, looking tired and giving the impression of being indifferent and bored by the proceedings before the three judge panel, requested more time because he wanted to give "a sincere confession" and because he disagreed with some of the charges prosecutors outlined against him.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/06/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot-trial/index.html

Van der Sloot postpones plea
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 10:36 PM EST, Fri January 6, 2012

The Dutch national was considered the prime suspect in the case of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, who vanished in 2005 while on a graduation trip to the Caribbean island of Aruba. She was last seen leaving a nightclub with van der Sloot and two other men. Van der Sloot was arrested twice but never charged in connection with Holloway's disappearance, which is still unsolved.

He now stands accused of killing Flores in his Lima hotel room in May 2010. Police say he took money and bank cards from her wallet and fled to Chile, where he was arrested a few days later.

Van der Sloot faces a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. Flores' family later tried -- unsuccessfully -- to convince three judges from the superior court of Lima to impose an even more serious slate of charges that could have included a life sentence.

The victim's family, including her father, Ricardo Flores, had pushed for stiffer charges and said that van der Sloot hasn't looked "remorseful" in court appearances.

"He had an indifferent and prideful attitude. He looks as if he has everything under control. He looks better than when he appeared on TV after he was arrested," Ricardo Flores told CNN last year.

Besides the Flores murder trial, van der Sloot also faces extradition to the United States. In June 2010, a federal grand jury in Alabama indicted him on charges of wire fraud and extortion after allegations surfaced that he tried to extort $250,000 from Holloway's mother. He was given a total of $25,000, and authorities believe he used that money to travel to Peru and participate in a poker tournament, where he met Flores.

Holloway's father told HLN's "Nancy Grace" show on Friday night that he felt van der Sloot appeared intent on trying to "cause ... issues and problems" during his court appearance. The father said he that believed the Dutch national seemed to be trying to manipulate the Peruvian system, saying he felt he'd done the same in court appearances in Aruba surrounding his daughter's disappearance.

"He's done this many times before," Dave Holloway said. "I think this was all planned out."

http://joran.tv/

Just sayin'   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »

::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »

Suspect nabbed in brutal murder of wealthy South Carolina couple found dead in their Caribbean home

‘These two people probably had to hang their wings up at night. That's how beautiful they were,’ says stunned friend.

By Christine Roberts / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, September 23, 2012, 3:26 PM

Police have nabbed a suspect in the gruesome murder of a wealthy South Carolina couple found dead in their St. Maarten home.

The slashed bodies of Michael and Thelma King were found Friday at the couple's beachfront condominium on the small Dutch Caribbean territory.

Michael and Thelma, both in their 50s, suffered fatal stab wounds, Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos said. Thelma was found tied to a chair, while her husband was found on the floor, partially lying on an overturned chair.

The male suspect was arrested before dawn Sunday, said police spokesman Ricardo Henson, adding that authorities will release a statement "as soon as more information can be divulged."

A motive for the brutal slayings remains unclear.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-nabbed-brutal-murder-wealthy-south-carolina-couple-found-dead-caribbean-home-article-1.1165914#ixzz27LxS62Qf
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »

Suspect arrested in deaths of US couple on Caribbean island
Published September 23, 2012

St. Maarten police on Sunday arrested a suspect in the slayings of a South Carolina couple whose slashed bodies were found in their beachfront condominium on the tiny Dutch Caribbean territory.

<snipped>

Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos said both Americans appeared to have suffered fatal stab wounds.

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/23/suspect-arrested-in-deaths-us-couple-on-caribbean-island/?test=latestnews

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »

THE RELEASE OF JORAN, DEEPAK AND SATISH

A Dog and Pony Show

Holloway Attorney: 'Extraordinarily Painful'
Tuesday, December 04, 2007

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY ATTORNEY: Well, in their press release and even in conversations. I had a long discussion with him (Hans Mo) Thanksgiving morning after the arrests, and you know, he indicated that they were very confident, this new evidence they had, this incriminating evidence. And it turns out, quite frankly, that it is nothing new ...

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: All right. So you can say with 100 percent certainly there's nothing new, right?

KELLY:  I can say it with 99 percent.  I think it was disappointing to me and actually extraordinarily painful and almost cruel for Beth and Dave after being down there.

They'd like to get some answers and they'd like to see some progress made.  And it's not fair to bring them down there with the false promises, with raised expectations, sort of a dog and pony show down there with no substance.

And it was — it just really took whatever spirit, almost, that Beth and Dave had left, went through that this weekend. It was really — it was terribly painful, for lack of a better expression.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314966,00.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »

The link above is to the thread about the murders of Michael and Thelma King.

The guy they've arrested is a Jamaican Security Guard from what I've read, (imagine that).

Just hope they've got the person that committed this senseless brutal crime, and they aren't still running around free and destroying evidence!

Natalee's case and Han Mos' participation in it has come up a lot in the comments to articles about this case.  And as would be expected by anyone that followed Natalee's case, they aren't being very kind or trusting of Hans Mos.

billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2012, 02:09:20 AM »

I hate aruba,,, because of every thing it stands for......
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »

Hmmm...still in California, but at a new job for one month.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/valentijn-sloot/22/b28/8b0

Valentijn Sloot
Assistant at Super Artists
Los Angeles, California (Greater Los Angeles Area) Media Production
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.