March 28, 2024, 04:02:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940309 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »

Natalee’s Hero

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 229:
As I read on in the journal, I discover that one of the most moving entries is her desription of a hero. Natalee writes:

A Hero is someone who puts others before himself. He or she is very selfless and cares about the well-being of others. Heroes also accept life’s challenges and remain strong through tough times. They also have a strong sense of determination and stick to goals and morals. I believe that heroes uphold morals and try to encourage others to live life morally correct. Heroes are not only just people called in times of physical danger, but individuals that can both emotionally and physically help people get through rough times. A hero should always show respect for other people as well as respect for himself.

Instantly I realize that Natalee is poignantly describing the people who have reached out to help her family get through this “tough time.” It’s almost as if she is thanking everyone herself by recognizing the importance of selfless people. And I am amazed at her profound words here. I sit and read the entire journal …

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:07 AM »

Natalee's Hero

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 209:
Bad things happen everywhere. But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families. When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted. We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue. But that's terribly naive. Our U.S. constitutional rights don't apply in other countries. Once you leave here you are absolutely on your own. I can testify to that. But if we educate travelers by making more in-depth information about their destination available to them, offer preparedness measures they should take before they leave home, and take a second look at the victims' assistance that is supposed to be in place, then I believe people will have safer interntional travel experiences. And perhaps lives could be saved.

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »

I've asked around the past couple of days and so far, no one I've asked is  aware of there is a Kalpoe/Dr. Phil trial coming up.  And the eight people I've asked are all adults with  six having some college education , and all keep an eye on news, local, national and international.  All read newspapers and  all but one reads news on the internet and  all watch at least some news on TV. The age spread is from 78 years to the youngest of 21 years of age.  Some of the people I spoke with rolled their eyes at the mention of Dr. Phil, and when I mentioned "Kalpoes" not one  knew what the heck I was talking about.  Two of them remarked that it seemed to be a civil suit, and didn't see why it would be a big deal.  All of them knew the name "Natalee Holloway" and of course "Dr. Phil". And they knew the name Joran Van Der Sloot.  But not one recognized "Kalpoe" nor knew anything at all about the upcoming trial.

The reason I'm posting this is, while a small sector who have followed Natalee's case closely would know about the trial, for the most part the general public probably won't hear anything until a decision is made on the matter.  And even then, it might not be a major story.  Doubt it would make front page on most newspapers.  My first thought when Janet asked Klaasend if she thought it might be televised, I thought right then there would be no way.

Personally, I think it's interesting and I would love to see the Kalpoe brothers get what's due them. (and it isn't $$)     If it could lead to opening a door for more information about Natalee's case, that would be marvelous.  JMHO

Still hoping for justice for Natalee.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »

Good post Ms. Beeeeeeeeee

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »

Good post Ms. Beeeeeeeeee

Thank you Nut.    I believe the Kalpoe's are liars and they and their attorney got a whiff of a possibility of money, believing Dr. Phil's attorney's would settle quickly. From what I understand, many big names keep attorneys on staff and they settle suits like the Kalpoe's as more of a nuisance and no big deal instead of dealing with the hassle.  But to me, Dr. Phil and his attorneys are saying "Bring it".  Monkey Devil!  JMHO

Deepak:     Satish     ::boxingjoran::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2012, 03:55:34 PM »

I could be wrong but ...

1.  It is my opinion IF Deepak's words on the Dr. Phil recording had not been manipulated to reveal something that was never stated ... the $800,000,000 defamation lawsuit would never have been filed.  In other words ... the NFI findings implied a quick settlement.

2. It is my opinion IF the Dr. Phil recording had not been manipulated ... the recording would stand alone as evidence for the defence that the Kalpoes were not defamed.  In other words ... no case documents required.

3. It is my opinion ... the financial backers of this lawsuit did not anticipate Phil McGraw challenging the defamation lawsuit by attempting to prove through various incriminating case documentation that the manipulated recording did not defame the Kalpoes.

Although I believe the Dr. Phil recording was manipulated ... not edited ... I am hoping he emerges that victor in this lawsuit.  In other words ... the Kalpoes do not benefit.  The financial backers do not benefit.  Joran van der Sloot does not benefit.

Dr. Phil?  This guy will be exposed as an entertainer who will do anything for ratings ... anything for the almighty dollar.

Also ... the incriminating documentation that the defence will present to the court on April 22, 2013 to prove that defamation of the Kalpoes did not occur may shed some light to world regarding untold truths encompassing the happenings that occurred on the morning of May 30th ... the happenings encompassing the demise of Natalee Holloway.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »

I do agree that documents are insignificant IF that Dr. Phil recording was only edited for clarity and not deceptively manipulated.  A simple comparison of the interview saved on Skeeters' hard drive should suffice.  IMO

Janet.

Ex-Holloway Suspects Sue Dr. Phi
Fri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST
by Josh Grossberg

<snipped>

The complaint states that Skeeter secretly videotaped an interview with Deepak Kalpoe and then aired the illicit recording on Dr. Phil—after cutting it in such a way as to "create false, incriminating and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

<snipped>

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."

<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b53983_Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9630.msg1330547#msg1330547

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »

I've asked around the past couple of days and so far, no one I've asked is  aware of there is a Kalpoe/Dr. Phil trial coming up.  And the eight people I've asked are all adults with  six having some college education , and all keep an eye on news, local, national and international.  All read newspapers and  all but one reads news on the internet and  all watch at least some news on TV. The age spread is from 78 years to the youngest of 21 years of age.  Some of the people I spoke with rolled their eyes at the mention of Dr. Phil, and when I mentioned "Kalpoes" not one  knew what the heck I was talking about.  Two of them remarked that it seemed to be a civil suit, and didn't see why it would be a big deal.  All of them knew the name "Natalee Holloway" and of course "Dr. Phil". And they knew the name Joran Van Der Sloot.  But not one recognized "Kalpoe" nor knew anything at all about the upcoming trial.

The reason I'm posting this is, while a small sector who have followed Natalee's case closely would know about the trial, for the most part the general public probably won't hear anything until a decision is made on the matter.  And even then, it might not be a major story.  Doubt it would make front page on most newspapers.  My first thought when Janet asked Klaasend if she thought it might be televised, I thought right then there would be no way.

Personally, I think it's interesting and I would love to see the Kalpoe brothers get what's due them. (and it isn't $$)     If it could lead to opening a door for more information about Natalee's case, that would be marvelous.  JMHO

Still hoping for justice for Natalee.   an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »

I cannot comprehend why the Phil McGraw's defense would not request a forensic investigative report of the disputed of Skeeters' hard drive from the FBI ... a forensic investigative report  that the court can compared to the Dr. Phil recording.  Instead ... a very complicated forensic investigative report from a private laboratory was submitted to the court.

Think about it.  In all probability ... the Kalpoes have submitted a copy of the NFI investigation of the recording.

Janet

Truth or Fiction?

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 12/2/2005 10:37:47 AM ET

<snipped>

RITA COSBY, HOST:  ... And LIVE AND DIRECT tonight on the phone from Aruba is Arlene Ellis Schipper.  She's an Aruban attorney and also member of the Aruban Strategic Communications Task Force.  She sent us that tape.  Arlene, what is the basis for the manipulation?  Where do you think the changes took place, if at all?

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE:  Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet.  However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order.  Just before the word “she,” there was a cut.  And just after the word “did,” there was a cut.  And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.”  And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

COSBY:  Now, you mentioned, Arlene, that the FBI—we know that they also have the tape.  When do you think you're going to hear back from them?  And do you think that they're going to make their results public?

SCHIPPER:  I hope so, actually.  And you know what?  Because officially, of course, the court-appointed forensic institute is the NFI, the Netherlands.  But for comfort, the authorities here sent it also for your comfort, actually, your American comfort—the authorities also sent it to the FBI with—through an MLAT (ph) procedure, which is a mutual—just mutual legal assistance treaty between our countries.

And they also requested, on recommendation of the NFI, to investigate the hard disk of Mr. Skeeters.  And based on that, he volunteered his hard disk.  So we are waiting already for two weeks on those results.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 12/2/2005 10:37:47 AM ET

<snipped>

FRANK PIAZZA, LEGAL AUDIO  Well, I have to say that the version that you just played me—I'm not sure if it's the Aruba version or the original...

COSBY:  We played both.  We actually played both.

PIAZZA:  OK.  The original version, which we'll say is Mr. Skeeters's version, and the Aruba version, they both, for me, as I analyzed them earlier, are exactly the same.  There's no changes.  Yet the Dr. Phil version, there are absolute edits.  And Arlene Ellis Schipper was accurate about the “did” and the “didn't” part of it.  That's my take on it so far.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »

OCTOBER 21, 1986 NATALEE'S BIRTHDAY

Lets take a moment as her birthday is coming up and pray for a breakthrough that someone will do the right thing and let
her mother & father know the truth of where she is so she can come home to her family in the USA.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/132097-politie-maakt-zich-zorgen-om-loverboys

Google translation:

Police worried about loverboys         

WEDNESDAY 17 OCTOBER 2012 10:45

ORANGE CITY - Jeannette Richardson-Baars Coordinator of the National Human Trafficking Task Force is concerned about the phenomenon loverboys in Aruba. She tells Amigoe that no specific judicial investigations are, but she is convinced that this occurs.

By our reporter

Alex LACLe

She points to some suspicious things around schools with fourteen, fifteen and sixteen year olds. Loverboys are often young pimps who through seduction techniques girls invade and then exploit for him to perform sexual services. "It's a sliding scale," says Bass. For the victims it is of love and the love of her life 'to' her pimp. She emphasizes that there is therefore no concrete loverboy case in Aruba. "We have no concrete information. But you just feel that it is there. We have indications. "We are waiting for the first victims or relatives who want to do reporting and concrete provide information, tell perch.

But she also urges the population to be alert. "If you see something like an older person who regularly drive around at Colegio and always retrieves a particular student, but it is not a parent or relative. What does such a person there? "But parents who see their child with expensive gifts home. Things they can not afford themselves. Or that they at random hours of the night suddenly leave and come home. That's according to Baars all indications that something may be wrong. In case of suspected pimps or trafficking involved can call since last year with a special 24-hour hotline of the police. The number 592-3231 is staffed by police officers of the Task Force.

Awareness Week

To increase awareness of the subject and the awareness about the phenomenon of 'modern slavery' or smuggling - which loverboys thus part of his - to increase, the National Task Force on Human Trafficking this week different activities. It does so in cooperation and with financial support from the International Organization for Migration (IOM). Baars says that its task force last year, around the National Anti-Trafficking Day on 18 October, organizes activities to raise awareness and create the subject of human trafficking locally, regionally and internationally under the spotlight. In 2011 thus began a week of seminars including the U.S. Department of Foreign Affairs. The exploitation of children was the theme.

Own experiences

This year, the organization invited someone that trafficking has experienced firsthand. The 29-year-old Shamere McKenzie was on her 21st by loverboy invaded and forced into prostitution. She was yesterday keynote speaker during lecture at the University of Aruba (UA) entitled "Why the Fight Against Human Trafficking matters'. Besides information about trafficking and how it can be recognized, McKenzie told her story about the time they are through physical and emotional violence, forced into prostitution. Her message to women who are going through a similar situation: "Do not be a slave. There are people who care about you, you understand and want to help. Speak out and seek help. "Later this week in Amigoe an extensive interview with McKenzie.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: October 18, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »

Open Arms welcomes speaker Beth Holloway
Date: October, 22nd 2012 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Open Arms Annual Meeting with special guest Beth Holloway.

Join Beth as she shares her journey through a mother’s worst nightmare.  When her daughter vanished in Aruba in 2005, Beth’s world changed forever. Now she tours the nation raising awareness with her story of inspiration.

This event is FREE however reservations are required by October 18th.  Call 419-420-9261 or visit the website www.openarmsfindlay.org to reserve your seat.

<snipped>

Map:
http://www.visitfindlay.com/calendar-of-events/568/

REMINDER

Monkeys and Guests in the Finlay OH area ...

If you are planning to attend Beth Holloway's October 22nd engagement on behalf of Open Arms at the Parkview church but have yet to registered ... please note that tomorrow is officially the last day to register.

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #596 on: October 18, 2012, 02:01:33 AM »

I cannot comprehend why the Phil McGraw's defense would not request a forensic investigative report of the disputed of Skeeters' hard drive from the FBI ... a forensic investigative report  that the court can compared to the Dr. Phil recording.  Instead ... a very complicated forensic investigative report from a private laboratory was submitted to the court.

Think about it.  In all probability ... the Kalpoes have submitted a copy of the NFI investigation of the recording.

Janet

I know this is going to go in one ear & out the other:

page 247 - DEEPAK says that he heard the NFI (Netherlands Forencis Insititue) manipulated the tape.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: October 18, 2012, 08:52:45 AM »

Janet

page 247 - DEEPAK says that he heard the NFI (Netherlands Forencis Insititue) manipulated the tape.

.....and as it has been posted many times....these are things that will come out at trial.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »

Janet

Kermit

May I please have the source/link to Deepak's claim.

Thank You.

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: October 18, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »

Janet

Kermit

May I please have the source/link to Deepak's claim.

Thank You.

Janet

Page 5 - Kalpoe attorneys have not produced any report of the NFI on Skeeters tape.
         Looks like NFI did not analyze the Dr. Phil Skeeters tape, but a tape from
the internet,
source: Defendant Application Order to Shorten Production of Documents
August 16, 2011 filing)

Source: Plantiff Exhibit filed March 26, 2011 - Deepaks Deposition:
page 388 - DEEPAK says that he heard the NFI (Netherlands Forensic Institute) manipulated the tape))

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.