March 28, 2024, 04:33:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940313 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: October 22, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »

Open Arms Annual Meeting

Event seating is full.  Thank you for your support.

Beth Holloway
Mother of Natalee Holloway

Monday, October 22nd
7:00 PM
Parkview Church
15035 East St. Rt. 12, Findlay

Join Beth as she shares her journey through a mother's worst nightmare.  When her daughter, Natalee Holloway, vanished in Aruba in 2005, Beth's world changed forever.  Now she tours the nation raising awareness with her inspiring story.

If you have any question, please contact Open Arms 419-420-9261 or
OpenArmsFindlay.org

https://sites.google.com/site/openarmsannualmeeting/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: October 22, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »

The Goal of Education is Twofold

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 208: The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

Page 209: Bad things happen everywhere. But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families. When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted. We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue. But that's terribly naive. Our U.S. constitutional rights don't apply in other countries. Once you leave here you are absolutely on your own. I can testify to that. But if we educate travelers by making more in-depth information about their destination available to them, offer preparedness measures they should take before they leave home, and take a second look at the victims' assistance that is supposed to be in place, then I believe people will have safer international travel experiences. And perhaps lives could be saved.

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: October 23, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »

~~ Happy Belated Birthday Natalee ~     an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: October 23, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »

The Act of Receiving and Giving with Grace

Beth Holloway spreading message of hope in Findlay
Updated: Oct 22, 2012 7:40 PM PDT

FINDLAY, OH (Toledo News Now) - Beth Holloway visited Findlay Monday to speak about domestic violence. Holloway was the featured speaker at an annual event for the Open Arms Domestic Violence and Rape Services Organization.

Holloway's daughter, Natalie disappeared from a senior trip while in Aruba back in 2005. Holloway travels the country sharing safety tips and the message of hope.

"What I've recognized, that was the most important, is how we embrace the signs of hope. They're there for all of us to seize, whatever needs, whatever our needs are at that particular moment. But I think it's up to us as the victims in order to reach out and embrace those signs of hope and realize that they're helping us through this devastating journey," said Holloway.

One week after a young mother and her three-year-old son were shot and killed in an act of domestic violence, the family of the victims is in the coping phase. Community members of Lake Township can help each other move forward.

"To be able to unite and unite on that child's behalf, unite on that family's behalf. That means, whether it is sending an encouraging card or letter to the family, you know, just stopping them on the street if they see them passing by, just taking the time to recognize what they've been through and to share with them that their thoughts and prayers are with them. It goes a long way, I know it sounds simple, but something that simple can make a big difference," said Holloway.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/19886805/beth-holloway-speaks-on-domestic-violence-hope-in-findlay

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: October 23, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »

Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Mother describes ordeal of daughter's disappearance
by RYAN DUNN

After four days of frantically searching the island of Aruba for Natalee Holloway, her mother told a Findlay audience she could barely sleep or eat.

"Descending to the lowest place the human spirit can fall, I became physically and mentally weak," Beth Holloway said.

The 2005 disappearance and death of her 18-year-old daughter drove Holloway to avoid complacency. On Monday, she spoke of the need for safety and awareness during the annual meeting of the Open Arms Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Services held at Parkview Christian Church.

"We don't teach our children these rules because we're all (needlessly) living in fear. We do it because it's not a safe world," Holloway said.

The disappearance drew international media attention to the search for Holloway, who visited the country on a trip with friends after graduating from high school.

Natalee Holloway never stood a chance against those who tried to harm her, her mother said, because she felt too confident and safe surrounded by other students.

"When she was least able to defend herself, she was taken," she said.

Beth Holloway said she believes her daughter left a restaurant with another man, Joran van der Sloot, and his group of friends. They provided a date rape drug, which sent her into seizures following an overdose, Holloway said.

The body was likely dumped at sea, she said.

"(Van der Sloot) said he didn't know what to do with her body, so he decided just to get rid of it," she said. Van der Sloot, who has never been charged in the death of Holloway, is serving a 28-year prison sentence for the 2010 murder of a Peruvian woman.

Praying over the disappearance of her daughter, Holloway said she found solace.

"Somehow I understood from the moment she got into that car that her heavenly father wrapped his loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night," Holloway said.

Holloway said she's pledged not to stop fighting, working with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help others find missing friends and relatives.

"After all we've been through, I have every right to crawl in a hole and never come out, but that's not how I want to live the rest of my life," she said.

In her speech, Holloway also praised Open Arms for its efforts to curb abuse in the area.

"They are turning victims into victors every day, and I applaud them for that," she said.

The meeting, which marked Domestic Violence Awareness Month, also discussed the year in review for Open Arms.

Ashley Ritz, executive director of Open Arms, said despite funding cuts, the group continues its efforts to help those in abusive relationships.

<snipped>

http://www.thecourier.com/Issues/2012/Oct/23/ar_news_102312_story2.asp?d=102312_story2,2012,Oct,23&c=n

OPEN ARMS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & RAPE CRISIS SERVICES

P.O. BOX 496 • Findlay, Ohio • 45839-0496
(419) 420-9261 • E-Mail: openarmsfindlay@yahoo.com
24 HOUR CRISIS LINE (419) 422-4766

http://www.openarmsfindlay.org/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: October 23, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)

NHRC Launched: June 8, 2010

The Crime Museum and Beth Holloway have partnered together to form the Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC). NHRC focuses on education and crime prevention. NHRC is not a recovery center. In the event that a loved one does go missing, NHRC will provide families information and resources to assist them in the critical hours of their search process (within the first 72 hours).

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »

After Hitting the Depths of Human Emotion

Mother Of Missing Teen Speaks In Findlay
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 5:00 AM

The disappearance of her daughter in Aruba in 2005 sparked a media fervor.  Last night Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, spoke in Findlay for the annual meeting of the Open Arms Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Services.  Holloway told the Courier after hitting the depths of human emotion, she's used her daughters disappearance to try and help other young women.  She said Natalee never stood a chance against the people who hurt her, because she felt too confident and safe by being around her high school friends on a trip to Aruba. 

Beth Holloway told the audience on hand that she believes a group of men, including Joran van der Sloot, gave her daughter a date rape drug and took her from a club in Aruba.  Holloway believes her daughter was given enough of the drug to overdose, and then dumped at sea.  Joran van der Sloot is now serving a prison sentence for murdering a Peruvian woman.

Beth Holloway now tries to help other people find missing relatives through the Natalee Holloway Resource Center.

http://www.wfin.com/localnews201.asp?id=11780&storyno=2

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #647 on: October 23, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: October 25, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: October 28, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/133420-oven-voor-crematie-al-op-aruba

Google translation:

Furnace for cremation already in Aruba         

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2012 9:26

ORANGE CITY - The container containing materials for a cremation furnace came this week in Aruba and is already at the door of Aurora Funeral Home. The draft law cremated in Aruba must permit must still be approved by parliament.

Director Anthony Latham this funeral tells the container that there is indeed more than the law is ready. "I hope that the law this year is adopted, so that we may already be in January with cremations can begin." He is well aware that within the Aruban 'culture' they might not be fully ready for the idea that cremation later also in Aruba can, but he is convinced that cremation in Aruba for many people desire. "It just takes a lot of money to the deceased to Curacao across, there be cremated and their ashes then back to Aruba. If cremation in Aruba may, will a lot of money. "

No smoke

Wait until the legislation takes effect, Latham does not. "We are already working on our funeral to include a section for cremations. There is another chapel, where more place for people who want to take leave of the deceased. And behind the chapel is the facility for the cremation. "He ensures that the neighborhood not to be affected by the oven. "There is no smoke or smell." When the oven is ready, comes a training team of the manufacturer of the device to Aruba for the funeral employees training. Latham sees it no problem. "The chosen working method is widely used in the United States and the Netherlands."

A dead per month

The oven has a capacity for four deaths daily to burn. However, Aurora begins gently and focuses on a dead per month, so that society can slowly adapt. As the demand increases, this can be expanded. Latham emphasized that, despite the investment of 250,000 florins which he is in the oven, he does not want to make money on the cremation furnace. "I see it purely as providing additional services to our clients, based on the needs that are different from the beliefs on this island."

Permit

The draft law to allow cremations in Aruba, was last week by AVP-faction Marlon Sneek submitted. The idea of ​​the law is derived from former parliamentarian ASF Andy Lee. He left last November the parliament and asked Sneek to submit this law to take over from him. The bill now so by parliament to be treated, are conditions that a funeral home must meet. And it says that the Minister must issue a permit. Although Latham already engaged in extension work, he awaits the authorization. "Because without authorization cremations can not start."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: October 28, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/amigoearuba/posts/10151217761188866

Amigoe Aruba · 1,536 like this
Friday at 3:44pm via RSS Graffiti  ·

Marc van Erve nieuwe interim-PG
ORANJESTAD — Marc van Erve wordt per 1 november benoemd als interim procureur-generaal van het Openbaar Ministerie (OM). Hij blijft in ieder geval een jaar. Dat zei Julisa Arends-Hoevertsz van het ministerie van Justitie vanochtend tegen Amigoe.
Source: Amigoe Aruba

Google translation:

Marc van Erve new interim PG
ORANGE CITY - Marc van Erve on 1 November appointed as interim Attorney General of the Public Prosecutor (OM). It remains in any case a year. That said Julisa Arends-Hoevertsz of the Ministry of Justice this morning against Amigoe.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: October 28, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/amigoearuba/posts/10151219168918866

Google translation:

Amigoe Aruba · 1,536 like this
Yesterday at 12:38 pm via RSS Graffiti ·

In brief
Wrong jailer The Country Investigation Thursday has a jailer KIA arrested on suspicion of administrative offenses, possession of narcotics and illegal possession of weapons. In search of justice found ready made packages with weapons, drugs and mobile phones. Apparently these were ready n ...
see More

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: October 28, 2012, 04:46:37 PM »

Janet,
You okay? Earthquake rocked you this morning setting off Tsunami warning to Hawaii.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: October 28, 2012, 07:43:46 PM »

Janet, are you and your family ok?  Please check in when you can.

Hope that all of our Canadian monkeys are safe.  Sending prayers... an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: October 28, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »

Grace and Kermit

Thank you for your concern.

I posted the following in the Jessica Ridgeway thread.

Janet

++++++

O/T

Janet - good to see you, I was worried about the earthquake!

Thanks Klaas.

I believe that only the Northern West Coast of British Columbia stretching East into the mainland felt the earthquake.  Thankfully ... there was very little damage and no injuries or fatalities.  Eldest son and family who live in the Victoria area of Vancouver Island felt nothing.

However ... there was a tsunami warning/advisory for a period of time as far away as Alaska/Hawaii and south along the coast as far as Mexico.  Thankfully ... no tsunami happened.

Janet

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/28/b-c-earthquake/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: October 28, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »

Grace and Kermit

Thank you for your concern.

I posted the following in the Jessica Ridgeway thread.

Janet

++++++

O/T

Janet - good to see you, I was worried about the earthquake!

Thanks Klaas.

I believe that only the Northern West Coast of British Columbia stretching East into the mainland felt the earthquake.  Thankfully ... there was very little damage and no injuries or fatalities.  Eldest son and family who live in the Victoria area of Vancouver Island felt nothing.

However ... there was a tsunami warning/advisory for a period of time as far away as Alaska/Hawaii and south along the coast as far as Mexico.  Thankfully ... no tsunami happened.

Janet

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/28/b-c-earthquake/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: October 28, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »

My prayers are for the safety of all who are in the path of Hurricane Sandy.

Hubby took daughter and family to Vancouver International early yesterday morning.  A ten day vacation in Orlando, Florida is where it is at.  I was worried sick about them in regards to this hurricane ... worried about them in the air and on the ground.  Pilot SIL assured me that he had check the important websites and all was fine.  Nevertheless ... I was relieved when he emailed me upon their safe arrival at their destination and daughter phoned this morning.

Again ... my prayers are will all who are forced to endure the wrath of Hurricane Sandy.

Janet

+++++

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012/10/28/millions-across-east-coast-brace-for-uperstorm-sandy/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-10-27/news/os-hurricane-sandy-florida-weather-20121027_1_hurricane-force-winds-wind-advisories-tropical-storm

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: October 28, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »

Janet glad to know you ad Veggie are safe and sound.

I have family in the Hurricane Sandy path. They have heeded my advice to get emergency supplies.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: October 28, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »

Janet glad to know you ad Veggie are safe and sound.

I have family in the Hurricane Sandy path. They have heeded my advice to get emergency supplies.

Please keep us updated Kermit.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.