March 28, 2024, 07:57:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940455 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: November 04, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »

Janet - because this lawsuit is about more than the Skeeters tape, it's also about the entire Dr. Phil show in regards to Satish and Deepak.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:59 PM »

Philippians 4:7  
And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Peace

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Pages 100-103: I rise and make my way up the hillside to the next cross and the next one and the next, repeating my prayers.

I am looking to the sky, which is growing bluer as dawn breaks, and talking to God.  And as I reach the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers comes.  Complete peace blankets me, and I am still.  It's a familiar feeling, yet unknown to me like this before now.  It comes in total stillness.  Silence. And in this instant I know that Natalee is with God.

I understand that from the moment she got into Deepak Kalpoe's car her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night.  I don't know if she is alive or not, but I know that He is with her.

He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.  God never questioned me when she was in my care.  I must not question Him.  I realize that He is as proud of her as I am.

Thoughts of Natalee's personal relationship with God comes to me.  He knows her very well.  And she knows Him.

Natalee was very active in the Community Ministry for Girls in Mountain Brook all four years throughout high school.  The founder and director, Donna Greene, shared a special moment with me just before graduation.  Following the very last Bible group meeting about two weeks or so ago Natalee told her friends to go on without her.  She was excited and glowing as she told Donna that she knew for certain that she had communicated with God.  She knew He had heard her.

Donna's first words of support when Natalee went missing were, "She knows how to call on God".  In these thoughts I received the blessed assurance from the Creator that rescues me.  And I am at peace.

The weight is gone.  I move to the next cross, making my way on up the hill stopping and praying at all fourteen crosses.  The Stations of the Cross.  The depiction of the walk Jesus made to His crucifixion.

The sun is up as I reach the top of the hill to see the Alto Vista chapel.  When I step onto the chapel grounds I am free, Liberated from the pain for a precious few moments.  The wind is blowing hard, and I feel Natalee.  I talk to her.  Promise to find her.  Get justice for her.  And pledge never to give up.  Never.

I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: November 04, 2012, 10:46:04 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: November 04, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

Janet - because this lawsuit is about more than the Skeeters tape, it's also about the entire Dr. Phil show in regards to Satish and Deepak.

Thanks Klaas.  Thank you for posting the documents.  Were you able to locate the court document pertaining to the deposing of Dr. Phil's editor.  It was a woman.  I was sure that you posted it.  I remember reading it.  Anyway ... DIL could not find it in her dossier.  Maybe it was a figment of my imagination.

I like your new avatar.  Hubby and I will be watching the returns across the line at a dinner  gathering at the home of my son's inlaws on Tuesday.  It is hubby and my 47th wedding anniversary.  Where did the romance go.

Janet

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #704 on: November 05, 2012, 03:31:33 AM »

Thanks  for posting the Garrison deposition.

This Kalpoe lawsuit is ridiculously slow.

I'm glad all the monkey's families are safe from Sandy.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: November 05, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »

Considering past media publicity ... it appears that the foundation of Phil McGraw's defense is that the Kalpoes are "libel proof" ... cannot be defamed.  The "editing" or "manipulating" of the Dr. Phil recording is a non-issue and ... anything negative that was implied on that broadcast in regards to the Kalpoes is a non-issue.

Janet

++++++

Libel Proof

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

<snipped>

A lawsuit filed in December 2006 by Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe maintains they were defamed in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show, when it was alleged they gave Holloway a date-rape drug and had non- consensual group sex with her. They also contend the episode implied they helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body.

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges. In addition to defamation, the Kalpoes' suit alleges invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

<snipped>

The brothers also did not ask for a correction of the "Dr. Phil" broadcast in time and are limited public figures, meaning they have to prove malice by CBS and the other defendants, the defense attorneys argue.

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: November 05, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »

The Kalpoes lose!!  Case Closed!!

STEVE COHEN - PUBLIC STATEMENT

Steve Cohen, “Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her”. REALLY?

<snipped>

This, according to SMDG Consulting Team chairman Stephen Cohen, adviser to the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA) and the Aruba Strategic Communications Task Force who spoke at the Caribbean Marketplace being held in San Juan, Puerto Rico

<snipped>

Hasn’t the entire debate about the Deepak Tapes been about whether he said, “we did or did not have sex with her?” Now Steve Cohen, consultant to the Aruban government puts it on record that they did have sex with Natalee. Why has anyone wasted any time regarding the tapes as to Deepak’s comments? Seems to be the point is moot. I guess we all now know the answer now.

“Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her. Whether consensual or not, depends on her ability to be conscious and make a choice,” said Cohen.

Posted January 18, 2006 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2006/01/18/steve-cohen-two-of-the-boys-said-they-had-consensual-sex-with-her-really/

ARUBA TRUTH
December 7, 2005

A coalition of groups announced Friday the appointment of Steve Cohen to act as spokesperson to North American media, in regards to the Natalee Holloway disappearance case.

AHATA and the ATA appointed Cohen to deal with all media relations concerning the case which still commands media coverage in the United States. Mr. Cohen has been part of the Strategic Communications Task Force since its creation in June. He has a full knowledge of the case and is an associate of the Strategic Message Design Group that has served in an advisory capacity to both ATA and AHATA.

The goal of this action is to coordinate the responses of the private and public sectors to North American media.

http://www.arubatruth.com/?p=17

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »

The Kalpoes lose!!  Case Closed!!

PROSECUTORS OFFICE - STATEMENT RELEASE

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »

Gerald Dompig

Police official tells 'Abrams Report' about latest in the Holloway case
TRANSCRIPT
Oct. 12, 2005

GERALD DOMPIG, ARUBAN DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE:  DOMPIG: Exactly. And I go by the rule of thumb that, in the first 40 days -- as I said in a different program -- the first 40 days, law enforcement has probably also already spoken to the perpetrators.

So we feel strongly that we have already spoken to them. And there's no one else outside this group that could be involved or responsible.

So sometimes people will ask us that, "Are you not tunnel-visioned? Maybe you should look at other possibilities." Of course. We did that. But we still feel that, every time you go on a path, a different path, that path leads back, comes back to these three boys.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9676188/page/2/

Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Nov. 2nd
Nov. 3, 2005

RITA COSBY, HOST:  Do you believe, Chief—you said to me even before this interview that you believe the boys are guilty as hell. Do you believe they‘re involved in her disappearance?

GEROLD DOMPIG, ARUBA DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF:  Yes.

<snipped>

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9910586/from/RL.3/

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 5
April. 6, 2006

GEROLD DOMPIG, ARUBAN DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE: I want to state once more that I still believe that these boys have been lying. They‘re still lying, and everybody knows that by now. So there‘s no doubt in my mind that they know something.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12187266/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: November 05, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

Why has this lawsuit dragged on for almost six long years?

A dossier/compilation of media transcripts and media video clips of those in the know within the Natalee Holloway investigation implicating Deepak and Satish Kalpoe in their own words  should be all the evidence Phil McGraw's defence requires as evidence to prove to the court that defamation did not occur as a result of the Dr. Phil broadcase.

Janet

+++++

Aruba: Natalee Holloway: Deepak & Satish Kalpoe Suing Dr Phil for Defamation … Doesn’t One Have to First have Character?

Can people who knowingly and willfully lie, obstruct justice and bear false witness have the credibility to sue for defamation? Doesn’t one first need character in order to sue for it’s damage? The Kalpoe’s and Aruba have been dancing around the truth in the Natalee Holloway case for 3 years running. The question that needs to be addressed is did either Deepak or Satish Kalpoe have the ability to sue for libel seeing that their reputations were already tarnished prior to the Dr Phil tape. Namely, their reputations were tarnished by their own doing.

Posted June 14, 2008 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/06/14/aruba-natalee-holloway-deepak-satish-kalpoe-suing-dr-phil-for-defamation-doesnt-one-have-to-first-have-character/

Steve Cohen, “Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her”. REALLY?

Hasn’t the entire debate about the Deepak Tapes been about whether he said, “we did or did not have sex with her?” Now Steve Cohen, consultant to the Aruban government puts it on record that they did have sex with Natalee. Why has anyone wasted any time regarding the tapes as to Deepak’s comments? Seems to be the point is moot. I guess we all now know the answer now.

“Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her. Whether consensual or not, depends on her ability to be conscious and make a choice,” said Cohen.

Posted January 18, 2006 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2006/01/18/steve-cohen-two-of-the-boys-said-they-had-consensual-sex-with-her-really/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: November 05, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »

Food for Thought

Aruba: Natalee Holloway: Deepak & Satish Kalpoe Suing Dr Phil for Defamation … Doesn’t One Have to First have Character?

The defamation lawsuit filed by the two Surinamese brothers, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway continues to go forward. The first question that one would ask is, how can one claim defamation of charters if they are void of said character? Should the law suit go forward? Probably not; however, I say why not … discovery and interrogatories of the Kalpoe brothers might just be what the doctor ordered to help find answers and “Justice for Natalee”.

Posted June 14, 2008 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/06/14/aruba-natalee-holloway-deepak-satish-kalpoe-suing-dr-phil-for-defamation-doesnt-one-have-to-first-have-character/

s.t.

_____

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #711 on: November 05, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

http://www.andersoncooper.com/episodes/mary-hamer-krysten-ritter-kyle-richards/
Edit to add date of article.  MB November 5, 2012
DAYTIME EXCLUSIVE: JORAN VAN DER SLOOT'S GUARDIAN ANGEL MARY HAMER SPEAKS OUT about the controversial new book she is co-writing with Natalee's alleged killer, which is dedicated, in part, to Natalee.

GMA*B

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:23:41 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: November 05, 2012, 05:13:58 PM »

Edit to add date of article.  MB  November 5, 2012
DAYTIME EXCLUSIVE: JORAN VAN DER SLOOT'S GUARDIAN ANGEL MARY HAMER SPEAKS OUT about the controversial new book she is co-writing with Natalee's alleged killer, which is dedicated, in part, to Natalee.

GMA*B

Oh good grief!!   ::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran::  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:24:10 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:26 PM »

Edit to add date of article.  MB November 5, 2012

GMA*B

I certainly hope that Beth knows about this.  She should tie up any possible profits.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:24:42 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: November 05, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »

GMA*B

SuzieQ- my sentiments exactly.  She is not going to do this.  If she did it would be like Byass' book- no one would  read it because it was full of it.

She just spewing you know what...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:25:06 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #715 on: November 05, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »

Also, in another case 

Rhode Island Court Cases

PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE    07-NOV-2012

3rd District Court

Thanks Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: November 05, 2012, 06:35:46 PM »

Documents filed in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case.  A recent document filed by the Defense team included his deposition/statement made by Larry Garrison.  This was one of many documents filed to prove the Kalpoe's were public figures thus were not defamed.

I know it's hard to read:

Thanks for posting this Klaas! 

And thanks to the generous monkey that purchases the documents for us!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: November 05, 2012, 06:41:20 PM »

GMA*B

I certainly hope that Beth knows about this.  She should tie up any possible profits.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:25:34 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »

GMA*B

I should clarify by saying that IMO if this book thing does come to pass, I think Mary Hamer will probably spend more having it printed than it will ever make in sales.  

RG's crockumentary comes to mind...  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:26:00 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: November 05, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »

The following is a link to a video clip of today's Anderson Cooper interview with Mary Hamer.  My understanding is that a response from Beth will be forthcoming.

http://www.andersoncooper.com/videos/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.