March 28, 2024, 03:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940305 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: November 11, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

http://www.andersoncooper.com/episodes/mary-hamer-krysten-ritter-kyle-richards/
Edit to add date of article.  MB November 5, 2012
DAYTIME EXCLUSIVE: JORAN VAN DER SLOOT'S GUARDIAN ANGEL MARY HAMER SPEAKS OUT about the controversial new book she is co-writing with Natalee's alleged killer, which is dedicated, in part, to Natalee.

GMA*B

Mary Mary, why are you so smart and crazy all at the same time.
How much is she going to give the killer of Natalee & Stephanie.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »

The Kalpoes lose!!  Case Closed!!
PROSECUTORS OFFICE - STATEMENT RELEASE
Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

<snip>
You are stating this as if there was some breaking news, but then quoting stuff from 2005? I am not sure of your point as you didn't indicate it as if it were an opinion or that you were hoping for it to be closed, etc.

I await the day where there is truly news that the Kalpoes lost the case, with proper attribution to the pertinent news source.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: November 11, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »

Sleuth

Dated articles from the archives imply that those in the know within the Natalee Holloway investigation had undermine the characters of the Kalpoes through statements to the media prior to the disputed Dr. Phil episode.

Dated articles from the the archives imply that those in the know within the Natalee Holloway investigation had undermine the characters of the Kalpoes through statements in interviews on National television prior to the disputed Dr. Phil episode.

My point was that these statements are evidence that defamation against the Kalpoes by Phil McGraw did not happen.

My deduction and the deduction of others that the Kalpoes will lose this defamation lawsuit may be wishful thinking.  The outcome will be what the outcome will be.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »

STEVE COHEN - PUBLIC STATEMENT

Steve Cohen, “Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her”. REALLY?

<snipped>

This, according to SMDG Consulting Team chairman Stephen Cohen, adviser to the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA) and the Aruba Strategic Communications Task Force who spoke at the Caribbean Marketplace being held in San Juan, Puerto Rico

<snipped>

Hasn’t the entire debate about the Deepak Tapes been about whether he said, “we did or did not have sex with her?” Now Steve Cohen, consultant to the Aruban government puts it on record that they did have sex with Natalee. Why has anyone wasted any time regarding the tapes as to Deepak’s comments? Seems to be the point is moot. I guess we all now know the answer now.

“Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her. Whether consensual or not, depends on her ability to be conscious and make a choice,” said Cohen.

Posted January 18, 2006 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2006/01/18/steve-cohen-two-of-the-boys-said-they-had-consensual-sex-with-her-really/

ARUBA TRUTH
December 7, 2005

A coalition of groups announced Friday the appointment of Steve Cohen to act as spokesperson to North American media, in regards to the Natalee Holloway disappearance case.

AHATA and the ATA appointed Cohen to deal with all media relations concerning the case which still commands media coverage in the United States. Mr. Cohen has been part of the Strategic Communications Task Force since its creation in June. He has a full knowledge of the case and is an associate of the Strategic Message Design Group that has served in an advisory capacity to both ATA and AHATA.

The goal of this action is to coordinate the responses of the private and public sectors to North American media.

http://www.arubatruth.com/?p=17

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »

PROSECUTORS OFFICE - STATEMENT RELEASE

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: November 11, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

Gerald Dompig

Police official tells 'Abrams Report' about latest in the Holloway case
TRANSCRIPT
Oct. 12, 2005

GERALD DOMPIG, ARUBAN DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE:  DOMPIG: Exactly. And I go by the rule of thumb that, in the first 40 days -- as I said in a different program -- the first 40 days, law enforcement has probably also already spoken to the perpetrators.

So we feel strongly that we have already spoken to them. And there's no one else outside this group that could be involved or responsible.

So sometimes people will ask us that, "Are you not tunnel-visioned? Maybe you should look at other possibilities." Of course. We did that. But we still feel that, every time you go on a path, a different path, that path leads back, comes back to these three boys.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9676188/page/2/

Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Nov. 2nd
Nov. 3, 2005

RITA COSBY, HOST:  Do you believe, Chief—you said to me even before this interview that you believe the boys are guilty as hell. Do you believe they‘re involved in her disappearance?

GEROLD DOMPIG, ARUBA DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF:  Yes.

<snipped>

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9910586/from/RL.3/

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 5
April. 6, 2006

GEROLD DOMPIG, ARUBAN DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE: I want to state once more that I still believe that these boys have been lying. They‘re still lying, and everybody knows that by now. So there‘s no doubt in my mind that they know something.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12187266/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: November 11, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »

Food for Thought

Aruba: Natalee Holloway: Deepak & Satish Kalpoe Suing Dr Phil for Defamation … Doesn’t One Have to First have Character?

The defamation lawsuit filed by the two Surinamese brothers, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway continues to go forward. The first question that one would ask is, how can one claim defamation of charters if they are void of said character? Should the law suit go forward? Probably not; however, I say why not … discovery and interrogatories of the Kalpoe brothers might just be what the doctor ordered to help find answers and “Justice for Natalee”.

Posted June 14, 2008 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/06/14/aruba-natalee-holloway-deepak-satish-kalpoe-suing-dr-phil-for-defamation-doesnt-one-have-to-first-have-character/

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »

Sleuth

Dated articles from the archives imply that those in the know within the Natalee Holloway investigation had undermine the characters of the Kalpoes through statements to the media prior to the disputed Dr. Phil episode.

Dated articles from the the archives imply that those in the know within the Natalee Holloway investigation had undermine the characters of the Kalpoes through statements in interviews on National television prior to the disputed Dr. Phil episode.

My point was that these statements are evidence that defamation against the Kalpoes by Phil McGraw did not happen.

My deduction and the deduction of others that the Kalpoes will lose this defamation lawsuit may be wishful thinking.  The outcome will be what the outcome will be.

Janet

Although I get it that "defamation" against the Kalpoes did not happen as a result of an alleged manipulated recording or ... anything else that was implied on that Sept. 15, 2005 show ... could it be that the Dr. Phil recording may nevertheless be "the elephant in the room" that has dragged this lawsuit out for almost seven long years?  Why has the Kalpoes' financial backers not dropped the lawsuit?

Janet

++++++

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

Page 14:
  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kalpoedrphil050609awm.pdf

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: November 12, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »

Sleuth

Janet

Although I get it that "defamation" against the Kalpoes did not happen as a result of an alleged manipulated recording or ... anything else that was implied on that Sept. 15, 2005 show ... could it be that the Dr. Phil recording may nevertheless be "the elephant in the room" that has dragged this lawsuit out for almost seven long years?  Why has the Kalpoes' financial backers not dropped the lawsuit?

Janet

++++++

Page 14:
  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

Quite frankly, I believe the seven years this civil case has been in the system isn't that unusual.  Civil suits can take years and years.  There are no elephants in the room, it's just the system.  There are a couple of liars in the room though.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: November 12, 2012, 01:38:20 PM »

Sleuth

Janet

Janet

++++++

Page 14:

Quite frankly, I believe the seven years this civil case has been in the system isn't that unusual. Civil suits can take years and years.  There are no elephants in the room, it's just the system.  There are a couple of liars in the room though.   

Aruban attorney Arlene Schipper implied that Americans don't understand the Dutch system.  It appears that don't understand the American system.  Hey ... I don't understand the Canadian system.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »

Muffy

It may not be legally defined as "defamation" as stated in the Kalpoes' lawsuit filing but could it be that it is illegal nevertheless IF Phil McGraw manipulated his recording in such a way that Deepak's words heard by Americans viewing and listening to the September 15, 2005 Dr. Phil show do not reflect those spoken in the Skeeters' interview ... do not reflect Deepak's words saved on Skeeters' hard drive?

Could it have been that Phil McGraw and his producers in a quest for ratings never anticipated that the Kalpoes' would have had the ability to legally challenged the manipulated recording ... illegally challenge the  defamation in the overall show with a $500,000,000 lawsuit?  In other words ... Aruban financial backers were not anticipated.

Considering evidence can be produced by the defence that defamation did not occur ... could it be that until comparable Jamie Skeeter evidence can be produced that the Dr. Phil recording was not manipulated this recording may be the "elephant in the room" that has been holding up the lawsuit for seven long years?

Why has the Kalpoes' financial backers not dropped this lawsuit?  Why has the court tolerated the arrogant non-compliance of the Kalpoes' attorneys time and time again?

Could it be that a settlement from Phil McGraw and company is anticipated in regards to the alleged manipulation of the Dr. Phil recording?

Muffy ... you could be right regarding the seven year process getting this lawsuit to court is not unusual and my speculations are moot.  However ... until the truth is revealed ... they are my speculations.

Janet

+++++

Ex-Holloway Suspects Sue Dr. Phi
Fri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST

<snipped>

The complaint states that Skeeter secretly videotaped an interview with Deepak Kalpoe and then aired the illicit recording on Dr. Phil—after cutting it in such a way as to "create false, incriminating and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway." ...

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."

<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b53983_Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil.html

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

<snipped>

KELLY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over, which was sort of, for lack of a better word, arrogant on his part. The court did not necessarily like that.

But I can't see them both using the courts as a sword and then a shield. They can't bring this action, they can't seek damages and not obey the orders of the court and expect their case to go forward.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: November 12, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »

I sincerely hope Charles Babcock's expectations are right.  Twenty months following his statement ... the lawsuit has yet to be thrown out.

Janet

+++++

Is Dr. Phil Winning or Losing the Natalee Holloway Case Battle?
Mar 16, 2011 – 4:09 PM

"The problem with these f---ing things [is] they get a life of their own," Dr. Phil's attorney, Charles Babcock, told AOL News.

<snipped>

Babcock said he expects that the lawsuit against Dr. Phil will ultimately be "thrown out." He also said he suspects there is more to the suit than meets the eye

"I will tell you what is going on here, which is just crystal clear if you know how lawsuits work: This is being funded by somebody other than these two guys. Dr. Phil called for a boycott of Aruba, and this is being supported by the Aruban tourism industry and maybe some hotels, some casinos, maybe the government itself," Babcock alleged. "But these guys are spending millions of dollars [on] this case, so this isn't two young guys perusing a claim. This is guys with larger backing."

The Aruba Tourism Authority told AOL News that it is "not involved financially or otherwise in this lawsuit."

The Chicago law firm representing the Kalpoe brothers did not immediately return calls for comment.

<snipped>

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/16/is-dr-phil-winning-or-losing-the-natalee-holloway-case-battle/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: November 12, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »

Janet, all I can say is that I think you are looking for things that aren't there.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: November 12, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »

Janet, all I can say is that I think you are looking for things that aren't there.  JMHO

I am not sure, but I believe that if the Kalpoes drop the lawsuit now, they can be
made to pay Dr. Phil's legal fees relating to this case.   That could be a hefty sum.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #754 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »

Looks like a body found in a car at Malmok?

http://www.awe24.com/20121110/12487/Update_Hende_haya_morto_na_Tres_Cadushi_na_Malmok_a_bin_resulta_hende_cu_ta

Update: Hende haya morto na Tres Cadushi na Malmok a bin resulta hende cu ta ser busca pa 4 dia caba

23 hora pasa , 10 di november 2012 12:50
Seccion: incidente

Diasabra merdia a drenta informe cu lo tin un auto para na Tres Cadushi na Malmok unda tin un hende den auto cu no ta duna señal di bida. Mesora a dirigi patruya na e sitio. Na yegada di patruya a constata cu enberdad tin un auto eynan anto e hende no ta duna señal di bida. E curpa tabata den e vehiculo den un estado di descomposicion y tin indicacion cu aki ta trata di un caso criminal. E victima ta cuadra cu e descripcion di e persona cu a ser emeiti den un otro informe cu lo tin 4 dia caba desapareci. E tabata den e Kia Picanto cora A25710. Polis mesora a sera e area pa asina inicia cu e investigacion, a solicita presencia di tur autoridad competente na e sitio. E curpa a ser identifica como Otoniel Otalvaro Jaramillo di 44 aña, famianan a ser avisa y tambe a presenta na e sitio.
 ::snipping2::

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/55664-curpa-sin-bida-haya-den-auto-na-malmok

Papiamentu translation:

comerciante of "oro cash" achieve dead

saturday, 10 november 2012 12:41

saturday afternoon the curpa without life of otoniel otalvaro owing to being achieve in area of mouth catalina in kia picanto a-25710 color cora cu is pertenece at his casa. fiscal owing to let take curpa in beslag hour cu doctor owing to notifica autoridad cu the dead do not uno natural. fuentenan in police owing to notifica do not descarta cu the heridanan at curpa can is owing to consecuencia of arm of candela. the victima otoniel otalvaro naci 15 of march 1968 was residencia at life madiki 131. in week owing to beat alarma because they have some day without mire. yiunan, rumannan, mother y casa owing to arrive at the sitio for follow investigacion of close. the area owing to stay for one good rato completamente close for investigacion deep can owing to follow. the comerciante self saturday week happen was in pleno celebracion still because past owing to become welo. the was at various lugar as manuelito's in oranan of nightfall, cas casuela y of eynan owing to go cafe capri in oranan of night. monday according family they owing to mire ultimo trip. the is a cu likes trip y strike his drinksnan. the know have suma of coin constant on dje. hour the trip the husta have person rond of dje y likes send his treatnan also. the news of his dead after of some day perdi owing to shock enough person. in one form much profesional the personal of cuerpo tecnico owing to zorg for succeed last one evidencia for investiga the caso earnest here. is being talk cu the car was parcialmente reboltea dunando indicacion cu was have one forzageo. the curba was in one estado of descompocision. the version cu the will owing to wordo throw do not confirma y same have indicacion cu the have golpinan strong at cara cu is show indicacion of arm of candela. also at throat is show cierto strangulacion cual all have to wordo investiga in detaye mirando cu the curpa have some day without life. his friend in business of "oro cash" was at the sitio also saturday afternoon y owing to stay oranan largo together cu the other familiarnan while cu the investigacion was andando. come across

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: November 12, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »

Muffy

It may not be legally defined as "defamation" as stated in the Kalpoes' lawsuit filing but could it be that it is illegal nevertheless IF Phil McGraw manipulated his recording in such a way that Deepak's words heard by Americans viewing and listening to the September 15, 2005 Dr. Phil show do not reflect those spoken in the Skeeters' interview ... do not reflect Deepak's words saved on Skeeters' hard drive?

Could it have been that Phil McGraw and his producers in a quest for ratings never anticipated that the Kalpoes' would have had the ability to legally challenged the manipulated recording ... illegally challenge the  defamation in the overall show with a $500,000,000 lawsuit?  In other words ... Aruban financial backers were not anticipated.

Considering evidence can be produced by the defence that defamation did not occur ... could it be that until comparable Jamie Skeeter evidence can be produced that the Dr. Phil recording was not manipulated this recording may be the "elephant in the room" that has been holding up the lawsuit for seven long years?

Why has the Kalpoes' financial backers not dropped this lawsuit?  Why has the court tolerated the arrogant non-compliance of the Kalpoes' attorneys time and time again?

Could it be that a settlement from Phil McGraw and company is anticipated in regards to the alleged manipulation of the Dr. Phil recording?

Muffy ... you could be right regarding the seven year process getting this lawsuit to court is not unusual and my speculations are moot.  However ... until the truth is revealed ... they are my speculations.

Janet

+++++

Ex-Holloway Suspects Sue Dr. Phi
Fri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST

<snipped>

The complaint states that Skeeter secretly videotaped an interview with Deepak Kalpoe and then aired the illicit recording on Dr. Phil—after cutting it in such a way as to "create false, incriminating and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway." ...

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."

<snipped>

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b53983_Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil.html

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

<snipped>

KELLY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over, which was sort of, for lack of a better word, arrogant on his part. The court did not necessarily like that.

But I can't see them both using the courts as a sword and then a shield. They can't bring this action, they can't seek damages and not obey the orders of the court and expect their case to go forward.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

I don't see any elephants in the room.  I don't think Dr. Phil's legal team underestimated the Kalpoes.  I think the Kalpoes and their attorneys saw $$$, thought there would be an easy settlement and there wasn't.  I think the Kalpoes are in too deep to pull out.  I think Dr. Phil and his attorneys are biding their time. I am not an attorney and I don't know much about the law in the regard to these things, but I do know things can be held up in court for years. JMHO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room
"Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss.[1]
It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have chosen to avoid dealing with the looming big issue.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #756 on: November 12, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »

The article about the man found dead in his car mentioned that he'd been missing for four days.  He'd actually been reported missing.

http://www.qracao.com/index.php/nieuws-vandaag/3888-man-vermist-op-aruba

Google translation:

Man missing in Aruba
Written by Press Office Curacao |
ARUBA - In Aruba, the 44-year Otoniel Otalvaro Jaramillo missing. His family is looking for him.

Otoniel was last seen on November 5, at around 19.00 'Oro Cash' in Oranjestad. He works there and departed that night in a red Kia Picanto with registration number A-25710. Otoniel was born on March 15, 1968 and has rounded and stature, light brown skin and black, fine and short hair. Otoniel speaks only Spanish and Papiamento. During his disappearance he was wearing black jeans and a white-blue shirt with long sleeves.

http://www.awe24.com/r12480
3 DIA PASA , 9 DI NOVEMBER 2012 10:56
SECCION: SOCIAL
http://ba1.sim-img.net/awe24_archive/12480/1_1352498533.jpg

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »

I don't see any elephants in the room.  I don't think Dr. Phil's legal team underestimated the Kalpoes.  I think the Kalpoes and their attorneys saw $$$, thought there would be an easy settlement and there wasn't.  I think the Kalpoes are in too deep to pull out.  I think Dr. Phil and his attorneys are biding their time. I am not an attorney and I don't know much about the law in the regard to these things, but I do know things can be held up in court for years. JMHO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room
"Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss.[1]
It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have chosen to avoid dealing with the looming big issue.

Muffy

You could be right.

It may be my imagination but ... I see an "elephant in the room" ... a big one!

1.  When it is considered that public incriminating statements regarding the Kalpoes by those in the know within the Natalee Holloway investigation are out there that the defense can use as evidence to prove that the alleged defamation of the Kalpoes did not happen at ANYTIME throughout that September 15, 2005 broadcast ... why after almost seven long years has the financial backers of the lawsuit not dropped the lawsuit.  The longer the procrastination ... the higher the legal fees.

2.  When it is considered that time and time again the Kalpoes' attorneys have neglected to comply with the court order requests to produce case documents and time and time again the court has afforded extended deadlines which have been disregarded ... why has the lawsuit not been thrown out?

I speculate that the answers to the above questions encompassing "the elephant in the room" is the Dr. Phil recording.

Could it be that the legal definition of the alleged manipulation may not be "defamation" but ... the alleged manipulation is illegal nevertheless?  Could it be that the Kalpoes' financial backers and attorneys realize this and ... the court realizes this?  Could it be that "defamation" is no longer the issue?

Muffy ... I could be wrong.  Time will tell.

Janet

++++++

Judge: Holloway-related suit goes on against CBS and ’Dr. Phil’ McGraw
By Associated Press
Wednesday, February 6, 2008

LOS ANGELES - A judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, the lead attorney for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward A. Ferns.

<snipped?

In their dismissal motion, attorneys for CBS Television and McGraw maintained lawyers for the Kalpoes did not meet deadlines to produce all documents they have demanded concerning the criminal case investigation against the brothers in Aruba.

But the judge gave the Kalpoes’ lawyers another five days to satisfy the document deadline.

"The documents are relevant to the most fundamental issues in this case," Ferns stated in his ruling. "There is no other (information) which can substitute for the documents sought by the defendants due to the nature of this case."

<snipped>

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/celebrity/view.bg?articleid=1071660

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: November 12, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »

Page 14:

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: November 12, 2012, 11:23:58 PM »

http://www.lawqa.com/qa/what-would-be-consequences-if-i-dropped-personal-injury-lawsuit-in-middle-of-it

Question
What happens if I drop a personal injury lawsuit in the middle of it ?

Law Offices of Steven R. Kuhn & Associates | Steven R. Kuhn
Answer:
You should consult with the opposing side. Ask them if they will accept a dismissal for a waiver of costs. You need some consideration or you leave yourself open for a malicious prosecution case against you.

Answer Applies to: California

Replied: 6/23/2011

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.